• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tickets from Airmiles

That's amazing!!
And I was pretty proud of myself for buying the giftcard at Sobeys and turning around to spend it at Foodland for their 100 bonus airmiles for spending $75. Did it twice, and purchased the items that were spend $35, get 20 AM. So, 440 AM in one shopping trip.
Next time I will forsure use the card to buy another!

I am jumping with joy right now, all bonus points went in and its all legit. Now I only wish I had done more. Will keep an eye out for that again.
Just wanted to update everyone that if Sobeys is offering x amount of points for buying x gift card, jump on it and then buy another card with the gift card you just bought.
Its crazy but works.:banana::banana::banana::jumping1:

I'm definitely on it next time. We're going to have to make special thread for it if it happens again!!!

That's amazing!!
And I was pretty proud of myself for buying the giftcard at Sobeys and turning around to spend it at Foodland for their 100 bonus airmiles for spending $75. Did it twice, and purchased the items that were spend $35, get 20 AM. So, 440 AM in one shopping trip.
Next time I will forsure use the card to buy another!

I'm definitely on it next time. We're going to have to make special thread for it if it happens again!!!

I will defiantly start a new thread as soon as I see it again. Not sure if they will though. I knew I should have done more, but was nervous even doing the ones I did.
I was on redflagdeals, just found that site and no one on there had it, so we will keep it as our little secret so we can all get our tickets. Helps pay for the exchange now. lol

The buy $150 Sobeys gift card earn 200 miles is back this weekend. It's Friday, Saturday, Sunday only. I really want to try what you did Mort it but I'm nervous for some reason. Just thought I would let everyone know it's back.

Last edited:

I just reviewed tomorrow's flyer and the coupon is not there. What area are you from? I'm in MB. Coupons likely vary by province?

Oh I'm sorry, I should have specified. I'm in Southern Ontario.

I was nervous as well, but this weekend I am all over it. I already picked up one 5 day park pass, now I will just ring up as many as the store will let me.
One thing I did do and will do again is keep the flyer and look at the fineprint, read it over and make sure it hasn't changed. And then I keep the flyer till the points come in. Takes about 3 weeks. Turn around and get the 5 day park passes and one week later, thank you Sobeys.:flower1:pixiedust:

The buy $150 Sobeys gift card earn 200 miles is back this weekend. It's Friday, Saturday, Sunday only. I really want to try what you did Mort it but I'm nervous for some reason. Just thought I would let everyone know it's back.

I just saw that too! I'm going to try it. Worst that can happen is that you only gets your points once!

I'm in too!!!! I'll probably go twice, maybe even 2 different stores :rolleyes1

DD and I were discussing our March trip over lunch today and how could we cut costs to help with the exchange rate. I could do this gift card thing enough to cover at least one park ticket.

Ok I think the part that makes me nervous is getting the stink eye from the cashier. I'd really like to do it about 10 times. And I don't mind going to 2 different stores to do that as there are a few near me. Do you just explain what you are trying to do or get back in line over and over again? I'm such a chicken lol.:rolleyes:

First don't worry about the stink eye, and second, the cashier at the two that I went to were the ones that told me many have been doing it and asked how many I wanted to do.
I am going to try for as many as they will let me, call me greedy.

I'm in too!!!! I'll probably go twice, maybe even 2 different stores :rolleyes1

DD and I were discussing our March trip over lunch today and how could we cut costs to help with the exchange rate. I could do this gift card thing enough to cover at least one park ticket.

You could do it enough to get all your tickets,,hehe

Alright.. I'm in too. I'll report back on my results. I will try tomorrow.

Ah... but a catch.. the fine print (at the bottom of page A11) states..

"Excludes purchases of other gift cards...."

Seems like the loophole is closed on this one.

Last edited:
Alright.. I'm in too. I'll report back on my results. I will try tomorrow.

Ah... but a catch.. the fine print (at the bottom of page A11) states..

"Excludes purchases of other gift cards...."

Seems like the loophole is closed on this one.

I think that is just the disclaimer that you don't get any air miles points when you buy other vendor's gift cards, tobacco, lottery, alcohol, prescriptions and everything else it said there. I don't think that is referring to the 200 AM deal.

Last edited:
I think that is just the disclaimer that you don't get any air miles points when you buy other vendor's gift cards, tobacco, lottery, alcohol, prescriptions and everything else it said there. I don't think that is referring to the 200 AM deal.

Thanks, I think you are right. It seems to read that way. My husband felt it would be fine too. In fact he's going to try it first so we shall see.

Yes that is correct, it was the same last time too. It does not say anything about how you pay for your gift card purchase, that is the loop hole. Good luck everyone

I was going to go before work this morning but we are having a heavy downpour .....sorry not getting wet for you guys. I'll go after work.

I'm feeling rather diabolical....I'm going to do 5 today, 5 tomorrow and 5 on Sunday. That will get me a 3 day park pass for March break. Mwahaha!

My husband tried at two Sobeys and was told at both that you can not buy a gift card with a gift card. No dice. He was told the policy is on the website. So it seems to be a no go for us.

My husband tried at two Sobeys and was told at both that you can not buy a gift card with a gift card. No dice. He was told the policy is on the website. So it seems to be a no go for us.

Well at least you still got your 200 points. I shop at Sobey's anyways, so even if I just buy a couple of gift cards, I'm going to use them anyways.

I'll report back later this afternoon as to my experiences in the GTA.

I see nothing on their website about buying gift cards with gift cards ... http://www.compliments.ca/en/giftcards.aspx

Ok so I will update you on what happened to me today. They have come out with a verbal policy about buying a Sobeys GC with a Sobeys GC. They have nothing in writing, but no sense arguing with them, they dont have to sell you anything. So I asked can I buy any other GC with the Sobeys card, they said yes, I asked can I buy a Prepaid Visa, and they said yes. So Yes it cost 5.95 per prepaid Visa, what I did today was buy a Visa, then turned around and bought a Sobeys card with that visa, and so on. It is a bit confusing I know, but was able to do it 10 times. Out of pocket was $60, but that got me 2000 points, and I still have a $150 GC. So for approx $90 you can have a 5 day park pass.
Up to you if you think it is a hassell or want to try, but this works for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter