The Lagoni's "We Do" Redo--A WDW Vow Renewal 2016

I am confused with the word in here.. COMPLIMENTARY.. which means free...
not 20.00?!?
A little punctuation might have helped my sentence to make sense :) The club rental is $20 but the transportation is actually free--completely free on the way there and the ride back!!

Hello, DIS friends :) As I told Mo, today teachers have a professional development "in-service" day, which my principal decided would be "self-directed." SOOOO, I directed myself to stay home and do a little online coursework I needed to catch up on, but also some MUCH NEEDED DIS-ing.

While I've been away, we reached a milestone................

100 Days by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

We're less than 90 now, so it's starting to really feel real! I can finally book the big boys' tee times this coming week, and then it'll be the big wait for FP booking day!!

Thanks to my DIS friend @DMGeurts I was able to have a Mickey bowtie made for Jimmy, which turned out SO cute! I can't wait to get it, so he can try it on!
received_1258277387524252 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

I also received my Planning Kit....which to my disappointment wasn't really a kit in the mail but an online document for me to fill in and click submit....wah wah wah. BUT, it was still pretty exciting to see options for flowers, ceremony music, photography, etc.

20160908_215821 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

I can't get the pictures to upload, God knows why!! So you'll have to take my word for it now and wait for the pictures I guess :) I'm picking colors similar to my original wedding bouquet, but they no longer have gerbera daisies as an option (rats!) so I will probably be going with white and hot pink roses.

I'm having boutennieres made for my Dad, Rob and Jimmy to wear. I LOVE the floral pins they use to make the little Mickey heads---aaaahhh, so adorable!
boutenniere by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

We are going for the in-room celebration "Romance package" instead of limo service because personalized towels, spa basket and roses, that's why!! I can ride the bus and monorail to my vow renewal :)
In Room by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

A violinist is included in the package, as well, and we get to pick three songs. Here are the options we have, but it says on the top if there are other songs you're interested in, just contact them to see if it's available.
20160923_151237 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr
So far I've picked When You Wish Upon a Star, A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes. I didn't like any of the recessional song choices, so I asked if they could give me the music from Spectromagic........and THEY CAN!!!!! I was so very excited!!

Here it is for you since it's stuck in my head now, too :)

Soooo, now I've started thinking about other options I might want to consider. I HAVE to have When You Wish Upon a Star because, just BECAUSE! I love Cinderella, but A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes isn't my absolute favorite. I'm thinking maybe I See the Light from Tangled or Beauty and the Beast maybe. Any other thoughts??

We also took care of rings recently (BIG YAY!!). Last Fall, Rob busted his knuckle in his ring finger so badly that he needed surgery. No, he was not doing anything productive at the time.....he was playing softball. Thankfully, his wedding ring was in his bag and not on his finger. However, even after surgery, physical therapy and almost a year of time for the swelling and scar tissue to go down, his knuckle is still decidedly giant and his ring cannot go over his knuckle. So, I did some research and found QALO, a company that makes silicone rings for athletes, people who work in jobs where they can't wear metal rings, etc. I ordered a gray silicone ring for Rob and ordered the exact same ring in a small size for Jimmy. Then, I threw in a hot pink one for me because.....well, because it's hot pink :) I can wear it when I run...that's how I rationalized it ;)
20160911_183056 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

I did NOT know until I was placing my order that QALO also offers engraving on their rings, so as a surprise I had Rob and Jimmy's rings engraved. Since Jimmy was a baby, I have always said to him, "I love you the most!" and Rob would pretend to be offended, so I'd say to him, "And I love you the mostest." Here are their rings:
20160911_183148 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr
20160911_183226 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr
I can't wait to give them to my guys.

When we went on our Honeymoon in 2006, I had Minnie ears with a white bow and veil--I was thinking I'd wear them for some cute pics after the vow renewal, but they are SO yellow and the veil is gray from being covered in dust on my shelf. Luckily for me, the Disney Shop the Parks app came through and I ordered a brand new pair!!
20160912_204319 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

AND I had bought a second white dress for $10 the day I found THE dress for the vow renewal, and LOOK how stinking cute it is with those new ears. So, now I have an outfit for our Monorail Drink-a-Thon date where we'll be resort bar hopping.
20160923_093542 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

A couple more fun purchases just because I can't stay off of Etsy!! My Up! ears are from Modern Mouse Boutique and the Up band-bow is from Spray On the Glitter.
20160923_094131 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr
20160923_094200 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Also, went to Hot Topic because it's my new favorite store for CUTE Disney stuff!! Also, we had a mission in mind. Remember, previously I had posted about our Drink Around the World passports? Well, I also ordered for Jimmy and my Mom (the designated walker!) "Hello Around the World" passports. I didn't like the lanyards they offered on their website, so we went looking for some Disney-fied ones. Here's what we came home with....only 4 because Jimmy wants to take Daddy back to choose his own......this is code for Jimmy wanted an excuse to go back to Hot Topic, and he is a little mastermind.
VZM.IMG_20160920_194915 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

That's all I've got on the Disney front for today!! Hoping to talk with our officiant, Rev. Tim, soon to see what I need to get organized for him. And want to get those tee times reserved!

Have a magical weekend!!
Love & Smooches,
Jackie

Oh my gosh Jackie!!! This is an AWESOME update!!! Sooo much to reply to...

First of all - I am so happy that I was able to hook you up with Flora to make your bow tie - she did a fabulous job and I just love it!!! It will be sooo cool!

I love all of the music that you've chosen and how awesome that they can do the music from Spectromagic! :woohoo:

And your rings... Really super neat... And I almost teared up a little bit with your engravings... So touching and meaningful. Way to be resourceful to find something that will work for your dh. :thumbsup2

Then there's your ears and your DRESS... Oh my Goodness!!!! First off... That dress is stunning on you - I just love it! You are adorable anyways, but the dress/ears combo... Is there a way to whistle on here? ;) So happy that you were able to replace your ears too - I agree, it was time - especially for an event like this... And it's kind of neat that you will have 2 sets of ears, both with very meaningful memories. :lovestruc

And finally - all your other stuff... A girl after my own heart.... There is NOTHING more fun - IMO - than Disney accessories! :woohoo: I love all of them that you have chosen! I cannot wait to see everything in action!

As a side note... I wanted to mention the post about your Grandmother yesterday on FB... I loved seeing pictures of the two of you together throughout the years - It was a beautiful testament to the love you have for each other and the joy you've brought to each other's lives... Such wonderful memories you have. Alzheimer's is such a tragic disease... We lost both of Josh's grandparents to it - and it was so devastating to all of us. Sending you hugs - as I know it's so difficult. :hug:

I hope you have an amazing weekend. :lovestruc Thanks for such a great Disney update - I needed to see this, this morning, made my day!!! :lovestruc

D~

Great update! I'm jealous of your self directed (meaning you can stay at home) in service. Um that would never fly with my district.

Love the bow tie! So cute! Glad you are getting all your choices nailed down. Love the in room celebration stuff!

Oh and awesome on the rings. You'all have to let me know how that works out fir you with running. I always take my ring off when working out bc my hands swell a bit so I wonder if the silicone ones would be okay in that case.

Oh and I love me some Hot Topic for my Disney park clothes! I might've gone broke before last trip buying so many tanks from them!

Oh and yay for less than 100 days!!

First of all - I am so happy that I was able to hook you up with Flora to make your bow tie - she did a fabulous job and I just love it!!! It will be sooo cool!
I am SO thankful you introduced us, too!! I just wanted that extra little touch and she really nailed it. Should be arriving at my house next week sometime, so I'll have to post a sneak peek of Jimmy wearing it :)

You are adorable anyways, but the dress/ears combo... Is there a way to whistle on here? ;)
Awwww, thanks so much! :rolleyes1 I found the whistle!!
There is NOTHING more fun - IMO - than Disney accessories! :woohoo:
I am having WAY too much fun accessorizing this time around. It's not something I usually put a lot of thought into...maybe you're rubbing off on me!
Alzheimer's is such a tragic disease
It is just awful--you lose parts of them for so long that it feels like you grieve their loss forever even though they are still here. :(
Sending you hugs - as I know it's so difficult. :hug:
Having other people understand exactly how you feel helps a bit. Thanks for "getting it." :lovestruc
Um that would never fly with my district.
I know, right?! It honestly shouldn't really fly in mine either, but when my principal offered the option, I was NOT going to question it! :)
I always take my ring off when working out bc my hands swell a bit so I wonder if the silicone ones would be okay in that case.
I never wear my rings for that exact reason, but figured I'd give this a shot. I'll report back to you :)

We are going for the in-room celebration "Romance package" instead of limo service because personalized towels, spa basket and roses, that's why!! I can ride the bus and monorail to my vow renewal :)
Good call! I think I would have chosen the same!

I didn't like any of the recessional song choices, so I asked if they could give me the music from Spectromagic........and THEY CAN!!!!! I was so very excited!!
Oh wow ,that is a WONDERFUL idea! I love it!

ND I had bought a second white dress for $10 the day I found THE dress for the vow renewal, and LOOK how stinking cute it is with those new ears. So, now I have an outfit for our Monorail Drink-a-Thon date where we'll be resort bar hopping.
Look at you! You are just cute as a button!

I am SO thankful you introduced us, too!! I just wanted that extra little touch and she really nailed it. Should be arriving at my house next week sometime, so I'll have to post a sneak peek of Jimmy wearing it :)

Awwww, thanks so much! :rolleyes1 I found the whistle!!

I am having WAY too much fun accessorizing this time around. It's not something I usually put a lot of thought into...maybe you're rubbing off on me!

It is just awful--you lose parts of them for so long that it feels like you grieve their loss forever even though they are still here. :(

Having other people understand exactly how you feel helps a bit. Thanks for "getting it." :lovestruc

I know, right?! It honestly shouldn't really fly in mine either, but when my principal offered the option, I was NOT going to question it! :)

I never wear my rings for that exact reason, but figured I'd give this a shot. I'll report back to you :)

Hahaha... Admittedly, I have an accessory problem. It's truly getting out of hand. LOL But it's soooo much FUN! :woohoo:

Yes - it's a terrible disease. :hug: I would be so grateful for a cure in my lifetime.

You are going to have so much fun on this trip - I cannot wait to read about it!

D~

As I told Mo, today teachers have a professional development "in-service" day,

YAY!! Except for the longest time it drove me nuts the kids got a day off for that junk...

SOOOO, I directed myself to stay home and do a little online coursework I needed to catch up on, but also some MUCH NEEDED DIS-ing.

Don't blame me for being home! LOL!!

Thanks to my DIS friend @DMGeurts I was able to have a Mickey bowtie made for Jimmy, which turned out SO cute! I can't wait to get it, so he can try it on!

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG This is the cutest thing EVER!

So you'll have to take my word for it now and wait for the pictures I guess :)

37668122.jpg

Romance package" instead of limo service because

THIS!!!
I cannot wait to see the pictures!!! Nothing better then the In room celebration! GIDDY GIDDY!

I asked if they could give me the music from Spectromagic........and THEY CAN!!!!! I was so very excited!!

That is FANTASTIC!!!

but A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes isn't my absolute favorite. I'm thinking maybe I See the Light from Tangled or Beauty and the Beast maybe. Any other thoughts??

oh oh.. This is much better i agree not a huge fan of cindy's song
I do LOVE the tangled song! Or many something from Lady and the tramp?
OR:

oh oh oh this one!

LOOK how stinking cute it is with those new ears. So, now I have an outfit for our Monorail Drink-a-Thon date where we'll be resort bar hopping.

I cannot say enough about this! It's so flipping CUTE! your so adorable! I am way more excited for your trip then i am about mine!!!

Keep it coming!

@Chicago Mo I LOVE the Ever Ever After song! I hadn't even thought of that one. And Kiss the Girl and I adore Lady and the Tramp, maybe I should have Bella Notte :) I have until October 28th to decide!

I am getting really excited because it's FINALLY time for everything! OOH, and thought of you yesterday when I got the great idea to have an 'Ohana brunch the morning of the vow renewal......except when I looked, there is NOTHING available :scared: So, I guess I'll keep stalking for something to open up but I booked a Chef Mickey in the meantime.

@Chicago Mo I LOVE the Ever Ever After song! I hadn't even thought of that one. And Kiss the Girl and I adore Lady and the Tramp, maybe I should have Bella Notte :) I have until October 28th to decide!

I love them all.. But yes the Ever Ever After song is the BEST!!!
Oh i am so glad i don't have to make this decision!!!

I am getting really excited because it's FINALLY time for everything! OOH, and thought of you yesterday when I got the great idea to have an 'Ohana brunch the morning of the vow renewal......except when I looked, there is NOTHING available :scared: So, I guess I'll keep stalking for something to open up but I booked a Chef Mickey in the meantime.

I am so excited for you!!
Oh No.. I wish you could have done the O'hana Brunch! you know it's a favorite of ours!!
Chef Mickey's is going to be fun too!!! There isn't a bad choice here..

Hello, friends :) Thanks for sticking with me if any of you are still out there!!!!
FB_IMG_1476572995792 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

So, I reached out to Rev. Tim to see if there's anything we should be doing to prepare for the actual ceremony. He was so sweet and excited to work with us. We'll do an interview around December 10th, he said, so that everything he says and includes in the ceremony will be current and fresh for our family. So, nothing left to do there at the moment.

We had a busy September! I spent a lot of time fundraising and prepping for the Walk to End Alzheimer's, which we do every year, but this year was a tough one since we lost my Grandma in April. I was so proud of our little team. There are only 12 of us and we raised $8,000 this year!!
20160925_085926 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

I got the boys booked for their Sunrise 9 golf at Magnolia and Lake Buenva Vista golf courses. Two different mornings they will get to golf 9 holes including a cart, breakfast sandwich beforehand and a beer afterward. And it's only $35 a person. THAT is a steal!

We got our rings at Rogers & Holland's, the same place we bought our original rings. I had ordered a silicone ring for him, you might remember, because of his injured knuckle. But, we were actually able to get a ring sized big enough to fit over it after all! So, on his day to day P.E. teacher days, he will wear the silicone one, but he'll have a nice one, too :) He's happy, and now I am too !
20160924_233557 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

I also got some more Magic Band bows made by @sprayontheglitter. I was SO excited to see her Mrs. option and she was awesome enough to custom make Rob a Mr. one.....he will not be pleased about having to wear this, but I am hoping to get a couple of cute pictures and then let him off the hook.

October 5th Rob and I celebrated 15 years together. I can hardly believe these two little baby faces have stuck it out through thick and thin for 15 years, and I sure can't wait to spend the rest of my life loving him.

Over Columbus Day weekend, my Mom and I took Jimmy on a little adventure to the Wisconsin Dells. We had a lot of fun making new memories :) and snuck a little Disney magic in where we could ;)
edited_1475964512163 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr
20161008_185537 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr
And my exciting Disney store outlet purchases :)
20161010_182438 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr
I actually bought many more things....but figured I'd keep it simple here :)

This week, I submitted my selections with my planning kit--eeek!!! It was really pretty fun to pick my flowers and my music and photography, as I shared in my last update. I think I actually enjoyed doing this planning more than I did for my original wedding!!! One of my most ridiculous things to get excited about (but I know you guys will understand!!) is the add-on of Mickey balloons for our photo shoot following the vow renewal.

When I was little and dreaming about a Disney World vacation, I had this image in my head of me getting a balloon in front of the castle and skipping around with it all day :) like the kids I saw on tv.
20160925_085926 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr
But, sadly my parents just never were able to take us on that vacation. I didn't get to WDW for the first time til I was 18 with my best friend as a graduation present to ourselves. But, Mom made my little dream come true in 2007 when we took a family vacation to Disney World and I FINALLY got my balloon!!
20161016_123555 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

So, I added on pink and white mouse ear balloons and hopefully we'll get some cute pics like this one (not mine, PC: Disney Fine Art Photography)
dpv832951 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

The 60 day mark comes up next Saturday, so we'll be ready to book our FPs!! I have lists galore all over the place, so I better get started narrowing them down. I have a breakdown of which park we'll be planning to be in each morning and evening--just need to nail down when would make more sense to use FPs.

AND the NEWEST thing to stress about is the announcement of the Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM at Hollywood Studios. We are itching to get in on the Dessert party; however, right now you can only book through December 10th. I'm reading mixed things about that though: some people are saying after the 10th the party won't be an option. Others (including Disney Dining CMs) are saying they don't know when the rest of the dates through 12/31 will open up. So, it's a waiting game for the time being.

Sorry this update is so random and all over the place!! Hopefully I'll be back with great news next time....like all the FPs I wanted and successfully got AND a reservation for 5 to the dessert party :) Fingers crossed! Pixie dust appreciated.

Love & Smooches,
Jackie

I HAVE HAD IT WITH TECHNOLOGY TODAY!! The computer crashed twice while I was trying to put together the last post in the first place....and NOW I see that some of the pictures are obviously not the ones I intended. I have to take Jimmy to Medieval Times for Cub Scouts now, so you'll have to imagine the real pictures :( GRRRRRR and I'll fix it later. Sorry, friends. My PTR is in disaster mode at this moment :(

The pictures you did post are adorable!!!

I know you had a blast at Medieval Times! Pictures were SO CUTE!

Don't worry! My computer has been crashing too acting all wonky! hate that!

Soooooooooo What songs did you pick? i need the DETAILS and what else did you but at the Disney Store?!?!

Here's a picture of the band bows I was so excited about :) Mr. and Mrs. for us, one Christmas bow each for Mom and I to wear at MVMCP, the Mardi Gras colored one is for my Mom because she LOVES any and all things New Orleans, including Princess Tiana, and a Snow White one for me because c'mon, look at that cute little apple!?! I had to have it :)
20160928_210011 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

I mentioned our baby faces but the picture didn't show up. UGH. Here's the first picture we ever took together, at Loras College Homecoming 2001. Insert aaawwweee.
20161005_061004 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Lastly, the balloons of my dreams:
Imagineering-Disney_mickey-balloons_1 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

I know you had a blast at Medieval Times! Pictures were SO CUTE!
We haven't been there in years, but YES, it was SO MUCH FUN!! Have you guys ever gone?? I'm telling you, your fam would have SUCH a blast!! Again, the more you get into it, the more your knight gets into it. I was a little disappointed that our Cub Scouts were so blah when usually you can' t shut them up. The more you can get your section cheering and yelling, the more fun it is :) (it's too expensive though, so look for a Groupon!)

What songs did you pick? i need the DETAILS and what else did you but at the Disney Store?!?!
Since we don't actually have a bridal party, we technically only needed to pick 2 songs, but I really wanted to have all 3 that I picked, so my coordinator said she'll ask the violinist to play one of them as we are arriving/setting up. For that one, we'll have I See the Light from Tangled. I will walk down the "aisle"/sidewalk with Jimmy to When You Wish Upon a Star, meet Dad halfway and walk the rest of the way with him. At the end, we'll walk out to On This Magic Night from Spectromagic. :) I am getting a little teary eyed just thinking about it!!!

I LOVE the Disney Outlet in the Dells!!! It's giant and they have a huge Disneyland parks section with things I've never seen. The stuffed animals, $1.99 tsum tsums, costumes, pajamas, tshirts, figurine sets, toys, AAAHHHH. I could spend a week in there :) But, this time we came home with Jimmy's Darth Vader halloween costume (40% off!), my Christmas shirts, a Christmas shirt for Jimmy and Dad (Grumpy, "Is this Jolly enough for you?"), two Storybook ornaments ($10 instead of $16.95--I got the house from Up floating on balloons and Robin Hood & Maid Marian's wedding day), The Beast and Gaston tsum tsums, three cars from Cars and Cars 2. I want to go back :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter