The New Caribbean Beach FAQ Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
7 Days!!! :yay::cheer2::dance3:

For those currently there or who have been recently, how are the bugs? Do I need to bring bug spray?

We are on our way home after 11 days there and you do not need bug spray. We brought it expecting we'd need it and it never left the suitcase. I was surprised there were never any bugs around.

Actually, that all depends on where you are in the resort. We returned from 9 days at CBR this past Saturday. From our rooms or walking around the resort, I never had a problem with bugs. But, I spent one evening on Jamaica beach with my daughter, lounging in the hammock and playing in the sand, and afterwards had a number of bites on my ankles and feet. This was a problem for me as they rubbed in my shoes and itched the rest of the week. I either recommend spraying or staying off the beach in the evening! ;) Hope you have a great trip, BStew!!

DSC06583.JPG

pixiedust:

After someone pointed out that this thread had almost reached it's 250 page limit, I started working on putting together the next Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ thread.

I am a "visual" person and like to see pictures of anything and everything so the new thread will include pictures of just about anything and everything that pertains to the resort. :rotfl: If I am remembering correctly, I have twenty information and picture posts to get the thread started and will reserve at least two more spots for additional information and pictures.

I peeked...it is looking good so far...I agree that visuals work so well. I have liked that I can always go to the first page of this thread to find most the info I might need (park map, photos of rooms, etc.)

I will hold my tongue about the monstrosity that is Comic Sans :)

And I almost posted a Simpsons joke in that thread, the "Please do not post in this thread" made me want to post "ok" like Homer does in the "Please do Not Write in This Box" on forms...but restrained myself.

After someone pointed out that this thread had almost reached it's 250 page limit, I started working on putting together the next Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ thread.

I am a "visual" person and like to see pictures of anything and everything so the new thread will include pictures of just about anything and everything that pertains to the resort. :rotfl: If I am remembering correctly, I have twenty information and picture posts to get the thread started and will reserve at least two more spots for additional information and pictures.

It will take me a little while to get everything posted and it may look a little rough at first but I'll get it polished up after it's all said and done. Of course, I'll post the link here.

Thank you so much for taking on this task. I know it is a lot of work!

I do not post often, but have really enjoyed reading this thread, and learning about CBR. My family of 5 who has always stayed at POR is looking forward to staying at CBR once it becomes available to book for 5 people.

I have heard that they may take a break from the refurbishments over the holidays, and that they won't start the work on the preferred rooms until January. If anyone can find out any info on that I would be very appreciative.

I wouldn't be surprised since they are generally booked close to 100% capacity (at all resorts) around the holidays. So I doubt they want to have any rooms "offline" for that period.

I peeked...it is looking good so far...I agree that visuals work so well. I have liked that I can always go to the first page of this thread to find most the info I might need (park map, photos of rooms, etc.)

A person can talk all day long about what something looks like but I wanna see pictures.

I will hold my tongue about the monstrosity that is Comic Sans :)

I work in the legal field and have to type in Times New Roman or Arial all day long so when I come to the Dis, I like to change it up.

And I almost posted a Simpsons joke in that thread, the "Please do not post in this thread" made me want to post "ok" like Homer does in the "Please do Not Write in This Box" on forms...but restrained myself.

:rotfl:

Thank you so much for taking on this task. I know it is a lot of work!

I do not post often, but have really enjoyed reading this thread, and learning about CBR. My family of 5 who has always stayed at POR is looking forward to staying at CBR once it becomes available to book for 5 people.

It took me a while but I finally got it posted.

Hopefully, you'll be able to book the CBR soon!

I wouldn't be surprised since they are generally booked close to 100% capacity (at all resorts) around the holidays. So I doubt they want to have any rooms "offline" for that period.
That completely makes sense. I have a preferred room booked but I'd rather have a refurbished one : (
DH is 6'3" and would really prefer a queen bed!
Should I call now or wait until closer to the date (dec 15) and fax/beg?

That completely makes sense. I have a preferred room booked but I'd rather have a refurbished one : (
DH is 6'3" and would really prefer a queen bed!
Should I call now or wait until closer to the date (dec 15) and fax/beg?

I would call to see if you can downgrade to standard or waterview, then on the online check in select a refurbed island (Aruba, Jamaica, Barbados) ...wait ont he fax until 5 days out...at least that's what everyone suggests on teh fax.

mickeystoontown said:
The "New" Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ Thread is open and ready for business.

Here's the link:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=52583841#post52583841

I haven't posted pictures of the newly refurbed rooms with the pull down bed yet as I was waiting for permission to use them.

I am also in need of a picture of the marshmallow roast if anybody has some.

I have a picture of the marshmallow roast. Let me find it!

Kind of sad to be closing up shop here, turning off the lights and moving over there...this thread started up right about the same time we had moved our date to go from POP to CBR and get free Dining, and has been a place to come almost daily since to get excited for the trip.

The "New" Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ Thread is open and ready for business.

Here's the link:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=52583841#post52583841

I haven't posted pictures of the newly refurbed rooms with the pull down bed yet as I was waiting for permission to use them.

I am also in need of a picture of the marshmallow roast if anybody has some.

I am hoping you got my note with my permission to use my pictures. I have had my computer act a little crazy over the past few days, but you are more than welcome to use them.

pixiedust:

I am hoping you got my note with my permission to use my pictures. I have had my computer act a little crazy over the past few days, but you are more than welcome to use them.

pixiedust:

I didn't get an email notification so I'm glad that you posted. I'll get them posted over on the new FAQ thread. Thanks!

Yes, on MDE under room reservations it says room type and gives you all of the codes for your room type and at the very end mine says 2Q BPD

Mine just says "standard view," with no other details. I requested Aruba or Jamaica, the buildings nearest the bridge. Any other suggestions to see what it is?

Also, there was never any opportunity to request a specific building. It allowed me to choose "Aruba Village" or "Jamaica Village," but no specific building. Do I have to fax for that to work, or should there be the opportunity to do that now (we have 42 days to go).

I agree with other posters... you all ROCK! We owe our first vacation (just Hubby and me) after our daughter had a traumatic brain injury in the spring. Thank you for helping us to have a relaxing, enjoyable, PEACEful vacation!

:confused3

Mine just says "standard view," with no other details. I requested Aruba or Jamaica, the buildings nearest the bridge. Any other suggestions to see what it is?

Also, there was never any opportunity to request a specific building. It allowed me to choose "Aruba Village" or "Jamaica Village," but no specific building. Do I have to fax for that to work, or should there be the opportunity to do that now (we have 42 days to go).

I agree with other posters... you all ROCK! We owe our first vacation (just Hubby and me) after our daughter had a traumatic brain injury in the spring. Thank you for helping us to have a relaxing, enjoyable, PEACEful vacation!

:confused3

Yes, you can't select a specific building in the online check in, but you can request a village. Specific buildings need to be called or faxed in...but wait until close to the trip to fax int he request.

Thanks so much to the thread starters and keepers as well as all who have shared information and trip reports and pictures. Hopping on over to the next thread :-)

Thanks Dandad! Thanks Mickeystoontown! Thanks contributors of pictures and information! You have successfully spread the magic! :D :yay:::yes::

15 minutes maximum on bus (Hollywood studios and Epcot less than this). I would plan an extra 30 minutes to be on the safe side though. My experience of waiting times at CBR was very good. Have a great time :)
. Great advise. Here now and having a great time! Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter