The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread part2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just booked for a week in May through Armed Services Vacation Club. Two bedroom, sleeps eight. Anyone know what kind of unit that would be? Deluxe? Any particular building(s)? TIA

Odds are it'd be a 2bdrm Deluxe. as for the Building, 2bdrms are the majority of the resort so you could end up in any building.

Has anyone ever used www.knowbeforeugo.com to purchase their park tickets? They have the best prices that I've found and I just want to make sure they're legit...so far I'm seeing they are... just thought I'd ask. THANKS! :)

5 more sleeps to go!!! I'm sooo excited!!! Couple questions though...I'm sure these have all been answered somewhere in this thread, but lets face it - I skip around when reading... lol

anyway, we are driving 17 hours over a 2 day span to get to Orlando. Our plan is to arrive before noon on Sunday (THIS Sunday!!!:laughing:) We dont know whether to go on to the resort or to just go explore and spend some time at DTD...either way, the kids are gonna want out of the car. Is it worth it to get there early? Can we do any part of the check in process early?

Also, we are 2 families in 2 different cars. Can we get 2 parking passes? Is there a fee for the extra pass?

Third question - Everyone keeps talking about all the different towers and buildings...seems that most people want Tower 5, but is there really a big difference? I have no idea where our room will be (we have a 3 bdrm deluxe) and I dont really have a preference between lake view, fireworks, or pool, but then again I dont want to sit on my balcony and watch the garbage truck at the dumpster either...

Final question - My FIL is the timeshare owner, and he let us "use" it this year, free of charge. Does that mean we're just a guest? Are we renting? Do we own? My in-laws dont travel any more (not quite spring chickens, and they dont like leaving town) but since theyve had the timeshare so many years they are just keeping it and letting my dh and his sister alternate years of using it. This is our first time, and we really dont know how it works...can I tell the pushy people that we are owners and get them off my back? This is all new to me, lol.

Oh yeah - one more - is a sit-n-stand stroller too big for the shuttle?

Thanks! I'll make a full report when we return on Oct. 7!

5 more sleeps to go!!! I'm sooo excited!!! Couple questions though...I'm sure these have all been answered somewhere in this thread, but lets face it - I skip around when reading... lol

anyway, we are driving 17 hours over a 2 day span to get to Orlando. Our plan is to arrive before noon on Sunday (THIS Sunday!!!:laughing:) We dont know whether to go on to the resort or to just go explore and spend some time at DTD...either way, the kids are gonna want out of the car. Is it worth it to get there early? Can we do any part of the check in process early?

Also, we are 2 families in 2 different cars. Can we get 2 parking passes? Is there a fee for the extra pass?

Third question - Everyone keeps talking about all the different towers and buildings...seems that most people want Tower 5, but is there really a big difference? I have no idea where our room will be (we have a 3 bdrm deluxe) and I dont really have a preference between lake view, fireworks, or pool, but then again I dont want to sit on my balcony and watch the garbage truck at the dumpster either...

Final question - My FIL is the timeshare owner, and he let us "use" it this year, free of charge. Does that mean we're just a guest? Are we renting? Do we own? My in-laws dont travel any more (not quite spring chickens, and they dont like leaving town) but since theyve had the timeshare so many years they are just keeping it and letting my dh and his sister alternate years of using it. This is our first time, and we really dont know how it works...can I tell the pushy people that we are owners and get them off my back? This is all new to me, lol.

Oh yeah - one more - is a sit-n-stand stroller too big for the shuttle?

Thanks! I'll make a full report when we return on Oct. 7!

out of those choices... I'd say hit DTD. You can't check in until around 4 at the earliest. You can potentially hit the pools, but to be honest, after that drive I'd probably say DTD would be the better place to go since you can do some actual stretching while getting your first Disney fix of the trip.... plus you'd have several options for lunch available.

you can get multiple parking passes without any problems. just let them know you need a couple of them. You should not have to worry about any extra fees for the extra pass.

With a 3bdrm I wouldn't worry about getting stuck looking at the dumpster. from my understanding usually 3bdrm units are usually located at the end of the hall. Other than personal preferences, there really isn't a whole lot of difference between the towers. When you check in, you might be able to ask if there are a couple options on your room, and they may have 2 or 3 you could choose from.

Since your FIL is the owner, Technically you would be a guest. As Far as Wyndham is concerned, there isn't much of a difference between you and someone who rented from one of the places recommended here. As for saying you are owners and getting the sales people off your back..... Honestly... it doesn't help. The Sales people are just as pushy with owners trying to convince them to buy more points as they are with guests or people brought in off the street. Your best bet is to either play the "My spouse isn't here" trick since they would want both partners to attend the meeting (since if you buy, you'd both need to sign the paperwork).... or just circle the lowest income bracket so that you won't qualify to buy anyways so they don't bug you.

Just booked for a week in May through Armed Services Vacation Club. Two bedroom, sleeps eight. Anyone know what kind of unit that would be? Deluxe? Any particular building(s)? TIA

Wish I would've known about this a week ago! ;) DH works for the government and this would've saved us $170 off our already great price! We are trying to get BIL and SIL to come, so maybe this will be an incentive. Even with taxes, it's only $57/night!

We stayed in a Presidential unit in Tower 6 and were renting so I don't know if that makes a difference but...

We too drove in from a long trip. We got to the resort at 1:30, checked in and gave them our number to call when the room was ready, got the parking pass thing out of the way and headed to DTD. We were surprised to get a call shortly before 3 that our room was ready.

It was nice to come back to the resort and have everything done already, they just handed us our key and we were off. :)

Thanks for answering so quickly! I think we will attempt to do an early check-in and hopefully be able to give them a phone number so we can go on to DTD. Thanks so much!

About to book, but quick questions:
1. We are renting a one bedroom. Is the living room large enough for an inflatable single mattress? Not sure how the teens would like sharing a sofabed.
2. Anyone check in around 2 in the morning? How did that work?
3. If I check in on a Friday and check out on a MOnday, do I have to do something on Saturday? Not sure if that makes sense.

Huh. Have no clue why th are yellow. Interesting.

I was looking through some pics someone had posted of a three bedroom unit (Building 5) on the first WBC thread and I didn't see any mirrors in the second and third bedrooms. I don't consider myself to be a vain person, :laughing: I just know when several people are getting ready in the morning, the more you can spread out, the better! Can anyone confirm one way or the other about this? THANKS! :goodvibes

My family decided to go back to WDW for either May or June 2012. We would be celebrating my 40th birthday a little late (January) and our 15 anniversary in May.

Even though I have never stayed at anything but Disney property, I just booked Bonnet Creek. :eek:

I had already resided to the fact that my family needed two rooms to be able to sleep comfortably. I'd priced two rooms at Pop, our favorite resort, which would be outrageous.

I did some research and found GETO. (Thanks DH for being a civil servant.) :worship::cheer2::woohoo:

WHAT!!!?? I could get a two bedroom condo with kitchen and great amenities for $56 a night? BTW, two rooms at Pop would be $2246......:scared1:
Lord knows I won't use the stove at all but will love the kitchen for breakfast needs and the washer/dryer too.

Wish me luck. :wizard:

My family decided to go back to WDW for either May or June 2012. We would be celebrating my 40th birthday a little late (January) and our 15 anniversary in May.

Even though I have never stayed at anything but Disney property, I just booked Bonnet Creek. :eek:

I had already resided to the fact that my family needed two rooms to be able to sleep comfortably. I'd priced two rooms at Pop, our favorite resort, which would be outrageous.

I did some research and found GETO. (Thanks DH for being a civil servant.) :worship::cheer2::woohoo:

WHAT!!!?? I could get a two bedroom condo with kitchen and great amenities for $56 a night? BTW, two rooms at Pop would be $2246......:scared1:
Lord knows I won't use the stove at all but will love the kitchen for breakfast needs and the washer/dryer too.

Wish me luck. :wizard:

I feel your pain. I keep waffling back & forth between BC, SSR and POFQ and just can't pull the trigger yet on BC. Off-site scares me, but we have the perfect opportunity to test it out because our trip next summer includes some non-Disney things too so we are renting a car regardless (we usually don't if we stay on-site)!

am staying here in a 3bedroom in just over a week.

any recommendations on which tower to ask for - view, etc...?

the people who will care the most are the kids ages 6-12.

thanks all.

thanks all.

I would pick tower 4, 5 or 6. 4 & 5 are basically the same and share the lazy river and pool by 4. The kids really like the lazy river.

As far as staying off site...WBC is technically on site. It's like saying that you wouldn't stay at the Dolphin or Swan which are right next door to the Beach Club & Boardwalk. You get the same feeling, but with much more room, nicer accommodations and not the BIG price tag. My uncle came to check out our two bedroom at WBC and he owns at SSR, he was so impressed at our villa in comparison to SSR.

? for everyone...THis is my first time coming up in NOv 12-17 for nights got a 2BD deluxe for $400 what a deal..Have never stayed on site..but kids wanted to..this is the next best thing it looks like anyway...without the big price tag. I would recommend Vacationstrategy.com..very nice people..got a great deal....NOw the ? just need to know what tower is best to see fireworks at nite..obviously want a higher floor...The kids want that..so at least I can make one of there wishes come true..since I couldnt afford to stay on site as they wanted.. Thanks for anyones input

thanks all.

shoot for tower 5 high up parking lot view. my kids liked tower 5 better...i made a big deal about having to have tower 4...LOL. but tower 4 does have the grills with the shuffleboard court right next to it....great for waiting for the burgers to be ready!

have fun!

? for everyone...THis is my first time coming up in NOv 12-17 for nights got a 2BD deluxe for $400 what a deal..Have never stayed on site..but kids wanted to..this is the next best thing it looks like anyway...without the big price tag. I would recommend Vacationstrategy.com..very nice people..got a great deal....NOw the ? just need to know what tower is best to see fireworks at nite..obviously want a higher floor...The kids want that..so at least I can make one of there wishes come true..since I couldnt afford to stay on site as they wanted.. Thanks for anyones input

building 4 high floors parking lot are best bet.

BUT in case you don't get a high floor...just go to floor 14 or 15 and look out the window if you want...we did that a couple times [when we weren't at parks watching the fireworks]. Better than nothing...and they were in their pjs. :thumbsup2

So we arrive in less than two weeks and I have a few questions...

Where do you check-in?
Our flight arrives at 9:30am, so I'm guessing we should be at WBC around 10:30am. Assuming we won't be able to check-in early, will they allow us to hang out by the pool etc. for the day?
If we don't want to hang out by the pool for the day, is there somewhere to store our luggage securely if we decide to visit a park instead?

Anyone stayed in the main building? Recommend it or not?

I could never find much info about the main building. It's only 7 floors and closest to activities [duh...LOL]. Supposedly parking lot views has great view of epcot and fireworks [little info i found on tugs board]. it has a splash area. supposedly it's a salt water pool.

I like the looks of 4,5,6 the best. we stayed in 4 and really enjoyed it...

enjoy!

trish

Just about to finish my order through Garden Grocer and have a quick question, do they have any dishwashing detergent in the hotel or should I go ahead and have that delivered with our order?

ETA: What other cleaning supplies should I have?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter