The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So wait........ If all the 1 bedroom presidentials are in tower 6, and tower 6 is under renovation until October 2015, how did VS book me a one bedroom presidential for April 2015????? Should I be concerned??

OP said that Tower. 6 will be renovated IN Oct 2015 not "until" Oct. ;)

hello, everyone!:wave2:

got a quick question; wanted to go to wdw late december 2015 and got a 9 night/10 day quote of 1800.00 for a 2 br....is this a good deal? i have seen different pricing, of course that was for different years. hope this isn't offensive to anyone, just want to know if i'm getting a good deal. thanks!

got a quick question; wanted to go to wdw late december 2015 and got a 9 night/10 day quote of 1800.00 for a 2 br....is this a good deal? i have seen different pricing, of course that was for different years. hope this isn't offensive to anyone, just want to know if i'm getting a good deal. thanks!
How many quotes did you get? You are trying to book more than a year out, which means you will pay a premium.

I just looked at Vacation Upgrades site and that is Prime Season. The price is correct. Also when I talked to Ken he told me Bonnet Creek is very popular now and at 94 % capacity year round maybe higher. Meaning getting the great discount for rebooking the unit under the 60 days is not going to happen as much as before. I would think it will pretty full the end of December.
I'm not sure if waiting till it gets closer the price goes down. Just the supply..
I just booked @ 4 Bedroom Presidential for October 2015..Only two were available.
Good Luck.

How many quotes did you get? You are trying to book more than a year out, which means you will pay a premium.

Haven't gotten a cheaper quote... some were quite a bit higher. One lady quoted $2600! That's $800 more! :sad2: For that, I could almost stay on property! :mad:

I just looked at Vacation Upgrades site and that is Prime Season. The price is correct. Also when I talked to Ken he told me Bonnet Creek is very popular now and at 94 % capacity year round maybe higher. Meaning getting the great discount for rebooking the unit under the 60 days is not going to happen as much as before. I would think it will pretty full the end of December.
I'm not sure if waiting till it gets closer the price goes down. Just the supply..
I just booked @ 4 Bedroom Presidential for October 2015..Only two were available.
Good Luck.

I assumed that was the case. Think I might poke around a few more options, but will probably just go with the quote at $1800. We were originally going to stay on property, but it's hard for me to justify the prices! And in tiny little boxes of hotel rooms...a vacation for me means bedrooms with DOORS, especially with kids. The perks for staying on-site are kinda lost on me...got a car, can save $and time eating brkfst at the villa and will be so close. Win, win! Thanks for the help, friends. :grouphug:

Hey all you Bonnet Creek fans! We are checking in soon on the 20th for 7 days. I don't plan to pay the extra for the housekeeping, but I do have some questions. Do they refresh toiletries each day? What about towels?

Also, I read a recent review that said something about Scuba Steve and someone's daughter getting scuba lessons in the pool for $25. Anyone know anything about this? Sounds pretty cool!

Oh and one more if it's not too much :rotfl: Can we request a specific building ahead of time or do we need to wait until we get there? Thanks!

Yeay! Can't wait! :yay:

Unit comes clean and you have equipment - broom,dust pan, vaccum - to clean up messes. You have washer & dryer for towels so new towels are not delivered but you can turn in pool towels for new ones each time you are at the pool. Unit comes with a small supply of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, etc. but only enough for a few days. Only 2 containers of soap for washing machine and no dryer sheets - be sure and bring with you. We cook a lot and I always run out of dishwasher soap for dishes - I think you can get more - I usually just put half a container in each time to make supply last longer. This resort does not accept request ahead of time for building number or view. You make request when you arrive but they are running 94% occupancy and you are usually stuck with wherever they have placed you. Some folks have waited several hours in hopes of obtaining a better location - not sure your vacation time is worth the wait.

Hey all you Bonnet Creek fans! We are checking in soon on the 20th for 7 days. I don't plan to pay the extra for the housekeeping, but I do have some questions. Do they refresh toiletries each day? What about towels?

Oh and one more if it's not too much :rotfl: Can we request a specific building ahead of time or do we need to wait until we get there? Thanks!

Yeay! Can't wait! :yay:

Bonnet Creek is a timeshare resort, and as such does not have daily maid service, unless you pay extra.
They are no longer taking building requests.

Just wanted to chime in on our experience last month with pool towels. Before our first time to the pool, we had to stop at the rec desk for towels; couldn't get them by the pools. They had us sign a slip of paper with the amount of towels we received and told us to bring them back at the end of our stay. Not sure if that's how they always do it but it does add laundry time washing and drying pool towels as well as all the towels in the villa.

We just got back from our stay. I wanted to follow up and say that everything went smoothly renting through Kevin Wiseman. I spent a lot of time before booking looking for reviews on him/others so I figured I'd add my own for anyone else looking. I paid balance off about 4 weeks before arrival and received all my confirmations about a week later.

As for the resort, The room was nice, amenities were great. Loved having doors between us and the kids. That being said, we missed staying on site. The magic was lost. If only we could have those rooms in Disney for a price that was reasonable.. A girl can dream right?! =)

Are the buses still $6/day per person? Last time we went the buses were free and was a great service. However, if I'm going to pay for a ride to the parks I figure I can just call a cab that will be there to pick us up when we are ready to leave rather than worrying about the bus schedule. Has anyone taken cabs to the parks from BC? What's the average price of a one way trip?

Just wanted to chime in on our experience last month with pool towels. Before our first time to the pool, we had to stop at the rec desk for towels; couldn't get them by the pools. They had us sign a slip of paper with the amount of towels we received and told us to bring them back at the end of our stay. Not sure if that's how they always do it but it does add laundry time washing and drying pool towels as well as all the towels in the villa.
You can bring your wet pool towels back and swap them for fresh ones as many times as you want. You don't need to wash them in your room.

At the end of your stay you want to make sure you check-in your towels for good.

Another question. We booked through Ken at Vacation Upgrades. He told me that we should be in Unit 1809 in Tower 6. He says this has a nice view of the inside of the resort (lake view, I believe). Does anyone know if we will be able to see fireworks from our balcony if we are in 1809?

Just wanted to drop off a picture of our view from Tower 4 last week. Illuminations on the left and Wishes on the right.

ry%3D400

Room 1809 May have view because you are up so high but there is a lounge for presidential folks to go to for viewing the fireworks. just ask at checkin and they will give you the information. Also, do not set your heart on this location. Ken reserved a special location for me and Bonnet Creek chose to ignore what I had been told would be my room. I still had a 4 bedroom presidential in building 6 but not the room I wanted. No explanation except all they were required to do was put me in a 4 bedroom. Who knows - maybe the room had something broken & was out for repairs.

Does anyone know what they are doing to tower 5?

Also, I have heard that the deluxe units are starting to look tired. Would it be worth upgrading to a presidential unit in this case?

Thanks!

I can get a rate of $125/night for a 2 bedroom for my 4 night stay at the end of January. Should I pull the trigger on this or wait until 60 days out to see if there is something better or a 3 bedroom at the same price?

Room 1809 May have view because you are up so high but there is a lounge for presidential folks to go to for viewing the fireworks. just ask at checkin and they will give you the information. Also, do not set your heart on this location. Ken reserved a special location for me and Bonnet Creek chose to ignore what I had been told would be my room. I still had a 4 bedroom presidential in building 6 but not the room I wanted. No explanation except all they were required to do was put me in a 4 bedroom. Who knows - maybe the room had something broken & was out for repairs.
While some Wyndham VIP owners can attempt to reserve a certain room in advance, those benefits do not transfer to renters.

Unlike other resorts that have created categories for all manner of views -- and charge extra for them -- there is no such thing at Bonnet Creek, it's luck of the draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter