The *NEW* 2008 SWAN & DOLPHIN Resort Information Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just booked 3 nights at the Dolphin following our BLT stay. I am very excited about the location and it looks like a great resort. I look forward to learning from all of you!

Has anyone ever taken a cab from MCO to either the Dolphin or Swan? I was originally going to book a Mears shuttle (for 4 of us) and that would come to $132 roundtrip. My friend said that she called the hotel and they said it would be only $60 for a cab. Does that sound about right? Could 4 of us (with luggage) fit into a cab?

Last December, I took a Mears Towncar from the Dolphin to MCO and it was $63 (one way). I was told this price would cover up to four people.

I think the price you were told is for the Towncar. I thought a yellow cab was less.

Has anyone ever taken a cab from MCO to either the Dolphin or Swan? I was originally going to book a Mears shuttle (for 4 of us) and that would come to $132 roundtrip. My friend said that she called the hotel and they said it would be only $60 for a cab. Does that sound about right? Could 4 of us (with luggage) fit into a cab?

I took a Mears yellow cab in December from MCO to The Dolphin & it was $60 before the tip. So the hotel was exactly right! As far as 4 adults plus luggage fitting - not so sure - only one can sit up front with the driver - and 3 in the back but that's with no luggage - it would all have to fit in the trunk, which is the same size trunk as a standard car.

I posted a seperate thread about this question -- but the experts here might know too. Any idea when Swan/Dolphin will release the special teacher/nurse/government employee rates for October and beyond?? I'm looking to book our first night at either resort and would like to know if it is feasible.
Thanks!!

I posted a seperate thread about this question -- but the experts here might know too. Any idea when Swan/Dolphin will release the special teacher/nurse/government employee rates for October and beyond?? I'm looking to book our first night at either resort and would like to know if it is feasible.
Thanks!!

We have a nurse rate booked at the Dolphin for Sept. Give the hotel a call -they will be able to let you know when the rates are available.

I took a Mears yellow cab in December from MCO to The Dolphin & it was $60 before the tip. So the hotel was exactly right! As far as 4 adults plus luggage fitting - not so sure - only one can sit up front with the driver - and 3 in the back but that's with no luggage - it would all have to fit in the trunk, which is the same size trunk as a standard car.

You can ask for a taxi van when you make your request, we always do this as we are 4 adults and 4/5 cases, it doesn't cost any more for a van and you will fit in no problem. :thumbsup2

I can't believe in 1 more sleep I will be at the Swan!!! One last question before I get there - I stayed at the Dolphin in Jan and no refrig but I heard that at the Swan there is a refrig. Is that true?

I can't believe in 1 more sleep I will be at the Swan!!! One last question before I get there - I stayed at the Dolphin in Jan and no refrig but I heard that at the Swan there is a refrig. Is that true?
Yes, Swan rooms do have the refrigs:thumbsup2 Have a great trip!

Has anyone been to the hotel recently and tried to use their AAA card for 20% discount on food?

We've used this discount in the past, but someone posted on here a few weeks ago to say they'd been told that the discount is no longer given.

Has anyone else heard anything? We are staying at the Dolphin in April and will really miss this discount if it's been discountinued. :confused3

We used the AAA discount in mid-February at the Dolphin fountain and Picabu several times with no problem. I hope they haven't discontinued it!

We used the AAA discount in mid-February at the Dolphin fountain and Picabu several times with no problem. I hope they haven't discontinued it!

Oh that's great news, it was about 3 weeks about that another DISer posted that they couldn't get the discount during their stay, but if you got the discount 3 weeks ago maybe they just got a server who didn't know about it? :confused3

Apparently there are going to be renovations going on at the Dolphin from 1st April. Replacing carpets, bedding and curtains. Has anyone heard about this, I found out from a friend who's travel agent told her.

Interesting because when I was there at the end of January, I was told the AAA discount was no longer available at the Dolphin Fountain. I was at the Swan for 1 night last week but didn't eat at the Swan/Dolphin.

We didn't eat at the Dolphin fountain, but we did have ice cream to go (from the Dolphin Fountain) a few times-- maybe that made the difference?

We didn't eat at the Dolphin fountain, but we did have ice cream to go (from the Dolphin Fountain) a few times-- maybe that made the difference?

So did I...got a sundae to go. I showed my AAA card and was told the discount had recently been discontinued. :confused3 In hindsight - I should've followed up with a confirmation at the front desk.

I called Picabu and the Fountain 2 weeks ago and they both said they still offered the AAA discount. I just called today and spoke to reservations and she checked and came back and told me that they do still give the AAA discount at their restaurants. I don't think the signature restaurants ever gave the discount but ones like Picabu and the Fountain should. I also asked about renovations, and she said they are still doing renovations. She said that they keep the guests away from the renovation area so you won't hear them..I guess you could ask to be far from the renovations when you check in.:banana: :woohoo: :cheer2: Can't wait.

I called Picabu and the Fountain 2 weeks ago and they both said they still offered the AAA discount. I just called today and spoke to reservations and she checked and came back and told me that they do still give the AAA discount at their restaurants.

Harumpf - I want my $1.10 back! :teeth:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter