The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are planning on staying at WBC this spring break after 2 years at Windsor Hills. We are not going to the parks this year, and I was wondering if the place is a ghost town during the day? How busy are the pools when most people are in the parks?

We stayed n 5 last year and it was in great condition. The idea that they are 'fixing it up' when it needed no fixing is AWESOME! I'll take granite countertops!

Anyone know if 4 has been 'fixed'? What bldgs were refurbed last? I'd love to see one of those!

I was in building 4 for 18 nights in August. Our room looked brand new. Granite work tops, new sofa. Can't wait to go back next August for 21 nights. Building 4 is our favourite.

We are planning on staying at WBC this spring break after 2 years at Windsor Hills. We are not going to the parks this year, and I was wondering if the place is a ghost town during the day? How busy are the pools when most people are in the parks?
There's always some people around and activities going on. Over the years, I think more people have learned to take advantage of the resort as more than just a place to sleep while visiting the parks.

Just booked a 4BR Presidential through Ken at vacation upgrades for $200/night from Sept 27-Oct 4, 2015! Pretty good deal, huh? Let me explain ...
We were looking for a 3BR suite, with no preference for deluxe vs. presidential in the beginning so Ken quoted us for both. Ultimately we decided to go for presidential since price difference wasn't that great and we'd be guaranteed Tower 6. Upon attempting to reserve a 3BR presidential, however, there was no availability. Ken believes it could be due to the fact that they will be renovating Tower 6 at the time of our vacation. We ended up with a free upgrade to a 4BR presidential in Tower 5, resort view (as of right now. Ken says this may change as our dates near)
Bottom line: 1. you may not get a free upgrade but you WILL get fantastic service and fast, honest communication from Ken and Denise @ vacation upgrades. 2. If you are looking to travel next year during late Summer/early Fall, there MAY be renovations taking place in Tower 6 which will make it hard to get a unit in the beloved WBC location.

yes, we did. It went very well. I tried to check reference in this thread in Aug too. Good luck!
Has anyone used Keith and Angela? Thru myresortnetwork.com? They have been my best quote for summer 2015 but it would make me feel better to know that someone had had a successful rental with them.

Do they normally renovate in summer? Planning to go at end of August next summer and wanted tower 6 for a 3 bedroom presidential. Wonder if that won't be possible.

We were just there in August, our room sure didn't look like it needed any renovating.

Just booked a 4BR Presidential through Ken at vacation upgrades for $200/night from Sept 27-Oct 4, 2015! Pretty good deal, huh? Let me explain ... We were looking for a 3BR suite, with no preference for deluxe vs. presidential in the beginning so Ken quoted us for both. Ultimately we decided to go for presidential since price difference wasn't that great and we'd be guaranteed Tower 6. Upon attempting to reserve a 3BR presidential, however, there was no availability. Ken believes it could be due to the fact that they will be renovating Tower 6 at the time of our vacation. We ended up with a free upgrade to a 4BR presidential in Tower 5, resort view (as of right now. Ken says this may change as our dates near) Bottom line: 1. you may not get a free upgrade but you WILL get fantastic service and fast, honest communication from Ken and Denise @ vacation upgrades. 2. If you are looking to travel next year during late Summer/early Fall, there MAY be renovations taking place in Tower 6 which will make it hard to get a unit in the beloved WBC location.

I read a recent review and the reviewer mentioned that hair dryers were not provided in the room. Is this the case for all rooms, or is this a fluke? It would seem that this would be a common amenity.

I read a recent review and the reviewer mentioned that hair dryers were not provided in the room. Is this the case for all rooms, or is this a fluke? It would seem that this would be a common amenity.
Fluke. They've always been in the rooms we have stayed in. If missing, I would ask for a replacement.

They are not attached to the wall like some of those hotel dryers, they are in a bag under the sink in a cabinet.

Thank You, Upatnoon.
I had a feeling this was a rare instance. Good to know I have one less thing I need to pack.

Do they normally renovate in summer? Planning to go at end of August next summer and wanted tower 6 for a 3 bedroom presidential. Wonder if that won't be possible.

We were just there in August, our room sure didn't look like it needed any renovating.

This is our first time at WBC so I'm not sure when renovations typically take place. Sorry I can't be of more help. Perhaps someone on here will have some insight :)

Has anyone been able to book a week at WBC within 60 days of your arrival in the summer? I've made a reservation at the Embassy Suites LBV South for 7 nights in June, but there is still a part of me that wants to stay at WBC. I got a quote from Vacation Strategies and it's quite a bit more than what we'd pay at the Embassy Suites. Then I looked and saw that if you book within 60 days with Vacation Upgrades that you can get a 2 BR suite for $120 a night year round, which would be just a little less than what I'd pay for the Embassy Suites. I was just wondering if anyone had done that during a busy time in June, or is it more likely that there won't be any availability? I'm thinking of keeping my reservation at the Embassy Suites (I can cancel up to 72 hours in advance before getting charged), then waiting until the 60 day mark to see if there is any availability at WBC, I just didn't know if that was a good idea.

I am considering staying here for 6 days in September 2015 and then 3 days at AKL. The question I have deals with both transportion from the Airport to Bonnet Creek and then to the parks and also transferring to a Disney property. My wife and I spend our anniversary at WDW every year and I am low on DVC points but have the Wyndham Points for 6 nights Saturday to Thursday in a Presidential 1 bedroom. Any help would be appreciated as I have never stayed here before or switched hotels during a trip.

Thank you for any and all help.

Did you get an email confirmation of your deposit? We've booked through VS 4 times, our fourth visit is June 2015. They have always been very reliable and easy to work with.

Yes we did get a confirmation email. Is it normal to not get anything else from them?

we were there in April this year and the pools were crazy busy during the day. the weather was warm so many people went to parks early and were back by lunch time to play in the pools

Has anyone been able to book a week at WBC within 60 days of your arrival in the summer? I've made a reservation at the Embassy Suites LBV South for 7 nights in June, but there is still a part of me that wants to stay at WBC. I got a quote from Vacation Strategies and it's quite a bit more than what we'd pay at the Embassy Suites. Then I looked and saw that if you book within 60 days with Vacation Upgrades that you can get a 2 BR suite for $120 a night year round, which would be just a little less than what I'd pay for the Embassy Suites. I was just wondering if anyone had done that during a busy time in June, or is it more likely that there won't be any availability? I'm thinking of keeping my reservation at the Embassy Suites (I can cancel up to 72 hours in advance before getting charged), then waiting until the 60 day mark to see if there is any availability at WBC, I just didn't know if that was a good idea.
We've stayed at WBC probably two dozen times and never bought a reservation more than 30 days out. We usually get them on ebay.

This works for us because we drive and we are a bit flexible on our dates, but thus far we've always been able to get something.

It depends on how busy things are and if a building is down for refurbishment. For our May/June trip, we booked just a couple of weeks before visiting. Got a great rate for our 2 BR - $100/night for a week and a half. This trip, we booked further ahead because we could already see the WDW resorts filling up. Rate was not as good (around $160 per night) and we could only get 6 nights and a 2 BR (no 3 or 4 BRs available). It was then that I learned that an entire building at WBC was down for a refurbishment. Kept checking to add on days, but nothing was available until the week before our trip - for $245/night! Passed on that. About half-way through our stay, dh called and was able to add on 2 more nights. I have no idea how much he paid -- not sure I want to know. ::yes:: I don't know when the current refurbishment will be finished. The outside is currently being painted, and you can see stacks of plastic wrapped mattresses in some of the downstairs rooms. I'm guessing it will be a little while. We've heard that another building will be refurbished after this one.

We have been at WBC since 10/4. We are PAP holders and visit the parks fairly often. As a result, we tend to pop into a park for an hour or two, then come back to the resort to relax by one of the pools during the hotter hours of the day. Towards evening, we go to dinner and visit another park or DTD. The lazy river next to the pirate ship pool and the pirate ship pool have been very busy. Of course, these two pool probably have the least amount of seating. We are in Building 4. It has been busy, but there have been seats available every time we've visited. I've noticed that people tend to come and go from it more frequently than from the pirate ship area (which is only a few steps away). We haven't been to the main pool this trip. Not sure why. Just haven't ventured in that direction.

We are booked next month for seven nights in a 4BR Presidential through Paul Symington at Utopia World Vacations. We have used him once before and his price was fantastic so I had no reservations about using him again. However today I got an email that there "may" be an issue because there is construction going on and the resort was overbooked?!?! I'm kind of panicking here! Anyone have any experience with this? I've emailed him back to please clarify exactly what he means but I'm freaking out in the meantime!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter