The *NEW* 2008 SWAN & DOLPHIN Resort Information Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing w/the Swan and Dolphin is that most of the views are nice. Sure, there are parking lot/dumpster views at every resort. With the S/D having so many floors and being higher up, even with a parking lot view, off in the distance so much can be seen!

We had an excellent view of Epcot/Spaceship Earth back in 2002. It was room number 6025, east wing and we had a balcony! It was great watching the fireworks from Illuminations in our PJ's when we were just too tired to stay at the park and watch them. Back then Tapestry of Dreams was still running and depending on which way the wind was blowing we could hear the music from the parade, and see the very tip-top of some of the costumes! What a great trip that was, loaded with wonderful memories that we'll always cherish.

dolphin625east.jpg

feb02dolphinview2.jpg

MOM POPPINS:
:love: :flower3: :cheer2: :yay: :banana: :goodvibes :surfweb:

Thanks so much for starting a new "NEW!" thread!

Blondie~ Our Dolphin room was just above your 6025. We were 80(26 or 25 I think). Two floors up with a balcony, too. Your picture brought back our wonderful memories of watching Illuminations on the balcony, too.

We, also, stayed in the Jr. Suite at the Swan (I was looking at your pictures from your stay in 2004). We were in the other wing, overlooking the entrance to the Swan from the boat docks. We had the 4 windows (not a porthole) and a balcony. Another awesome stay!

Thanks for the memories...:goodvibes

We have not been back since 2005. I am dreaming of a 2008 July or August trip. :love:

Christine~We were posting our sighs and memories over Blondie's picture almost simultaneously! :)

Mom Poppins and Blondie . . .
THANK YOU!! I don't know if I have seen a thread with such great detail!! We are very seriously interested in the Dolphin for our Aug. '08 trip and this is enormously helpful!! You guys are the best! :love:
Rate and Ressie questions: It seems from the links online that they are not yet taking ressies for mid-Aug yet. Will they take them if I call? I am interested in the teacher discount . . . I have an employee ID and a copy of my current certification but due to being on an extended leave, I don't have any recent pay stubs. Will they accept what I have?

Mom Poppins and Blondie . . .
THANK YOU!! I don't know if I have seen a thread with such great detail!! We are very seriously interested in the Dolphin for our Aug. '08 trip and this is enormously helpful!! You guys are the best! :love:
Rate and Ressie questions: It seems from the links online that they are not yet taking ressies for mid-Aug yet. Will they take them if I call? I am interested in the teacher discount . . . I have an employee ID and a copy of my current certification but due to being on an extended leave, I don't have any recent pay stubs. Will they accept what I have?

I just tried and can pull up the teacher rates for next August. The "Government Employee" tab is also the teacher rate. :yay: Appears to be $159+tax.

You don't need a recent pay stub. An ID or certificate will work. No worries! :)

Several pictures, specifically Swan/Dolphin, I pulled from the resorts photo thread I have linked in my signature below. A few of them are views to the distance from various rooms. I have taken these over the past years, so keep in mind some of the decorating, lobbies, etc, may have changed some. If you ask me....east/ west, what floor, room number, I will plead the :confused3 as I really can't recall. I do know however, that the resort is wonderful, I really enjoy it there.

Resorts-013.jpg

Resorts-015.jpg

Resorts-016.jpg

Resorts-017.jpg

Resorts-019.jpg

Resorts-022.jpg

Resorts-024.jpg

Resorts-026.jpg

Resorts-031.jpg

Resorts-032.jpg

Resorts-044.jpg

Resorts-047.jpg

Resorts-048.jpg

Resorts-049.jpg

I just tried and can pull up the teacher rates for next August. The "Government Employee" tab is also the teacher rate. :yay: Appears to be $159+tax.

You don't need a recent pay stub. An ID or certificate will work. No worries! :)

Thanks Laura! What website/link did you use for this?

Thanks Laura! What website/link did you use for this?

Just click on the top of this page (where it says "Official Sponsor Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin"). Should bring up a page where the top right will say "check availability". Choose either Swan or Dolphin. Let us know if that works for you! :)

Edited to add: Click on "special rate plan" to pull up the Government/Teacher rates!

Thank you once again Laura for the info -- for some reason, I kept missing the "special rate plans" option!

Does anyone know if you can ever get any other discounts in addition to the Teacher/Gov't rate? Does it benefit to become an SPG member? Thanks!

Thank you once again Laura for the info -- for some reason, I kept missing the "special rate plans" option!

Does anyone know if you can ever get any other discounts in addition to the Teacher/Gov't rate? Does it benefit to become an SPG member? Thanks!

AAA offers discounts at Swan/Dolphin. We got $199 at Dolphin for this November, and I've seen $179 posted on here for the AAA rate a few times as well.

I've seen a few SPG offers like buy 3 nights get the 4th free, but I don't routinely look for the offers, I'm sure someone else on here knows more about that.

The S/D occasionally does promotions available to anyone. For instance, for Aug/Sept 2007 many dates were promoted at $125/nt. I believe the promotion was available in Feb 07. Watch dreamsunlimitedtravel.com and the ad at the top of this page. Dreams Unlimited is great about posting S/D discounts.
Also, you can get nurses discount, Annual Passholder discount, and Entertainment book discounts, too, or so I've heard (from WebmasterBob, who is the S/D expert at Dreams Unlimited).

Beautiful photos Dan, thanks for posting them!

When I asked about additional discounts in conjunction with the teacher discount I was told no. I did sign up for SPG because people have indicated sometimes they upgrade. I got a great rate for May at $179 +tax. If I would have been willing to wait further into June it would have dropped about $20 a night. Final thing on the teacher discount - it's the lowest rate when you look at AAA or any of the others. Good deal for us!

:goodvibes
Christine~We were posting our sighs and memories over Blondie's picture almost simultaneously! :)

Yes!! And rememebering the same room! Only I have not been back since 1996!!!

Sooo looking forward to this December!! :goodvibes

Dan, thanks so much for more wonderful memories! Love those cabana stripes at the Dolphin - the doors to the rooms were so much fun...and the hallway carpets looking like the beach with beach balls and beach towels etc..those were the days :)

Those pictures are beautiful. It made us want to give the sd a try on our next stay.

Thanks Dan for posting your pictures! I just love to see your photos and Blondie's! Makes me want to start planning our return !!!! :cool2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter