The Many years disney review-a-thon - Update 8/26 Kona Cafe

:goodvibes Great reviews and pictures so far, I'm loving this! You've convinced us to definitely try Liberty Tree Tavern on our next trip. No small feat considering I've been wanting to try it for years, but DH never wanted to. :woohoo: How about Raglan Road next?

jezebella said:
Ok...now...what next??

I don't know. You tell us. :sunny:

I'll offer some suggestions though. For TS restaurants, I'd like to hear a little something about Spoodles and Crystal Palace. And for CS, reviews for Cosmic Ray's or Pecos Bill would be much appreciated.

At any rate, I am thoroughly enjoying this thread, however vicariously. :)

I am LOVING your thread and will keep tuned in for the durations.

I really wanted to try Tangierine Cafe when we were there two weeks ago but nobody would go with me! :sad1:

Thanks so much for your great reviews. This is such a wonderful idea! I would definitely be doing a similiar thing if I lived close to Disney. Keep the reviews coming!

I totally agree with with you about PYC. The first and last time we ate there we had the rudest :snooty: waiter on the planet. He was nice and cheerful until he asked my mom if she would like wine, she said no. His personality completely changed. She said no because she just doesn't like alchohal, not because we're cheap or anything. The food wasn't very good either :sad2: .

Thanks for all your great reviews :goodvibes

WOW!!! You are living my dream by living SO CLOSE to WDW ... Celebration yet!!! You're a lucky, lucky girl!! I am SO envious!!! I'll get there some day!! LOVE your thread and your adventure!! :banana:

So funny to hear that Mr. Brit is missing kebabs. I didn't realise that they were unheard of in the States. Kebabs are a staple food over here........after 8 pints of lager!! :)

mattnkatsmum said:
So funny to hear that Mr. Brit is missing kebabs. I didn't realise that they were unheard of in the States. Kebabs are a staple food over here........after 8 pints of lager!! :)

:rotfl: He always says that too....it's drunken food! Needless to say, by the time we'd made it through the rain and around epcot we'd had a couple Boddy's at R&C.

Swimnoid said:
I am LOVING your thread and will keep tuned in for the durations.

I really wanted to try Tangierine Cafe when we were there two weeks ago but nobody would go with me! :sad1:

Well, next time you're here, just let us know and we'll go with ya. :thumbsup2

OK I am adding TC to our list now. That gyro on your plate and hello that is a gyro! lol looks so yummy! MUST DO. But now I have to get my family to go to Epcot 2 times for lunch because we have a bunch of Table service dinners and I need those fish and chips from that little stand outside of R&C. Thank you so much for doing this. LOVE the photos. :banana:

Well if you want to try something new---I would suggest getting Cooke's fish and chips CS at DTD for lunch. Personally---I think they are a million times better than f&c at R&C--Mr. Brit agrees and told Robin that they are the closest fish and chips to home.

What a great thread!!!! Thanks for doing this.....your reviews are hilarious and pictures are great. I can't wait to see where you go next!!

Mmmm...I CRAVE the Sopa Azteca from San Angel Inn. I have only had 1 bad meal there...and I have eaten there at least 10 times. Anyway, it was the chicken mole'. ICK!!

But, if you ever go back, the Mahi Mahi ala Vercruzana is TO DIE FOR!!!

Love this thread!

jezebella said:
Well if you want to try something new---I would suggest getting Cooke's fish and chips CS at DTD for lunch. Personally---I think they are a million times better than f&c at R&C--Mr. Brit agrees and told Robin that they are the closest fish and chips to home.

What big DTD store or restaurant(World of Disney, Virgin Records, House of Blues, etc) is Cooke's close to? I like to know where to park, what to aim for when I am walking...

agnes!

Hi! Thanks sooooo much for the great reviews! I know it must take up a lot of time. :bitelip: I'm leaving in 5 days and we are having lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern. If you have the time (well i guess 5 days is a short notice!), do you think you could give it a try, or if you already have, can you let me know??
Thanks a million :rainbow:

jezebella said:

So are the chips "authentic" (i.e. thick-cut on the spot from fresh potatoes) instead of just American fries?

Just discovered this thread and had to let you know how great I think it is. It's educational and entertaining at the same time. You also have given me some ideas on how to get the hubby to try some new food and restaurants - cocktails. That'll do.

Keep up the good work. I look forward to hearing your comments on Garden Grill and for CS how about Flame Tree? I haven't been there in a few years (I've been opting for Tusker House) and want to know if it's still as enjoyable as I remember.

Although we don't live anywhere near FL (but dreaming of it some day), we have had the opportunity over the years to try many of the restaurants but there are definitely some that we have missed, or haven't tried in years.

We are going to San Angel in Sept on free dining at DH's insistence. The last time we were there, I thought the food was definitely sub par and I could find better locally for much less money, but he likes it so we're trying it again. Based on your report, I might opt for the sopa as well.

I'm also a big fan of TC. Not dh's cup of tea but certainly mine. I send him to the American pavilion w/ the boys and bring my lunch over to meet them.

We've never eaten at Biergarten or Alfredo's so if you happen to be heading over that way, I'd love to read about your experiences there too.

Thanks for making this enormous sacrifice and doing these reviews all for us. We certainly appreciate it.

And, btw, your daughter is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter