• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The May 2007 Rate/Code Watch

DannyDisneyFreak

Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.
Hey there friends if you are planning a trip in May 2007 then tune in here! Let's all share info and we can get the best rates and deals?
May sounds like it will be a great time to go and incase you didn't know all month in May at Epcot is the Flower and Garden Festival. Okay, I "MAY" see you all in WDW! :thumbsup2

It is possible that I *may* be going at that time next year. However, it will be quite some time before codes come out, if at all. Regardless, at least we now have our own thread!

Went early May this year and it was awesome! Hope to go again next MAY.

We're going mid-May - already have our room only ressies for Poly! Waiting (and waiting) to see what kind of packages Disney is cooking up. We're very excited - haven't told the kids yet. Maybe next Easter we'll tell them - make a game of it w/easter egghunt! Seems so far away! :cool1:

Hi! I'll join in :) We're going May 24-31, staying at POR, to celebrate my graduation from nursing school! :Pinkbounc I'm waiting for the package prices to come out before booking thru AAA. We may stay 2 more nights if Disney offers the free "park hopping and more" add-on like last May :goodvibes

jenr812 said:
Hi! I'll join in :) We're going May 24-31, staying at POR, to celebrate my graduation from nursing school! :Pinkbounc I'm waiting for the package prices to come out before booking thru AAA. We may stay 2 more nights if Disney offers the free "park hopping and more" add-on like last May :goodvibes
I don't remember hearing about that, what did you get, free upgrades on your passes if you stayed more than 2 nights? That would be cool.

I am planning a 4 or 5 night stay at the Pop for early May. It will be my first totally solo trip! :dance3: :woohoo:

DannyDisneyFreak said:
I don't remember hearing about that, what did you get, free upgrades on your passes if you stayed more than 2 nights? That would be cool.
Not exactly... I didn't go during May but they were offering a free upgrade on MYW packages to include park hopping and water park options at no additional charge. We are already planning to pay for the hopper option, so if they throw them in for free, then we will use that money we are already planning to pay toward staying two more nights :)

Going next may 17-23. Right now booked at the GF but am hoping that some rooms open up at the CR. Right now they're saying there are only king bed rooms in the garden wing and no tower rooms. This won't work for us as there are 5 of us. One CM told me that they would probably release rooms later but I've heard that there is a big conference there every May so our fingers are crossed.

Count me in!!! :thumbsup2
We'll be at Port Orleans Riverside May 23-31. We have "room only" reservations right now and I'm waiting to switch to a package if Disney ever releases them!!!

Carla

My family has booked a room ressie at the CR for April 28-May5. And are also waiting to see what kind of packages there will be. Stacylm

My AAA rep just called Disney and they told him mid-late July for the package pricing.

Oh count me in, I have been thinking about going the end of May 2007 as well. Thinking of going the last week of may. How busy is that week if I do not go on Memorial weekend but right after that?

Waiting on package prices also! :cool1:

May 3-10th hopefully. There are 12 of us. (3 rooms, 3 families of 4). We are debating between POFQ and POP. My sister wants to save money and stay at POP, but I really would like to stay at POFQ. I have only stayed at AKL and the pools and landscaping don't look to exciting to me at POP ( I am into that stuff). But at the same time, I would like for us all to be together so I may have to give in and go with the flow :)

I haven't booked "room only" yet, should I do that to hold the room, is May that busy that I should????

DISNEYLOVER70 said:
May 3-10th hopefully. There are 12 of us. (3 rooms, 3 families of 4). We are debating between POFQ and POP. My sister wants to save money and stay at POP, but I really would like to stay at POFQ. I have only stayed at AKL and the pools and landscaping don't look to exciting to me at POP ( I am into that stuff). But at the same time, I would like for us all to be together so I may have to give in and go with the flow :)

I haven't booked "room only" yet, should I do that to hold the room, is May that busy that I should????
As far as busyness in May, I really don't know, but I didn't book my July 2-8, 2005 trip until late February (our first trip :goodvibes) and I had no problem whatsoever, even with a pin code package. I can tell you for a FACT that week was insanely busy :crowded: but wonderful :cloud9:
I don't think it's necessary to book room only at all, honestly, because as others have mentioned, it skews things as far as room availability, kwim?

jenr812 said:
As far as busyness in May, I really don't know, but I didn't book my July 2-8, 2005 trip until late February (our first trip :goodvibes) and I had no problem whatsoever, even with a pin code package. I can tell you for a FACT that week was insanely busy :crowded: but wonderful :cloud9:
I don't think it's necessary to book room only at all, honestly, because as others have mentioned, it skews things as far as room availability, kwim?

I hate to make myself look stupid, but what does "kwim" stand for ? :confused3

Because there are so many of us, i just want to make sure we get rooms together........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter