• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The New Caribbean Beach FAQ Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all for posting pictures. I am so excited just 82 Days to go seems like forever. :surfweb:

Hey everyone,

Will be arriving at CBR in 38 days! Since I will be taking lots of photos anyways...Im wondering if people want a live photo-request thread? Just wanna help people that have questions or want to see certain things.

What do you think?

Can anyone who has stayed in a refurbished room with a murphy bed let me know what kind of storage space there is? I don't like to live out of a suitcase when we are on vacation so I unpack everything. I know the one "set of drawers" is actually the cabinet with the fridge. So is there only one real set of drawers? It looks like there are small drawers under the bench/murphy bed, do they hold much? Any other drawers that clothes can be put in that I'm not seeing in the pictures?
TIA

Yes, can't find the calendar either.

I'm only seeing the October schedule at my usual source. Here's the November movie schedule though:

7 PM - By the Feature Pool

Sundays – Mary Poppins
Mondays – Sleeping Beauty
Tuesdays – Hercules
Wednesdays – Finding Nemo
Thursdays – Wreck-It Ralph
Fridays – Monsters University
Saturdays – The Incredibles

Hey everyone,

Will be arriving at CBR in 38 days! Since I will be taking lots of photos anyways...Im wondering if people want a live photo-request thread? Just wanna help people that have questions or want to see certain things.

What do you think?

Could you take the playgrounds please?
And anything new in the store?
Especially ladies shoes - flip flops crocs etc?

Yay ! Thank you x

Oh my word! I didn't realize that we were so close to hitting the 250 page mark. I am willing to start a new thread if nobody else wants to.

Oh my word! I didn't realize that we were so close to hitting the 250 page mark. I am willing to start a new thread if nobody else wants to.

Thanks, I was going to nominate you, mainly as one of the most experienced with this resort.

Funny, but having read this thread since I joined in June (and mostly your posts and trip report), I now feel able to answer so many of the questions that pop up AND I HAVEN'T EVEN STAYED THERE YET!!! still 40 days out...getting close...but not close enough!!!!

So yes, take over if he isn't back..you are very knowledgeable.

Hey everyone, Will be arriving at CBR in 38 days! Since I will be taking lots of photos anyways...Im wondering if people want a live photo-request thread? Just wanna help people that have questions or want to see certain things. What do you think?

Yes Please!!!!

Thanks, I was going to nominate you, mainly as one of the most experienced with this resort.

Funny, but having read this thread since I joined in June (and mostly your posts and trip report), I now feel able to answer so many of the questions that pop up AND I HAVEN'T EVEN STAYED THERE YET!!! still 40 days out...getting close...but not close enough!!!!

So yes, take over if he isn't back..you are very knowledgeable.

I'll keep an eye on the thread to see if dansdad makes it back in time to start a new one. In the meantime, I'll go ahead and work on gathering pictures, etc. just in case.

Hey guys, going home tomorrow and wondering how much to tip bell services for picking up my luggage. Is there a set fee or just a top?

Can anyone who has stayed in a refurbished room with a murphy bed let me know what kind of storage space there is? I don't like to live out of a suitcase when we are on vacation so I unpack everything. I know the one "set of drawers" is actually the cabinet with the fridge. So is there only one real set of drawers? It looks like there are small drawers under the bench/murphy bed, do they hold much? Any other drawers that clothes can be put in that I'm not seeing in the pictures?
TIA

DSC06224.JPG

The chest that you see here in the picture nearest the camera has two drawers that are very deep... I could put multiple laptops, tablets, cords, cameras, chargers, etc. in one. My hubby put some of his clothes in the other one. Over the week I kept adding to what I put in the drawer and it never got full. If you are familiar with the size of refrigerators in the rooms at Disney (dorm room size), the ones in these rooms at CBR are encased in a cabinet just a bit larger than the fridge. The chest with 2 drawers is the same size (width/height) as the cabinet that holds the fridge at the other end of the Murphy bed. So, the two drawers are splitting that space in half...very deep and spacious drawers.

In addition to these two very large drawers, there are three smaller (but not terribly small) drawers under the Murphy bed). There's a good bit of storage. There is also space on a shelf under the vanity to place toiletries or shoes, etc. And, of course, we put a lot of things on the shelf over the clothes hanging rod.

Hope this helps you plan... be glad to answer any other questions you have.

pixiedust:

I hope Dansdad is ok, doesn't seem like anyone has heard from him. But, it would be great if you could take it over. I have learned so much from this site. I thank everyone for all of their help. I leave for disney in 10 days, but would still love to keep up with this thread. :thumbsup2

question about the laundry rooms at CBR...do they take quarters or do you need a credit card...the laundry room at POFQ you needed a credit or debit card...first time i had seen that and felt silly standing there with that big handfull of quarters...lol...thanks for any info!

twocee said:
question about the laundry rooms at CBR...do they take quarters or do you need a credit card...the laundry room at POFQ you needed a credit or debit card...first time i had seen that and felt silly standing there with that big handfull of quarters...lol...thanks for any info!

As of last week it was still quarters as someone reported back who was staying there. They are switching them all over to card readers though, so don't know how much longer that will last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter