The Lagoni's "We Do" Redo--A WDW Vow Renewal 2016

missjackiemcg

DIS Veteran
Could it be, I FINALLY figured out how to begin my very first PTR?!
After reading and enjoying SO many of your reports on the DIS, I've finally decided to go ahead and give it a try writing my own. Plus, I am beyond excited about the vow renewal we have planned, and the people in my normal everyday life just do not care enough about my excitement to listen to all the details. So, hope you're all ready to join me as we count down the final 167 days until our December trip including Vow Renewing, Christmas-ing, and ringing in 2017!!

So, who's in on the trip?!
ME :)
MK_FANTASYLANDEASTWALLCHAR_375968620768 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr
I'm Jackie! Dopey is my favorite character :) I'm a Kindergarten teacher by day, work at a Hallmark shop nights and weekends and am also a Mom to my soon to be 7 year old son, Jimmy. My first Disney trip was when I graduated in high school in 2000 with my best friend. What can I say?! I was hooked from the moment I laid eyes on that beautiful castle at the end of Main Street and knew I'd be back. This year's trip will be my 10th, and that's pretty perfect because we've planned this vow renewal for our 10th Anniversary.

Oh, yea, guess I should introduce you to the "groom."
20160611_121305 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

dateposted-public
This is Rob. He didn't know he loved Disney until he met me :rotfl:. One of our first compromises was where to go on our Honeymoon--he wanted some place tropical, I wanted to go to Disney World. So, I compromised--we went on a Disney Cruise :sail:after spending 4 days at Disney World. He found out, I was right and we had a very magical time!!

Also joining us will be our son, Jimmy!
20150526_200427 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr
dateposted-public

Jimmy has been born and raised "Disney"! Rob and I baby-mooned at Disney World then brought Jimmy for his 2nd birthday and again for Christmas when he was 4. He is really excited this trip about meeting Baymax (fingers crossed he's still there in December!) and taking Grandpa on Splash Mountain, so he can get a wet tooshie!!:earboy2:

Next up is my Mom.
AK_OUTFITTERSCHAR1_375968276181 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr
dateposted-public

Mom is another who didn't know she loved Disney til she went with me!!!! Her first trip was to Disneyland when she was 9 years old. The only part she remembers is It's a Small World, so that is always a favorite at WDW. We went to Disney World as a family in 2004 when I was 22 and my brother was 18. She was hooked. We have gone on two Mom-Daughter trips since then, Christmas 2005 and November 2015 to say farewall to the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights!!!

Last, but certainly not least, "Flat Pat!"
20151027_180803 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr
dateposted-public

Well, THIS is Flat Pat who joined Mom and I on our November trip. It was actually my parents' 35th wedding anniversary but we left the real Pat at home. We took Flat Pat along on our adventure :) For THIS trip, the real pat will join us!!

And there you have it! The cast of characters for the biggest, hopefully best!, trip I've ever planned to WDW. I hope you'll hang in there with me as I try to navigate this whole PTR writing experience!!!

I appreciate any tips, pointers, flat out instruction giving, etc. that will help me make this better....starting with--can you even see the pictures I added above??

Love and smooches,
Jackie

Last edited:
Here! Great start! I loved it & can't wait to hear all about your trip!

I can't see the pictures, but I am mobile & sometimes that happens to me... So don't take my word. Lol

D~

I'm here, I'm here!

You weren't kidding about needing some help with your photos! Sadly, I don't use Flickr, so I have no clue how to tell you to get to the link for each photo that you need to use in your DIS posts. What I do know is that the URL for the photo should end in .jpg or .png or .gif . The links you're using do not, so I think that's why the photos aren't showing up for you using the DIS's image tool.

I did find a work-around, though. When you're looking at the photo in Flicker, down in the bottom right corner, you should see an arrow that looks like this:

jackie2.png

Click the arrow, then choose "BB Code." I would change the Dimension to Medium 480 x 640.

jackie3.png

Then cut and paste the text there in the box directly into your post. Like so:

jackie1.png

And your picture should show up in your post looking like this:

20150504_140739 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

If you don't want that text at the bottom of the photo, in the 4 lines of code that you pasted, just delete the bottom two lines.

I hope this helps! Like I said, I don't use Flickr, so I'm just winging it here! :cutie:

Here! Great start! I loved it & can't wait to hear all about your trip!

I can't see the pictures, but I am mobile & sometimes that happens to me... So don't take my word. Lol

D~
Thanks for popping in!! :) I think Billie got my picture issues sorted--thank God I have you guys to get me on track here!!! I

I'm second!
I can't see them either are you grabbing the IMG one?

Yay!!! :welcome: My turn to welcome YOU to a PTR!!

I'm in for this one! Can't wait to see what you have planned!

Welcome!!! Thanks for jumping on board--hopefully I'll figure it all out soon, so you don't run away from boredom!!

I'm here, I'm here!

You weren't kidding about needing some help with your photos! Sadly, I don't use Flickr, so I have no clue how to tell you to get to the link for each photo that you need to use in your DIS posts. What I do know is that the URL for the photo should end in .jpg or .png or .gif . The links you're using do not, so I think that's why the photos aren't showing up for you using the DIS's image tool.

I did find a work-around, though. When you're looking at the photo in Flicker, down in the bottom right corner, you should see an arrow that looks like this:

jackie2.png

Click the arrow, then choose "BB Code." I would change the Dimension to Medium 480 x 640.

jackie3.png

Then cut and paste the text there in the box directly into your post. Like so:

jackie1.png

And your picture should show up in your post looking like this:

20150504_140739 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

If you don't want that text at the bottom of the photo, in the 4 lines of code that you pasted, just delete the bottom two lines.

I hope this helps! Like I said, I don't use Flickr, so I'm just winging it here! :cutie:

The award for best DISer this week goes to.........YOU!!!!!! Thanks for helping me get pictures in this darn thing!! I will investigate other options because that was sort of complicated, but hey, I'll take what I can get. THANK YOU!

Now on with the darn report already!

Here! Can't wait to hear all about this trip!!

Now, where were we??

OK, planning the vow renewal for #LagoniWeDoRedo!!

20150610_084540 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

We decided this would be a great idea while we were at Disney World celebrating Christmas with Jimmy in 2013.
DSC03634 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Basically, all I planned was we would do it in 2016 for our 10th anniversary. Then, I kept calling Disney and trying to book the trip and they'd say, "It's too soon." So, I'd wait some more and call again, "Nope. Your trip is too far away. Please call back no more than 500 days out." I'm sitting here like, PLEASE, Disney!!! I have the money. Please take my money. I just really wanted the trip booked!! Is it too much to ask for a confirmation #?!!

So my brother got married...and we waited.
20140628_181746 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

20140701_162149 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

We went to the Wiconsin Dells...and we waited.
DSC04648 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

DSC05274 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

We Walked to End Alzheimer's....met the scariest Mickey in the world....and still we waited.
my camera 9-28 320 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Did the Polar Plunge into Lake Michigan....and waited some more.
DSC05143 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Summer came, another CUP was won, and FINALLY, the trip was booked on day 500!!
20150615_173303 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

After all that waiting...I'll have to keep you waiting a little bit more.

Love and Smooches,
Jackie

Hallmark shop nights and weekends

I didn't know this.. Did you get the new castle ornament with fireworks?
I DID!!! along with the pooh one. Going back for Dumbo!

He found out, I was right and we had a very magical time!!

isn't always the case?

Jimmy has been born and raised "Disney"!

WHEN did he get to big? STOP IT!!!

November 2015 to say farewall to the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights!!!

You and your Mom were wonderful! so happy to meet you both!!!! FINALLY!

"Flat Pat!"

this is seriously the funniest thing EVER.

For THIS trip, the real pat will join us!!

YAY! 4-d Pat!!! :cool1:

starting with--can you even see the pictures I added above??

your a rock star now!

My turn to welcome YOU to a PTR!!

:wave:
Hi!

Thanks!!

We decided this would be a great idea while we were at Disney World celebrating Christmas with Jimmy in 2013.

cutest picture ever!

We Walked to End Alzheimer's....met the scariest Mickey in the world....and still we waited.

*** is THAT?!?!

Remember it can be worse..

2D7B98C600000578-3274882-image-a-107_1445024039927.jpg

Did the Polar Plunge into Lake Michigan....and waited some more.

You do this a lot.. and i really think you have a screw loose!!!

Summer came, another CUP was won, and FINALLY, the trip was booked on day 500!!

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!
happy-dance.gif

After all that waiting...I'll have to keep you waiting a little bit more.
ac0b9cc0-b2ab-0131-b74a-762f89f17723.gif

This is crap..

When-Cashier-Calls-You-Maam.gif

Oh man, so much waiting to book your trip! I don't think I've ever planned that far out. Right now though I'm impatiently waiting for the Disneyland packages to open for next year so I can book that!

That is one scary Mickey! I wonder if that is Rizzo trying to pose as Mickey again? :rotfl:

That is one scary Mickey! I wonder if that is Rizzo trying to pose as Mickey again? :rotfl:

YES! That is EXACTLY what he looked like!!! So skinny and with that weirdly pointy nose!!

I didn't know this.. Did you get the new castle ornament with fireworks?
I DID!!! along with the pooh one. Going back for Dumbo!
The castle and Dumbo are both repeats from previous seasons, so I actually have both of them :) But keep your eyes peeled for Mickey's Christmas train, which is coming soon--it'll be a larger display where you can add a piece every couple weeks. Haven't seen it in person yet, but the pics look pretty cute!!

WHEN did he get to big? STOP IT!!!

I know, right?! I feel the same about your kids when I see pics, especially on FB when you have Timehop memories. It's going too fast!!
YAY! 4-d Pat!!! :cool1:

He's pretty excited, too :) He did not mind at all being left at home in November; however, people kept looking at us funny when they'd see my Mom's anniversary button, ask where he was and then we'd show them Flat Pat and say he was in Chicago. We thought it was hilarious---other people thought we were crazy!

You do this a lot.. and i really think you have a screw loose!!!

We meet at a bar...for 2 hours before...and the rest of the day. Totally worth it for a quick in-and-out plunge!! :drinking1

This is crap..

HAHAHA!! Doesn't feel so good, does it?!

So, on Day 500, we booked the December trip!!!
We booked December 21st til January 1st in a Preferred room at Disney's Pop Century Resort! We added on 10 day Park Hoppers and the Memory Maker, too. When we went to WDW for Christmas in 2013, we received the free quick service dining plan and upgraded to the regular plan. We LOVED it, so I was hoping we'd be able to take advantage of that offer should it come up again this year. I remembered that we had to arrive by 12/21 last time, so that's why I picked that as our arrival date.....then I crossed my fingers!

10 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr
I had been researching Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings and trying to find out more about their vow renewals. I ordered their free planning materials--they arrived and weren't very helpful, other than stating the names of the packages and some of the inclusions. There were no prices and no REAL information or how to's for starting to plan. So, I called. Once again--too early--seriously, Disney? Just take my money. I was given the very basic information that the vow renewal package would cost $2,495. We would not be able to book it until six months out (we were at day 500, people, this was seriously TOO FAR away!) Vow renewals can be booked M-F and it would be before 3:30 p.m. That was pretty much it, and I was not able to ask any of my more specific questions until I could speak with a coordinator.....which I would not be able to do until June 2016...keep in mind we are still in August 2015 at this point.

So, I made my Mom and Dad's reservation and set everyone up on My Disney Experience, and then, I'm sure you can guess what we did!!!!! .......That's right! We WAITED some more!

Enjoy these pictures of Christmas 2013 while we wait for 2016 to get here.

DSC03541 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

DSC03565 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

DSC03581 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

DSC03621 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr
WE INTERRUPT THIS PTR WITH IMPORTANT DISNEY NEWS!! Disney announced that 2015 would be the final year for the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights!! Cue an uproar at my parents' house!!!! A little back story here....in 2007, Rob and I, my parents and my brother PJ and his then girlfriend, Chrissy, all spent Christmas in Disney World. On our last night, we saw Fantasmic! After the show, Rob and I wanted to head to Streets of America to see the lights once more before leaving. My Dad (Pat) wanted to head back to the hotel, so my Mom grudgingly went back with him instead of coming along to see the lights like she wanted to. When we began planning this 2016 trip, she could not stop talking about how she FINALLY would get to see the lights again and how she had missed them last time and it was ALL DAD'S FAULT. When the big announcement came that the lights wouldn't make it to 2016, she FLIPPED. OUT.

When I heard the news, I was at the ballpark celebrating Halfway to St. Paddy's Day with my White Sox. I started jokingly suggesting we should just plan a Mother-Daughter trip and get down there to see them once more! Looking over our calendars it seemed like the weekend of November 15th would be perfect for us (and everyone else in the free world!!!! It was SO crowded!!!) So, we somehow managed to squeeze in a quick trip. It was so very magical :) I got to have my first DIS meets, though only remembered to get a picture with Mo after totally spacing out when I met Mo and Ariana together (DUH!!!) and we got to say our goodbyes to the lights!! We attended our first MVMCP and the dessert part for the lights.

DSC05613 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr
This one courtesy of @ChicagoMo--why can't I find the one of us together?!

DSC05604 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr
Here's "Flat Pat" enjoying a cocktail at the dessert party. He is always the life of the party! :rotfl:

So, 2016 arrived and I gave Disney Fairy Tale Weddings another call. Same story, nope, you cannot talk to a coordinator until six months out. This CM had a little more information though, we need to know what date we want to reserve when we call six months out, and we have to have a reservation number. Seriously? I have known the date since last year--I am ridiculously over prepared for this trip and of course I have had my reservation for several months by now. But, sure, I'll call again in six months.

I started researching disney weddings on the DIS boards, reading other trip reports that included Disney weddings or vow renewals. I ended up on the website www.disneyweddingminister.com and jotted down Rev. Tim's contact information just for the heck of it. (This will be important later!)

Sorry, folks, it's back to work for me!!! I hope this will hold you til tomorrow :)

Love and smooches,
Jackie

So, I called. Once again--too early--seriously, Disney? Just take my money.

I think this is becoming a famous line in ALL PTR'S!!! seriously! COME ON DISNEY JUST TAKE IT ALL!!
Did you sign up for the Disney Vacation account? that will take your money without doubt! LOL

and everyone else in the free world!!!! It was SO crowded!!!)

this is no joke.. you said it perfectly!

I got to have my first DIS meets, though only remembered to get a picture with Mo after totally spacing out when I met Mo and Ariana together (DUH!!!)

Because you were running!!! It was like a Hey I know you.. Then ran away! HA HA HA HA HA

This one courtesy of @ChicagoMo--why can't I find the one of us together?!

OMG! This had my in stitches!!!

There were no prices and no REAL information or how to's for starting to plan.

Why does this not surprise me? I love Disney but they really can be disorganized sometimes!

That was pretty much it, and I was not able to ask any of my more specific questions until I could speak with a coordinator.....which I would not be able to do until June 2016...keep in mind we are still in August 2015 at this point.

:furious:

When the big announcement came that the lights wouldn't make it to 2016, she FLIPPED. OUT.

I don't blame her! That was one of the main reasons (besides friends there) that I needed to go back in 2015.

Looking over our calendars it seemed like the weekend of November 15th would be perfect for us (and everyone else in the free world!!!! It was SO crowded!!!)

And perfect for meeting certain people. ::yes::

I got to have my first DIS meets, though only remembered to get a picture with Mo after totally spacing out when I met Mo and Ariana together (DUH!!!)

Well there were two more of us there that knew we should have taken pictures! You would have thought one of us would have remembered!

I love the picture with Goofy and the upside down sign and of course the one with Pluto.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter