The New Caribbean Beach FAQ Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats so awesome..

btw, saw where your from.... fellow Gryphon?

Got that right, we can claim the gryphon as our own!! Hubby is actually going to be teaching there the day after we get home :( our daughter graduated in May and is now going to Conestoga.

Bugs ... not enough of a problem to need spray, seen lots of cute salamander s though!! Hubby is in a hammock reading while I try to cool off a bit. The glasses are covered but would take us the better part of the day to deal with so I'll just deal. Brought a 2 2nd pair that I'm not gonna let stray too far !!!

Yes, on MDE under room reservations it says room type and gives you all of the codes for your room type and at the very end mine says 2Q BPD

reservation2_zpsedd4b4b1.jpg

This is a screen shot of my current reservation. Is your "2Q BPD" in the red circled area? Thank you so much!

7 Days!!! :yay::cheer2::dance3:

For those currently there or who have been recently, how are the bugs? Do I need to bring bug spray?

We are on our way home after 11 days there and you do not need bug spray. We brought it expecting we'd need it and it never left the suitcase. I was surprised there were never any bugs around.

reservation2_zpsedd4b4b1.jpg

This is a screen shot of my current reservation. Is your "2Q BPD" in the red circled area? Thank you so much!

Remember...just because your room type says "standard room" doesn't necessarily mean that you won't get a Murphy bed. At the time of your reservation, you weren't able to select a Murphy bed as a choice, so it's not going to show up in your reservation. However, you may still get a Murphy bed. There are no guarantees, but you could definity call and add that to your room requests. It never hurts to ask;)

10 more days til our first stay at CBR! Thanks everyone for all the shared experiences and great tips - they have answered so many questions! :banana:

10 more days til our first stay at CBR! Thanks everyone for all the shared experiences and great tips - they have answered so many questions! :banana:

We will be arriving the day before you.:cool1: This is also our first time at CBR. I am so excited. I agree with you , this site as been so great. Our first two visits were at POR and we really enjoyed it, but since it was excluded from the free dining promotion, we decided to give CB a try. I don't think we will be disappointed. I started packing tonight and I can hardly contain my excitement. I hope you have a great time too:yay::banana::thumbsup2

We will be arriving the day before you.:cool1: This is also our first time at CBR. I am so excited. I agree with you , this site as been so great. Our first two visits were at POR and we really enjoyed it, but since it was excluded from the free dining promotion, we decided to give CB a try. I don't think we will be disappointed. I started packing tonight and I can hardly contain my excitement. I hope you have a great time too:yay::banana::thumbsup2
Thank You so much! I hope you do as well. We stayed at POR last year and absolutely loved it so I am hoping for the same experience at CBR!

Okay let's try this:

That's what mine looks like.

Mine looks so boring next to yours! (Water view, wheelchair accessible, tub, optional handrail, 2 queen, & a pull down bed?)

Remember...just because your room type says "standard room" doesn't necessarily mean that you won't get a Murphy bed. At the time of your reservation, you weren't able to select a Murphy bed as a choice, so it's not going to show up in your reservation. However, you may still get a Murphy bed. There are no guarantees, but you could definity call and add that to your room requests. It never hurts to ask;)

Thank you! I don't need a Murphy bed this time around. It's just DH & me. We have 3 kids so I would need one for future trips. I just wanted to make sure I was looking at the right area.

Mine looks so boring next to yours! (Water view, wheelchair accessible, tub, optional handrail, 2 queen, & a pull down bed?)

Thank you! I don't need a Murphy bed this time around. It's just DH & me. We have 3 kids so I would need one for future trips. I just wanted to make sure I was looking at the right area.

Yeah they wanted to guarantee that we have 1st floor because of mobility issues and lack of elevators. I'm hoping my 4 yr old will use it because Momma wants her own bed and Gran & Papaw won't share with her! lol

Hi,

Here now. Not sure if the renovations have been updated. They are still working on Barbados but they have started the non preferred section of Martinique as well. The big trash bin is behind Bldg 24 and there are signs in the windows of a blue bldg in the 21-23 area. (I'm not sure on which number it is but I saw the window signs as we were driving in from MK tonight.)

For those of you that are there now, or those of you that have been 1st week in November. How is the weather? We are having to change our dates for 2015. We were scheduled for Oct. 18-25, but I have a work conflict ibjustvfound out about. So my question to all of you. Do we go in sept.? I'm thinking way to hot for me. I'm thinking first week of November but DH want it warm enough to swim. Soo is it warm enough to swim in November?

Thanks in advance

I have heard that they may take a break from the refurbishments over the holidays, and that they won't start the work on the preferred rooms until January. If anyone can find out any info on that I would be very appreciative.

Anyone remember me saying how quiet our room WAS, was being the important word ? Yeah, well I guess we got new neighbours. Today the cleaning staff also think it's a great idea to wash the walkway outside our room .... that involves some massive machine!!! I guess most people are up and around before 9:00

We're leaving soon and have about 3/4 of a bottle of French Vanilla liquid Coffeemate. Hubby wonders if anyone would like to have it, helps make the coffee a tad easier to drink !!!! We can meet up at Port Royale.:thumbsup2

I have heard that they may take a break from the refurbishments over the holidays, and that they won't start the work on the preferred rooms until January. If anyone can find out any info on that I would be very appreciative.

When they first started the refurb last May, we were there and they did not work on Memorial Day. Not sure if they will work over the holidays or not but I know that they didn't on that one.

After someone pointed out that this thread had almost reached it's 250 page limit, I started working on putting together the next Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ thread.

I am a "visual" person and like to see pictures of anything and everything so the new thread will include pictures of just about anything and everything that pertains to the resort. :rotfl: If I am remembering correctly, I have twenty information and picture posts to get the thread started and will reserve at least two more spots for additional information and pictures.

It will take me a little while to get everything posted and it may look a little rough at first but I'll get it polished up after it's all said and done. Of course, I'll post the link here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter