The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a friend who gifted us a week at Bonnet Creek for our upcoming trip. I have the Confirmation Letter, but it says something about us having to have a Guest Confirmation. Anyone know what this is? And is there a separate resort fee? Thanks!

alisigns said:
I have a friend who gifted us a week at Bonnet Creek for our upcoming trip. I have the Confirmation Letter, but it says something about us having to have a Guest Confirmation. Anyone know what this is? And is there a separate resort fee? Thanks!

I received a guest confirmation by email a day after the reservation was made through RCI. My parents gifted us with our Bonnet Creek vacation.

WE have been here since Saturday and have loved our trip. This is our 3rd time here in the last 5 years.

This trip we are in tower 2, 2nd level. We requested at check in , but unfortunately no lake or fireworks view, but not a problem, been in the parks most nights. Check in was a breeze, the pools haven't been crowded and are semi-warm. (the kids love them regardless of temperature!)

Room is nice, very clean, great furniture, granite counter tops and comfy beds.

We check out on Friday.

We stayed at WBC for spring break in 2011 and 2012. Loved it. This time it's over Thanksgiving. Instead of renting two cars, we are considering letting our party split up by using taxis.

Q: Are there consistently taxis available near the reception/gate house, or do we need to call for them? If we need to call, can they come into the resort to a specific tower?

Staying at WBC for the first time on our family's first WDW vacation next month... Now 28 days away, made our final payments (booked thru Vacation Strategy) but haven't received any room confirmation from RCI/Wyndham itself. Should I call the resort?

DavidVacationer - I am in the same boat - Vacation Strategy says that any room requests have to be done at check in but I would love to know if there is a way around this.

Staying at WBC for the first time on our family's first WDW vacation next month... Now 28 days away, made our final payments (booked thru Vacation Strategy) but haven't received any room confirmation from RCI/Wyndham itself. Should I call the resort?
We leave FRiday for our first stay, using Vacation Strategy. Got a confirmation in the mail (for the first part of our trip, as it's longer than 7 days) from Wyndham on Saturday, so 7 days before departure.

DavidVacationer - I am in the same boat - Vacation Strategy says that any room requests have to be done at check in but I would love to know if there is a way around this.

Unfortunately no, They have stopped taking room requests prior to check in. They do their best at check in to get you your request, but they do have one tower down right now for refurb so that limits some options. I have found getting there closer to check in time of 3pm gets you a better shot at your requests. But its not a guarantee.

however, I have stayed there in 3 different towers, they were all great and rooms are amazing!

We are here now. Totally lucked out with a fireworks view on tower 4 (our favorite tower!) we were going to request a lake view at check in and everyone was being told all rooms were already assigned and they were not taking requests.

Just wanted to share / vent about my nightmare of a booking experience so far. I've been reading through these Bonnet Creek posts since about April of last year and excitedly booked a 4 BR Presidential Suite through renting-resorts, a seller I came across on eBay.

My family and I are traveling tomorrow, but still, as I'm writing this, have no reservation in my name. I began contacting the seller roughly two weeks ago with my concern that I have no confirmation or reservation listed yet, and at first I was ignored completely. Finally about a week ago he had assured me the reservation was in my name. However, each time I call Bonnet creek (which has been multiple times a day now), they insist they have nothing for me. Each time I contact the seller, essentially begging for some sort of information or time table, he will simply reply it's in my name and to trust him. When I point out that I NEED some sort of confirmation or verification that we have a place to stay, my messages go ignored by him.

At this point I'm not sure what to do, I'm about to file a dispute with DepositGuard to try and force some sort of action. We're also scrambling around to look for a plan B so we have a place to stay for when we arrive. This has turned into a mighty stressful experience for us ;( I'm just wondering if anyone had anything close like this happen to them before?

Just wanted to share / vent about my nightmare of a booking experience so far. I've been reading through these Bonnet Creek posts since about April of last year and excitedly booked a 4 BR Presidential Suite through renting-resorts, a seller I came across on eBay.

My family and I are traveling tomorrow, but still, as I'm writing this, have no reservation in my name. I began contacting the seller roughly two weeks ago with my concern that I have no confirmation or reservation listed yet, and at first I was ignored completely. Finally about a week ago he had assured me the reservation was in my name. However, each time I call Bonnet creek (which has been multiple times a day now), they insist they have nothing for me. Each time I contact the seller, essentially begging for some sort of information or time table, he will simply reply it's in my name and to trust him. When I point out that I NEED some sort of confirmation or verification that we have a place to stay, my messages go ignored by him.

At this point I'm not sure what to do, I'm about to file a dispute with DepositGuard to try and force some sort of action. We're also scrambling around to look for a plan B so we have a place to stay for when we arrive. This has turned into a mighty stressful experience for us ;( I'm just wondering if anyone had anything close like this happen to them before?

YIKES!!! I would try to force the issue by contacting DepositGuard. Better to know today for sure if you can find out. Did you pay by Paypal? Can you start a dispute with them?

We have an April, 2015 trip booked at WBC through eBay and we already have our reservation letter and number from Wyndham.

I've seen that seller's WBC auctions on eBay and now will be very wary of them. Hope you get it all worked out.

What is the seller's name? I am in a similar situation but we are still 3 weeks out. We did not go through ebay but I'm just curious if it might be the same person.

My family of three is going to Bonnet Creek the end of April. Can anyone let me know if myself, DW and DS (7) would be ok in a one bedroom presidential or if we would be much more comfortable in a two bedroom presidential.

What does a two bedroom presidential have that a one bedroom presidential does not?

Thanks in advance. I am off to search for answers to this through these threads as well.

Edited after searching:

Are all one bedroom presidential units all garage/dumpster views as I saw on youtube :confused3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0ZYQPRYB8Y

Are all one bedroom presidential units in tower 6?

Do one bedroom presidential units have a pullout couch?

What is the seller's name? I am in a similar situation but we are still 3 weeks out. We did not go through ebay but I'm just curious if it might be the same person.

The eBay seller is "renting-resorts" . I just checked his feedback and I saw a negative within the past 6 months that said:

Negative feedback rating Poor customer service, left me and my family stranded in hotel lobby for hours Buyer: d***r ( 135Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499)
During past 6 months Feedback conversation
Wyndham Bonnet Creek June 7 - 14 4 Bedroom Presidential Resort Orlando Fl (#121358157162)
US $1,099.00
Best Offer Price was Accepted
This item was listed in fixed price format with a Best Offer option. The seller accepted a Best Offer price.

And there was very recent feedback from a buyer that said he had to keep pestering the seller for about 4 weeks in order to secure the reservation.

Do you have a phone number for this person? I would literally call every hour on the hour if you do. If you don't, I'd send an email every hour on the hour. You are leaving tomorrow, I would think that there would be a reservation in your name in the system by now.

If you think you can get your money back, I would try to reach out to Ken Price or Vacation Strategy and see if there is even availability at this point. If so, then I'd try to get money back through whatever means you paid and book something solid. Good luck and let us know what happens.

The eBay seller is "renting-resorts" . I just checked his feedback and I saw a negative within the past 6 months that said:

Negative feedback rating Poor customer service, left me and my family stranded in hotel lobby for hours Buyer: d***r ( 135Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499)
During past 6 months Feedback conversation
Wyndham Bonnet Creek June 7 - 14 4 Bedroom Presidential Resort Orlando Fl (#121358157162)
US $1,099.00
Best Offer Price was Accepted
This item was listed in fixed price format with a Best Offer option. The seller accepted a Best Offer price.

And there was very recent feedback from a buyer that said he had to keep pestering the seller for about 4 weeks in order to secure the reservation.

He has a 95.8% positive rating, with 1710 transactions. That is a pretty good rating. There will always be people who complain; one person said they got stuck, but many more were happy. I hope it works out for you.

He has a 95.8% positive rating, with 1710 transactions. That is a pretty good rating. There will always be people who complain; one person said they got stuck, but many more were happy. I hope it works out for you.

I agree the seller has a pretty good rating, but I'm concerned that gregr may be stranded considering that his reservation is supposed to start tomorrow, the seller is not responding to him and WBC doesn't have a reservation in his name. A 95.8% feedback rating does gregr no good if he gets to Orlando tomorrow and doesn't have a place to stay.

I agree the seller has a pretty good rating, but I'm concerned that gregr may be stranded considering that his reservation is supposed to start tomorrow, the seller is not responding to him and WBC doesn't have a reservation in his name. A 95.8% feedback rating does gregr no good if he gets to Orlando tomorrow and doesn't have a place to stay.

True. I'd be real nervous.
But there is some hope, as his rating is pretty good. So let's hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter