• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

Trying to figure out parking at Kidani. Trying to request one of the standard 2 bedroom with the partial Savannah view and am aware of the loooong walk to transportation that is often mentioned. If we will have a car, will we be able to park closer to that end of the wing if we should get a room there? Thanks for any help!

Yes, there is still parking under that section or very close.

The Kidani under-building parking runs almost throughout the entire building. On the north side there are standard views that used to be savanna views near the Pumba elevator in the sixth building pod from the lobby, and the under-building parking goes on as far as the eighth building pod. No matter where you are in the building, you can always find a parking space somewhat close to your room.

Thank you for the replies! My cousins badly want to try to get the partial Savannah view ( it's their first trip with their kids)! Since we will have a car there that will make it much easier to get placed way down yonder lol!

Would anyone be able to check availability for me? We are looking to rent points but I want to play with a few dates before I sending in a request (and money) for a reservation. We are wanting AK savanna studio, Jambo preferred, 4/20/17-4/26/17 or 4/21/17-4/26/17. Any help would phenomenally appreciated!!!

Would anyone be able to check availability for me? We are looking to rent points but I want to play with a few dates before I sending in a request (and money) for a reservation. We are wanting AK savanna studio, Jambo preferred, 4/20/17-4/26/17 or 4/21/17-4/26/17. Any help would phenomenally appreciated!!!

It's against the DIS board rules to check for availability.

However, as it would happen, I am going at that time and have been considering options to switch and know that the last time I checked the savannah view studios were open at both Jambo and Kidani. That can change at any time and until you get your request in and room booked it could book. But, since that is a generally slow time for DVC it's likely to remain open for awhile.

If you are planning to go, you likely want to find an AKV owner who can book now rather than waiting until 7 months out when owners of any resort can reserve. Typically that time of year Jambo savanna view is open weeks beyond the 7 month window, but you have two events next year that raise a serious issue. First, Easter week is late next year, with Easter on April 16. Usually, you can get a Jambo savanna view 7 months out for Easter week but that requires booking 7 months out from Easter. Since someone with an Easter day start date can book up to seven nights, and since Sun through Thurs night are your lower point nights of the week, what can happen, even if something is open 7 months out from Easter, is that those having a Mon through Thurs start date may find those filled by persons booking 7 months out from Easter. Thus, particularly your suggesteed 4/20 start date is at risk of being gone by 7 months out, because it is Easter week.

Then, you have an even more significant event. The Star Wars Dark Side half marathon has been set to occur during the weekend after Easter. That is one of the two highest DVC demand times that exist between mid-Jan and late Sep (higher than Easter week or July 4 time) . The other one is the Princess half marathon weekend in late February. Persons coming for a race weekend often arrive on Thursday. That means savanna view at Jambo has a real risk of being gone before 7 months out for Thursday, April 20, because of the combination of Easter reservations and marathon weekend reservations, and the Friday to Sunday, April 21-23, has a risk of being reserved before 7 months out because of the race weekend.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for all your help and advice!! I think we will just bite the bullet and book now versus waiting to make sure we get what we want. We will be running the Dark Side Half that weekend!

I am so excited we are new DVC members and had 40 2014 points that we were going to lose, so we decided to book a last minute trip! I tried renting them out with no success. I got lucky and got Club Level for 1 night on Labor Day weekend! What should I request for a room? It is a 1 bedroom Club Level. We will not have a car so a view plus not a big walk to lobby/transportation would be great. Also, we got AKL Kidani 1 bedroom Standard view the second night and I am overwhelmed by reading suggestions on rooms. I would like to be close to the pool, lobby, an elevator, and the bus stops, and it looks like all of those things are not possible at the same time? If I booked a standard view, I will not get a pool or Savannah view, correct? What floor should we request also? i need to call today to request. I can't believe we are doing this so last minute as I am a planner! I haven't even figured out if we are going to go to a park one day or hang out at the resort. Are both pools open at AKL currently? So excited!

I am so excited we are new DVC members and had 40 2014 points that we were going to lose, so we decided to book a last minute trip! I tried renting them out with no success. I got lucky and got Club Level for 1 night on Labor Day weekend! What should I request for a room? It is a 1 bedroom Club Level. We will not have a car so a view plus not a big walk to lobby/transportation would be great. Also, we got AKL Kidani 1 bedroom Standard view the second night and I am overwhelmed by reading suggestions on rooms. I would like to be close to the pool, lobby, an elevator, and the bus stops, and it looks like all of those things are not possible at the same time? If I booked a standard view, I will not get a pool or Savannah view, correct? What floor should we request also? i need to call today to request. I can't believe we are doing this so last minute as I am a planner! I haven't even figured out if we are going to go to a park one day or hang out at the resort. Are both pools open at AKL currently? So excited!

Very cool that you snagged a club room so close to the date. You'll love both Jambo and Kidani.

The DVC club rooms are all along the Jambo lobby up on the 6th floor. They don't give the best views as they'll be either of the pool/rooftop or savanna/peoplepens. They do provide you with easy access to the elevators and are close to the pool and the bus stop which is a small walk out the front door or gift shop. From my understanding, like with the value room, requests are not honored for club rooms as there are so few units to start with.

For the second night your options sound like they're a bit more open. Standard view rooms at Kidani are either roadway/entrance, pool, or there are a few views of the savanna near the pool and some much, much further out along a small strip of savannah. (Personally, I find those areas to be weeds with only the local animals: bunnies, birds...)

My standard room preference at Kidani is the view of the entrance. Love the lights, and watching the ME buses come and go :) That puts me right near the buses and the pool. I can't complain.

Last edited:
We have a stay at Kidani late November. My dad received a letter stating major renovations at the resort. What exactly are they working on? Soft goods or are we talking entire floors under construction? I tried searching this thread but never have luck with the search feature on here. Thanks in advance!

We have a stay at Kidani late November. My dad received a letter stating major renovations at the resort. What exactly are they working on? Soft goods or are we talking entire floors under construction? I tried searching this thread but never have luck with the search feature on here. Thanks in advance!
Soft goods.

I loved those sheers! Spent a lot of time looking at them. ::yes:: I loved the carpet too with the not so hidden Mickey's. I miss the darker colors too. Out of all the resorts AKV was the one that I doubt I could have listed anything I would have changed - until now. :rolleyes:

Same. Why do they want to make everything so plain vanilla now? I loved the darker colors; not a fan of the white walls.

I have a 1br savanna view for next month. I'm hoping for a room with a view of the savanna with giraffes. does anyone know the room numbers with this view? If we were to get the text to go straight to our room I'm wondering if there's a way to know immediately if we are on that side. Thank you.

I have a 1br savanna view for next month. I'm hoping for a room with a view of the savanna with giraffes. does anyone know the room numbers with this view? If we were to get the text to go straight to our room I'm wondering if there's a way to know immediately if we are on that side. Thank you.
We're also going next month---- I just did online check-in and the options have changed! there's no place to put in the request for a specific savannah- at least not that I've found.
Sounds like we both want Sunset savannah- that's the one with the giraffes.

Anyhow, does anyone know if they've recently changed the room request options? Or am I in the wrong area?

I didn't see an option for that. I'm hoping that if I get the text, I'll be able to tell by the room number so if it's not that side, I can go to the desk and ask if there is another room available.

Jambo House or Kidani Village? If on-line check-in does not have the view option that meet your desires, call MS to have them noted on your reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter