*** The Official August 2016 Thread! ***

Another upcoming trip here! We don't leave until Sunday...weather permitting. I really hope nothing comes of this storm!!
Don't jinx us lol! From what I can tell, just looks like "possible t-storms" everyday which is the norm for Aug. Not sure where you're flying from but I'm keeping positive that we'll all be fine flying out :thumbsup2 Now if we get stuck there longer than we're supposed to due to a storm? Oh, well :D

11 hours and we head over to the mainland to stay the night before flying out tomorrow morning!! I can't believe the time is almost here. Just have to make it through 8 hours of work haha

I got my nails done too I'll try to attach a pic. View attachment 189756View attachment 189758

Oh those are cute! I don't know how to post pics, but the lady at the salon had so much fun doing my Disney nails. She added glitter and diamonds and so much more than the one mini black mickey ear on a red nail I asked for. Lol she said, "I won't charge you extra, can I go with my vision". I figure she is the professional why not.

UHHM so looks like my trip is closer than I thought. A month or so ago hubby changed our 5am departure to midnight. I figured it wouldn't hurt. He just looked at me and said "I'm not going to sleep tonight anyhow, lets leave ASAP". He does drive all night for a living, so it will help get a good chunk done while kids sleep. Daughter is babysitting until 8:30pm, so looks like we may be on the road by 9pm tonight. As long as I don't end up spending $$$ on two extra hotels I think all will be good.

Just got home, trip was great!!!! Weather was amazing, only rained like 2 or 3 days the entire trip, and they were in the beginning, only 2 really hot days, and only 2 days when I would say the park was crowded. Otherwise, sunny skies, pleasant temperatures, and light crowds.

We left a day early, got a room at Holiday Inn Resort ($40 Hotwire) and got a text at 8:30 AM this morning that our room was ready. I was excited as I thought the earliest we would get in there would be 12:00. It is awesome so far. Third floor building 38. A lot of bamboo growth but we can see the water from one side and we really like the room. Hope to see you all having fun like we are!!

Hi guys! I hope all of you still there are having a great time despite any bad weather and those of you flying out or driving home in the next couple days are safe! Not sure anyone is still even reading this, but I'm doing a little mini TR inside of my Nov. PTR over on the Pre-trip Reports board if anyone is interested in reading it. The link to the PTR is in my signature below and the mini Aug. TR starts on page 23 :)

We have one more day tomorrow, heading to HS. Definatlely been our wettest trip, but we have not let it stop us or mess the fun. Still seen nearly everything we wanted with the exception of rain closing the AK paths while we were there. I just want weather to cooperate Saturday when we start the drive home.

We have one more day tomorrow, heading to HS. Definatlely been our wettest trip, but we have not let it stop us or mess the fun. Still seen nearly everything we wanted with the exception of rain closing the AK paths while we were there. I just want weather to cooperate Saturday when we start the drive home.
We are driving home Saturday as well. Safe travels! :goodvibes

Hi guys! I hope all of you still there are having a great time despite any bad weather and those of you flying out or driving home in the next couple days are safe! Not sure anyone is still even reading this, but I'm doing a little mini TR inside of my Nov. PTR over on the Pre-trip Reports board if anyone is interested in reading it. The link to the PTR is in my signature below and the mini Aug. TR starts on page 23 :)
We are still here as well. Sure has been wet but all part of the adventure.

Have a great last day and a safe trip home

We are driving home Saturday as well. Safe travels! :goodvibes
Yes safe travels to both of you! We arrived Sat. and left yesterday morning. We lucked out and each time it started raining we were either leaving a park or going into a restaurant, and really the only huge, long downpour the whole time we were there was Tuesday late afternoon into the evening. We had just gotten back to our resort when the skies opened up so we ate dinner at the resort, chilled, and watched Wishes from our balcony. We've had other trips with days of rain; I know it's not the greatest and it's easy to get frustrated and feel down but if you can keep yourself and anyone you're traveling with positive, you can mange to still have fun!

We are still here as well. Sure has been wet but all part of the adventure.
That's a great attitude lol! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter