Tickets from Airmiles

I kind of feel like this is a game now. :crazy: Maybe I'll go back to Cornwall tonight after dinner just to see what happens.

Did your cashier just refuse to do it or call someone else to ask? I'm curious as to how it worked for me but not others.

I kind of feel like this is a game now. :crazy: Maybe I'll go back to Cornwall tonight after dinner just to see what happens.

Did your cashier just refuse to do it or call someone else to ask? I'm curious as to how it worked for me but not others.

She told me that they weren't allowed to do it. I picked a teenager but obviously one who knows the rules!!!! Long brown hair and freckles if that helps, lol.

At Third Line the cashier said she didn't think she could do it and she called someone and they said that they weren't.

Update Sunday am, went to the Sobeys near work, same one as the first time. Seven times, no issues and didn't need to buy the prepaid Visa. Will be doing again on way home. Remember if you need the points it only costs 5.95 per 200 points to buy the prepaid cards, little more work but they don't argue then/

Update Sunday am, went to the Sobeys near work, same one as the first time. Seven times, no issues and didn't need to buy the prepaid Visa. Will be doing again on way home. Remember if you need the points it only costs 5.95 per 200 points to buy the prepaid cards, little more work but they don't argue then/

I was told that you couldn't do that either.

If you go back today and it works, let me know which teller is the best.

I just got back from Milton and while there I passed a Sobey's so I ran in to try it out. Worked again. I could tell the cashier knew what I was doing. Her name was Marium....long dark hair, perhaps Indian heritage.

Just so you know I have not explained to any of them what I wanted to do or why. I just handed the stack of cards over, asked for separate transactions and then handed over my AM card. When it was time to pay I took the payment GC out of my wallet and passed it over. Then just rotated the cards while the next was being keyed in.

Just started reading this thread now. Brilliant. I will keep my eyes peeled for future Sobey's flyers for the same promo.

Planning a trip to Universal in the winter myself.....

The wait is killing me to see if my AM account credits. It should be in another day or two.

Ya these are big bonuses , so not sure why but that is what it took. Heck if they come that quick after what I did this weekend I would have 2 more tickets and it might force me to go mid sept. Its going to end up costing more now...lol

The wait is killing me to see if my AM account credits. It should be in another day or two.
I'm curious too. Excited for you! Don't have Sobey's where I am. Reading through the Airmiles threads has lit a fire under my butt and I'm determined to do better collecting AMs.

Ya, Sobey's takes long for me too. Rexall, on the other hand, is awesome.

Air Miles from Friday and Saturday have been posted to my account. I got my 200 miles for the gift card I purchased on Friday. Anyone else?

I also purchased one on Sunday, but that is not posted.

I just checked and mine from Friday and Saturday have posted but not completely correct. One from Friday has posted as 10 instead of 200. They also posted in weird amounts....1000...200....600 etc. Hopefully, I will see the Sunday one tomorrow.

I also changed my dream/cash thing, last weekend, to give me 10% so that we can have some Starbucks money for WDW. As soon as I have enough on the cash side to get me at least $50-60 I'll switch back to all dream.

I just checked and mine from Friday and Saturday have posted but not completely correct. One from Friday has posted as 10 instead of 200. They also posted in weird amounts....1000...200....600 etc. Hopefully, I will see the Sunday one tomorrow.

I also changed my dream/cash thing, last weekend, to give me 10% so that we can have some Starbucks money for WDW. As soon as I have enough on the cash side to get me at least $50-60 I'll switch back to all dream.

Well, it sounds like you did well anyways! I don't like how they report points from Sobeys. They don't give the date the transaction occurred and the points are all over the place.

The points from the Air Miles coupons have not shown up. I used a 50 and a 100 coupon and neither have shown up.

It seems like Sobey's takes everything you earned from Saturday to Saturday and posts them all at once on the following Thursday. I wonder if Sunday's purchases won't show up until next Thursday.

Last edited:
If you had the same coupons that I still have for 50 and 100 those are not valid until Aug 28-30. If that's the case you might not get them. I'm going to use mine with that $150 GC next weekend. So here's hoping for another good flyer next week with plenty of bonuses and sale items. On Sunday I bought the Prime Chicken wings that were buy 2 get 100 AM. What a rip off...we opened the box last night planning to have them for dinner. There were 10 wings in the box. :eek:

With Metro they do accumulate your spending from Sun-Sat. So it does take a week for those miles to credit but the bonuses often credit within a couple of days. Since Sobey's shopping is new to me I don't if they do the same. I'll have to check into that.

Yes, I made out like a bandit on the miles last weekend. If that one doesn't credit correctly I'm certainly not going to say anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter