The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread part2

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELP!!!!:badpc:

Does anyone have a map that shows Bonnet Creek in relation to the DVC resorts?

Based on our situation, it's going to be super easy to get into BC and super hard to get into DVC using RCI. However, DH is still unconvinced. He thinks that anyplace out of Disney would result in us spending the entire day in the parks.

I'm trying to convince DH that BC is as close to the parks as most of the other DVC resorts.

As always, many thanks. And if you think this should be in the BC picture thread, let me know.

Oh, and a stupid question. Is it pronounced Bonnet as in Easter Bonnet or Bonnet as in a dog bone? And is the accent on the first or second syllable?

BC is actually closer to the parks then OKW & SSR. We drove to the parks and were able to get there in under 10 minutes.

It's pronounced Bonnet as in Easter Bonnet

As far as the groceries available on site it was extremely limited. You will need to go to the store or have Garden Grocery deliver your food.

Someone mentioned a pack N play in the master bedroom....it will not fit in the bedroom area. Maybe near the shower in the master bath, but definitely not near the bed. You could probably set one up in the dining room if you moved some furniture. You can get away with a 1 bedroom with two little ones easily.

What is the deposit and cancellation policy at this place? Thanks!

If you book direct it may be different than if you book through a owner or someone who manages "reselling" points for owners. Other than direct the deposit and cancellation will vary greatly, with variation from the same person depending on how fart out you booked and the time left until your potential arrival. Best thing to do is contact several resellers and get quotes and ask each their policy until you find a rate/policy you are comfortable with.

Thank you so much for posting this. I have stayed at BC two times before but always in 2 BR units. This trip we will be in a 1 BR and I was wondering how the Bathroom layout was. So nice to see you don't HAVE to go the the Bedroom to get to it. Thanks!!!

HELP!!!!:badpc:

Does anyone have a map that shows Bonnet Creek in relation to the DVC resorts?

Based on our situation, it's going to be super easy to get into BC and super hard to get into DVC using RCI. However, DH is still unconvinced. He thinks that anyplace out of Disney would result in us spending the entire day in the parks.

I'm trying to convince DH that BC is as close to the parks as most of the other DVC resorts.

As always, many thanks. And if you think this should be in the BC picture thread, let me know.

Oh, and a stupid question. Is it pronounced Bonnet as in Easter Bonnet or Bonnet as in a dog bone? And is the accent on the first or second syllable?

Check it out on google maps or google earth. Youll be able to see all of the DVC locations and bonnet creek and youll be able to see very easily how close bonnet is to everything, including main roads to HS, and EP.

We are considering a 4 bedroom presidential unit for the week before Thanksgiving, 2012 for 9 of us - 6 adults and 3 kids. I have a few questions. How far in advance should I look to book? How difficult are the 4 bedroom units to get? Who should I book with to get this unit? Does anyone have a ballpark number for how much this unit would cost for a Saturday-Saturday rental the week before Thanksgiving week next year? Is a rental car an absolute must or can you get away with using the shuttle service? No babies or strollers here and will not need to return for naps. We are undecided about staying onsite at Disney or giving Bonnet Creek a try. :)

We tried mid june to book a 4 bed. for Aug 8th. we were told none available and only deluxe in the 3 bed. - no presidential. Our 3 bed is $150 per night(5 night rental) all fees and taxes included. Have never stayed BC but am looking forward to all the space. Usually stay on site but really crowded or expensive with teens! Our 2 kids are taking friends so 4 teens and 2 adults...only way we thought we could stay sane:)

PS we rented from Ken Price....very nice and helpful!!!

Just returned from WBC for a 10 day stay and some quick thoughts:

-Not interested in the time share presentation? When filling out the form at the parking pass counter, just tell them you are not employed, don't make much money, etc. I did and I was the only one (we had two other families with us) that didn't get bothered by the sales staff. I know this is what worked because the salesperson went so far as to tell my brother in law that they were not extending the offer to me because I 'didn't qualify':laughing: The others were bothered quite a bit. My poor parents, they called their room, called their cell numbers and even stopped by the room!

-Shuttles are very timely, if not a little early even, so don't show up late! They are very crowded though, so we ended up skipping them once and opted for a cab and drove a couple of other times. If you have the patience to deal with a very crowded bus though, they'll work for you. On one occasion our bus driver had to turn away folks, but for the most part they know how to pack us in like sardines.

-It has great facilities, but we didn't really use them much. All we wanted to do was the parks, so we can't report on the activities at WBC but we did walk by an interesting reptile show right by tower 4 and heard the karoke from across the lake, so it seems like there are plenty of fun things to do.

-Do not try and call the front desk from your room. You may be on hold for a looooong time. Just dial from an outside line and I think it will go faster.

-There were a few glitches from their staff but all in all it was a good stay. Good, not great. If the staff was a little more on top of it, I would say great, but not quite.

We tried mid june to book a 4 bed. for Aug 8th. we were told none available and only deluxe in the 3 bed. - no presidential. Our 3 bed is $150 per night(5 night rental) all fees and taxes included. Have never stayed BC but am looking forward to all the space. Usually stay on site but really crowded or expensive with teens! Our 2 kids are taking friends so 4 teens and 2 adults...only way we thought we could stay sane:)

PS we rented from Ken Price....very nice and helpful!!!

We rented a deluxe 3-bedroom for $125/night all inclusive for 2 weeks. :thumbsup2

Someone mentioned a pack N play in the master bedroom....it will not fit in the bedroom area. Maybe near the shower in the master bath, but definitely not near the bed. You could probably set one up in the dining room if you moved some furniture. You can get away with a 1 bedroom with two little ones easily.

Excellent, thank you!!

Does anyone know if you're able to get two pack n plays for one unit? We'll have two 13 month olds and a 2 bedroom unit.

-Not interested in the time share presentation? When filling out the form at the parking pass counter, just tell them you are not employed, don't make much money, etc. I did and I was the only one (we had two other families with us) that didn't get bothered by the sales staff. I know this is what worked because the salesperson went so far as to tell my brother in law that they were not extending the offer to me because I 'didn't qualify':laughing: The others were bothered quite a bit. My poor parents, they called their room, called their cell numbers and even stopped by the room!

We did the same thing you did and never once were bothered. No phone calls, not even one time!! Worked like a charm!! ;)

We recently returned from our very first stay at WBC. We rented a 2 bedroom unit from Ken & Denise Price. Wonderful experience! We stayed 10 nights in Tower 4 - room 1278. We had requested a high floor and Epcot view. We got just that! We spend most of our days in the parks, so we did not get bothered by any timeshare pressure. We did notice we missed some phone calls...but we never checked the messages. Absolutely no problem for us at all. We were invited to a presentation when we checked in, but didn't go.

Our pros:
  1. "Onsite"...even if "offsite". Close to all the parks. We always rent a car, whether staying in a Disney hotel or not, so location is a definite plus.
  2. So comfortable and roomy! Certainly better than a simple hotel room. It was wonderful having 2 bedrooms and bathrooms to get ready in the mornings. Made for a much more comfortable stay.
  3. Plenty to do. Even though we typically spend most of our time at the parks, it's nice to have other choices for days we take a little slower. Plenty of pools and clubhouse activities are available. We did use the pools, but did not participate in any other activities.

Our cons:
  1. It's still not a Disney hotel. I'm sorry to say, but I 'somewhat' missed the privileges that come with staying in a Disney resort. We like the EMH, especially the mornings. And, it's is nice to be able to use the dining plan if you want to. The kitchen in the unit is superb...but I do not cook while on vacation. We only made use of the fridge for water and very little food - mostly snack items. In addition, I like the convenience of Disney transportation. I never looked into the WBC bus system, but I do like having the option to go back to the room easily if I tire before the rest of the family. Disney transportation makes that easy to do.
  2. The pools. Although wonderful to cool off on a super hot day, I found the pools to be on the small side...and not deep enough in a big enough area. There was a small area that was 5 ft...but with 4 or more people, we could really just bob up and down in the water. If you moved, you would hit the person next to you. There just wasn't enough space in the pools to actually swim. It was more of a 'cooling off' space, which served the purpose I guess.

With that said, we will be returning to WBC in August for a week and we're looking forward to it. :) We'll be taking our DD's best friend with us, so we'll need the extra bedroom, bathroom and privacy for the girls. WBC will certainly be our best choice for that trip. We'll be requesting the same type of room...we loved watching the fireworks from our private balcony...or from our comfy beds! :wizard:

Subscribing... We just cancelled our reservation at Hilton Bonnet Creek after deciding we will need more room. We are going to be there for 8 nights and I think WBC will be a much better choice for us. Just sent Ken Price an email today asking him to reserve the room for us. Can't wait to hear back from him as we are anxious to get these plans firmed up. :cool1: Thanks for all the great info on this thread!

Oh my gosh....I just bought airfare because it was super cheap and I'm going to surprise my ten year old daughter with a girls only trip!!!!!!
The problem....I have no reservations anywhere.

Last June we spent two weeks in a 4 Bedroom pool home at Windsor Hills but I love the look of Bonnet Creek. I got a quote for a 1 bedroom from Ken Price for 100 a night but does that seem high? I also got a quote from Farrel (sp) for a 1 Bedroom Presidential for 135 per night.

Thanks for all of the referrals from this thread. What do you think. We will arrive on Sunday, August 14th until Sunday August 21st.
Thanks and :goodvibes

Oh my gosh....I just bought airfare because it was super cheap and I'm going to surprise my ten year old daughter with a girls only trip!!!!!!
The problem....I have no reservations anywhere.

Last June we spent two weeks in a 4 Bedroom pool home at Windsor Hills but I love the look of Bonnet Creek. I got a quote for a 1 bedroom from Ken Price for 100 a night but does that seem high? I also got a quote from Farrel (sp) for a 1 Bedroom Presidential for 135 per night.

Thanks for all of the referrals from this thread. What do you think. We will arrive on Sunday, August 14th until Sunday August 21st.
Thanks and :goodvibes

I hope that's not high, because that's what we just paid;)

I don't think you'll regret that price for this place. Well worth it to us, considering we may at least 50% more for an onsite place with much less space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter