The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to share / vent about my nightmare of a booking experience so far. I've been reading through these Bonnet Creek posts since about April of last year and excitedly booked a 4 BR Presidential Suite through renting-resorts, a seller I came across on eBay.

My family and I are traveling tomorrow, but still, as I'm writing this, have no reservation in my name. I began contacting the seller roughly two weeks ago with my concern that I have no confirmation or reservation listed yet, and at first I was ignored completely. Finally about a week ago he had assured me the reservation was in my name. However, each time I call Bonnet creek (which has been multiple times a day now), they insist they have nothing for me. Each time I contact the seller, essentially begging for some sort of information or time table, he will simply reply it's in my name and to trust him. When I point out that I NEED some sort of confirmation or verification that we have a place to stay, my messages go ignored by him.

At this point I'm not sure what to do, I'm about to file a dispute with DepositGuard to try and force some sort of action. We're also scrambling around to look for a plan B so we have a place to stay for when we arrive. This has turned into a mighty stressful experience for us ;( I'm just wondering if anyone had anything close like this happen to them before?

I am so sorry this is happening to you. I looked on ebay and found great prices but was scared to go that route.

I ended up booking through Vacation Strategy. I am 3 weeks out and have not gotten a confirmation from them. Any of you who have booked through VS...when did you get a confirmation? Can I call Bonnet Creek to see if I have a reservation?

My family of three is going to Bonnet Creek the end of April. Can anyone let me know if myself, DW and DS (7) would be ok in a one bedroom presidential or if we would be much more comfortable in a two bedroom presidential. What does a two bedroom presidential have that a one bedroom presidential does not? Thanks in advance. I am off to search for answers to this through these threads as well. Edited after searching: Are all one bedroom presidential units all garage/dumpster views as I saw on youtube :confused3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0ZYQPRYB8Y Are all one bedroom presidential units in tower 6? Do one bedroom presidential units have a pullout couch?

Presidential units don't have pull out couches, they only sleep 6 plus a crib on a 2 bedroom you should go with a 2 bedroom deluxe if you want the pull out couch
I am booked in a 2 bedroom presidential for next April-May, I was told they are all in tower 6 and no one can sleep in the living room
I booked through Vacation Upgrades and got my confirmation numbers by email a week after I payed my deposit, I would be very concerned if I didn't have it close to the date

I am so sorry this is happening to you. I looked on ebay and found great prices but was scared to go that route.

I ended up booking through Vacation Strategy. I am 3 weeks out and have not gotten a confirmation from them. Any of you who have booked through VS...when did you get a confirmation? Can I call Bonnet Creek to see if I have a reservation?

We leave in 3 weeks too...from what I understand from the guy I am renting from (assuming he's telling me the truth) is that there is construction going on in building 5 and BC overbooked certain rooms (we are in a 4 br) and now is scrambling because they can't fulfill all the bookings due to the construction. I just now today got an email saying he was able to confirm our reservation and we should be in the clear. I plan to call BC tomorrow to confirm that though! I am very nervous!

Presidential units don't have pull out couches, they only sleep 6 plus a crib on a 2 bedroom you should go with a 2 bedroom deluxe if you want the pull out couch
I am booked in a 2 bedroom presidential for next April-May, I was told they are all in tower 6 and no one can sleep in the living room
I booked through Vacation Upgrades and got my confirmation numbers by email a week after I payed my deposit, I would be very concerned if I didn't have it close to the date

A two bedroom would have enough beds as its just the three of us. I was told by the people I am renting from the 1 bedroom presidential's have pullout couches. Maybe the 1 bedroom pres's are different from the two bedroom pres's? With him being only 7 a pull out couch would be more than sufficient and I would like to avoid the extra cost of the two bedrooms.

A 1 Bedroom Presidential has a pull out sofa, a 1 Bedroom Presidential Reserve does not. If you have a 1 Bedroom Presidential just be sure they know you don't want them to substitute you into the Reserve unit. I would call Bonnet Creek to be sure they notate that on your reservation.

A couple people have asked about calling Bonnet Creek to check on your reservation - you can always do that. Once an owner puts your name on a reservation - it takes a day or two for the Wyndham system to update the Bonnet Creek system. Once that's done, Bonnet Creek can look up your reservation in your name.

As someone who rents, I always call Bonnet Creek and make sure they show everything as expected, I then send the guest confirmation to my renter, and encourage them to call Bonnet Creek as well. If I was renting, I'd be calling.

A couple people have asked about calling Bonnet Creek to check on your reservation - you can always do that. Once an owner puts your name on a reservation - it takes a day or two for the Wyndham system to update the Bonnet Creek system. Once that's done, Bonnet Creek can look up your reservation in your name.

As someone who rents, I always call Bonnet Creek and make sure they show everything as expected, I then send the guest confirmation to my renter, and encourage them to call Bonnet Creek as well. If I was renting, I'd be calling.

I contacted VS and they sent me a confirmation. They said my confirmation is actually my first and last name which will be assigned 7 days before check in. I was told I could call BC then to confirm. VS has a great rating with the BBB so I am assuming all is ok. This is my first time renting from them. In the past I rented from a lady off VRBO. I used her several times with no problems. I had heard great things about VS and they were a little cheaper so I decided to try them this time around. I hope all is ok...getting a bit nervous.

So an update on my situation, after contacting deposit guard to try and force some action, the seller forwarded me the confirmation document from WBC. It turned out he had misspelled my last name to the point that it made it a completely different last name. I was incredibly relieved when I saw it actually. So after a few more hours of back and forth, i was successfully able to get him to change the name on the reservation and it looks like we're good to go now!

I saw his ebay reviews and that's why I initially felt fairly safe in booking. He does come through with the room, but he has little to no communication. And what little communication he does have is limited to a few words at a time. Ultimately it worked out but this would have all been avoided had he sent the confirmation letter before. I'm just glad everything finally worked out in the end!

So an update on my situation, after contacting deposit guard to try and force some action, the seller forwarded me the confirmation document from WBC. It turned out he had misspelled my last name to the point that it made it a completely different last name. I was incredibly relieved when I saw it actually. So after a few more hours of back and forth, i was successfully able to get him to change the name on the reservation and it looks like we're good to go now!

I saw his ebay reviews and that's why I initially felt fairly safe in booking. He does come through with the room, but he has little to no communication. And what little communication he does have is limited to a few words at a time. Ultimately it worked out but this would have all been avoided had he sent the confirmation letter before. I'm just glad everything finally worked out in the end!

Glad everything worked out for you. :scared1: Enjoy your trip!

Anyone know if there are high chairs available by request? We are renting a crib and wondering if we should add a high chair too.

Glad to hear everything worked out.

Hopefully, this renter learned a few things, that he needs to communicate better and to send confirmations sooner.

Enjoy your stay!

Anyone know if there are high chairs available by request? We are renting a crib and wondering if we should add a high chair too.

High chairs and play packs are available, no charge. First come, first serve (they won't reserve them ahead of time). But it's never been a problem for us to get what we needed (even with 3 babies at one time).

Glad to hear that this is working out for you. I would have been worried too! Now you can relax and think about other things :)

I just want to state how grateful I am for forums like these. After much research, we are booked to stay at WBC in early March 2015.:cool1: Now that we have airfare and accommodations the fun part of planning begins! :)

We arrived tonight for our first stay at Bonnet Creek. Wow, I'm impressed. We're in building 4, no fireworks view available, but we're high up and have a great view of pools and lazy river.
Our 2 br is beautiful, we were told this building was just renovated. (They said they're hoping building 5 will be finished end of November)

Hi everyone,
I'm a huge Disney resort fan, so when my parents offered us to stay with them, I was hesitant. We are here now...it is AMAZING! We split our trip and are staying in PORS later in our trip, I don't even want to leave!

Anyone know if the 4 bedroom Presidential suites in other towers are the same as Tower 6.
I was just told that tower 6 will be under renovation in October 2015 and no units will be available in that building. Would have taken a 3 bedroom but same issue. All in tower 6.
Really love the location of tower 6. Kinda bummed out...
Thanks

Anyone know if the 4 bedroom Presidential suites in other towers are the same as Tower 6.
I was just told that tower 6 will be under renovation in October 2015 and no units will be available in that building. Would have taken a 3 bedroom but same issue. All in tower 6.
Thanks

From what I understand, all 4 bedroom presidentials are the same. We are booked in one for next spring break. Last spring, we stayed in a 2 bedroom in tower 5. We rented a cabana at the pool in tower 6 which was a close walk and allowed us to maximize the use of the amenities at tower 6 even if we weren't staying there. The cabanas have a ceiling fan, lounge chairs, end table, fridge, tv, and phone. Hopefully, the renovations inside the building won't affect the pool area, but will guests have access to the recreational and bathrooms on the lower area in tower 6?

We will be there the week before Easter. Is there a schedule for building closures? I would assume they will have all buildings open then since it will be a peak time but maybe I should not assume that?

Thanks
4 bedroom presidentials are located in all the towers. There is no way to guarantee you'll be placed in Tower 6 unless you are a Wyndham VIP owner. Even then, you could end up somewhere else.

1, 2 and 3 bedroom presidentials are only located in Tower 6.

4 bedroom presidentials are located in all the towers. There is no way to guarantee you'll be placed in Tower 6 unless you are a Wyndham VIP owner. Even then, you could end up somewhere else. 1, 2 and 3 bedroom presidentials are only located in Tower 6.

So wait........ If all the 1 bedroom presidentials are in tower 6, and tower 6 is under renovation until October 2015, how did VS book me a one bedroom presidential for April 2015????? Should I be concerned??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter