***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

Just checking in:wave:

I have a value studio booked from 10-15-10/20 for my friend and I. She is as big of a Disney freak as I am but she has only been to WDW one time! I can't wait to take her to my "home":goodvibes. We plan to eat at Boma and Sanaa and we may try to squeeze in a dinner at Jiko. We both love to eat and so this trip for F&W is going to be amazing:cloud9:.

We are hoping to stay AKV 2 br Dec 2017. It is not out home resort, but our friends have children who would love the animal theme. What is the likelihood of getting in at the 7 mo mark? Thanks! (first week of dec )

First part of December is an extremely high DVC demand time of the year at WDW. December 1 was a Thursday in 2016 (a Friday in 2017). By May 1, 2016, exactly 7 months out from Dec 1, the Jambo club level, value and savanna view 2BRs were gone for the nine night period from Dec 1-10, the Jambo standard view 2BRs for seven of those nights. The Kidani standard view 2BR was missing 6 (dedicated 2BR) and 7 (lock-off) of those nights. The Kidani savanna view lock-off 2BR was missing 6 nights, but the dedicated 2BR was actually still open. However, by May 3, 2016 (7 months out from Saturday Dec 3), even that dedicated 2BR was gone for Dec 2-10.

Also note that 2BRs everywhere had issues except SSR. OKW 2BRs were open until 7 months out from December 3 when even they lost a couple nights during the week of Dec 3-10.

Note, it is possible it might be a little better at AKV next year, and maybe that dedicated 2BR will be open again for a longer period of time, because at 7 months out from Dec 2016, there were rooms at Kidani scheduled to be out of service weekly due to the refurb that is taking place at AKV, which means there will be more rooms to get next year before they fill to capacity.

First part of December is an extremely high DVC demand time of the year at WDW. December 1 was a Thursday in 2016 (a Friday in 2017). By May 1, 2016, exactly 7 months out from Dec 1, the Jambo club level, value and savanna view 2BRs were gone for the nine night period from Dec 1-10, the Jambo standard view 2BRs for seven of those nights. The Kidani standard view 2BR was missing 6 (dedicated 2BR) and 7 (lock-off) of those nights. The Kidani savanna view lock-off 2BR was missing 6 nights, but the dedicated 2BR was actually still open. However, by May 3, 2016 (7 months out from Saturday Dec 3), even that dedicated 2BR was gone for Dec 2-10.

Also note that 2BRs everywhere had issues except SSR. OKW 2BRs were open until 7 months out from December 3 when even they lost a couple nights during the week of Dec 3-10.

Note, it is possible it might be a little better at AKV next year, and maybe that dedicated 2BR will be open again for a longer period of time, because at 7 months out from Dec 2016, there were rooms at Kidani scheduled to be out of service weekly due to the refurb that is taking place at AKV, which means there will be more rooms to get next year before they fill to capacity.

Thank you! I hope we luck out...if not we will just have to keep our home resort reservations.

Wow! I have never tried to switch to AKV in December, but was hoping to do that next year. Unfortunately I am out of AKV points until 2019, we splurged on Club Level 2 years in a row. DH really enjoys the amenities. I'll book BWV 1 bedroom and waitlist for the time my friend will join me. This year we stayed at BWV and my friend loved everything about it. I am glad to read this so I am forewarned, I will not promise my friend a savannah view!

We love AK Kidani!!!! IT was actually the resort that finally got my husband to say "yes" to DVC! We bought a small contract at Saratoga but have yet to stay there. The kids and I are flying in next month for the our oldest daughters birthday, hubs is working and will be out of town for her birthday so Im surprising her with her favorite resort! We are doing a split stay between Kidani and BLT. Any suggestions for special things to do? I'm thinking renting a car might be my best bet to keep the kids (6,5,2) corralled since I'll be solo. We drove last time we were at Kidani and had our car so thats all I know, Thoughts?

One other thing - Besides the differences between the two buildings the studio bathroom layout is a little different between the two. At Jambo there are 2 sinks outside of the toilet/tub/shower room. At Kidani you walk into the bathroom to the sink and tub/shower and there is a sectioned off toilet room within that room.

Pls see my responses within your quote and good luck with your planning!
Oh! That is great to know! Thank you Kathy!

Hey all,
So silly question when you own at Kidani can you book Jambo house at the 11month mark?
Also for those of you who have done the GV did you prefer Kidani or Jambo?
Thanks a ton! Trying to get an idea for next April

Hey all,
So silly question when you own at Kidani can you book Jambo house at the 11month mark?

Yes, you own at AKV and your unit just happens to be Kidani but it all is consider one for the home resort priority. :goodvibes

We've only stayed in the Jambo GV so I can't compare to Kidani but I can say it was a pretty wonderful villa!

Hey all,
Yes! You can book kidani or Jambo as an AKV owner at 11 months! I'm not familiar with the GV, but enjoy!

Anyone ever do the cake decorating at Sanna? Is it really free and do you keep the cake??
Yes we have and it's fun, be aware tho it's not really a cake. They are more like small vanilla bunt cakes at least when we did it. There were adults and kids and lots of colors to decorate with. Oh and you get to keep them.

Hey all,

We have done both GV's. We did Jambo first and my reaction to it was that it was best in its class, with savanna view, very large covered balconies, a pool table room, single story with lots of space, and a master bath with low level tub from which yiou can view TV, and all the amenities of Jambo (three restaurants including counter service, large pool area with lost of shade, large store, large lobby). Particularly ideal with toddlers because you avoid stairs.

Then this past Sep, we did one at Kidani, only because we had to give up one at Jambo because trip had to be changed at 6 1/2 months out from October to Sep. I was expecting somewhat of a disappointment in comparison to Jambo. Not so and consider it almost as ideal as Jambo. Large combined living room. dining room and kitchen area for plenty of family together space, nice long balcony outside of first floor, the open living room area where the ceiling is one above second story with huge windows from floor to ceiling is most impressive. and ideal was the extra "bedroom" in the alcove at the top of the stairs where there is a pull-out queen couch and a TV for placing that single person who would rather not be in a bedroom with other married adults or kids. The Kidani resort has only Sanaa as a restaurant, one of our favorites, but still fine as we do a lot of eating in the room. The pool area is ideal for kids with its water playground, and particualry ideal is the parking right near your unit on the ground floor under the building, which was much appreciated because we had to make far more trips to a grocery store (actually a Super Target) than originally planned.

Hi everyone! I'm so excited because my 7 night reservation in a standard studio was just confirmed for Nov 30th this year! Woo! (I'm renting points via a broker)

So just a few quick questions - I'm sorry if they've been asked before and i'm very grateful for any insight and opinion. :)

1) What, if any, are the differences between a standard studio in Jambo and a standard studio in Kidani?
2) Where are the DVC studio rooms located in Jambo?
3) I appreciate there is zero chance we'll have any glimpse of the savannah because we are in a standard room, so what are my choices in terms of requesting a room? Where should I ask for to be as close to the lobby as possible? (I have mobility problems and so minimising walking is a plus for me. I travel with a wheelchair but try to walk a bit in the mornings/evenings so as not to stiffen up from long days in the chair at the parks)

Thanks so much everyone! Just have to keep fingers crossed that the second part of our split stay works out, too! :D xx

Hi everyone! I'm so excited because my 7 night reservation in a standard studio was just confirmed for Nov 30th this year! Woo! (I'm renting points via a broker)

So just a few quick questions - I'm sorry if they've been asked before and i'm very grateful for any insight and opinion. :)

1) What, if any, are the differences between a standard studio in Jambo and a standard studio in Kidani?
3) I appreciate there is zero chance we'll have any glimpse of the savannah because we are in a standard room, so what are my choices in terms of requesting a room? Where should I ask for to be as close to the lobby as possible? (I have mobility problems and so minimising walking is a plus for me. I travel with a wheelchair but try to walk a bit in the mornings/evenings so as not to stiffen up from long days in the chair at the parks)

Thanks so much everyone! Just have to keep fingers crossed that the second part of our split stay works out, too! :D xx
Awesome!
Dvc is the 5th floor in Jambo
There is a chance you could get a partial Savannah view so don't give up hope!

We have a handicapped accessible studio booked at Jambo for late Nov, early Dec this year. I noticed savanna view wasn't an option for that type of room. I guess the location of the accessible rooms doesn't allow for a savanna view. Can anyone tell me about the location of the accessible studios at Jambo? It's a room with a roll-in shower. I don't think there's many of them so someone probably knows the exact room we'll be in. I'm just curious what kind of view to expect. We've stayed at Kidani several times but since no kids or grandkids are traveling with us this time, we decided to try Jambo since we just need a studio.

We are in the process of purchasing Animal Kingdom points. We already own at Beach Club but love both resorts. Does anyone know how many people can comfortably sleep in the grand villas? Does Kidani GV sleep more than Jambo? I know that Kidani has a loft with a couch and TV and assume that is a sleeper sofa. Does that mean you can sleep 14 in it or is it still 12?

We have a handicapped accessible studio booked at Jambo for late Nov, early Dec this year. I noticed savanna view wasn't an option for that type of room. I guess the location of the accessible rooms doesn't allow for a savanna view. Can anyone tell me about the location of the accessible studios at Jambo? It's a room with a roll-in shower. I don't think there's many of them so someone probably knows the exact room we'll be in. I'm just curious what kind of view to expect. We've stayed at Kidani several times but since no kids or grandkids are traveling with us this time, we decided to try Jambo since we just need a studio.

I don't actually know but I'd have to reason out that it's going to be a room that looks towards the pool area because those were the only standard view rooms to start out with and it likely is going to be close to the lobby and elevators. Hopefully someone that has been in one or seen it will post the exact info. Maybe @LisaS knows.

We are in the process of purchasing Animal Kingdom points. We already own at Beach Club but love both resorts. Does anyone know how many people can comfortably sleep in the grand villas? Does Kidani GV sleep more than Jambo? I know that Kidani has a loft with a couch and TV and assume that is a sleeper sofa. Does that mean you can sleep 14 in it or is it still 12?

The GV's have the same occupancy. The extra bed is just something that allows a variety of sleeping arrangements but it doesn't increase the occupancy. BLT is the same way - still 12 ppl even though it has an extra bed in the upstairs loft.

1. Kidani studio has more closet space. The Kidani shower and tub is next to, and seeable by someone at, the bathroom sink. The Jambo studio has a separate room with the toilet and tub/shower next to the bathroom sink area.

2. See this map for location of standard rooms at Jambo, studios can be found in all locations: http://i.imgur.com/G2qaSva.png

3. Your post does not definitely state it but it appears you have a Jambo room. The original standands at Jambo were rooms overlooking the pool area. They then converted a number of rooms from savanna to standard view (see map in 2 above) and there are actually now more standard rooms with partial savanna view than pool view. Nevertheless, if you have mobility issues, you likely want to request close to lobby. The walks to end rooms on the wings are quite long.

There is exactly one HA studio in Jambo House. It does have a roll-in shower. KAT is correct, it overlooks the pool area. It is room number 5456, located on the first "spur" off the Zebra Trail, second door on the right after you make the turn down that hallway. You can see the location on this room map: http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5-large.html

The only HA rooms with a roll-in shower and a savanna view are:

5319 1B Sav View Kudu Arusha Roll-in shower, no tub
5483 GV Sav View Zebra Uzima Roll-in shower in master bathroom
6202 1B Concierge Lobby Sunset Roll-in shower, no tub. No kitchen island.

Here is the complete list of HA rooms in Jambo House:

Jambo House HA rooms with a roll-in shower:

Room Size Category Trail View Comments
5456 ST Std View Zebra Pool Roll-in shower
5319 1B Sav View Kudu Arusha Roll-in shower, no tub
5483 GV Sav View Zebra Uzima Roll-in shower in master bathroom
6202 1B Concierge Lobby Sunset Roll-in shower, no tub. No kitchen island.

Jambo House HA rooms with a tub (no roll-in shower):

Room Size Category Trail View Comments
5010 1B Value Giraffe Pool HA room with tub. No kitchen island.
5414 1B Std View Zebra Pool HA room with tub
5205 1B Sav View Lobby Sunset HA room with tub
5431 1B Sav View Zebra Arusha HA room with tub. No kitchen island.
5216 1B Sav View Kudu Sunset HA room with tub
6205 1B Concierge Lobby Sunset HA room with tub. No kitchen island.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter