The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread part2

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELP!!!!:badpc:

Does anyone have a map that shows Bonnet Creek in relation to the DVC resorts?

Based on our situation, it's going to be super easy to get into BC and super hard to get into DVC using RCI. However, DH is still unconvinced. He thinks that anyplace out of Disney would result in us spending the entire day in the parks.

I'm trying to convince DH that BC is as close to the parks as most of the other DVC resorts.

As always, many thanks. And if you think this should be in the BC picture thread, let me know.

Oh, and a stupid question. Is it pronounced Bonnet as in Easter Bonnet or Bonnet as in a dog bone? And is the accent on the first or second syllable?

No map for you but it is RIGHT next to Carribbean Beach Resort.

Pronounced like Easter Bonnet

HELP!!!!:badpc:

Does anyone have a map that shows Bonnet Creek in relation to the DVC resorts?

I'm trying to convince DH that BC is as close to the parks as most of the other DVC resorts.

While this isn't in relation to the other DVC resorts, have him peek at the google satellite view:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=disne...,-95.677068&sspn=48.287373,66.005859&t=h&z=15
BC is in the lower right corner about 1/4 the way up on the map. You can also see it in relation to HS and EP.

"As close tot he parks" is sort of relative depending on what park and what DVC your referring to. If its MK and BLT, well no, BLT is obviously closer, but if its BLT to HS, well Bonnet Creek wins that one. I think if proximity is his only priority you need to figure out where you'll spend your time and which DVC resort you can get and then compare to WBC's location.

For certain some parks are easier than others to take mid day breaks from. When we stayed off site (house 15 mins off property) when we went home it was for the day. When we stayed at the Poly and visited MK we absolutely took mid day breaks, but if we went to another resort we'd make a day of it and come "home" mid afternoon and relax (were not commando park folk). Occasionally we would hop the monorail over to MK for something silly (like cotton candy or a burger from Peco's Bill's :laughing: ) and head back to the resort, but without the monorail access we would never bother doing that and nor would we "miss" it.

For us the decision came down to space and value for the money, and being right on property (closer than many Disney resorts!) made WBC a no brainer.

While this isn't in relation to the other DVC resorts, have him peek at the google satellite view:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=disne...,-95.677068&sspn=48.287373,66.005859&t=h&z=15
BC is in the lower right corner about 1/4 the way up on the map. You can also see it in relation to HS and EP.

"As close tot he parks" is sort of relative depending on what park and what DVC your referring to. If its MK and BLT, well no, BLT is obviously closer, but if its BLT to HS, well Bonnet Creek wins that one. I think if proximity is his only priority you need to figure out where you'll spend your time and which DVC resort you can get and then compare to WBC's location.

For certain some parks are easier than others to take mid day breaks from. When we stayed off site (house 15 mins off property) when we went home it was for the day. When we stayed at the Poly and visited MK we absolutely took mid day breaks, but if we went to another resort we'd make a day of it and come "home" mid afternoon and relax (were not commando park folk). Occasionally we would hop the monorail over to MK for something silly (like cotton candy or a burger from Peco's Bill's :laughing: ) and head back to the resort, but without the monorail access we would never bother doing that and nor would we "miss" it.

For us the decision came down to space and value for the money, and being right on property (closer than many Disney resorts!) made WBC a no brainer.

Haven't stayed here yet, but looking at the satellite view, it is essentially "on property" in my opinion. You're basically across the street from Epcot. Yes I know it's World Showcase, and that's not the main parking lot, but it's very close.

It may not have a monorail, but I will still be taking my afternoon break at WBC and returning to a park in the early evening. Mainly Epcot!

Haven't stayed here yet, but looking at the satellite view, it is essentially "on property" in my opinion. You're basically across the street from Epcot. Yes I know it's World Showcase, and that's not the main parking lot, but it's very close.

It may not have a monorail, but I will still be taking my afternoon break at WBC and returning to a park in the early evening. Mainly Epcot!

That was my thought also. I really liked seeing that map! We are staying our first night at the POP then moving over to WBC for 7 days. Nice to know they are just down the street and a cab wont be to much.

We booked a 3 bd deluxe inside the 60 day window.There were no pres. available at the time. Is there a good way to ask when we checkin? Are they always complimentary?

Thanks. I actually pulled up Google satellite view using the BC address. This is much better.

Come to think about it, both times we've stayed on site, it was the Contemporary. A two minute monorail ride to the Magic Kingdom, and a ten minute ride to Epcot. And he stayed onsite once, as a child, at Fort Wilderness. Again, a short monorail or boat ride to the Magic Kingdom I'm wondering if he thinks onsite transportation just means monorails or boats at every resort? :rotfl2:

"Hey, honey, it's just a short three minute drive to Epcot. And from there, we can take the monorail to the Magic Kingdom." :laughing:

BTW, we've stayed at Orange Lake, the last two times we stayed offsite. Close. However, I understand wanting to stay closer.

Hate bumping when I have the last post, but.....

We saw the shuttle schedule in the picture thread. We could probably get by on BC transportation; however I'd still want the flexibility to drive. Our problem...there will be six of us. Four of us will be driving down in a car that seats four comfortably (five would be tight, six would be impossible, unless someone sits on a lap). Two will be flying in from Louisiana. So, we would need reliable park transportation. Due to the tight squeeze in the car, I also see eating most of our meals either in our rooms or at the park (I have no problem making a few off-site food runs).

My question...do the shuttles run that often during off season? My DH's main concern is not being able to get around. Every time we stayed at Disney, we parked the car and did not see it again until we left. And every time we stayed offsite, we either only needed one car, or the last time, we had two cars.

We know we can get reliable transporation onsite. We aren't convinced at BC.

LadyBeBop, I hope someone answers your question, and I'm glad you bumped... I am staying at WBC in two weeks, and I am very concerned about the shuttle schedule. Our party also has too many for one car, and it's expensive to rent a van. I don't want to have to rent a van, but I also want to know (before we go) that we'll have adequate shuttle transportation.

I'll post my shuttle schedule when I get down there. I keep hoping someone who is there now will take a photo and post theirs.

I will call WBC on Tuesday and ask if they can email or fax the current shuttle schedule... I called a couple of weeks ago, and they said it could change and that I should call back at a later date.

I forgot to bring home the shuttle schedule - were there June 19-26... But in the mornings they picked up starting about 8:05... every 20 minutes or so. There was a dead time in the afternoon, but they started back about 3:30 or 4?

The only thing that kept me from using the shuttle was it goes to 2 parks... the DHS/AK might not e so bad but the MK/Epcot... I think it went to MK first then Epcot. So the 2 nights we went to Epcot in the evening we just called a cab. Told them what time to pick us up right at our tower... right on time both times. One time we went to Boardwalk for $10, the other night right to the front of Epcot for $15. Leaving we caught a cab from Boardwalk, but we could have taken the shuttle home.

If I weren't so picky about arriving really early, I might have used the shuttle.

Kim

I'm debating if a grocery order is really necessary. Does anyone know if the small market on property carries bread, milk, eggs and soda?

They do have stuff - small portions- but the prices were outrageous. I would definitely do a grocery run. Everyone was wheeling their coolers around so et drinks too.

The grills were great. Lots of people were grilling!

Kim

Hi,

I am currently looking for a 3 bedroom from July 15 to July 23, does anyone know who I can contact to try to get a room here?

First time looking for a timeshare place so any help would be appreciated.

Also, does anyone know roughly what I would be paying?

Thanks.

We just rented from Ken Price. Got a 3 bedroom for $150 per nite. 5 nite rental all taxes and fees included.Early August. this is our first renting a time share. They have been very helpful with quick responses! We started looking about 6 weeks out. Hestitated and had to get 2 ressies to secure it. No big deal as we will not change units but they have fewer of these units. Ebay might be your best bet at this point. I have never used ebay. Good luck!

We've booked a 3BR Presidential with Utopia World Vacations (Paul) and he has been wonderful w/ answering questions and helping us along. We're still 6+ months out so if we were w/in the 60 day window may have gotten a better rate but were really happy with what we have (room assignment and all). Our unit is $150 per night x7 nights taxes/fees included.

http://www.utopiaworldvacations.com/home.php
We just made contact through the *contact us* page and let him know what we were looking for. He also sells on ebay, here's his feedback page:
http://myworld.ebay.ca/utopia_world

We stayed at WBC from June 20-24 and it was an incredible experience. Myself, DH, DD1, DD2, DS and my mom stayed in Tower 2 in a 2 bedroom suite. The children are 5, 4 and 6 months and the WBC staff accomodated us very well. They provided us with a Pack and Play for the baby and whenever we needed dishwasher powder, soap powder or trashbags they delivered it in a timely way. We took advantage of the amenties they offered including mini golf, crafting room, pool bar, la cantina and escodos pool bar. We did travel to MK on the third day of our stay and we used the shuttle service offered by WBC. It was excellent. We arrived ten minutes early for the first shuttle of the day and we made it to the park by 9 am. We stayed until 2pm and caught the 3pm shuttle back to WBC. We had lunch and naps and returened to MK at about 6:45 and caught the 11pm shuttle back to WBC. Bottom line, we will be returning to WBC in Summer '13! :lovestruc

I am arriving soon, but have not put my room request in...do I really have to call do you think, or is it enough to request when I get there :confused3 :confused3
I know it is a busy place, so I don't want to bug the staff :lovestrucbut have 2 room numbers all scoped out to request.................

I am arriving soon, but have not put my room request in...do I really have to call do you think, or is it enough to request when I get there :confused3 :confused3
I know it is a busy place, so I don't want to bug the staff :lovestrucbut have 2 room numbers all scoped out to request.................
It never hurts to call and put in a request, especially if its something you have your heart set on. I'm not sure how lucky you would get w/ specific room numbers though, so in addition to that I may put in the notes what it is you like about those rooms. Is it the view, specific building, specific floor etc. That way if they don't have those rooms that have something more to go on that you would be equally happy with.

We stayed at WBC from June 20-24 and it was an incredible experience. Myself, DH, DD1, DD2, DS and my mom stayed in Tower 2 in a 2 bedroom suite. The children are 5, 4 and 6 months and the WBC staff accomodated us very well. They provided us with a Pack and Play for the baby and whenever we needed dishwasher powder, soap powder or trashbags they delivered it in a timely way. We took advantage of the amenties they offered including mini golf, crafting room, pool bar, la cantina and escodos pool bar. We did travel to MK on the third day of our stay and we used the shuttle service offered by WBC. It was excellent. We arrived ten minutes early for the first shuttle of the day and we made it to the park by 9 am. We stayed until 2pm and caught the 3pm shuttle back to WBC. We had lunch and naps and returened to MK at about 6:45 and caught the 11pm shuttle back to WBC. Bottom line, we will be returning to WBC in Summer '13! :lovestruc

Thank you for this post :) I've been somewhat concerned about the shuttle service but that seems perfect :)

Does anyone know if we'll be able to get two pack n plays for our room? We'll have two 1 year olds...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter