The May 2007 Rate/Code Watch

Hi...

We are going May 11 - 18 for Mothers' Day!!! :cool1: We booked through Orbitz (please don't tell me I'll have a problem.. I've never done that before) It was SO much cheaper... Fort Wilderness cabin for $198 a night! :banana:

Anyway, are there any discounts just on tickets or dining???

Thanks,
Genie
The only way to get dining is to book a package, so since you booked through Orbitz, you cannot get the dining plan. You can get discounted tickets through undercovertourist and other places. HTH!

Just a heads up...last night I booked 5/5-12 and the only Mod left with the ZHE code was CBR....we wanted Riverside but I'm happy to be going in 32 days!

Codes are helpful but I guess I'm using this code late in the game. It only saved me a total of $47.32! Call back today and ask didn't this code save me 15%, the CM was a little rude, "the computer only gives you the amount, I do not".

Okay, I just cancelled Orbitz and used the BUC code through Disney and got the same rate. I feel so much better that it is through Disney. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Hey everyone,

We were just able to change our May 22-29 ressie at the Polynesian to an AP rate of $284 per night (garden view)! When the AP rates first came out 6 weeks ago, there were no AP rate rooms to be found there. So for those of you staying at the Poly, get on the phone and try for that rate! I am so excited - this saves us $1,500! :woohoo:

:sad2: Stupid question: AP rates are good on park tickets annnd resorts?:sad2:

The AP is an Annual Pass that gives you park admission for 1 year from activation. You can also pay more for a premium annual pass to get water park admission.

Disney often offers room discounts for annual pass holders but not always and the availability is limited. But as GoofyBaby has shown it sometimes pays off to keep calling as more rooms may open up.

You don't need an AP to book a room with AP discount but you do need it at check in.

BUT...AP's can be dangerous. It very easy to talk yourself into several trips a year when your admission is already paid for.:rotfl:

I just called this afternoon and AP discount Savannah view rooms are available in the beginning of May! I was able to convert my pool view room to a Savannah view bunkbed room for May 4-11th! :woohoo: So. if you were hoping for a Savannah view room, you may want to call & see if they are available during your stay!

I am going to book a room at a value resort for May 4-11, 2007, and I am wondering if there is a code out there that will help me. Anyone know? Help!!

You still have time, look over at mousesavers.com; there's a room only and a room/dinning.

BUT...AP's can be dangerous. It very easy to talk yourself into several trips a year when your admission is already paid for.:rotfl:

You said it! Since I bought my AP, I have already planned 3 trips within the next 8 months! Disney is so addicting! :teeth:

[QUOTE
BUT...AP's can be dangerous. It very easy to talk yourself into several trips a year when your admission is already paid for.:rotfl:[/QUOTE]

Absolutely!!!!!! :lmao: But is sure is fun!

Yes, AP's can be very dangerous but since it costs us a minimum of $300 to travel down and back that adds up too so even though I would prefer 4 ten day trips a year we have been combining the days into 2 long stretches.

$300 will pay for an additional 2 or 3 days at Disney, who wants to waste that in an ordinary hotel room?:rotfl2:

Slightly Goofy

This is our first trip in years w/o AP's and we were hoping for a discount but our dates fall just short of any discount. I guess we will just pay rack rate. :sad2:

This is our first trip in years w/o AP's and we were hoping for a discount but our dates fall just short of any discount. I guess we will just pay rack rate. :sad2:

Have you run the numbers to see if it would worth purchasing 1 AP to get the AP discount? They are offering $101 off per night deluxe through 5/24. It wouldn't take too many nights to make it worth the AP purchase.

AND it looks like your going back in June too?

Have you also tried AAA?

Whoo hoo! I turned my room only (no code) and package (code ZHD) for the CR over to Sue Ellen at Dreams a few days ago. My arrival room only was booked at rack, $388 with tax. I was told that no code rooms were available except for tower, MK view at an addition of $700 to my package cost. Well, Sue Ellen just emailed me that she was able to work her magic and get the room only added to the package, saving me over $100!

I have two room only reservations at WL for May. Made them with a pin code mailer. I was told that I could add the dining if we wanted at a later date..along with the tickets making it a package. I wasn't sure about doing it at the time of reservation, because frankly I wanted to make sure I was able to secure ADR's for the time period we will be there. I had already cancelled a previous trip during the free dining promo..as there was no place left to use our ADR's..and we felt we weren't getting our money's worth of the promotion. Anyway..no problem with the ADR's..and now it's got us rethinking if we should add the dining(not free..we'd be paying) looking at the menu prices, it seem like it would be close. We are eating at least one table service meal a day..and we are adults.(5). I wasn't aware that you could turn the reservation over to Dreams. Would they be able to convert this reservation to including dining and tickets..or would I be better off doing it myself. When I question Central reservations during the initial booking, they said I would not loose the rooms if I chose to do it..as it was with pin code. That they would refund the one night only deposits on the room, and then re-book making the reservation a package..with the package deposits and cancellation restrictions of a package involved. Is this the case, or would I be better off turning it over to Dreams? Which way should I go if we choose to add the dining and make it a package?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter