The *NEW* 2008 SWAN & DOLPHIN Resort Information Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've done an awesome job, Robin! The info you've put in the first few posts is very well done and so complete!
Debbie

That's a great link, Dan...thanks! However, getting plenty of exercise by walking around WDW theme parks is usually not a problem for me. :)

The bathroom at the Swan is identical to the Dolphin except you have another sink area just outside the bathroom.

In the rooms I had at the Dolphin, the bathroom had just a toilet and tub, and the sink was outside. My Swan rooms have had a sink inside the bathroom as well as one outside it. I definitely prefer the bathroom at the Swan.

In the rooms I had at the Dolphin, the bathroom had just a toilet and tub, and the sink was outside. My Swan rooms have had a sink inside the bathroom as well as one outside it. I definitely prefer the bathroom at the Swan.

Not all bathrooms at the Dolphin are created equal! Some are like the Swan's "Hollywood" bath, and some are like the bathrooms at the Disney resorts, with the tub and toilet behind a closed door, and the sink and mirror are outside of that.

Not all bathrooms at the Dolphin are created equal! Some are like the Swan's "Hollywood" bath, and some are like the bathrooms at the Disney resorts, with the tub and toilet behind a closed door, and the sink and mirror are outside of that.

I remember you saying that some the rooms you've had at the Swan didn't have an extra sink outside the bathroom. But I didn't know that some rooms at the Dolphin had the sink inside - other than suites. You learn something every day. :)

I remember you saying that some the rooms you've had at the Swan didn't have an extra sink outside the bathroom. But I didn't know that some rooms at the Dolphin had the sink inside - other than suites. You learn something every day. :)

Our bathroom at the Swan in February of 2006 didn't have the Hollywood bath, which surprised me. Outside where the extra vanity should've been was just a plain wall. :confused3

Thanks For Taking The Time To Answer My Question, #1 Hockeymom. I'll Follow Your Advice!

Couple of questions...

1. I cannot find info on the size of S/D rooms, so that I can compare to Disney resorts.

2. If we did book Dolphin for the 5 of us. DO we have to pay for the roll away?

Thanks

Couple of questions...

1. I cannot find info on the size of S/D rooms, so that I can compare to Disney resorts.

2. If we did book Dolphin for the 5 of us. DO we have to pay for the roll away?

Thanks

I think they are 340 square feet, give or take a foot or two!

If the rollaway is for a child, there should be no charge. Some people just bring an aerobed.

We're a family of 5, too. The S/D rooms are about 50 square feet more. There is a $20 charge per night for a roll away regardless if it is for a child or adult. We just bought a airbed at Target for $22.

I read somewhere that they were renovating the rooms and that this should be done around December. Can anyone confirm this? The hotels are lovely but a bit dated with the teals and peaches. Won't make or break our trip but I was just wondering?

And yes, thanks again, this thread is very informative!

Thanks for putting this new thread together, Mom Poppins.:) It's very well done. Thanks, too, to all who have submitted the wonderful pics! It's a long wait for our Easter trip to the S/D, but this thread will help the time pass more quickly.

I have a quick question. DS 16 will be bringing his best friend along this time, and it will be his friend's first trip to Florida. What activities do you recommend for them on S/D property and off? We really want this to be a special trip for them!

TIA for any help!

The hotels are lovely but a bit dated with the teals and peaches. Won't make or break our trip but I was just wondering?

Funny about the taste of different people ;) - I actually like the "teals and peaches"... the rooms remind me of a cruise ship. LOL :goodvibes

I read somewhere that they were renovating the rooms and that this should be done around December. Can anyone confirm this? The hotels are lovely but a bit dated with the teals and peaches. Won't make or break our trip but I was just wondering?

This is the latest information on the rehab posted on the first thread.. BaciBecky called to confirm this information last week.

Renovation information as of August 31, 2007 as reported by

Both Swan and Dolphin have recently completely renovating the public area.

Swan rooms are in process of being refurbished, beginning at the upper level rooms, working down, scheduled to be completed early December.

Dolphin room refurb will begin when Swan is completed.

Thanks for putting this new thread together, Mom Poppins.:) It's very well done. Thanks, too, to all who have submitted the wonderful pics! It's a long wait for our Easter trip to the S/D, but this thread will help the time pass more quickly.

I have a quick question. DS 16 will be bringing his best friend along this time, and it will be his friend's first trip to Florida. What activities do you recommend for them on S/D property and off? We really want this to be a special trip for them!

TIA for any help!

We have a DD 17 and she and her younger sister have gone to play golf at Fantasia gardens. It's really close by and gives them some alone to time. We also have let them go over to the Boardwalk to watch the nighttime "street" acts. If you don't want them going off property the only things I can think of is the arcade and the "swan" paddle boats.. :)

Fantasia Gardens is a few minutes walk away. This miniature golf adventure opened in the spring of 1996, and includes two 18-hole courses. There is something for everyone-- fun and Disney magic on the Fantasia Gardens course and a more challenging game on Fantasia Fairways.

Don't forget to explore activities offered at the nearby BoardWalk and Yacht & Beach Clubs.

:)

Funny about the taste of different people ;) - I actually like the "teals and peaches"... the rooms remind me of a cruise ship. LOL :goodvibes

I like the teal and peach color schemed rooms as well. I think they are nice florida colors, very uplifting.

We have a DD 17 and she and her younger sister have gone to play golf at Fantasia gardens. It's really close by and gives them some alone to time. We also have let them go over to the Boardwalk to watch the nighttime "street" acts. If you don't want them going off property the only things I can think of is the arcade and the "swan" paddle boats.. :)

Fantasia Gardens is a few minutes walk away. This miniature golf adventure opened in the spring of 1996, and includes two 18-hole courses. There is something for everyone-- fun and Disney magic on the Fantasia Gardens course and a more challenging game on Fantasia Fairways.

:)

RE: Fantasia Gardens
And don't forget to ask for a DVC discount or an AP Discount if you are one of these members. As of 4/07 - the AP was better. (50% off!) Disclaimer: As with all discounts, they are subject to change but it never hurts to ask. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter