• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Superfamily February 2009!! We're taking on the world!! MAJOR UPDATE 1/7

Happy New Year Heather! Your trip is getting closer :woohoo: . If you decide on Spirit of Aloha I'm curious to see how you like it. I might have to try it sometime. Either that or Hopp Dee Doo.

Happy New Year Heather! Your trip is getting closer :woohoo: . If you decide on Spirit of Aloha I'm curious to see how you like it. I might have to try it sometime. Either that or Hopp Dee Doo.

They are both good shows but if your taking the children I would recommend Hoop dee doo, its more entertaining, SOA is more just dancing. Nick and I both preferred HDD, it was so funny and so much fun, and the food was so good :goodvibes

Heather are you still doing Universal on Sunday the 8th?
You wanted to dine at O'Hana for dinner right?
How about I add the 3 of you to my 7pm ADR?
We are already 16, give or take a few. I still need to call and twik some head counts. You're more than welcomed.

one word: layers!!!!!! seriously, pack everything from shorts and tanks to jeans and sweaters/coats. we did and i'm glad we did! last month our weather ranged from 40 degrees to 75 in four days!!!!!

That sounds good to me!!!! Now I get to wear my cute Tink hoodies!!:thumbsup2

I'm a little worried about what to pack for feb, too! And with the new charges from the airlines, I have to pack for 6 in as few of bags as possible. Why don't they make disposable clothes?:confused3

No joke!! I always wanted to buy those plastic bags on tv where you hook a vacuum up to it and it sucks out all the air. My problem would be I would have everything packed really good and then once we got down there to wear it, how the heck would you suck the air out of them then!!:confused3

I'm having the same dilemma! I'm doing the layers thing too- hoodies, t-shirts, pants, shorts... covering all our bases!

I can't wait to pull out my tink hoodies!!!!:cool1:

I'm packing a full range from t's to sweatshirts and 1 light jacket (like a jogger) for each of us.
But I'm going out on a limb, and leaving our winter coats in a locker at McCarren airport here in Vegas. We will need them the cold morning we leave and the cold evening we return, but I don't want to carry them to Orlando.

That's a really good idea to get the lockers for your jackets!!

I wanna pack too...:sad:

If I can get you that O'hana ADR can I come too! :rotfl2:

On a serious note you should pack your new Tink outfit. ;)

I guess there's no need to pack the "Disney Scene it".....Hollie will be along this time. :rotfl:

Come on and go with us!!:goodvibes

You sure can!!!!! lol!!

I plan on taking the tink outfit. It is just too cute!! I just hope I don't look like a pepto bismol butterball!! lol!!!

We always have to take a mini dvd player with us wherever we go. Hollie likes to take her movies. I have to fight with her so I can watch all the disney info in the room!:lmao:

Its so exciting to be able to say you are going this year isn't it? You must be so excited, you have hardly any time to wait now. And then when you get back it will be about the same for us.

The Spirit of Aloha dinner show is really good but it seemed quite long so may be best if Hollie is a bit older. But the dancing is good and its so colourful. Oh and the food, so tasty. I so hope you manage to get your ADR for Ohana, if not there is always next time ;)

I just can't believe it will be here soon!

I love SOA!! We used to go every time we went down there. On our trip in November was the first time we saw the new show for it. It was still good! I love the food!! But, I am like you, it seems so long that she would probably get bored and I would want to stay for the whole thing!

Thought your daughter was born around Christmas. Whenever anyone hears that my daughter is named Hollie they assume she is a Christmas baby but she is actually born in September. Hollie is a name my dad always loved and one he had picked out for me so in honor of my dad we named our first daughter for him.:love:

So excited - after waiting since September I can FINALLY book our ADR's on Tuesday!!:banana:

That is so cool!!!!!!! I just love the name! I really like how it is spelled, its just different and I love that!!

No way!!! Do you know which ones your going to book yet?

Awww, Happy New Year Nichole!!!
I am so excited and ready!!
Spirit of Aloha is really fun! We have done it several times, but last year was the first time for the newer show. It was still really good, I just don't think Hollie will sit still for it. She gets very impatient and I don't want anyone staring if I go to hollering at her!! :rotfl2:

They are both good shows but if your taking the children I would recommend Hoop dee doo, its more entertaining, SOA is more just dancing. Nick and I both preferred HDD, it was so funny and so much fun, and the food was so good :goodvibes

I have heard Hoop Dee Doo was good too! I bet Hollie would like it better!

Heather are you still doing Universal on Sunday the 8th?
You wanted to dine at O'Hana for dinner right?
How about I add the 3 of you to my 7pm ADR?
We are already 16, give or take a few. I still need to call and twik some head counts. You're more than welcomed.
YOU ARE THE BOMB!!!!! I pm'd you!

Guess what........

We are eating at O'hana!!!!!!! :cool1: :banana:

Geminiangel (Traci) invited us to eat with her and her family for there Grand Gathering!! I am so excited!!!!!! Girl, you are the bomb!!!!!!!

So, we will be eating at O'hana on Sunday, Feb. 8th!!!

Yay! O'Hana is yummylicious! I think it was even better this time around! Um...I need to start a pre trip report too. Ugh! It's hard to keep up with two threads at one time. :headache:

cool! :thumbsup2 glad you got an ADR you wanted. i wish i liked ohana. i think i'm the only person on the DIS who doesn't! :rotfl: i just thought it was too loud and the meat was dry when i ate there in september 2007. but maybe i just had a bad experience. i might try it again one day - after i try all the other restaurants i wanna try first, of course! ;)

Guess what........

Geminiangel (Traci) invited us to eat with her and her family for there Grand Gathering!! I am so excited!!!!!! Girl, you are the bomb!!!!!!!

:cool1: AWESOME!!! See the meet thread. :thumbsup2

Guess what........

Congrats......!!!!!

I'll be at the Great Wall of China on that day so I won't be able to make it.....

I plan on taking the tink outfit. It is just too cute!! I just hope I don't look like a pepto bismol butterball!! lol!!!

:rotfl:

I just can't believe it will be here soon!

I love SOA!! We used to go every time we went down there. On our trip in November was the first time we saw the new show for it. It was still good! I love the food!! But, I am like you, it seems so long that she would probably get bored and I would want to stay for the whole thing!

Its a great show. When we went there was hardly any kids there, but that may be because it was the 9pm show so there may have been more at the earlier show. I think when Hollie is a bit older she will love it, does she do any dance classes at all?

I have heard Hoop Dee Doo was good too! I bet Hollie would like it better!

I think she would it. Its so entertaining, Nick and I were worried we would feel out of place but it was just so good. You should definitely try it next time :thumbsup2

Guess what........

Ah thats great, I love O'hana. And you get to have your Lapu lapu's again :lovestruc

Congrats on getting O'Hana! That was so nice of Geminiangel to invite you guys! Girl, luck is on your side this trip :lmao:

I'll be at the Great Wall of China on that day so I won't be able to make it.....

let's see...............Great Wall of China............Ohana.........Great wall of china........Ohana...........................................................

I think you made a good choice!;)

Did you know I could get to The Great Wall of China in just over an hour?

There's a buffet with that name.:laughing:
It should really be called...........the mediocre warming table of luke warm suprises.

Guess what........

Heather that is awesome!!!!!! Ohana is the best!!!

:dance3: O'Hana :dance3:

I love it there, you'll have the best time! Sorry punkin but we all enjoyed our meal so much we are going back for a second time. (I actually like my meat a little dry) :laughing:

As far as our ADR's this is what we have planned:
We are going to Epcot on the 6th and plan just to eat throughout the WSC. Doing an ADR for Boma that night as we are staying AK so we would like to try it for a dinner. On the 7th we are grabbing a bite at AK before EMH at MK and eating lunch at CP (Hollie :love: Pooh!!). :yay: The 8th is Cassie's 12th birthday so we let her plan the day. She wants to spend it at AK with the EMH. I know so many people avoid the parks on the EMH days but she is taking advantage of the Fastpass bonus coupon in lieu of the free admission on your birthday deal so we hope to avoid alot of the line-ups that way. She wants breakfast at Tusker's, a late lunch at Yak and Yeti and she wants to do the Aloha Dinner Show at the Polynesian at 8:00 pm. I haven't read much about that one on the DIS so any input from anyone who has attended it would be great! On the 9th we are doing breakfast at Boma, lunch at Sci-Fi and not sure yet about supper as we haven't really planned that one yet.

This is out first on-site stay so it is all quite new to us. I really hope all of our ADR's work out. I have been "stalking" them since September as every time I call they keep giving me different dates to call back and it keeps changing!:confused3

Yay! O'Hana is yummylicious! I think it was even better this time around! Um...I need to start a pre trip report too. Ugh! It's hard to keep up with two threads at one time. :headache:

I am just so excited to eat there!! I just love the atmosphere at the Poly!!

cool! :thumbsup2 glad you got an ADR you wanted. i wish i liked ohana. i think i'm the only person on the DIS who doesn't! :rotfl: i just thought it was too loud and the meat was dry when i ate there in september 2007. but maybe i just had a bad experience. i might try it again one day - after i try all the other restaurants i wanna try first, of course! ;)

I am really excited!!! I just hope that Hollie likes it! I hope that I like it! I really do, but I know one thing I will like......my lapu lapu!! :rotfl2:

:cool1: AWESOME!!! See the meet thread. :thumbsup2
I am so excited!!!

Congrats......!!!!!

Oh wow!!! Hmmm, maybe I can meet up with Winker's and get a shot of her Jordan stick!!! lol

Maybe Heather can join my insane family, and I can join you!:rotfl:

LOL!!! That is too funny!!!!

:rotfl:

Its a great show. When we went there was hardly any kids there, but that may be because it was the 9pm show so there may have been more at the earlier show. I think when Hollie is a bit older she will love it, does she do any dance classes at all?

I think she would it. Its so entertaining, Nick and I were worried we would feel out of place but it was just so good. You should definitely try it next time :thumbsup2

Ah thats great, I love O'hana. And you get to have your Lapu lapu's again :lovestruc

Well, I think I need to do the HDD show too!! It just sounds fun!!!!

I am so ready to have another lapu lapu!!!!:rotfl2:

Congrats on getting O'Hana! That was so nice of Geminiangel to invite you guys! Girl, luck is on your side this trip :lmao:

It was very, very nice of her!! I am so excited!

stopped by to say hello and askwhat are your family's new years resolutions are????

Hey!!!!! Well.....I really didn't have any this year. Maybe my main one should be to have more patience!!! Especially at work!:rotfl2:

let's see...............Great Wall of China............Ohana.........Great wall of china........Ohana...........................................................

I think you made a good choice!;)

Did you know I could get to The Great Wall of China in just over an hour?

There's a buffet with that name.:laughing:
It should really be called...........the mediocre warming table of luke warm suprises.

LOL!! That is too funny!!! So, you could go to the Great Wall of China any time you want too!! lol!!

Heather that is awesome!!!!!! Ohana is the best!!!
Girl, I am so excited!!! Lapu lapu here I come......:cool1:

Lucky...thats my birthday! Is Ohana a good place with little kids?

Awwww, well I will think of your birthday and have a lapu lapu for you!! :lmao:

:dance3: O'Hana :dance3:

I love it there, you'll have the best time! Sorry punkin but we all enjoyed our meal so much we are going back for a second time. (I actually like my meat a little dry) :laughing:
I am just so excited!!!!!

As far as our ADR's this is what we have planned:
We are going to Epcot on the 6th and plan just to eat throughout the WSC. Doing an ADR for Boma that night as we are staying AK so we would like to try it for a dinner. On the 7th we are grabbing a bite at AK before EMH at MK and eating lunch at CP (Hollie :love: Pooh!!). :yay: The 8th is Cassie's 12th birthday so we let her plan the day. She wants to spend it at AK with the EMH. I know so many people avoid the parks on the EMH days but she is taking advantage of the Fastpass bonus coupon in lieu of the free admission on your birthday deal so we hope to avoid alot of the line-ups that way. She wants breakfast at Tusker's, a late lunch at Yak and Yeti and she wants to do the Aloha Dinner Show at the Polynesian at 8:00 pm. I haven't read much about that one on the DIS so any input from anyone who has attended it would be great! On the 9th we are doing breakfast at Boma, lunch at Sci-Fi and not sure yet about supper as we haven't really planned that one yet.

This is out first on-site stay so it is all quite new to us. I really hope all of our ADR's work out. I have been "stalking" them since September as every time I call they keep giving me different dates to call back and it keeps changing!:confused3

Those all sound really good!!!!!! I love Sci Fi! It was a fun place!!!

I'm so jealous all you guys will be down there in February....:sad1:

I know you'll have fun meeting everyone....:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter