Tinkerbell Movie coming to El Capitan

Michelle,

That will totally stink if you end up with two extra. If you truly do have two extra...please let us all know. I can try a little harder to get someone else interested.

Sunday is just such a family day...I didn't get a lot of interest before!! AMY

I agree with Amy - let us know and we can try to find more folks. I already placed a call into a single mom friend who has a 4 yr old daughter. She's going to get back to me this evening, after she gets a chance to check her calendar.

Thanks, guys! It was my own error, somehow I just miscounted. I thought I did the right math with deleting nana and then adding the new people, but I messed it up.
I did order 27 tickets. If the list is accurate, we only have 25 coming. So, if anyone has one or two more who'd like to come, that would be great.
Amy, we have a full van coming from San Diego area at this point. We'd have to take another vehicle to add any people. That would end up being more than $18. So, if it comes to it, I'll just absorb the cost. My error anyway.

Michelle,

hang tight - Erin sounded very interested, so I hopefully will know in the next two days. She's in Orange County, so that should help.

Well, I got the tickets! Whoo hoo! :cool1:
We're just about a week away.

Does anyone have any questions?

I plan to be at the El Capitan around 11. I was thinking of doing the soda shoppe after the movie.

My DD's best friend is having her B-day party that day at noon. We just got the invite yesterday. So, we are in negotiations....

I am very happy to donate my two tickets to anyone who might be a late comer to this thread.....

AMY

My DD's best friend is having her B-day party that day at noon. We just got the invite yesterday. So, we are in negotiations....

I am very happy to donate my two tickets to anyone who might be a late comer to this thread.....

AMY

Rats! I was looking forward to seeing you and meeting your DD.

Rats! I was looking forward to seeing you and meeting your DD.

Why thanx!! I'm pretty bummed, and while I usually force my kid to fulfill commitments, I am letting her chose this time. Up until this year at school she has been a bit of a loner, and wasn't invited to parties very often. The biggest "bully Diva" of the class is in another school this year, so the dynamics have changed in the group. There is a shuffling of power. ( I know, sad sad sad, they are only 8!!!) All of a sudden my DD8 comes home all excited that this little girl or that one asked to play with her. Last year, we didn't have that,she generally was stuck playing with the kindergartners.

So, her position as part of the group is a bit tenuous, so scary as this sounds, this Build a Bear party might dictate her social standing for the rest of the year.

Too bad llife is like that!! As an only child she started school without the armor to withstand the generally nastiness of kids. I know my brother and I could be horrid to each other. But, then when I was called a poopy head at school, I retaliated in kind rather than my poor kid who gets her feelings hurt!!!

Oh, well sorry to rant. Just wanted to let everyone know why I am ditching. Not like me, I believe in being reliable!! Also to explain that my DD is not a spoiled brat who dictates my every move. Nope, instead, a bit of a social outcast...and we are working on it!!

:) to everyone, AMY

Oh, and have fun!!

Why thanx!! I'm pretty bummed, and while I usually force my kid to fulfill commitments, I am letting her chose this time. Up until this year at school she has been a bit of a loner, and wasn't invited to parties very often. The biggest "bully Diva" of the class is in another school this year, so the dynamics have changed in the group. There is a shuffling of power. ( I know, sad sad sad, they are only 8!!!) All of a sudden my DD8 comes home all excited that this little girl or that one asked to play with her. Last year, we didn't have that,she generally was stuck playing with the kindergartners.

So, her position as part of the group is a bit tenuous, so scary as this sounds, this Build a Bear party might dictate her social standing for the rest of the year.

Too bad llife is like that!! As an only child she started school without the armor to withstand the generally nastiness of kids. I know my brother and I could be horrid to each other. But, then when I was called a poopy head at school, I retaliated in kind rather than my poor kid who gets her feelings hurt!!!

Oh, well sorry to rant. Just wanted to let everyone know why I am ditching. Not like me, I believe in being reliable!! Also to explain that my DD is not a spoiled brat who dictates my every move. Nope, instead, a bit of a social outcast...and we are working on it!!

Oh, and have fun!!

Being an only child myself--I completely sympathize. There are just certain social skills (or defenses--LOL) that you just don't learn being an "only."

Hope she has fun at BAB!

Oh, and have fun!!

Don't worry about it! My dd is an only too and gets her feelings hurt all the time. I understand the need to help your dd position herself in the "new" group. Those parties and such outside of school hold a lot of influence of what happens on the playground.

Oh Amy - I totally understand! I was in your daughter's shoes as a kid. Glad you are understanding of what happens and rember what ist was like. Even though my mom was a teacher, she never "got it". I'm sorry we couldn't meet you this time!

Spoke with Erin. They will probably not be able to go. She's worried her 4 yr old might not do well in the movie after an hour drive up from Orange County. Chiara doesn't watch a lot of TV and gets restless. She says if we do end up with extras at the end, they may try it.

I wished I lived close by, so I could go too! It sounds like a lot of fun! I am for sure getting the Tinker Bell Movie when it comes out on DVD!

Can't wait to see everyone on Sunday!!!!

I'm still looking around for more people to go to use the other tickets. I'll post back if I hear anything!

3 days and counting down!!!!

We are leaving OC between 9:45 and 10:00 so will be there most likely between 11 and 11:15.

Can't wait to see everybody too!

We're heading out of San Marcos at 9, so we'll probably pass you along the way, Cheryl!

We'll be there about 11. I think we might park in the Hollywood and Highland complex. The stores there validate, so we might get some BeardPapas (amazing cream puffs) and call it good. Otherwise there is a lot directly south of the Hollywood and Highland (entrance off Highland) and it is the closest lot you can get to being almost right behind the theater building. $10 flat rate all day (no in and out privilages).

I hope you all enjoy Tinkerbell. I wish I could meet all of you !!

I will be at Build a Bear, on a Sunday...at the mall. Oh, serious, UGH!!

Have fun erveryone!!

AMY

Amy: so sorry you had to miss--it was a lot of fun!

Michelle: thanks so much for putting our group together!
Pat especially wanted me to thank you--he thought it was a great day!

YellowMickeyPonchos and Tinkerbelle's Mommy: so nice to meet both of you, and your DDs!

Hope everyone got home safe and sound!

Hi everyone!

It was nice to meet all of you yesturday. Cora and I had a fantastic time! We both love the movie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter