*** The Official August 2016 Thread! ***

Agreed, I like my sleep but there will be 3 drivers so we are going to do shifts of 6 hours each, with stops for potty, food and gas of course. It's about 18 hours from where we are in Jersey. We have time built in should it be to much we can abort and stop either way.
We've done straight through, just stopping for gas. Potty stops when we need gas and we pack food so we don't have to stop for that . 16 hours to KCS. We avoid DC at rush hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This trip we'll be hitting the road between 5:30 and 6am on a Saturday going straight through to the Daytona area. My kids are always warned before getting in the car any screw ups and they'll get dropped at the nearest airport and heading north to their grandparents. haven't had any problems!

I am jealous . . . 3 drivers. I am a one man team, me myself and I. Last year, my wife passed out before midnight, and my then 11 year old son stayed awake with me, and helped to navigate, grab me drinks as needed from the cooler, and generally just talk to me and keep me alert and focused, but every bit of the driving is on me.

We always drive down good old 95 LOL. Get a portable DVD player and lots of Disney movies they're a life saver!

That used to be our way to entertain the kids. They are a bit older now, at 12 and 21, so they both have tablets, and I make sure we have mobile chargers / cords in the car. They do a pretty good job of entertaining themselves that way.

We've done straight through, just stopping for gas. Potty stops when we need gas and we pack food so we don't have to stop for that . 16 hours to KCS. We avoid DC at rush hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This trip we'll be hitting the road between 5:30 and 6am on a Saturday going straight through to the Daytona area. My kids are always warned before getting in the car any screw ups and they'll get dropped at the nearest airport and heading north to their grandparents. haven't had any problems!

That's great lol, our kids will be 5 and 2 so our Daughter will still be in diapers but our Son will need to stop I'm sure. We will be limiting his drinks in the car of course. It will be an adventure for sure.

I am jealous . . . 3 drivers. I am a one man team, me myself and I. Last year, my wife passed out before midnight, and my then 11 year old son stayed awake with me, and helped to navigate, grab me drinks as needed from the cooler, and generally just talk to me and keep me alert and focused, but every bit of the driving is on me.

Sorry to hear that, no way I could do it by myself. My husband works until 11:30pm so he is used to driving at night. So he pulled the short straw and gets that 6 hours. My best friend is also coming wit us so hopefully it won't be to draining on any one of us.

That's great lol, our kids will be 5 and 2 so our Daughter will still be in diapers but our Son will need to stop I'm sure. We will be limiting his drinks in the car of course. It will be an adventure for sure.
My ds was a trooper at 5 his first trip. We left around his bed time and we made it almost to NC before the boys got up.

The joys of staying offsite . . . . makes getting those prime morning ADR's a bit more challenging. We wanted a 7:00 for 1900 Park Fare, but the earliest available was 8:05. That would make it pretty hard to finish breakfast, and make it to MK for park opening, so I guess I'll have to keep checking to see if something earlier opens up.

The joys of staying offsite . . . . makes getting those prime morning ADR's a bit more challenging. We wanted a 7:00 for 1900 Park Fare, but the earliest available was 8:05. That would make it pretty hard to finish breakfast, and make it to MK for park opening, so I guess I'll have to keep checking to see if something earlier opens up.
I don't think breakfast at Park Fare starts until 8am.

Slight change to our dates/resorts. We are now arriving July 29 and staying at SOG until Aug. 1. We will check into Poly Aug 1 (0ur 12th anniversary!) until Aug. 9! So can't wait!!!

Slight change to our dates/resorts. We are now arriving July 29 and staying at SOG until Aug. 1. We will check into Poly Aug 1 (0ur 12th anniversary!) until Aug. 9! So can't wait!!!
Happy 12th. How do you like SOG we've never stayed there before THNX

How did it go, @Ferrentinos ? Did you get everything you wanted? :)

Almost! We had to call in as the system wasn't working - the only thing that we weren't able to get was a prepark opening BBB - that's OK - we still got a morning time one followed by CRT for lunch so overall, I'm very happy! Now, I'll spend the next 6 months tweaking them!

On another note - we decided to sell our townhouse in hopes of moving into a single family home this spring... and we have been on the market for one week... we figured if it wasn't going well, we'd have to cancel our WDW trip... well, we got a full-price offer! Woohoo! That means we should be all moved and settled before summer starts and we have the green flag for our WDW trip! SO EXCITED! Now, it really feels real with ADR's done and the strong offer on our townhouse!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter