The *NEW* 2008 SWAN & DOLPHIN Resort Information Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's the Mears shuttle which my niece took when she met us in November. According to the site it's $222 round trip. If I were you, I'd rent a car just to go from the airport to the hotel and then again from the hotel to the airport. Or for the $,rent a limo.

$222 for Mears? :lmao: It's $20 one-way and $33 roundtrip.

It's also about $100 roundtrip for a towncar service - $25 per person for a family of 4.

We have used Tiffany Towncar on our last 4 trips and have always received on-time, courteous service. We have booked with them again for our trip this summer.

$222 for Mears? :lmao: It's $20 one-way and $33 roundtrip.

Laugh if you want but I was shocked when I went to book a shuttle.
Try it yourself,here's the site:

https://secure.mearstransportation.com/ShutSedan.asp

This is from the Mears site reservation form. I clicked to book a shared reserved shuttle. After checking,there are 6 people in 4forME's group.
I was guestimating the number of people at first and I wasn't sure of the ages of the kids. If the kids are over 11, then these prices would increase.

2 adults and 3 kids:
mears2.jpg

2 adults and 4 kids:

mears3.jpg

2 adults and 6 kids:

mears-2.jpg

Laugh if you want but I was shocked when I went to book a shuttle.
Try it yourself,here's the site:

https://secure.mearstransportation.com/ShutSedan.asp

Thanks so much for looking up this information. Wow, it would be $170 round trip for us (2 adults, 4 kids). I guess I will be looking into rental cars and limos.

Another transportation question: What is the best way for us to get to the Contemporary from the Swan the next day? Would we take a bus to Magic Kingdom? I thought, though, that the bus drops everyone off right at the gate and not the TTC. Any advice?

Hi! I have a couple questions. . .
On the website I saw you can stay free on your birthday as long as you are booked atleast 3 nights. Does anyone know if you can combine this with the teacher rate?
I have read that the S&D will transfer your bags to a disney resort for a split stay, does anyone know if Disney will transfer your bags to the S&D? We will be staying 5 nights @ BLT and then are moving for the last 3 and I am considering the S&D.
Lastly, we won't have a car, we will be taking ME to BLT and so I am trying to find the best way to get us back to the airport. We will have DD2 with us but not her carseat. (For the plane we are going to try CARES)

Thanks!

There's one car rental desk in the Dolphin for both National and Alamo, and they use the same cars. Book whichever one costs less.

No one answered me before so I'll try again. Does anyone have any pictures of the recently refurbished rooms at the Dolphin????? If not, does anyone know if they look pretty much the same as the Swan rooms? I have seen pics of those.

Here are several photographs of a refurbished room from the Dolphin taken last December (2008).

100_1321.JPG

100_1323.JPG

100_1328.JPG

100_1330.JPG

Here are several photographs of a refurbished room from the Dolphin taken last December (2008).

100_1321.JPG

100_1323.JPG

100_1328.JPG

100_1330.JPG

Not sure why the photos didn't show up, because the "
" are in the right place.

My guess is that the Dolphin's rooms have the same decorating scheme as at the Swan, as they did prior to the most recent renovation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter