The Moist Exhausting Free Trip Ever - Link to Part II Thread pg. 244

glennbo123

DIS Veteran
Welcome readers! So, where to begin? I guess introductions would be good. I’m Glenn, or glennbo123 on the DIS. I live in Pennsylvania (grew up in Northwestern PA, and now live in Southeastern PA, diagonally-opposite corners of the state), went to PSU and am a huge Nittany Lion fan. My family and I love Disney and I enjoy planning the trips almost as much as going, which is how I found the DIS. (But you probably already knew that, I’d venture to guess that’s how you got here too.) We’re Disney Vacation Club owners, and this particular trip will be our second trip using DVC.

This is my second “official” trip report, the first being:
I Paid Someone $5 for a Catchy Trip Report Title, and This is All I Got - My June/July Trip Report

I used the word “official” in quotes, because I also wrote some flashback trip reports in my Pre-trip report for this trip, which can be found here:
The Most Expensive Free Trip Ever - My June 2010 Pre-Trip Report

The rest of my family are my wife Judy, daughter Lauren (right side of the picture below), daughter Marlene (left side of picture), and son James (short guy in the front).

IMG_2911.jpg

I chose this picture, not only for the way the morning sunlight bathes all of us in a beautiful glow and elongates our features, but also so that you can see our PChef shirts. If you haven’t read along with the Pre-Trip Report, the first several days of the trip were earned by my wife as an incentive trip from her PChef direct-selling business. (“PChef” is my abbreviation of the name of the company, to try to avoid any potential issues either the Disboards or PChef may have with me typing it out.)

So, the trip took place from Saturday, June 12th through Sunday, June 20th. The first four nights were spent at Coronado Springs as part of the PChef trip (1 night paid by us, 3 paid by PChef) and the latter four were spent at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Kidani Village, using our DVC points.

I don’t know why, but coming up with a trip report title is always difficult for me, at least for my own reports. I had my own little brainstorming session, and here’s the list of potential candidates I wrote down.

Some were thoughts or observations during the trip:

“This Trip Report Just Writes Itself”

“I See Red People”
(a reference to the red PChef shirts in the photo above.)

“Disney’s Weight Loss Program – also known as Fastpass Volunteer” (Yep, I lost weight again this year, unbelievably. 3 pounds! And not just water weight, I weighed the same 2 days after returning home. Judy’s response was the same as last year, “I don’t want to hear it!”)

Some were apparently influenced by my years of sitting in front of the TV:

“Glennbo’s Trip Report, Now With 25% More Stuff”

“Glennbo’s New and Improved Trip Report”

A couple could be used for just about any report:

“It Was the Best of Times…Yep, That About Sums it Up”

“An Eyewitness Account of Exactly What Happened, As Best I Can Recollect.”

Others referenced what would be covered in the report:

“From Coronado to Kidani, Hyperspace to Hoop de Doo”

“Glennbo’s Hyerspace Hoopla De Doo Revue, and Then Some”

One was kind of self-effacing, and otherwise just mind-boggling:

“At Least Two Days Worth of TR Material, Packed Into Nine”

Another was a good indication that the brainstorming session was running out of gas:

“Title Schmitle. Glennbo’s Trip Report.”

And of course, a few variations on the Pre-Trip Report title:

“The Most Expensive Free Trip Ever – Now in TR Form”

“The Most Exhausting Free Trip Ever”

Of course, as you now know, the one I eventually selected was “The Moist Exhausting Free Trip Ever”, which is what my PTR title morphed-into when combined with our experiences on the trip. “Moist” refers to the heat and humidity we experienced :sunny:, and the resulting bodily response thereto. :crazy2: Last year, we went over July 4th, and we all agreed that this year the heat was much worse. “Exhausting” refers to the fact that we just went and went and went, and doing that took its toll on our bodies. Last year, I built a non-park, rest day into the plan. This year I didn’t, I don’t know why. I have trouble relaxing at Disney -- the parks just call to me. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t regret it, but it’s taken a few days back home to recover. I’m sure many of you can relate.

So, what else should I put into the intro? Oh, how about some restaurant info?
1sm209yum1.gif
Along the way, we’ll be dining at:

Sci-Fi Dine In
Biergarten
Whispering Canyon Café
Boma
The Wave
and Hoop de Doo Revue

So again, welcome! Please don’t be shy
sofa.gif
, let me know you’re reading along. Your comments are what will make this whole thing fun, and I’ll try to respond to every one.

Chapter 1 is just mere days away, I'm sure!
Link to first chapter

This space for rent, er, I mean reserved for chapter links and other important stuff like that.

Intro (It's right above, but if you need a link, okay, here you go)
Ch. 1 - The unrelenting pull of Bell Services
Ch. 2 - The Pepper Market
Ch. 3 - Oh yes, about those tickets to nowhere
Ch. 4 - Our first casualty
Ch. 5 - A Yeehaa of a DISmeet
Ch. 5a - A Yeehaa of a DISmeet continued
Ch. 6 - A hungover Mr. Potatohead
Ch. 7 - It's so hard to pick a favorite Chewbacca quote
Ch. 8 - Fastpass volunteering ain't like dusting crops girl, and lunch at Sci-Fi
Ch. 8a - Fastpass volunteering ain't like dusting crops girl, and lunch at Sci-Fi continued
Ch. 9 - Into the garbage chute, fastpass boy
Ch. 10 - We meet again, Doctor Jones
Ch. 10a - We meet again, Doctor Jones continued
Ch. 10b - We meet again, Doctor Jones continued yet again
Ch. 11 - The Great Cooling Ride
Ch. 12 - Going coconuts
Ch. 13 - Hoopla in Hyperspace
Ch. 13a - Hoopla in Hyperspace continued
Ch. 14 - Why stop now? Nighttime at DHS
Between chapters "Stuff"
Ch. 15 - I see red people
D.C. Meet
D.C. Meet goes on the road
Ch. 16 - Our second casualty
Ch. 17 - Biergarten
Ch. 18 - Bathrooms and Lost and Found
Ch. 19 - How the girls spent their Idol time
Ch. 20 - An early-morning photo stroll around CSR
Ch. 21 - Humunga Wedgiebunga
Ch. 22 - PChef takes over Disney Hollywood Studios
Ch. 22a - PChef takes over Disney Hollywood Studios continued
Ch. 23 - PChef Idol
Ch. 23a - PChef Idol continued
Ch. 23b - PChef Idol continued yet again
Ch. 24 - Fireworks over the Sorcerer's hat
Ch. 25 - It feels like I took a shower inside myself; and a MK morning
Ch. 26 - How to tell who's a tourist at Whispering Canyon Cafe
Ch. 27 - We meet a Wilderness Lodge icon
Ch. 28 - We're at Kidani. Let the animal pictures begin!
Ch. 29 - Expeditiously Everest
Ch. 30 - The guy who inspired my zoom lens purchase
Ch. 31 - Making tracks through the Maharajah Jungle Trek
Ch. 31a - Making tracks through the Maharajah Jungle Trek continued
Ch. 32 - So many Nemo pictures, it's almost a video
Ch. 32a - So many Nemo pictures, it's almost a video continued
Ch. 33 - Safari so good
Ch. 34 - Liquid sunshine and a Blueyed DISmeet
Review of Herwig's Austrian Bistro - State College, PA
Ch. 35 - Boma...need I say more?
Ch. 36 - Kidani photo tour walkabout
Ch. 36a - Kidani photo tour walkabout continued
Sooo...had a DIS-meet yesterday
Ch. 37 - Glennbo becomes TRON
Ch. 37a - Glennbo becomes TRON continued
Ch. 38 - What's your problem? And other "trash talk"
Ch. 39 - Our third casualty
Link to Part II of the trip report!

I took a chance and I believe I am first! Oh errrr second!!!!
Pays to be "always watching". :laughing:

I'm getting in on this TR early. Love Kidani. Love CSR - In fact that's exactly where I stayed last year. Love DVC. Love your red shirts. Love your TR titles.

Reading to read! popcorn::

I'm in! I have to see what you did when you were there at exactly the same time as I was, even though we never ran into each other! :rotfl2:

I second the comment about the heat - that was insane weather! (And it's been 90+ degrees here ever since we came back - we had a break down to 86 today, but it's supposed to go right back up tomorrow.) We've been in the first week of September and it wasn't that hot! I loved reading the progression of the trip report titles, though. I still like "I see red people." :rotfl: We did see a lot of them!

I love your TR title, too !
"Cause we know Disney in July can be very moist !
I am in and waiting for more...

So excited for a Glenbo trip report!! :cool1:

I love all of your title possibilities - especially: “Title Schmitle. Glennbo’s Trip Report.” :rotfl:

I didn't realize it was "moist" until you "called it out!" Too funny!!

Joining the fun. Great start to what sounds like a fun and exciting (and moist) trip!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter