The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread part2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going in late August and trying to decide if we should spend the extra $120 to go from a 1br to a 2br. We have a 6yo and 9month old. The 6yo is excited to sleep on the pull out couch--a little extra work to do each evening and morning but doable. The baby would be in the pack and play in our room either way. A little more room would always be nice but a 1br is still more spacious than 1 room at a regular hotel. I'm leaning towards putting the extra money into something else(like staying over on the trip down) but thought I'd throw it out there and see if I've missed any good reasons to go for the 2br.
Loved the a/c info!!!
Last year we did not have a vacuum, did have a broom but when I returned and was on disboards, others said they did have a vacuum. I will call to see if we can get one if one is not there this time as we really could have used it--the housekeeping prior to our arrival was just ok. This did not surprise me in the least, my last several trips to Disney also left me unimpressed with mousekeeping. If I have the proper tools I don't mind bringing it up to my standards, lol!
Can't wait to go back!

We just returned from a week long stay at WBC.

We requested building 6 with a water view...we got bldg 4 on the 1st floor parking lot side. That was kind of a bummer but oh well. Our patio had tons of foliage so you couldn't actually see the parking lot. We had no cell phone service in our unit at all. I assume it was because we were on the bottom floor of a tall building. We had to go out on the patio to make calls which really sucked...it was so hot outside!
We were able to check in around 2:30 PM so I was happy about that. the "parking pass" desk was fine. I looked like hell as we had been at the MK all morning and it was HOT..like walking on the surface of the sun HOT. My face was red and my hair was a mess. I was exhausted and he could tell. I circled the lowest income bracket on the page and the guy had no interest in me at all LOL.

Our room was very clean and very nice. The air kept the room absolutely frigid and I loved it!

We brought a wirleless router and it worked fine. We had to unplug the phone to get it to work which was fine with me. So, of course, we never rcv'd any calls :banana:

The pools were nice. We swam at our pool T4, the lazy river at T5 and the pirate pool at T6. I think the T6 pool is a salt water pool and my son did not like the salt water so we only went there once. There were about 75% empty chairs but they all had towels on them. Kind of annoying but we worked around it...sharing chairs and just staying in the pool etc. We didn't see any drunken behavior at the pool BUT my husband did have a problem in the parking garage with drunken people. Here is the story:
My DH was trying to pull into a parking space in the garage, the car in the next space had its door open and a guy was inside. So my DH was waiting for him to close it and it wasn't happening so he honked...no response. DH went up to the car and the guy was passed out in the passenger seat. There was vomit all over him...the car, the parking lot around him. There were beer cans and bottles around as well. We called security and they did show up in a few minutes. The guy finally woke up and said he was waiting for his girlfriend to check out. Security just left him there. He eventually left but the garage was a mess and it was not cleaned up for days. There were tire tracks of vomit all over that spot. It was gross. The beer cans stayed for a few days also.

So that was my biggest disappointment. I am glad that my son and I weren't in the car when that happened. But we did see the remnants of the mess a few times in the garage. I feel like security should have done more. I sure hope the girlfriend wasn't in the same shape he was in. They should have cleaned it up sooner. We did call the front desk but no action was taken.

I really liked WBC and would stay again with larger group to save money. But we did miss being at a disney resort. There were lots of families at WBC BUT there was also a bit of a party atmosphere too.

Has anyone ever used Ebay to purchase their stay? I am looking at an no reserve auction for 259.00 for 2 bedroom stay for a week. The seller has 100% positive feedback... I am very leary because of price and it being ebay.. Suggestions? I would love to get a week for 259.00..

yes it is but typically some are able to get their room before that. There were many who didnt get theirs at 4pm. Some seem to get theirs well after 4pm. If many owners werent complaining about issues I would think the late checkins were not common..but they were complaining

Isn't check-in time 4 p.m.?

I'm debating if a grocery order is really necessary. Does anyone know if the small market on property carries bread, milk, eggs and soda?

I'm debating if a grocery order is really necessary. Does anyone know if the small market on property carries bread, milk, eggs and soda?
Yes, they do. You will be quite limited though as they have very limited selection. In the main building there is some food for sale in the gift shop. There is also a very limited selection of granola bars, cereal cups, etc in the "deli" counter towards the pool. The prices in both of these locations will be more than the graden grocer prices.

There are also 2 other food options: one being a pizza place inside the bar by the pool at Tower 3, and another burger type cafe in the bar at the pool at Tower 4-5.

I was really glad I did my garden grocer delivery though. We had a case of waters, & Propels, which we would freeze each night and take to the parks. Plus we almost used a whole bottle of laundry soap-we did a lot of laundry!

I'm going to use my friend's time share and we're going to book either a 3 or 4 bdrm b/c it's the same price regardless if you get a 1 or 4 bdrm deluxe, so my question is, do they only have 3 or 4 bdrms in tower 6? (or is it tower 5?) Which tower would be the best for fireworks view?

I'm going to use my friend's time share and we're going to book either a 3 or 4 bdrm b/c it's the same price regardless if you get a 1 or 4 bdrm deluxe, so my question is, do they only have 3 or 4 bdrms in tower 6? (or is it tower 5?) Which tower would be the best for fireworks view?

I'm assuming that by same price it's because you are going to do an RCI exchange.

I have never seen a 4BR in RCI (all 4BR are presidentials - no deluxes). 3BR are a very rare sighting.

If going during a slow time you may be able to get a 3BR, but I think you better start thinking 2BR if this is an exchange.

yes it is but typically some are able to get their room before that. There were many who didnt get theirs at 4pm. Some seem to get theirs well after 4pm. If many owners werent complaining about issues I would think the late checkins were not common..but they were complaining

I haven't stayed in any other Wyndhams, But i honestly wouldn't be surprised if some of the issue could be the fact that this particular resort is extremely popular with renters who aren't familiar with the timeshare concept.

Specifically, Because a lot of people are able to rent there so inexpensively, and it's extremely good location, You end up with a lot of people who could end up leaving a much larger mess than at a lot of other timeshare resorts. (This may also be why Wyndham no longer requires you run the dishwasher and Laundry, or take out the trash before checking out.... too many people who didn't understand timeshare rental procedures).

Factor in the size of the resort, and that most check-ins and check-outs over the weekend, it would make sense if occasionally it takes them longer to cycle all the rooms than "normal".

As someone else mentioned, it does, but it's not the most economical or give you the best selection. I think the Hess stations on property actually may have a larger selection.

I believe people are more apt to complain than compliment, so I was actually super surprised to see all of the rave reviews for WBC. A few negative ones doesn't bother me at all. We booked through Farrell and are scheduled for a 2 bedroom presidential in December. Anyone know the difference between presidential and presidential reserve?

I believe people are more apt to complain than compliment, so I was actually super surprised to see all of the rave reviews for WBC. A few negative ones doesn't bother me at all. We booked through Farrell and are scheduled for a 2 bedroom presidential in December. Anyone know the difference between presidential and presidential reserve?

Easy answer? About $400,000+

Wyndham's Presidential Reserve program is available for those who purchase over 1,000,000 points...which I believe must all be at developer costs. The major 'perk' of the program is that you are deeded as a presidential reserve member instead of just regular Wyndham points. At select presidential Reserve resorts, there is a number of Presidential type units which are set aside and can be rented by Presidential Reserve Members. They aren't available to the general public (aka...regular owners) until sometime like 15-30days before the checkin date. In theory, this would allow a PR owner a lot more flexibility in getting the unit they desire at the last minute at more popular resorts.

I think there may also be a few resorts that have exclusively Presidential Reserve units.

The room itself? no difference at all.

We just got back from a completely magical stay here. Even my Dh, who is a die hard stay on site type, said he cannot imagine staying anywhere else.

We had a newly remodeled 2 bedroom deluxe unit in Tower 1. We got there at about 1:00 on Sunday June 19th and tried to check in right away. They were able to check us in and give us our keys as long as we didn't mind not having the requested fireworks view. We opted for the easrly check in.

Everything about the place was wonderful. Our teens loved the activities!! Oury 9 year old loved the spray ground and lazy rivers. And we all loved the sundaes. DH was even able to teach the 9 year old chess on the huge chess board.

We rented through Ken Price and he was even able to get us a lower price. :)We never used the shuttle service, it was easier just to drive to the parks so we could take breaks when we were ready.

I'm assuming that by same price it's because you are going to do an RCI exchange.

I have never seen a 4BR in RCI (all 4BR are presidentials - no deluxes). 3BR are a very rare sighting.

If going during a slow time you may be able to get a 3BR, but I think you better start thinking 2BR if this is an exchange.

Thanks! Yes it's an exchange, she said she has a 32 trading power or something...I don't really understand it, but anyways she looked it up and plugged in for the first week of Dec this year and found some 3 and 4 bdrms, so hopefully when we're able to look for 2012 there will be those available.

Hi. Well, with the increase of RCI TPU points to get into DVC, it looks like we'll probably end up at Bonnet Creek for our next Disney vacation (October 2013).

We actually own Wyndham points, but it's for every other years...the even years. :guilty: So we'll probably trade into BC.

However we have stayed in several Wyndham resorts (Williamsburg and Fairfield Glade). Our home resort is Smokey Mountain. We've had great stays every time, and the rooms themselves were fantastic. However, how do the rooms at BC compare to those rooms?

Well the people we spoke with were owners so I think they know..and we know too having stayed in and owned many timeshares. You dont understand that people were definitely having to wait until well after 4pm for rooms and we were told this is very typical for wyndham in general but especially here. I am not trying to say this is a bad place because it isnt, its very nice but they need to get their act together as far as cleaning rooms and having them available at a reasonable time

I haven't stayed in any other Wyndhams, But i honestly wouldn't be surprised if some of the issue could be the fact that this particular resort is extremely popular with renters who aren't familiar with the timeshare concept.

Specifically, Because a lot of people are able to rent there so inexpensively, and it's extremely good location, You end up with a lot of people who could end up leaving a much larger mess than at a lot of other timeshare resorts. (This may also be why Wyndham no longer requires you run the dishwasher and Laundry, or take out the trash before checking out.... too many people who didn't understand timeshare rental procedures).

Factor in the size of the resort, and that most check-ins and check-outs over the weekend, it would make sense if occasionally it takes them longer to cycle all the rooms than "normal".

As someone else mentioned, it does, but it's not the most economical or give you the best selection. I think the Hess stations on property actually may have a larger selection.

We just reserved 9 nights and were wondering about cleaning. Will we have anything at all over that period? Something like Disney's trash and tidy or a full cleaning because of the two reservations that are made. They broke the reservation into two one for 4 nights and one for 5 nights. Will we get a cleaning after the 4th night? Also what is the fee for a 2br cleaning if we wanted to add one?
Thanks, Donna

Well the people we spoke with were owners so I think they know..and we know too having stayed in and owned many timeshares. You dont understand that people were definitely having to wait until well after 4pm for rooms and we were told this is very typical for wyndham in general but especially here. I am not trying to say this is a bad place because it isnt, its very nice but they need to get their act together as far as cleaning rooms and having them available at a reasonable time

Oh... I wasn't stating that the complaints weren't valid, or that they were coming from just non-owners.

What I was getting at is that due to the type of guests that this particular timeshare resort attracts combined with it's size, it's likely to have a much more varied room turn time than you might see at a more typical timeshare resort... or even a hotel... which would ultimately impact their ability to efficiently plan staffing.

With a Hotel, you have daily housekeeping, so you are able to keep on top of a messy guest allowing you to keep your overall clean time down. (ounce of prevention...)

With a "typical" timeshare, A guest is usually required to perform certain cleaning duties before vacating the unit, which ultimately helps stabilize and create more of a baseline you can use for an average room turn time when planning your staffing levels.

With this particular resort, while they at one time had some guidelines on pre-checkout required cleaning, on my last visit this was no longer required or even mentioned/hinted at. my guess is that there was a large enough population of guests that didn't perform what was asked of them that the resort ultimately determined it was easier to just not make the request and adjust staffing accordingly.

Now you may have a average baseline for how long it takes to turn a room, but you are also going to have much greater spikes outside that average. You could walk into a room which had multiple small children who made a mess w/ parents who didn't try and keep things clean during the week (we are on vacation!)... or you could walk into a room that had multiple small children who the parents cleaned up after during the week leaving only a bit of clutter. Or you could go into a room that had adults who partied hard all week leaving quite a mess..... or a room that had adults who were extremely tidy and/or just used the place for crash-space.

In both sets of examples... you end up with one room that could take maybe 15min to turn (vacuum, make beds, etc), and one room that could take closer to 1hr to turn because it's requiring a bit more of a deep clean/scrubbing to make available for the next guest.

This could make it much more difficult.... especially on days when 1/3 of the resort may be turning over, to make efficient use of your housekeeping staff. One day having 1 housekeeper handle 2 floors could provide plenty of time to turn over every room in the window between checkout and the 4o'clock checkin. Another day it could take a single housekeeper that same window to clean 1/2 a floor.

My whole point is that we have heard horror stories where people get screwed with extremely late checkins because rooms aren't available. We've heard stories where the biggest delay in getting a room is the front desk process time with the crowds. and we've heard stories where everything moves smoothly and people actually even got their rooms early. Since we've heard the whole lineup, I'm willing the give the resort a bit of the benefit of the doubt that it isn't a major chronic issue. I'll definitely not feel like I need to take it out on the staff since I don't know if it's a problem caused by management intentionally not scheduling enough people for the day, the employees just not doing their job, or a day where they just ended up getting screwed by having an abnormally high percentage of rooms needing a deep clean.

(admittedly.... I'm also a very mellow person by nature and since I often either travel by myself or with a group of adult friends, I'm less likely to be frazzled from a long/stressful journey than some people might be. )

HELP!!!!:badpc:

Does anyone have a map that shows Bonnet Creek in relation to the DVC resorts?

Based on our situation, it's going to be super easy to get into BC and super hard to get into DVC using RCI. However, DH is still unconvinced. He thinks that anyplace out of Disney would result in us spending the entire day in the parks.

I'm trying to convince DH that BC is as close to the parks as most of the other DVC resorts.

As always, many thanks. And if you think this should be in the BC picture thread, let me know.

Oh, and a stupid question. Is it pronounced Bonnet as in Easter Bonnet or Bonnet as in a dog bone? And is the accent on the first or second syllable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter