The Many years disney review-a-thon - Update 8/26 Kona Cafe

What a great thread! I'm really enjoying your reviews, and I'm so looking forward to many more of them to come.

Just a couple of suggestions - your LTT photos are beautiful, but so large that I have to scroll left and right to take them all in (as well as the text, which goes as wide as the photos on my screen). Just a little smaller would make them easier to see, and the text easier to read.

And when you put up a new review, could you mention the page and post number in the updated title? That way, when the thread gets big, it will be easy for us to find the new review.

Thanks again for doing this!

:drinking1 Ok...so...here we go with Fultons!

Sunday, May 28th. Princess princess: had a birthday party scheduled for a classmate at 11:00 at the Bibbity Bobbity Botique in DTD, so we thought we'd knock out 2 birds with one stone and grab something to eat while she was getting dolled up! :wizard:

We dropped her off (along with the 9 other squealing 5 year olds and left my cell with the girl's mom and got their plan). Side note: ARE YOU MAD WOMAN? 10 - 5 YEAR OLDS AT THE BBB? AT $50 A HEAD??? THEN PROFESSIONAL PICTURES AND LUNCH AT PYC???

Ok...sorry...had to get that out. Now, don't get me wrong, I love my daughter dearly. So much that I took 6 of her squealing friends to CRT for lunch on her b-day, but it sure was WAY under $1000.00! Can you imagine what it's like to live here? Birthday parties are more than just keeping up with the Jones'---it's keeping up with the Mouse! ::MickeyMo So far we've been to BBB, CRT, and the Neverland Club---and it's not stopping..they just keep getting bigger and BIGger and BIGGER!

Anyways, back to the story--we roamed around the shops for a bit and then headed back over to BBB to check out the girls progress. Amazingly by noon, all 10 of them were finished.

Bug.jpg

:goodvibes So cute I can't even describe! They headed off for photos and we headed off to Fultons, because there was NO WAY I was eating at PYC again. :eek:

We were sat in the bar area right next to the window, which was fab because then we could see herd...er...I mean parade of princesses walk into PYC and know when to pick her up.

First off, I decided it was 5:00 somewhere and went for a spiked Lemonade. I'm not sure what all was in it, but I know there was some Bacardi Razz, Cointreneau, and something else. Let's just say it was seriously spiked..especially after 2! :drinking1 Mr. Brit decided on just sticking to one! Weakling! ;)

Mr. Brit insisted on Calamari--as he stated "What have you done to me woman?". You see, I love Calamari and now I've made him crave it just as much as I do.

FCHCalamari.jpg

Fried Calamari - cut strips with tomato basil sauce

This is not your typical Calamari. Usually the squid is cut across and into rings. They had cut the Squit length wise and into small strips of meat. First thing I did was check to see if there was a pool of grease like PYC---and no!! We were good to go. It was tender and perfectly crispy on the outside. The tomato basil was decent, not nearly as good as I've had before. I tend to like mine with a little kick. But, it was smooth and flavorful and did the job.

Mr. Brit then decided on a Chicken Sandwich!????? :confused3 Hello? We're in a seafood place?? He said he just had a craving for it.

FCHSandwich.jpg

Grilled Chicken Breast - served with Swiss cheese and rosemary potato chips

He said it was very good and even saved me a bite. The rosemary chips were very good, but needed some salt!

After eating all of that massive Calamari--I needed something light and went with a salad.

FCHSalad.jpg

Shrimp Caesar Salad -- with traditional Caesar dressing, garlic bread sticks, shaved parmesan cheese and blackened shrimp

This was excellent...and HUGE! The shrimp were blackened nicely with a lot of flavor without setting your mouth on fire. I could have used a bit more tang in the casesar, but the coolness of it worked with the shrimp.

All in all--the service here was wonderful, food was good, and it was reasonably priced if you want a nice OOP TS lunch!

BTW---we went to PYC to get the girl and they had to wait an hour for their food (when there were only a handful of tables even in there) and apparently, the parents who ate there said it was horrible. Hey, I tried to warn them...but the bartender sure does make a mean Citron Martini :cool1: Lets just say, Mr. Brit drove home!

Up Next: Well, we don't know--we should be out and about this weekend so, if you have any suggestions or recs, let us know!

Another great review, Jezebella, and the size was just right! Very easy to read, and great pictures.

Oh, and that birthday party? :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

Are those parents insane? Now what are they going to have to do to top it when their little girl turns 6 (not to mention 16)? :rotfl2:

WOW!!! I want to move to Florida!!! I would never leave Disney property!!!
What a great idea for a thread. I am really enjoying your reviews and especially your pictures!!! :thumbsup2

CAN'T WAIT for the next installment! On a side note, DH and I are seriously considering moving to FL in the next few years. Have you personally found that WDW loses any of its magic by being there so close and going so often? I would find it hard to believe because I am such a DisneyNut!

:rotfl2: NOOOOOOO! If anything, it's just adding fuel to the fire! We say everytime we go how lucky we are that we can just pop over to WDW in the evening for a stroll or dinner or just to soak in the magic after a bad day at work! I wouldn't move away from here for anything!

Just wanted to say that YOU are my HERO! What a great project!

We lived in New Smyrna Beach for some years, and would trot over to WDW just about every Saturday. But, with much younger kids, we didn't get to eat such a broad swath through WDW. So excuse me while I vicariously live your life through good eatin'.

Good thing about living vicariously = you don't have to worry about the weight I'm going to gain doing this!

I have also advised Mr. Brit that we have to go to Epcot at least once per week so that I can get a good 10 mile hike in to work off my DIS sacrifice for dining reviews! :rotfl2:

I have a question. You said you will never return to PYC, but to do a review of every restaurant at WDW, don't you "have" to eat there again? :rolleyes: Just a technicallity I realized. :goodvibes

Yes, technically I must review it again...and I will...I'm just going to give them a little time to get their act together before I try it again. Knowing us and old habits though, we'll break down and soon enough and give it another go. :goodvibes

Thanx for the review of Fultons ~ This is one of our favourite restaurants.

Thanks for the review of the Rose & Crown!! :wizard:

I can't see the photos in your posts. Anyone have any idea what I can do to see the pix? TIA.

New ADR -- Sunday we will be at San Angel Inn at 2:00pm!

Also---most likely we will hit up MK on Saturday and/or Sunday night and are taking requests for CS! -- you know we've got to go there, Mr. Brit needs a dole whip!

I'd love a review for either Pecos Bill or Cosmic Ray's. I was looking at both of those for our upcoming trip in September.

thanks for the reviews -- loved reading about Liberty Tree Tavern, we're thinking about trying it out in October.

Great Thread!!!! How cool that you get to go to Disney so often! And your daughter looked adorable after her BBB party!

Really enjoying your reviews. Love the picture of Mr. Brit with Flat Eric. Flat Eric has been itching to find his way into my suitcase for some time to accompany us to WDW. He wants to have his pic taken around the world. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter