The Mission: Prove to Grumpola Husband that Disney Magic DOES Exist!

Just found your PTR. We will also be at Disney next week. :banana::banana: We are staying at CSR. I'm leaving DS at home for this trip, so it will be just me, DH, MIL and FIL (in separate rooms, we are celebrating our anniversary!).

We also have a 8:05am ADR at Tusker House on 9/30 so maybe we'll see you there! :thumbsup2

My DH is Disney resistant. He moans and eye rolls whenever I talk about the trips (we've been together 3 times so far) but once he's there he has a good time! His condition for going this trip was that we had to have the Deluxe Dining Plan. He enjoys eating, :rotfl:. We did have a good time with the Deluxe plan on our trip in 2008 but it seems like I have more food pictures than park pictures!

--Mary

Ooh, I will be looking for the relaxed, kid-free couple having a long, peaceful talk over breakfast! I'll be the frazzled mom rushing my kids to eat, eat, eat so we can be done at AK by 3 and get a nap! :) My kids are going to be wearing Hershey's Reese Cup t-shirts... bright orange! See you there!

I AM LEAVING TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Grumpola is even doing everything in his power to not have to work so we can leave early, I still can't believe that. He is no a fan of night driving so he'd rather leave at breakfast time than dinner.

OH AND GET THIS! He said that if I let him buy a pop-up camper, he would agree to go to Disney again, *IF* we could camp there. I think it's happening... :)

Unfortunately, my mind has been so far in the clouds that I screwed up big time at work (I work at home but I have steady freelance work with a company). I write and I also do a little editing. Well, my editing has been seriously effected by the clouds and I got in mega trouble... As in, "We have decided you are not fit to be an editor any longer." Crap! At least I wasn't completely fired.

YAY for hubby for helping along the leaving early!!! HUGE kudos for him...no matter why. ;)

It sounds like you are well on your way to being ready to walk out the door! :banana:

And...ummm, yeah girlfriend...I would be buying a pop up tomorrow! I have a friend who only goes to their campsites and she says its so AWESOME! And, well...hey, you'd be in Disney!!

*wonders how to pack and hide in the un-purchased pop up*

I am SO SORRY about your job. Wow. It doesnt seem to me that they were very forgiving or flexible. I sure hope you dont allow it to ruin your trip. :hug:

I hope you check in with us again before you go!! SO excited for you!! :banana:

Have a great time and safe driving!

Sounds like you have a lovely company you work for -- hopefully it'll be better when you get back and can focus more. Everybody has bad days!

I'm looking forward to your TR!!

Just found your Pre-Trip report today. Hope you have lots of fun, and I'd love to see a full trip report when you get back.

I can totally relate to the gumpola husband, although mine does try to hide it a little bit. I really want to see a trip report with your hubby - where the sore spots are & how you get through them. Also want to hear how your touring plans work & know if the crowd calendars worked for you.

Ok, this is my very first post so I'll leave it at that. Have fun!!

I just want to thank everyone who's followed this along my crazy, practically last-minute (compared to "normal" Disney planning) trip!

In just about an hour I am going to be waking up my kids and asking them if today sounds like a good day to go to Disney World. I just had a good cry on the couch at the thought of it! :banana:

I have no idea how far we'll get today but hopefully we'll make it to at least Georgia. We'll see! So I guess this is pretty much the end of my PTR, although I will come back and post a link to my Trip Report as soon as I get it started!!!

Whew! Disney World here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're here!!!!!

Well, sorta. We are offsite tonight since we don't check in at POFQ until morning. We took the kids to DTD and they loved it so much that I seriously think that they don't realize it wan't the Magic Kindgom, hahaha.

We did the big Mr. Potato Head full of parts at Once Upon A Toy, which was my #1 thing to do on this trip. It did NOT disappoint! The kids dont' even want to go swimming now because they are so busy with their potatoes!

We had lunch at Wolf Gang Puck, which was a disaster. I guess I should have asked for a pizza with just tomato sauce and no cheese. I'm lactose intolerant and I can't eat cheese... so I usually just pull it off. But the regular pizza there has the cheese right on the crust, you can't peel it off. OOOOPS... that was for the kids and I to share and they just thought it was gross, so... they ate Grumpola's chicken and now he's starving. $30 down the drain.

Grumpola is getting into it... maybe too much! We went to Goofy's Candy Co and he saw the Cherry Sours. So he filled a bag... $15 later... I was like, "COme on, those are a buck at the gas station!"

Oh and the kids already got pixie dusted!!! When i ordered my butter finger pretzel rod, the CM took a Reese's pretzels, snapped it in half and handed half to each kid and told them they should try it, because it was really good. :lovestruc My kids were excited!

So we messed up because I left my gift cards in the car and paid cash in DTD--over $100 already. I was only planning to spend $400 the whole week because we have dining plan and all that... so... oops. I'm feeling a little panicky about money at the money but I think it'll be OK.

So, going to try to convince the kids to go for a swim! I know this isn't where my trip report belongs but I wanted to note this stuff now so I don't forget. I'll move it to my TR later!

Glad you're there safely! Try not to fret too much about the gift cards -- some days go like that! Have fun checking into POFQ and hitting the parks tomorrow!!

Glad you're there safely! Try not to fret too much about the gift cards -- some days go like that! Have fun checking into POFQ and hitting the parks tomorrow!!

From your signature it looks like your husband is a driver? Grumpola is as well. :)

We're back and I have so much to share! But I don't think I'll be able to start my trip report until later in the week. It was a perfect trip, it could NOT have been better. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter