***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

We're staying in Kidani Village towards the end of February. We rented points through an agency. We got a standard view because we will be gone from morning to night but would like to be closer to Jambo House to be able to walk over and eat every morning. Can I request that by calling the resort or do I need the agency to have the owner request it? How is the shuttle from Kidani to Jambo? How are the buses to and from the 4 parks from AKL?

We're staying in Kidani Village towards the end of February. We rented points through an agency. We got a standard view because we will be gone from morning to night but would like to be closer to Jambo House to be able to walk over and eat every morning. Can I request that by calling the resort or do I need the agency to have the owner request it? How is the shuttle from Kidani to Jambo? How are the buses to and from the 4 parks from AKL?
Only the owner that made the reservation can add location requests.

The shuttle is really a van and is operated by Bell Services. It runs between the main entrance of both buildings.

Theme Park buses from AKL/AKV don't share with any other resort. Theme park buses typically start at Kidani Village with a stop at Jambo House before heading out to the park. At times they have run dedicated buses from each building in the mornings when busy.

Just to add to Michael's post, the Disney Springs bus stops at Jambo first then to Kidani on the way to the springs. So you have bus to get back.

Thanks for the replies. We haven't stayed here before and I was a little taken back at how large Kidani is!

New AKV owner! Excited for our first DVC stay in a few weeks! Only one night, but its one night there :)

Welcome home! We stayed in a 2BR villa in Kidani last year and we're in a Studio in Jambo House until tomorrow. Both were Savannah views. We absolutely love staying here because of the animals. Where else can you wake up and see a giraffe or zebra outside of your hotel room?!?!?! Also, it's Disney so the theming and service are nothing short of... magical (sorry, I couldn't resist!).

Here was our view on Thursday evening.

Enjoy!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3796.JPG
    IMG_3796.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 15

Just booked Kidani for November. Can't wait to go back, last stayed in Jambo House (2012) but looking forward to the additional space. Either way love AKV.

The van between Kidani and Jambo runs most hours day and evening, just back and forth from front entrance to front entrance and thus typically you can have anywhere from no wait to about 15 minutes for it to come, potentially longer if too many people are waiting for van and thus you have to wait for next trip.

For the shorter walk to Jambo, you need to request the south wing away from the lobby (from those rooms, you can walk down the hall further away from the lobby to the Zazu elevator, down which provides the shortest walk, about 1/4 mile, from the building to Jambo's front entrance.

As to buses be aware that there have been changes made and the full extent has not yet been reported. Since Oct there has been a direct bus between Kidani and MK with no stop at Jambo; that may also be true for DS, as someone reported that both MK and DS now have separate stations for Kidani and Jambo. If true as to DS, it is likely now not possible to do a bus trip from Jambo to Kidani as the DS bus was the only one that stopped at Jambo first.

Hi friends!

I planned a spur-of-the-moment trip for early April (well, as spur of the moment as you can get with DVC points). Traveling party is me, my husband, our BIL, SIL and 6-year-old nephew. We were choosing between a 1-bedroom savanna view and a 2-bedroom standard view at Kidani. We will have beds for everyone in the one-bedroom (SIL/BIL on the pullout couch and nephew on the pullout chair) and the really cool view (which I thought the nephew would really get a kick out of), or more room and a (probably) terrible view.

Our rationale for picking the one-bedroom was we probably won't spend a ton of time in the room, so we could save points and have the better view. But now I'm panicking and second-guessing myself. Anyone have any thoughts? Have you done five people in a one-bedroom at Kidani?

Hi friends!

I planned a spur-of-the-moment trip for early April (well, as spur of the moment as you can get with DVC points). Traveling party is me, my husband, our BIL, SIL and 6-year-old nephew. We were choosing between a 1-bedroom savanna view and a 2-bedroom standard view at Kidani. We will have beds for everyone in the one-bedroom (SIL/BIL on the pullout couch and nephew on the pullout chair) and the really cool view (which I thought the nephew would really get a kick out of), or more room and a (probably) terrible view.

Our rationale for picking the one-bedroom was we probably won't spend a ton of time in the room, so we could save points and have the better view. But now I'm panicking and second-guessing myself. Anyone have any thoughts? Have you done five people in a one-bedroom at Kidani?

Hi Missy :)

I'd go with the savanna view 1br unit, but that's because I consider a balcony with a view to be my get away place with my morning coffee. I've had a standard views before and decided that while watching the magical express buses come and go was interesting, it was a bitter sweet view.

Really though, my questions to you are: 1) who gets up first in the morning? If your Brother's family is up first, there's no issues with walking in on them sleeping to make that morning coffee. and 2) Are they young enough to just be happy to be there and not complain about a sleeper sofa as their bed? :)

Last edited:
Really though, my questions to you are: 1) who gets up first in the morning? If your Brother's family is up first, there's no issues with walking in on them sleeping to make that morning coffee. and 2) Are they young enough to just be happy to be there and not complain about a sleeper sofa as their bed?
1. We'll both be up pretty early (my husband and I aren't usually rope drop people, except when we have guests with us).

2. Yeah, I was pleased to see it's a queen-sized pullout couch. Since we're footing the bill for the resort, I'm not terribly concerned about putting them on the pullout.

I guess I was just panicking that it would somehow feel too cramped. It's probably irrational because my first instinct was the one-bedroom. And we've done four adults in a BLT one-bedroom before.

Hi friends!

Having the 2 bathrooms in the Kidani 1BR make it much easier to do with 5. I really like to try for real beds for everyone but I wouldn't worry too much about 5 at Kidani in a 1BR especially if not a lot of time will be spent in the room. The tricky part can be that the living room is a bedroom and will the schedules be ok but that sounds like it should work out.

We are hoping to stay AKV 2 br Dec 2017. It is not out home resort, but our friends have children who would love the animal theme. What is the likelihood of getting in at the 7 mo mark? Thanks! (first week of dec )

My boyfriend and I are looking at renting DVC Points for our planned trip in 2019 (Far away but we are excited nonetheless!!), and we were just wondering if you do rent DVC points, are you placed in Kidani or Jambo, or is there DVC in both. We were looking at renting a studio....
We are just a little confused on that and couldn't find an answer... Thank you!!

My boyfriend and I are looking at renting DVC Points for our planned trip in 2019 (Far away but we are excited nonetheless!!), and we were just wondering if you do rent DVC points, are you placed in Kidani or Jambo, or is there DVC in both. We were looking at renting a studio....
We are just a little confused on that and couldn't find an answer... Thank you!!

There is DVC in both and you would tell the owner which you want booked.

Hi! We are thinking about renting points for a standard view studio in August. 2 adults, 2 boys(age 8 and 5)

My husband used to go to Disney every other year as a kid back in the days before moderates, values, and DVC. He is used to being on the monorail. I am trying to convince him that we should save money by renting points and staying at AKV. I think I've won the renting points part of the debate but he loves the monorail so he's pushing for spending more to stay at BLT. He just hates the idea of taking a bus everywhere. We will be spending the most time at MK and Epcot since those parks have the most things my kids want to do. I would rather save some money and stay in the beautiful setting of AKV.

So I have a few questions and I'm hoping the answers will convince him.

1. How is the bus service to all the parks? Does AKL/AKV share with any other resorts? How many stops does the bus take within the resort?

2. Will a studio be enough room for a family of 4. DH is used to the rooms at the Poly(where his family always stayed) and the Contemporary(where we stayed for our last 2 trips) I can deal with a smaller room or my kids. Boys will happily share a sofa bed. They've done it before...DH's the pain.

3. If we don't book a savannah view room, are there viewing areas in the lobby or elsewhere on the property?

4. Is this all just a pipe dream? Are there typically standard studios available towards the end of August? We won't know until the end of Jan if DH can get the time off.

Thank you advance for your help!!!!!

Thank you Kathy!

One other thing - Besides the differences between the two buildings the studio bathroom layout is a little different between the two. At Jambo there are 2 sinks outside of the toilet/tub/shower room. At Kidani you walk into the bathroom to the sink and tub/shower and there is a sectioned off toilet room within that room.

Hi! We are thinking about renting points for a standard view studio in August. 2 adults, 2 boys(age 8 and 5)

My husband used to go to Disney every other year as a kid back in the days before moderates, values, and DVC. He is used to being on the monorail. I am trying to convince him that we should save money by renting points and staying at AKV. I think I've won the renting points part of the debate but he loves the monorail so he's pushing for spending more to stay at BLT. He just hates the idea of taking a bus everywhere. We will be spending the most time at MK and Epcot since those parks have the most things my kids want to do. I would rather save some money and stay in the beautiful setting of AKV.

So I have a few questions and I'm hoping the answers will convince him.

1. How is the bus service to all the parks? Does AKL/AKV share with any other resorts? How many stops does the bus take within the resort?

We have always found the bus service to be good. MK is the furthest away and the couple of times I've timed it it took slightly over 20 minutes but that was getting onto the bus at Kidani and a stop at Jambo. Most recent reports are that Kidani and Jambo now have their own MK bus. I'm not certain if it's split for the other parks too or not. The bus ride to AK is of course very quick and DHS and Epcot are fairly similar as other resorts.

2. Will a studio be enough room for a family of 4. DH is used to the rooms at the Poly(where his family always stayed) and the Contemporary(where we stayed for our last 2 trips) I can deal with a smaller room or my kids. Boys will happily share a sofa bed. They've done it before...DH's the pain.

Can't really answer that but AKV will be much better as BLT is the smallest of the DVC studios and you'd have a problem there I guarantee. :laughing: But though the AKV studios are larger than BLT they are smaller than the CR or Poly rooms - those two are fairly supersized for Disney.

3. If we don't book a savannah view room, are there viewing areas in the lobby or elsewhere on the property?

Yes, there are lots of other places to view the animals. If you booked a standard view studio at Jambo you could have a good chance to get a partial savannah view - some of the poorer savannah views were reclassified to standard view there. And if you didn't get that you'd have a room looking towards the pool area. Kidani also has a few standard view that are partial savannah views but they are fewer and the rest of the standard view there look towards the parking areas or front of the resort.

4. Is this all just a pipe dream? Are there typically standard studios available towards the end of August? We won't know until the end of Jan if DH can get the time off.

I would not expect it to be a problem for you to get a standard view at AKV - the end of August is a slower booking time for all of DVC.

Thank you advance for your help!!!!!

Pls see my responses within your quote and good luck with your planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter