• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The May 2007 Rate/Code Watch

Entire package including DDP was about $2905 (give or take a few dollars - I don't have everything in front of me). Subtracting DDP out, just the room and 7 day hoppers as about $2372-ish. Frankly I had been going back and forth about DDP and still wasn't sure if I was going to leave it on the package or not. Now I won't have to decide. I really wasn't sold on it working for our family, so if I can get this discount and maybe DDE (which I have to do some research on) I think it'll work out better.

And an AP is a GREAT excuse for another trip...;)
Sounds like you got a great deal! I honestly wasn't crazy about the meal plan. I would do it again if it were free but not to give up an AP discount for it. The DDE gives you 20% off nearly all TS meals including drinks and CS at Tusker & Flame Tree BBQ at AK and resorts that don't have TS. I think it costs $65 now for the 1 year membership so you just need to figure out if you'll be spending more than $325 on qualifying meals.

Be careful....those AP's can be dangerous!;)

Sounds like you got a great deal! I honestly wasn't crazy about the meal plan. I would do it again if it were free but not to give up an AP discount for it. The DDE gives you 20% off nearly all TS meals including drinks and CS at Tusker & Flame Tree BBQ at AK and resorts that don't have TS. I think it costs $65 now for the 1 year membership so you just need to figure out if you'll be spending more than $325 on qualifying meals.

Be careful....those AP's can be dangerous!;)

I haven't done the math yet, but I think the DDE card will be worth it...I have to go thru the ADR's I have but I'm pretty sure it's more than $325. We'll see. The AP is about $200 more than the 7 day hopper I would have boutht myself BUT I'm saving about $500 off of the room vs AAA rate ($600 if I had paid rack rate), so for this trip alone, it's $300 savings.
I can see myself getting into a lot of trouble having an AP - maybe I should make DH put it in his name.

Hey...I am going May 6-20th ......Don't know what codes are but I will wait with you guys while I try to figure it out!!!:confused3 :grouphug:

:beach: I am waiting for a room only code for mothers day weekend??? Hope one comes out! We are ready for the warm Sunshine!!

I do not want to upset anyone, but I just learned that Gay and Lesbian week is May 29-June 4. I read the article posted by one of the webmasters on this site discussing how this is the worst week to bring your family to WDW. He explains how there is a blatant display of homosexual sexual acts and very inappropriate behavior. I did a google search and also learned that many of the hotels have special "gay days" at the pools, special events, etc. I only share because this is not something that I want my children exposed to and now have to reschedule our entire vacation. Of course we now have to incur extra fees from the airline, I just hope Disney will still honor our discount codes since I booked 2 months ago. Again, I am not trying to be a prude, but I agree with the article written by the webmaster of this site. Do we really want our young children exposed to blatant sexual behavior, regardless of the gender of the participants? I want them to remember WDW as a place of fun and adventure, and a family environment. So, for those interested, again, Gay and Lesbian week is May 29-June 4.

In response to LovinLifeinDisney, you may want to do a little more research before you make any decisions. Search these boards, I am sure you will get a much better picture of the time period you mention. We were there a few years ago during this time period and noticed nothing different from any other time.
Smiles, Diane =0)

I don't want to start a debate either but we were there last year at that time and will be going again this year. The only negative part of the trip was Saturday at the MK. The T shirts that were allowed in were vulgar. Other than that, and that was the day we left you didn't even know it was gay days.

I read the same article as Lovinlife. I would also research what date that weekend is and avoid it. The guy that wrote the article was gay and so he was not just picking on gays. He said he felt bad for families that saved all their money for a "once in a lifetime trip" and then have them exposed to the stuff that went on.

I can't provide a link since I read this article over a month ago and I have no idea where I found it!

I read the article a while a go as well and was somewhat turned off of travelling during those dates (I can't take my vacation then anyways) but it looks like there is a bunch of people planning on going to the world during this time and I'm sure they would have taken the Gay Days into account in their planning.

I would definitely do some more research on the subject if I were you. I'm sure if you're looking for a negative you'll find it (I always seem to be able to when I'm focused on the negatives ;) ). Ask around to some of the other folks that are going during this time because there is a good chance that this is their usual vacationing time to the world and have experienced the Gay Days before. Also, if you're a TourGuideMike member has some information regarding touring with respect to the Gay Days. Since I'm a loyal member of TGM I cannot disclose any of this information because of my user agreement...sorry!

I don't want to start a debate either these are just my $0.02.

I'm going to be there at the same time in May. I was there this same time 2 years ago as well. I do agree that an in-depth conversation with my 8-year old is not what I want to do on vacation. We've talked about being gay briefly a few times but not in great detail. I haven't read the article but I believe that some people have a problem with holding hands. I don't. I have looked at the gaydays.com website to find out where they have scheduled to meet each day. I will probably avoid that particular park but only because of crowds, especially the day set for the group to meet at MK. Remember, most gay people on this trip are with their families. They are there to make memories with their kids as well.:grouphug:

We were at WDW during Gay Days week last year. I would only avoid the day that they go to MK. It was PACKED on that day last year( which i believe is usually the first sat in June). We could tell it was for Gay Days because a lot of people were wearing the same colored shirts. We didn't see a lot of PDA however. I think keeping your trip the same dates will be fine. I wouldn't want my kids exposed to a lot of PDA from any couples....but I don't think there is anything wrong with being among people who are gay or lesbian and I don't think that would ruin your trip at all. I have a lot of gay family members and friends and just because they are gay does not mean that they will be all over eachother in public :) Just go and have fun at WDW and avoid MK for the crowds the first sat of june.

Thank you all for your replies, and for doing so in an appropriate way. I was so nervous I was going to get yelled at. I definitely did not want to offend anyone. I just don't want to expose my children to inappropriate behavior, regardless of their sexual preference. I think we will just leave it as is then and just not go to MK on 6/1. Thanks again. Oh, for those interested, I found the article through Disney Events from the main web page of this site.

I was the one that wrote the article, and it's ticked off more than a few of my 'gay brethren'. The article is discussing the first Saturday in June at the MK specifically, although I don't think I make that clear (I'll add an editorial note to it for clarity).

Also, last year saw the highest number of guest complaints at the MK on that day. While the vast majority of people that attend are there just to have a good time, and behave appropriately, there are those whose intention is to make a scene, and make 'straights' feel as uncomfortable as possible. And I'm not talking about holding hands either - if that were the extent of it, I'd be fine. This tends to be a more 'be seen' event then it is a gathering of people looking to enjoy each other's company - I don't feel that the MK is the place for any kind of protest or demonstration, no matter what veil it's wrapped in.

I would recommend simply avoiding whichever park is the official park for the gathering on whichever day you plan to be there that week. Whatever you do, I would avoid the MK at all costs on the first Saturday in June. Disney won't warn you, so I felt that I should -hence the reason for the article.

Thx
Pete

Good for you on the graduation! I graduated a year ago in May and passed boards in July! My family is going to WDW the last week of May this year (it took us a while to catch up on bills after nursing school, so we waited a year)!

I made reservations through WDW - the only special they offered me was a PIN that was sent that I didn't know about. It was for free water parks, but the Caribbean Resort had no openings for that special. I didn't understand, really, because I'm new at all this WDW reservation making stuff. The lady in reservations didn't suggest another resort that might have the special available, and I guess I was too ditzy to ask at the time. Maybe if I call back and ask?

Anyway - congrats on finishing nursing school!

Found this here on the DIS http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneypackages.htm
Anyone know some more info? What is the discount? I think I'm gonna call Disney and see what the code would do?
NEW!!! May Magic Your Way Package Discount

Travel Dates: April 14 - May 23

Discount Code: ZHD - May Magic Your Way Package without Dining

ZHE - May Magic Your Way Package with Dining

NEW!!! May Magic Your Way Package Discount

Travel Dates: April 14 - May 23

Discount Code: ZHD - May Magic Your Way Package without Dining

ZHE - May Magic Your Way Package with Dining

Disney World Vacation Package - The Magic Your Way Disney Vacation Package is a starter Disney package which can be kept as a "Base Package" or enhanced. Disney package details

Disney World Vacation Package Plus Dining - The Magic Your Way Disney Package Plus Dining enhancement provides one full serve meal, one counter serve meal and one snack at the following participating Disney restaurant. Disney package details

Premium Disney World Vacation Package - Guests choosing the Premium Package will enjoy a full breakfast, lunch and dinner at select Disney World table and counter serve restaurants, preferred fireworks viewing for Wishes at the Magic Kingdom and Illuminations at Epcot, unlimited use of select recreation activities, admission to Cirque du Soleil, use of the Disney Childcare centers for kids ages 4 - 12 and unlimited admission to select Backstage Tours. Disney package details

Platinum Disney World Vacation Package - This is the deluxe Disney Vacation Package. Guests choosing the Platinum option receive a breakfast, lunch, dinner and a snack including in-room dining and Victoria & Albert's, a personalized itinerary prepared by Platinum Plan Itinerary planner, unlimited use of recreation activities, preferred viewing of Wishes at the Magic Kingdom and Illuminations at Epcot, reserved seating at Disney MGM Studio's Fantasmic, one specialty fireworks cruise, admission to Cirque du Soleil, unlimited use of Disney's childcare centers for kids ages 4 - 12 as well as in-room babysitting, your choice of either a 50 minute Swedish massage or 50 minute Aroma therapy facial at a Disney spa, unlimited admission to the Disney Backstage Tours, nightly turndown service and a exclusive keepsake. Disney package details

I just saw this discount released. It is at the top of the dis page.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter