The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread part2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were able to get more laundry and dishwasher soap. We called housekeeping and they brought it to us, rather quickly I might add. We were short some towels too in one of our bathrooms and they quickly brought us more bath towels. Didn't ask for anything else, but I am sure you could get more shampoos and soaps too.

Good to know .... now I won't space in my luggage. :laughing:

I did some hunting online and found Laura Gohl through her business, Sun or Snow Vacation Rentals. Got a great deal for the exact time period we wanted! Very quick to respond to inquiries, and thorough from beginning to end. Of course, we leave for our vacay next week so I'll have a better scope of things then. Good luck~ sunorsnowvacationrentals.com

I have rented through her 3 times.....her rates are competitive. I usually make the request when I book and she enters it with the reservation. I also have called beforehand like a week out to confirm I was in the system and make my request. I got it 2 of 3 times....I know its JUST a request and not guaranteed. Enjoy your stay.

Late checkout?
We're going in mid Jan, and there's several families with late evening flight times. Is it possible to request late checkout? and how much may that cost? I'm mostly asking because there are a few young kids that need a nap time in the afternoon. As for me, I'd probably go to a park until we leave for the airport ;)

thanks.

Late checkout?
We're going in mid Jan, and there's several families with late evening flight times. Is it possible to request late checkout? and how much may that cost? I'm mostly asking because there are a few young kids that need a nap time in the afternoon. As for me, I'd probably go to a park until we leave for the airport ;)

thanks.

As this is a Timeshare resort and not a traditional hotel, Don't expect a Late Checkout to be an option. You can always ask, but don't be surprised if they turn you down due to the need to clean the room and make it ready for the next person.

If you are really needing the late checkout, and still want to stay at the Wyndham Bonnett Creek resort, Your 2 best options would be to either look at the Wyndham Grand hotel that is opening at the resort in October (traditional hotel, so it may be more forgiving), or look into adding an extra day to your reservation at the Time share resort so you don't need to check out until the next day. (it could still be less expensive overall than getting a regular hotel room for your entire trip)

ARGH! I just can't seem to pull the the trigger on staying off-site, BUT, our plan for next summer seems to lean toward an off-site scenario. I just need the "push" to book with Ken. We are planning to come down for around 8 days iin late August 2012 and do Discovery Cove & Aquatica (so that's 2 days). DD really wants to stay a night or two at the Nick Hotel and then I was thinking we might do 2 days touring Epcot (we've always just skipped or breezed through Epcot for some reason). I lean toward Bonnet Creek because of it's proximity to Epcot and the extra space, laundry, etc. for a longer stay, but I'm so scared I'll miss the Disney vibe and easy access to food options, DTD, splitting up if DH decides he needs a nap or doesn't want to open & close the park like DD and I tend to like to do.

How early would I need to book with Ken for an August trip?

What is his cancellation policy? I've searched and haven't been successful.

How often do shuttles run at Bonnet Creek? Do they have one for DTD? We're going to have a vehicle but there will be days when MIL and the kids are going to head back to the hotel early... thanks!

I was just coming to ask a shuttle question too. :)

In 2 weeks we have an ADR at Crystal Palace at 8:15 (park opens at 9) and I am wondering if we'll be able to shuttle that day or if we'll have to drive. The other people in our party won't be coming to MK that day and would like to have the van.

Here's a copy of what is on my rental agreement from Ken Price. He and his wife Denise are so easy to work with. I think you have up until 30 days before travel to change your mind or else they charge you $99 because they lost points in holding the spot for you. Ken did tell me that if my travel plans changed, he would adjust the dates at no charge as long as Wyndham didn't charge him.

BTW - You won't miss Disney properties at all!

Terms and Conditions
1. Owner agrees to provide the Wyndham Owner Confirmation Letter confirming that the reservation
for the lease period above has been made with Wyndham Vacation Resorts. Renter agrees to
review the Confirmation Letter for accuracy with regard to the arrival and departure dates, resort
location and unit size.
2. Approximately 30 days before the arrival date (or after receipt of deposit if requested by Renter),
Owner will transfer the reservation to the Renterand provide the Renter with the Wyndham Guest
Confirmation Letter in the Renter's name and address. Any subsequent change to the reservation
by the Renter will result in Owner passing along any new Wyndham guest confirmation fees.
3. Renter shall not sublet this Lease and further agrees to be among the occupants.
4. Renter agrees to abide by policies set by the resort management, refrain from loud noise and to
retum unit in rentable condition or pay costs of same. Renter is responsible for any damages.
5. Renter acknowledges that Owner will not be responsible for any injuries incurred while on property.
6. Renter agrees that no pets shall be allowed in vacation property.
7. Owner is not able to cancel this agreement without reimbursing Renter all monies received from
Renter. Should Renter cancel, Owner agrees to return all monies received (less $99 if reservation
has already been transferred to the Renter) .. However, Renter is not able to cancel this
agreement fewer than 20 days before the arrivaldate without forfeiting all monies paid. If any
payment is more than 5 days late, thEm Owner shall deem Renter to have cancelled.
8. This Lease shall be governed pursuant to the laws of the state of the property; and invalidation of
any portion of this Lease shall not invalidate the remainder.

How often do shuttles run at Bonnet Creek? Do they have one for DTD? We're going to have a vehicle but there will be days when MIL and the kids are going to head back to the hotel early... thanks!

There is a bus to DTD. The time varies, but drop off shuttles usually run every 30 minutes. The big thing to be aware of is that the pick up shuttles have a LARGE afternoon break. The first one is usually around noon and then they don't pick up again until around 3.

In 2 weeks we have an ADR at Crystal Palace at 8:15 (park opens at 9) and I am wondering if we'll be able to shuttle that day or if we'll have to drive. The other people in our party won't be coming to MK that day and would like to have the van.

You definitely won't make it to the park by 8:15. The earliest they leave is 8am and you still have to go through TTC before you get to the park.

(Sarah, now a BC expert after reading all of BOTH of the BC threads!):thumbsup2

I copied this from the old thread. The times change, but are usually pretty similar:

just returned on March 8th. I have a copy of the shuttle schedule in front of me. There are not shuttles listed for the water parks. I am not sure if there are any added during busy times/summer. The schedule is clearly marked as applying from March 1-March 16, 2010.

There is a shuttle for Downtown Disney. Departure times from the clubhouse are at 3:30 pm, 5:30 pm, 7:30 pm, 9:05 pm, and 11:45 pm. Return times from Downtown Disney are 5:40 pm, 7:40 pm, 9:15 pm and 12:00 am.

It appears there are two other shuttles, one that goes to MK and Epcot that leaves the club house on the hour and half hour starting at 8 am through 12:30 pm. Then there is a break and then there are shuttles also to MK and Epcot at 2:45 pm, 4:45 pm, 5:45 pm and 6:45 pm.

There are two last shuttles to MK ONLY at 7:45 p, and 8:45 pm.

The other shuttle departs the clubhouse on the quarter hour starting at 8:15 am through 12:15 pm and it goes to the Studios and Animal Kingdom.

Again there is an afternoon break in departures and then the shuttle resumes at 3:30 om, 5:30 pm, 6:30 pm, 7:30 pm.

Return times are many from MK, 12:15 pm, 3 pm, 5 pm, 6 pm, 7 pm, 7:30 pm, 8 pm, 8:30 pm, 9 pm, 9:30 pm,10 pm, 10:30 pm, 11 pm, 11:30 pm. All above were for March 1-6 and 8-12.

They added one additional return for March 7, and March 13-16 at 12:30 am.

Epcot return times are 3:15 pm, 5:15 pm, 6:15 pm, 7:15 pm, 7:45 pm, 8:15 pm, 8:45 pm, 9:15 pm, 9:45 pm. All above were from March 1-4, March 6-11, and March 13-16.

They added one additional return for March 5th and March 12th- 10:15 pm.

Animal Kingdon return times are 4 pm and 6 pm on March 1,2, 4-9, 11 and 12th, with additional returns at 7 pm and 8 pm on March 3, 10, 13, and 16th.

Studios return times are 4:15 pm. 6:15 pm, 7:15 pm, 8:15 pm, 9 pm on March 2-7, and 9-14th, with additional returns of 9:40 pm and 10:45 pm on March 1, 8, 15, and 16.

ARGH! I just can't seem to pull the the trigger on staying off-site, BUT, our plan for next summer seems to lean toward an off-site scenario. I just need the "push" to book with Ken. We are planning to come down for around 8 days iin late August 2012 and do Discovery Cove & Aquatica (so that's 2 days). DD really wants to stay a night or two at the Nick Hotel and then I was thinking we might do 2 days touring Epcot (we've always just skipped or breezed through Epcot for some reason). I lean toward Bonnet Creek because of it's proximity to Epcot and the extra space, laundry, etc. for a longer stay, but I'm so scared I'll miss the Disney vibe and easy access to food options, DTD, splitting up if DH decides he needs a nap or doesn't want to open & close the park like DD and I tend to like to do.

How early would I need to book with Ken for an August trip?

What is his cancellation policy? I've searched and haven't been successful.

If you want a 2bedroom unit, you still have plenty of time to book. if you are wanting anything beyond a standard 2 bedroom deluxe unit, the sooner you book, the better.

There are shuttles back to the resort, so if your DH decides he needs a nap, he can always go back to the resort via the shuttle. If he plans on coming back, there is no reason he can't take the car since the he'd be able to get back into the parking lot at the park by just showing the receipt from your paying that morning.

You likely won't miss the Disney Vibe at the resort. Considering most people don't spend a lot of time at the resort, and it does have a nice little thematic overlay and in the center of the Disney empire, you should be able to maintain your Disney vibe while at teh resort. It's not like the Disney rooms REALLY have a major vibe to them either. (It's not until you spend a lot of time at a Disney resort that the details start to come out).

As for the Food options, there is a new hotel opening at the site in the middle of october that is supposed to bring with it several new onsite food options, so even that concern may not be a big one anymore. (Even still, with a full kitchen, you can always get cereal/milk or simple munchies for breakfast and/or snacks in your room)

There is a shuttle for DTD currently. As for how often they run, It really depends on the time of year and several other factors. There is also some speculation that once the hotel opens at the resort that the Shuttle service may increase/become more frequent than it's current scheduled nature.

You would definitely want to drive. With your ADR being 45min before the park opens, and the fact the Shuttle would drop you off at the TTC, It would be highly unlikely that the shuttle would get you there in time for your ADR. You would likely want at LEAST 15min (to be safe) to get from the TTC to the MK.

Now, if the rest of your group wants the van that day, and there is another driver who won't be joining you at the MK, they could always drop you off. There is a pick up/drop off area at the TTC where they can drop you off and keep the van. For that matter, they might even be able to drop you off at the Contemporary so you can just walk over to the park instead of dealing with the monorail/ferry from the TTC to MK.

Thanks for everyone's help about the cleaning supplies. Now, with all the shuttle information about, I've got a shuttle question.

I know that the shuttles can't take EVCs or wheelchairs without contacting someone about 30 minutes prior to departure and letting them know you need a shuttle capable of loading one of those. What about walkers, however? Mine folds up to about the size of a collapsed stroller. Would I have to contact the shuttle people in advance, or would I be okay if I just collapsed it and got on a regular shuttle? I don't normally use the wheelchair lift on buses to begin with (my partner takes the walker from me, then helps me up the steps... we've got it down to a science in that it only takes a few seconds), so I'm wondering if we can skip having to make arrangements.

Thanks for everyone's help about the cleaning supplies. Now, with all the shuttle information about, I've got a shuttle question.

I know that the shuttles can't take EVCs or wheelchairs without contacting someone about 30 minutes prior to departure and letting them know you need a shuttle capable of loading one of those. What about walkers, however? Mine folds up to about the size of a collapsed stroller. Would I have to contact the shuttle people in advance, or would I be okay if I just collapsed it and got on a regular shuttle? I don't normally use the wheelchair lift on buses to begin with (my partner takes the walker from me, then helps me up the steps... we've got it down to a science in that it only takes a few seconds), so I'm wondering if we can skip having to make arrangements.

You should be fine. the Shuttles are typical public Transit style buses, so as long as you can climb the stairs, you should be good.

The wheelchair/ECV thing I think is more to just ensure that the bus has a working wheelchair lift.

Here's a copy of what is on my rental agreement from Ken Price. He and his wife Denise are so easy to work with. I think you have up until 30 days before travel to change your mind or else they charge you $99 because they lost points in holding the spot for you. Ken did tell me that if my travel plans changed, he would adjust the dates at no charge as long as Wyndham didn't charge him.

BTW - You won't miss Disney properties at all!

Thank you for that info. Very helpful.

If you want a 2bedroom unit, you still have plenty of time to book. if you are wanting anything beyond a standard 2 bedroom deluxe unit, the sooner you book, the better.

There are shuttles back to the resort, so if your DH decides he needs a nap, he can always go back to the resort via the shuttle. If he plans on coming back, there is no reason he can't take the car since the he'd be able to get back into the parking lot at the park by just showing the receipt from your paying that morning.

You likely won't miss the Disney Vibe at the resort. Considering most people don't spend a lot of time at the resort, and it does have a nice little thematic overlay and in the center of the Disney empire, you should be able to maintain your Disney vibe while at teh resort. It's not like the Disney rooms REALLY have a major vibe to them either. (It's not until you spend a lot of time at a Disney resort that the details start to come out).

As for the Food options, there is a new hotel opening at the site in the middle of october that is supposed to bring with it several new onsite food options, so even that concern may not be a big one anymore. (Even still, with a full kitchen, you can always get cereal/milk or simple munchies for breakfast and/or snacks in your room)

Thanks for your info. Very helpful as well. We are flying and renting a car, so I don't want to have to stock up a whole lot on food & supplies that I will end up tossing away at the end of the trip.

What do you mean by "beyond a a standard 2BR?". Am I missing something?

Thanks for your info. Very helpful as well. We are flying and renting a car, so I don't want to have to stock up a whole lot on food & supplies that I will end up tossing away at the end of the trip.

What do you mean by "beyond a a standard 2BR?". Am I missing something?

You may want to look into the Bonnett Creek Pay It Forward thread here. There are currently 2 bins at the resort which are being passed from family to family with various non-perishables. Wyndham also participates with a local food bank with collection points in each building where you can leave any non-perishable food items and they will donate it to the food bank rather than your having to waste it by tossing stuff you didn't use. Still... a small box of cereal and some Milk can usually be used up during the course of a week if you are a breakfast person.

The Wyndham Bonnett Creek has 7 different room types. This can be broken down into "Deluxe" units which are the standard room type, and "Presidential" units which have upgraded furnishings and features (Stainless kitchen appliances, hardwood floors, etc). The Majority of the resort is comprised of 2bdrm Deluxe units, so this room type has the most availability and is often easier to get last minute. There are also 1bdrm and 3bdrm Deluxe units available.

For Presidential units, there are 1bdrm, 2bdrm, and 3bdrm Presidential units located in Tower 6. There are also 4bdrm Presidential units available in every tower.

Because of the much smaller number of Presidential units and 1 and 3 bdrm Deluxe units, it can be harder to find availability in these size units at the last minute. During busier times of year they can book up pretty fast. Owners at the resort can book at 13months, with all other Wyndham owners being able to book at 10months.

You definitely won't make it to the park by 8:15. The earliest they leave is 8am and you still have to go through TTC before you get to the park.

You would definitely want to drive. With your ADR being 45min before the park opens, and the fact the Shuttle would drop you off at the TTC, It would be highly unlikely that the shuttle would get you there in time for your ADR. You would likely want at LEAST 15min (to be safe) to get from the TTC to the MK.

Now, if the rest of your group wants the van that day, and there is another driver who won't be joining you at the MK, they could always drop you off. There is a pick up/drop off area at the TTC where they can drop you off and keep the van. For that matter, they might even be able to drop you off at the Contemporary so you can just walk over to the park instead of dealing with the monorail/ferry from the TTC to MK.
Thank you both so much! Wow, so glad I asked!

So we either need to be dropped off (didn't know you could do that and not have to pay for parking) or take a cab, or get dropped off at Contemporary and walk. If we get dropped off at Contemporary, is it obvious how to get to the walkway or should I figure this out ahead of time?

And we also have ADR @9:15 at AK anohter day and I've been told we need to get inside right before rope drop. I was assuming that the shuttle would be fine for that one but now I'm not so sure. There will be 10 of us going so we'd need to pay for 2 cars to park and we'd rather save the $ is we can.

We are making our first trip to WDW in two weeks & staying @ Bonnet Creek. Can't wait - a little nervous, but excited too. Thanks for sharing all the good info here.

Just got back from bonnet creek and can't say enough good things! We had a great stay and would go back in a second. We had a 2 bedroom in Bldg 4, 10th Floor with a park view and it was perfect. We watched the fireworks every night with a fabulous view. The only snag was at check in. I had called a week or so before to request the fireworks view on a high floor and apparently those units were still being cleaned. We arrived about 3 p.m. but didn't get into the rooms till after 5 p.m. I didn't take the shuttle so can't say anything about that. The kids LOVED the splash park and the lazy rivers. We spent a whole day just hanging around the pools!

Just booked for a week in May through Armed Services Vacation Club. Two bedroom, sleeps eight. Anyone know what kind of unit that would be? Deluxe? Any particular building(s)? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter