Things not going well with the DDP changes

How sad:sad2: . I just can't understand that even though you are angry about something, that people will yell and hollar. I would just quietly take it up with a manager, not take it out on the poor waitstaff:sad2: Now, I have to admit, that central reservations never told me anything about it either, but since I spend so much time on the Dis boards, I knew from the start. I'll bet the unexpected tip is cutting into peoples budget that wasn't planned for right now:rolleyes:

I know its wrong but I am kind of glad.
I am most of all sorry for the servers.
They will get the beating on this (but just like me
when my company bosses pull a dumb move like this)

I would have been glad to have the price raise and then i
could decide if it was worth it or not.

but dont tell me the food is losing money at Disney World.

the only reason the DDP figures out to be a bargain is if you
know you will be eating like a pig the whole time you are on vacation.
There is no way i would eat 3 desserts a day.
We would never have oredered appetizers anyway.
all these things was a kicker than does not cost much more for Disney
and makes it more enticing for me to spend all my money in the park.

fight the power!!!

have this fixed up by november 2008 please,
or i might have to start brown bagging it.
believe me I can and will.

I haven't experienced the dining plan yet, so when I go to WDW later this month, I won't be able to commiserate, but maybe what should be implemented is that when you check in to your resort, you should be told about what is included and NOT included in the DDP, and made to sign a waiver. Maybe that would let people "opt out" if they were truly unaware of the changes, and very upset about it. Tthen the restaurant servers would not have to bear the brunt of the anger.

?? Maybe this is an idealistic approach...what does anyone else think?

I've been waiting for "it" to hit the fan. The servers kept saying "they" didn't want the changes. Evidently, it was their managers that came up with this brain child. The restaurant side was losing lots of money? No surprise to me. Now, all of a sudden they change the plan in mid-stream and most people had no idea the plan they booked had changed so drastically. I called about the DDP more than once and was not told of the changes. I found out from this board. Did they really think people were going to take this lying down?

I feel sorry for the servers as well, they really need their tips especially when the economy is so bad.
I do wish they would just raise the price or have something inbetween the plain dining plan and the deluxe dining plan. There is no way I could eat 3 meals a day and I loved the idea of just signing a check and walking out. If I felt I wanted to leave more for the server, I would, in cash, on the table because that makes it easier for me.
I would be willing to pay 10.00 more per day per person if the tips were included AND they did not cut snacks so severely.

My 2 cents!

Kelley

The real money maker are the thousands of DDP credits that are not used and expire. Cast Members report that Guests get so tired of eating that they have used a table service credit just to buy a soft drink. A couple of weeks ago when we were at WDW a family was filling a basket at the resort store with potato chips in a effort to use up over 30 snack credits. The DDP has its benefits but when you spend the whole day eating and rushing to get to your next ADR, that's time not spent in the parks. I can eat at home.

I feel sorry for the servers as well, they really need their tips especially when the economy is so bad.
I do wish they would just raise the price or have something inbetween the plain dining plan and the deluxe dining plan. There is no way I could eat 3 meals a day and I loved the idea of just signing a check and walking out. If I felt I wanted to leave more for the server, I would, in cash, on the table because that makes it easier for me.
I would be willing to pay 10.00 more per day per person if the tips were included AND they did not cut snacks so severely.

My 2 cents!

Kelley

I am really torn on this one. I don't have much sympathy for the servers. The managers had to have some kind of feedback from their employees before they came up with such a brilliant plan. I think they have brought this on themselves.

but thats exactly the point, there is no way they are "losing" money on this,
you have people eating every meal in park, that is marketing genius.
so you threw in a free dessert at each meal, food is cheap,
disney is just trying to pass on the only thing that really cost them on this
deal and that was covering the grats.
I hope this blunder costs them a lot, and they reverse it. (cuz i love it,
and i enjoyed the idea that i knew the wait staff was getting a nice tip.
(i like the previous poster found it easier to supplement really good experience with extra $)
otherwise, they will see how much money they lose when people don't take part in the DDP, and watch the dollars as they eat.
a lot of appetizers and desserts will go un-eaten,

There is absolutely no way that they are losing money on the DDP at WDW. On our first trip with the DDP, we had sick kids and we left without have 2 days of credits never even being used. And this time we still left with 4 CS credits unused. I used up the Snack credits on bringing home snacks for the DDs teachers. I had a feeling that this was going to come up as a problem.

I just don't like the idea of having to carry around extra cash or a credit card to come up with a gratuity.

I want the old plan back, but if they must make changes, get rid of the appetizer or scale them back and scale back some of the desserts, but bring back the gratuity.

but thats exactly the point, there is no way they are "losing" money on this,
you have people eating every meal in park, that is marketing genius.
so you threw in a free dessert at each meal, food is cheap,
disney is just trying to pass on the only thing that really cost them on this
deal and that was covering the grats.
I hope this blunder costs them a lot, and they reverse it. (cuz i love it,
and i enjoyed the idea that i knew the wait staff was getting a nice tip.
(i like the previous poster found it easier to supplement really good experience with extra $)
otherwise, they will see how much money they lose when people don't take part in the DDP, and watch the dollars as they eat.
a lot of appetizers and desserts will go un-eaten,

You hit it on the head. The gratuity was paid on the original check amount. This is what made it a losing proposition.

I am a small person... 5'2" and 115lbs. I have NO PROBLEM using my credits. I don't see it being too much food.

Give me a break. These idiots purchased the DDP without knowing all the details?

Talk about a bunch of entitled jerks.

Give me a break. These idiots purchased the DDP without knowing all the details?

Talk about a bunch of entitled jerks.

The plan changed with no warning for most. We found out about it on this board about 2 or 3 months ago.

The plan changed with no warning for most. We found out about it on this board about 2 or 3 months ago.

Are you saying that when they added dining to their Magic Your Way package they were told that it included appetizer and gratuities, and then it was changed after they purchased it without any notification?

The DDP kept my family and friends in the parks for our last four visits! This year, we're looking at going to Orlando in July but we'll be visiting Sea World and Universal because we won't be participating in the DDP. The changes do not make it worth it for my family. I guess I was spoiled with the old plan. I would NEVER take it out on my server but I'm sure that many will:crazy2: I'd love for the old plan to come back. Even if they included gratuity and gave the choice of appetizer or dessert. I don't eat sweets so I lost gratuity, appetizer, and dessert on the new plan...so sad:(

I wish tip were included so the servers wouldnt lose out, Ill bet this weeks tips were horrible:scared1:

Are you saying that when they added dining to their Magic Your Way package they were told that it included appetizer and gratuities, and then it was changed after they purchased it without any notification?I know that when I bought my package in early fall, no mention was made of any changes to the plan. the only info on Disney site was 2007 so I did believe that this was the plan I was buying. I did receive warning through Disboard and am sure I would have found out when I got my package info, however I only received this last week for a trip the end of January.

There is no excuse for people to act like this to servers, but to call people "entitled jerks" for not being told of the changes is not fair. they are only jerks for acting ugly to CM's, not for being unhappy about the plan change.

Are you saying that when they added dining to their Magic Your Way package they were told that it included appetizer and gratuities, and then it was changed after they purchased it without any notification?I know that when I bought my package in early fall, no mention was made of any changes to the plan. the only info on Disney site was 2007 so I did believe that this was the plan I was buying. I did receive warning through Disboard and am sure I would have found out when I got my package info, however I only received this last week for a trip the end of January.

There is no excuse for people to act like this to servers, but to call people "entitled jerks" for not being told of the changes is not fair. they are only jerks for acting ugly to CM's, not for being unhappy about the plan change.

i would pay $10 more for adult and $5 more for a child if it included gratuity dessert meal on TS and CS and the one snack (even with the single serve thing).
I hate the idea of having to carry the extra money to tip, i signed up for the plan thinking i wouldnt have to deal with cash.
My plan now is since i am doing all buffet meals and pre plated meals ( which are a set price) I will carry a standard tip per TS and thats what my servers will get. I just refuse to charge a tip to my room or mess around figureing the tip out at the table digging out cash etc etc.

Are you saying that when they added dining to their Magic Your Way package they were told that it included appetizer and gratuities, and then it was changed after they purchased it without any notification?

That is correct. Last time I looked, a few days ago, Disney's own website still listed gratuities as included on their FAQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter