Peter Pan's Flight and Thunder Mountain

Just because the refurbishments have been announced doesn’t mean they will definitely shut down on that date or for that period of time. Refurbishments get rescheduled or downsized sometimes. The best advice, even if your info came from a reliable source, is to plan for them to be down as announced but also keep an eye out in case there are changes to the refurbishment schedule.

The Big Thunder one is a rumor that appeared on WDWMagic and the source is a 14 year old kid who claims to know people that work at WDI. As of right now I'm skeptical.

The Peter Pan one is more substantial as a permit was filed to do work on the ride. I hope it gets the updates the other versions do because the WDW one could really use some TLC.

The Big Thunder one is a rumor that appeared on WDWMagic and the source is a 14 year old kid who claims to know people that work at WDI. As of right now I'm skeptical.

The Peter Pan one is more substantial as a permit was filed to do work on the ride. I hope it gets the updates the other versions do because the WDW one could really use some TLC.
The Big Thunder one was also mentioned on Disney Dish by Len, so I think I might believe it given number of outlets reporting. I hope they say it’s a year and they over deliver, but the kid’s rumor originally said 3 years, which was insane.

The Big Thunder one was also mentioned on Disney Dish by Len, so I think I might believe it given number of outlets reporting. I hope they say it’s a year and they over deliver, but the kid’s rumor originally said 3 years, which was insane.
I didn't know Len mentioned it as well. I only saw the kid's thread on WDWMagic. I wouldn't mind a retrack of Big Thunder though. Disneyland's version got one a few years ago.

I didn't know Len mentioned it as well. I only saw the kid's thread on WDWMagic. I wouldn't mind a retrack of Big Thunder though. Disneyland's version got one a few years ago.
He said down for a year starting in September. I have heard from others earlier in the summer, so we will see. Hoping they are saying a year for this and test track, but end up being shorter. It will be odd if both of these and potentially dinoland are all closed during Spring Break 2025. Couldn’t see Peter Pan also added to that list.

A retrack and effects especially would be nice, but still disappointed!

He said down for a year starting in September. I have heard from others earlier in the summer, so we will see. Hoping they are saying a year for this and test track, but end up being shorter. It will be odd if both of these and potentially dinoland are all closed during Spring Break 2025. Couldn’t see Peter Pan also added to that list.

A retrack and effects especially would be nice, but still disappointed!
Where did that kid get 3 years from then lol

Other coasters such as Hulk and Mummy at Universal didn't even take 3 years for their complete retracks.

Where did that kid get 3 years from then lol

Other coasters such as Hulk and Mummy at Universal didn't even take 3 years for their complete retracks.
He had two internal sources (not sure if imagineering or otherwise). I’m guessing 3 years got mixed into the rumor mill with beyond big thunder. There’s no way it could be down for that long given the park’s capacity issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter