***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

Here is the complete list of HA rooms in Jambo House:

Jambo House HA rooms with a roll-in shower:

Room Size Category Trail View Comments
5456 ST Std View Zebra Pool Roll-in shower
5319 1B Sav View Kudu Arusha Roll-in shower, no tub
5483 GV Sav View Zebra Uzima Roll-in shower in master bathroom
6202 1B Concierge Lobby Sunset Roll-in shower, no tub. No kitchen island.

Jambo House HA rooms with a tub (no roll-in shower):

5010 1B Value Giraffe Pool HA room with tub. No kitchen island.
5414 1B Std View Zebra Pool HA room with tub
5205 1B Sav View Lobby Sunset HA room with tub
5431 1B Sav View Zebra Arusha HA room with tub. No kitchen island.
5216 1B Sav View Kudu Sunset HA room with tub
6205 1B Concierge Lobby Sunset HA room with tub. No kitchen island.

It really surprised me that DVC didn't do a better job with HA studios of any type at Jambo, ie - have more. Eight 1BR's and only 1 studio!

It really surprised me that DVC didn't do a better job with HA studios of any type at Jambo, ie - have more. Eight 1BR's and only 1 studio!
I feel lucky to have booked it! I did it right at 11 months. I looked a few days later to add days & drop the 1st day after realizing that starting a trip on Monday meant dropping off the dog on Friday...there was nothing available at Jambo, there was at Kidani. I called to make the change, didn't dare try canceling & rebooking online.

Thanks for the replies! I think I'm going to like that location.

There is exactly one HA studio in Jambo House. It does have a roll-in shower. KAT is correct, it overlooks the pool area. It is room number 5456, located on the first "spur" off the Zebra Trail, second door on the right after you make the turn down that hallway. You can see the location on this room map: http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5-large.html

The only HA rooms with a roll-in shower and a savanna view are:

Here is the complete list of HA rooms in Jambo House:

Jambo House HA rooms with a roll-in shower:

5456 ST Std View Zebra Pool Roll-in shower

Jambo House HA rooms with a tub (no roll-in shower):

5010 1B Value Giraffe Pool HA room with tub. No kitchen island.
5414 1B Std View Zebra Pool HA room with tub
5205 1B Sav View Lobby Sunset HA room with tub
5431 1B Sav View Zebra Arusha HA room with tub. No kitchen island.
5216 1B Sav View Kudu Sunset HA room with tub
6205 1B Concierge Lobby Sunset HA room with tub. No kitchen island.
Thanks so much for taking the time to post this info!

I agree. This information came from scrutinizing the floor plans. In a couple of cases (talking about non-HA rooms now) what was built was different from what was in the floor plans. So I always wondered if somewhere in Jambo House they built another HA studio that wasn't in the original plans but I've never read any reports of one.

Any suggestions on room request for AKV Value Studio? Obviously, we want to maximize our chances for a savanna view. This choices are upper floor, lower floor, near lobby, or near elevator.

Thanks!

Any suggestions on room request for AKV Value Studio? Obviously, we want to maximize our chances for a savanna view. This choices are upper floor, lower floor, near lobby, or near elevator.

Thanks!

Hi Amarberry! Are you wait listing for a value room or going through a 3rd party/rental site? Last time I checked the DVC system does not permit requests on value rooms. There just aren't enough of them to allow and everyone would want a savanna view anyway. The Value villas are all in Jambo and all villas in Jambo, with exception to concierge units, are on the 5th floor. You have a 20% chance of getting a parking view, 40% chance of pool and 40% chance of a savanna view. Along with a shorter room, the gamble on room location is part of the deal when saving on points.

Hi Amarberry! Are you wait listing for a value room or going through a 3rd party/rental site? Last time I checked the DVC system does not permit requests on value rooms. There just aren't enough of them to allow and everyone would want a savanna view anyway. The Value villas are all in Jambo and all villas in Jambo, with exception to concierge units, are on the 5th floor. You have a 20% chance of getting a parking view, 40% chance of pool and 40% chance of a savanna view. Along with a shorter room, the gamble on room location is part of the deal when saving on points.
We have a reservation through DVC. I was completing our online check in and those were the room requests that were available. I was aware that the value rooms can be any of the three views that you mentioned which is why I was wondering if there were certain requests that I should make to increase our chances of a savanna or pool view over the parking lot. :)

Kadani, difference between value and standard view is square footage. How big of a difference is the square footage on the studio rooms? Will be 2 adults, 2 children and 1 infant. Will the value room square footage be tight with a pack in play for the infant?

We have a reservation through DVC. I was completing our online check in and those were the room requests that were available. I was aware that the value rooms can be any of the three views that you mentioned which is why I was wondering if there were certain requests that I should make to increase our chances of a savanna or pool view over the parking lot. :)

The problem with the four requests you found with online check-in is that they mean nothing to the value rooms. All value rooms are on the fifth floor, so upper or lower floor is a waste of a request, and all are fairly near elevators. DVC members cannot make location requests through Member Services for value rooms like they can for other rooms and thus there is no specific request you can make that will increase your chances for savanna view. As to online check-in you might try the "Kudo Trail" request option if that request is still listed, since the savanna view values are on the same side of the building as Kudo Trail, but it may not help at all.

Note that the parking lot view rooms are 20% of the values so chances of getting savanna or pool view are high. Also, those parking lot view rooms can hardly see the parking lot because in between the room and the lot are a number of trees and bushes. Some of the pool view value rooms, for which views are partly blocked by a roof overhang that is just below the fifth floor value rooms, are not really better.

Last edited:
Kadani, difference between value and standard view is square footage. How big of a difference is the square footage on the studio rooms? Will be 2 adults, 2 children and 1 infant. Will the value room square footage be tight with a pack in play for the infant?

All studios at both Jambo and Kidani are in the 360 sq ft range except for the values which are closer to 315. It will be tight in the sleeping room with couch pulled out and pack n play but physically doable (emotionally depends on the individuals). You can see the value studio on YouTube by searching for Animal Kingdom Lodge value studio

Last edited:
We are planning to rent points for a standard 2 bedroom at Kindani for our summer 2018 vacation. On our last trip, we requested high floor, near elevator since we would only be there one night. We ended up with a view of the narrow part of the Pembe Savannah. Since so many people request close to lobby and these rooms are quite a walk, we're hoping we can get this view again. Does anyone know what the best thing to request at booking would be? Should I ask for the Pumba section (that is where we were last time) or should I request partial savannah view--are there other standard rooms that have savannah or partial savannah views? Thanks!

We are planning to rent points for a standard 2 bedroom at Kindani for our summer 2018 vacation. On our last trip, we requested high floor, near elevator since we would only be there one night. We ended up with a view of the narrow part of the Pembe Savannah. Since so many people request close to lobby and these rooms are quite a walk, we're hoping we can get this view again. Does anyone know what the best thing to request at booking would be? Should I ask for the Pumba section (that is where we were last time) or should I request partial savannah view--are there other standard rooms that have savannah or partial savannah views? Thanks!

The area you are talking about is the one you want to get savanna view with a standard room. Simply request near the Pumba elevator.

I am sure I read it here, but can not find it now...I thought I read that if staying at Kidani, you could hop on a bus to get to Jambo because it stops there before going to the park and vice versa. Does anyone know what busses these are? Or did I just make it up? lol

I am sure I read it here, but can not find it now...I thought I read that if staying at Kidani, you could hop on a bus to get to Jambo because it stops there before going to the park and vice versa. Does anyone know what busses these are? Or did I just make it up? lol
Used to be Theme Park buses (order was KV > JH > Theme Park), but there have been reports that those are no longer shared within AKV. Disney Springs buses ran in the opposite order (not sure if they are still shared or not).

Bell Services also runs a van between the two buildings.

I would just use the Van. It runs pretty regularly and is quick.

We are looking at renting points for 2018 Marathon weekend and am trying to decide where to stay. DD27 has always wanted to stay at AKV so I am checking out this awesome thread! I think I have an information overload lol! Do the 1 bdrms at Kidani Village really have 2 bathrooms? That would be a bonus since she and I are brining my sister and brother in law on this trip.

We are looking at renting points for 2018 Marathon weekend and am trying to decide where to stay. DD27 has always wanted to stay at AKV so I am checking out this awesome thread! I think I have an information overload lol! Do the 1 bdrms at Kidani Village really have 2 bathrooms? That would be a bonus since she and I are brining my sister and brother in law on this trip.

Yes, Kidani 1BR's have the big master bathroom in the master bedroom and another full bathroom in the living area. :thumbsup2

If I were choosing a 1BR for any stay, the two highest on my list are the ones at Kidani and BLT, because they are larger than many of the others, have the two bathrooms and have the extra pull-out twin size chair in the living room. All the other 1BRs at the WDW resorts haved only one bathroom.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter