*** The Official August 2016 Thread! ***

Almost! We had to call in as the system wasn't working - the only thing that we weren't able to get was a prepark opening BBB - that's OK - we still got a morning time one followed by CRT for lunch so overall, I'm very happy! Now, I'll spend the next 6 months tweaking them!

On another note - we decided to sell our townhouse in hopes of moving into a single family home this spring... and we have been on the market for one week... we figured if it wasn't going well, we'd have to cancel our WDW trip... well, we got a full-price offer! Woohoo! That means we should be all moved and settled before summer starts and we have the green flag for our WDW trip! SO EXCITED! Now, it really feels real with ADR's done and the strong offer on our townhouse!

Congratulations! Selling your home is so stressful. What a relief! :)

Almost! We had to call in as the system wasn't working - the only thing that we weren't able to get was a prepark opening BBB - that's OK - we still got a morning time one followed by CRT for lunch so overall, I'm very happy! Now, I'll spend the next 6 months tweaking them!

On another note - we decided to sell our townhouse in hopes of moving into a single family home this spring... and we have been on the market for one week... we figured if it wasn't going well, we'd have to cancel our WDW trip... well, we got a full-price offer! Woohoo! That means we should be all moved and settled before summer starts and we have the green flag for our WDW trip! SO EXCITED! Now, it really feels real with ADR's done and the strong offer on our townhouse!
Congrats

August 7-12 at POR.. We will be driving down from Northern NJ. I am stressed out about the drive. Debating if I should take 95 or the west route on 78/81/77/26... I had driven from Colorado to NJ over a week with two little kids in the car and I was not stressed out about that trip.

LOL we downsized from a house to a condo last trip. Best decision we made as we never see it except to sleep!
It is possible that could still happen for us. We haven't made the reservation yet, and our traveling party has shrunk considerably. We could get away with 2 or 3 bedrooms with no problem, the house we have been considering has 5, a bit of overkill, but still cheaper than staying onsite at POR, and it has a lot more amenities. However, the management has been unresponsive thus far to two different email requests for information. So, a reconsideration of where we will stay may be in order.

August 7-12 at POR.. We will be driving down from Northern NJ. I am stressed out about the drive. Debating if I should take 95 or the west route on 78/81/77/26... I had driven from Colorado to NJ over a week with two little kids in the car and I was not stressed out about that trip.

Hello from a fellow Jersey driver...we live in Warren County so we always go the west route. It adds on a few minutes but we find it more peaceful than 95.

Day and time of departure is critical when traveling I95. I've gotten it wrong in the past. I've sat in traffic on I95 in Virginia for hours. Matter of fact, it took us 3 hours to go 12 miles one time in Northern Virginia. Absolutely ridiculous! Get the timing right, and there is barely a slowdown through that same area.

We just bought our last 10 day ticket yesterday - we figured we would get it ahead of the rumored price increase and tiering - hopefully AP aren't going up again as we are hoping to upgrade to them when we are there!

We are also driving this year from MD. Our little DD is due in April so we will be bringing an infant with us. We have been flying for the last five years with our two other kids so this should be interesting in a lot of ways. We took our youngest now at 8 months so bringing a baby is no big deal, but we are so used to flying. We just thought too much baby stuff this time around to fly.

Hi all, my family will be there starting 8/21 - 9/3. We will spend the first night, Aug. 21 at AKV - Kidani and then move to BCV for the remainder of our stay. I just finished making my ADRs and purchased Gold DVC APs. All I have to do now is obsess about our FP+ selctions!

Anyone watching out anxiously for the summer promotional code?? March is just around the corner. With the new ticket price, I hope there is still a chance to save some money once the code is out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter