• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly Trip Report. Started off, great, and ended not so magical.

Great updates! I love the picture of you and Tigger, he's my favorite.

I like the picture of you staring at that HM line. And your Disneybounding outfit, you are too cute.

Sorry you got nervous at dinner :( I remember that thread. You sound like such a nice person. I would have sat there as long as possible (the number of parties are a sore spot with me)

I really tried not to think about it, but I couldn't help it. So disappointing since I had such good luck there last two years. At least I got to eat a decent amount at breakfast. Eating out is just so stressful for me, and all that nonsense in my head from that thread didn't help the situation. :(

I like doing the subtle disneybound thing, it's fun. On my Epcot day, I did Belle (yellow skirt and yellow shirt), but I had to wear that chartreuse sweater because the yellow shirt was new, and I didn't realize it was so thin, and I didn't like the way it looked with my bra underneath. My bra was sort of lacy, so I put the cardigan over it.

Oooh, love fragrance splurges. That's one of my weaknesses. Not into shoes or bags, but perfume will get me.

That interesting about the ice cream. That reminded me of a time in Epcot-France where I got this sandwich on a baguette and it was inedible, completely. I went up and plopped it on the counter (on the side away from the people) and told them it stunk and just left it there LOL. Didn't ask for money back or anything.

Do you drink a lot of milk? I imagine that's a good way to get calories in quickly!

Yikes, people sitting on you! I'm glad you weren't more hurt, that's crazy. People just lose their minds at fireworks. So a 3 turned out to be a 7, that's a pretty big difference.

MVMCP

Guess what day it is!

image.jpeg

This day, was a sleep in day, to relax and get a late start, since it was our party night. Just ate a late breakfast at the resort since we were going to eat a late lunch at the Grand Floridian.

First thing we did was thoroughly check out the gingerbread house. Pretty cool. Cannot imagine doing all the work that goes into that. Sat in the lobby a bit, every time I go there, I wish I could afford to stay ther. We also went through the stores in the hotel. I didn't buy anything though. I think I smelled every single soap in that one shop, looking for a souvenir for my friend, but I didn't find anything that I thought she would definitely like. She is very particular with her fragrances, so I didn't want to bring her home something she would not like.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Then, it was time for Afternoon Tea. I wasn't able to get an ADR for it the last two years, and I was very glad to get it this year. I thought it was very good. I would go again.

We both ordered the Bedfordshire Tea. Everything I ate was wonderful, but there was no way I could eat everything, which made me sad, because it was good. Linda didn't even completely finish her plate.

image.jpeg

The photos of the food are from The Mouse For Less. It started with the bottom left plate. IIRC, the sandwiches were cucumber and watercress, egg salad, and chicken salad. It took me forever, but I ate all of them, and they were delicious. The little open face sandwich was golden beet and Boursin cheese, I believe. Also very good, ate all of that, too. There were two pieces of cheese with the lavash. The lavash was too hard to swallow, but it did taste good. I couldn't eat the fruit. The cheese was cheddar and sage Derby. I liked both, but didn't quite finish them. I also really liked the little caramelized onion tart. So good. I would like to make them at some point. (Years ago, when I worked at my step mom's bakery I made delicious Caramelized Onion, Thyme, & Goat Cheese Tarts. They were amazing. I don't even like goat cheese, and they were good. I made them for a catering, for myself I might sub out the goat cheese with something I like better.) All I could manage was one bite of the scone. I was too full to eat the little tart. Linda ate my chocolate strawberry. I had one bite of the eclair, and one bite of the cream puff. I really enjoyed it, but it was way too much food for me.

Continued next post --------->

Continued from above...

image.jpeg

Me at MK..

It was then onto the MK. We got there just a tiny bit early, and then we got in line and got to go through and scan, and then get our bands. Oh I jist remembered, I forgot to say, that my fingerprint scanner thinger was giving me a hard time every day for each entrance. :/ I don't know if it's because of my severe neuropathy or what. My hands are always ice cold, and also they kept asking me if I was pressing too hard. I had no clue how hard I was pressing because my hands are completely numb. Anyway, they ended up taking my photo, and the CMs with the iPads were always coming over.

When I made the FP+ for this day, I could only get two, because of them cutting back the time you could schedule them. So, all I was able to get after much trying, was the Jingle Cruise from 3:45 - 4:45 and 7DMT from 4:50 - 5:50. For some reason, I cannot remember why, we decided to ride Pirates before our FP+ for JC. While we were in line, I told Linda about the getting wet on Pirates thread and as we were getting closer, I decided I was putting on a poncho, because I didn't want to get wet, but also because I had a white shirt on that day, and that could have been particularly bad. Since I had my dollar store poncho, I might as well put it to good use. You should have seen some of the people in line looking at us like we were completely nuts and more than a few eye rolls. I didn't care. Linda wasn't going to, but she decided to wear one also. We sat in the very back row and three women from Scotland were in front of us, and when they got in and saw us in our ponchos, they asked if it was a wet ride. I was like, weellll... And explained really fast. They threw on ponchos quickly. I told them, now that we're prepared, nothing will happen.

:D When we got in the boat, there was just a tiny bit of water on the floor, a drop or two on the seats. It looked like the people sitting in the front row got a little splash. I saw a few wet marks on the guys' shirts and a few drops on one guy's head. The conveyor belt was definitely wet and slick on the way out.

image.jpeg
Linda with the sword and some rum... :D You would think that was what we looked like with all the stares we were getting when we put on ponchos. I was not missing out on riding one of my most favorite rides! Poncho for me, thanks!

When we got to Jungle Cruise, I was just about to scan my band, to use my FastPass+, I heard Linda freaking out behind me. She realized that her Magic Band was gone. We knew she had it while on Pirates, so we went back to see if it had been turned in by some miracle. Didn't want to have to go through the trouble of getting it replaced, if I didn't have to. I kept telling her that it was ok, she was literally shaking, I'm like - it'll be fine, I know what to do if it's lost..... We spoke to a Cast Member named Timmy. He called to see if anyone found the band and we chatted while waiting to see if it was found. He asked us what other rides we'd been on and what else we would be doing. We told him we'd just gotten there, and only rode Pirates, and mentioned that our detour to get the lost Magic Band was going to cause us to miss our Jungle Cruise FastPass+. Timmy very kindly gave us a paper FP for the ride. We really appreciated that. When I got home, I wrote guest relations about him. They ended up emailing me back and calling me, and I was so sick and some other stuff happened and I never did end up speaking to someone personally about it. So, I hope that he got something good noted in his file, or recognition or whatever they do.

image.jpeg

Leaving Adventureland.

After that, we left Adventureland and headed to Fanatsyland. I went on Mine Train myself because she didn't want to ride. She got a drink and I was done riding, before she even got her beverage. I should have taken her MB and rode twice, but she was paranoid about losing it again and wouldn't take it off.

I decided that since I had time and we didn't really have anything else planned for then that I would like to ride Dumbo, since I hadn't ridden it since I was a little kid.

image.jpeg

Me on the bridge to Tomorrowland going to walk over to see Voice Play.

To tell you the truth, I'm a little foggy on the rest of the timeline for that night. The hub area was definitely very crowded but we did see the Frozen Holiday Wish, CTM and Holiday Wishes, the parade, Tomorrowland Xmas (only caught the end), Voice Play (they were great), and Celebrate the Season. I also remember riding Haunted Mansion. The parade we watched from somewhere in Frontierland, we watched a lot of the hub stuff from the Wishes FP+ area.

image.jpeg

From Wishes FP area.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

One thing was, I really wanted to meet Flynn Rider and Rapunzel, but she thought the wait was too long. :( I should have insisted for that one.

image.jpeg

Did I mention I really wanted to meet Rapunzel and Flynn? Sad I didn't. Tangled is one of my favorite Disney movies. Here's a cartoon I made with me as Rapunzel. :D

We ended up leaving at about 11:30 ish, I think. I will say that I am glad that I went to MVMCP, but I liked MNSSHP better, but that could very well be because Halloween is my favorite holiday, and I am not that keen on Christmas. I was really thinking that it would finally get me in the Xmas mood, but to be honest, it never felt like Xmas even with all the decorations as stuff because it wasn't cold. I guess being a northerner Xmas and cold, goes together. The last photo I took, on the way out with the tree behind me and it's "snowing" makes me laugh. It was so warm that day and night that I never had to wear the orange cardigan I had in my purse. Lol.

image.jpeg

Steps walked according to my iPhone was 13,769. Not sure what to say about crowd levels. It felt more crowded than the Halloween party last year to me, and that MNSSHP I went to was sold out, but I think that because I saw more shows and was in the hub area. I do not believe that this MVMCP was sold out.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Oooh, love fragrance splurges. That's one of my weaknesses. Not into shoes or bags, but perfume will get me.

That interesting about the ice cream. That reminded me of a time in Epcot-France where I got this sandwich on a baguette and it was inedible, completely. I went up and plopped it on the counter (on the side away from the people) and told them it stunk and just left it there LOL. Didn't ask for money back or anything.

Do you drink a lot of milk? I imagine that's a good way to get calories in quickly!

Yikes, people sitting on you! I'm glad you weren't more hurt, that's crazy. People just lose their minds at fireworks. So a 3 turned out to be a 7, that's a pretty big difference.

What are some of your favorite scents and fragrances?
It's been quite a while since I did a fragrance splurge. My first very big splurge was when I went to England and Scotland and I finally found a fragrance that smelled like Violet's and I purchased Penhaligon's Violetta. When I went the exchange rate was almost 2:1. So, basically anything that cost £100 was like $198. :crazy2: So that perfume was very dear to me. I ended up getting two more bottles when I went to Las Vegas two different years, for conventions for work, Penhaligon's had a store in the Ceasars Forum Shops. Violetta was my go to nice perfume, and I still have it. On another trip to NYC when I went home for my 25th high school reunion I bought another bottle of Moschino Coture! And I'm glad I did, because that fragrance is gone now! I still have a bit left in that bottle, I use it rarely. Some other trips I have been on, I always used to like bringing a new, cheaper perfume to use on the trip and then that scent would remind me of the trip. One trip to Disney, I brought a pear fragrance, to Belgium and The Netherlands, I brought Sweet Pea..... It annoys me these liquid restrictions, I don't get to bring my scents on my trips anymore.

I also love shoes and bags. I had a seriously bad shoe problem. Like you don't even know. Lol. It didn't help when I became the store manager for The Shoe DEPT. :rotfl: I have been good though, now that I'm not working, I don't buy shoes. Probably because I have enough pairs of shoes until I die. Lol. Plus, I cannot really wear my heels anymore, I'm not that steady on them. Now purses, I am not as bad as I used to be, but over the last year, I have been buying some. But I have been using them. However, I am not buying any for at least 6 months, because I bought two at WDW and I ordered two Vera Bradley bags last night! :D

I got a Haunted Mansion wallpaper tablet bag. I like it a lot. Been using it almost every week for my hospital appointments, I just throw in my tiny wallet, car keys and iPad and I'm good to go. I like to have my iPad for the wait to kill time before Drs appts. The Mickey bag I have use quite a few times for going shopping and out to do a couple of social things. It holds a good amount.

image.jpeg

For the VB bags, the pattern on the left is Marrakesh, and the one on the right is called Fanfare. I was looking for something to wear with darker blue in it. I wanted the Where's Mickey VB Bag, but that was long gone by the time I got to WDW. :(
I like the Fanfare because it's more neutral with the black and white, but not boring since it has the pop of color with the yellow/chartreuse. I guess both patterns are being retired because they were marked down a lot. They were almost $30 a piece, plus I got free shipping. I think the original price for them was $78 each.

image.jpeg

That stinks about the food. I'll tell you, majority of the restaurants where I live, stink. It used to annoy me to go out and pay money for food that wasn't anywhere near as good as what I can cook. I don't mind paying for food when it's good. I had no problem paying for an expensive meal that was prepared well.

I actually do drink a lot of milk. I know it's controversial for some people, but when you cannot keep weight on, and everything else burns, and doesn't have enough calories, it works for me. I've always loved milk, and I have always drank it. My nails, are gorgeous and grow super long, I swear it's the milk. ;) :p

Yeah, I seriously cannot believe she thought she would fit in the space that was there, she was 3.5 times my size, I'm not kidding. I don't know if she was trying to intimidate me and make me get up or what. Crazy people! And I HATE being touched by people I don't know, never mind sitting on me. Nutball. I had an incident at the gate at Buckingham Palace where we were standing up at the black gates waiting on the changing of the guards. Some woman with an accent I didn't recognize, stood behind me and climbed up onto the stone wall, which they do not want you to do, and straddled me! OMG. I was freaking out. She was like on me. WTH? She wouldn't get off me. Her husband was next to me and reeked of body odor. Good grief I couldn't take it. I pushed myself away from her and she took my spot, which is what I'm sure she wanted, even though I sat there for an hour with my friends and waited so I could have that spot, and she comes up with no time and bullies me out. So, I missed the changing of the guards. We had a tour we were going on later in the week and were supposed to see it again, and I didn't want to go back, they didn't blame me, so we spent the time in a near by park which was lovely, and then rejoined the tour afterwords and carried on with the rest of the tour. I think maybe we did the Tower of London that day, I forget, gee that was 12 years ago now, maybe.... I'm getting so old.

Yes, I expected the crowds to be heavier, especially after what we saw with October, but I never expected it to be even more over than what they adjusted the predictions to be after they saw the October trend and upped all the levels. So much for the wonderful slow times in October and November. Gone, gone, gone. Rope drop, FP+ and having a detailed plan worked well for me though. Plus I don't go hard core and try to squeeze everything into one day. And let me edit in that originally when I started planning, a lot of my days were projected to be level 2's and 3's!

Last edited:
LAST MAGIC KINGDOM DAY

image.jpeg

Last day for being in the Magic Kingdom is always sad. :( We ate a late breakfast at the resort, since it was a sleep in day, although I would have loved to stay the whole day and ride all my favorites again. Linda doesn't seem to like to re-ride the rides. Basically more once and done. There are a handful of rides I'd really like to repeat.

I also got a lot of my stuff around in the morning and packed up what I didn't need anymore to make it easier to leave, since we had to get up at 4 am on the day we were flying home. Also, no one ever called me back about those 3 bulky items that I wanted to be shipped home, and they were at the resort, and I had to go pick them up after after breakfast.

image.jpeg

Our first FP+ of the day was 1:40 - 2:40 at Haunted Mansion, which we had rode SB the night before. I like to ride this a couple of times. I don't know if my eyeballs are getting old (I do have cataracts, a bit) or what, but I feel like each year I go back, it gets darker and darker and I can see less and less in there. At this point, multiple rides are a necessity so I make sure I can see everything. Lol.

We looked through Momento Mori and I had that Haunted Mansion wallpaper bag and a hatbox ghost tee shirt delivered home.

image.jpeg

Apparently, there was room for 1001. Linda and I as Happy Haunts. :D

We did Hall of Presidents. Linda didn't remember that we saw it our 2013 trip. When we got out of there it was about time for the 3 o'clock parade, and we didn't really have anything else to do, so we stopped and got a spot just before the bridge. There were some tourists, girls in their early 20's, that were very excited by a lot of the characters and really seemed to be enjoying the parade. It was kind of fun to watch their excitement. They especially we're excited when Mickey and Minnie came through at the end.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Maleficent about to flambé a young child. I may have slightly edited this image....

After that we were kind of wandering over towards Fantasyland. Had a 7DMT FP+ 3:40-4:40. Linda had said she didn't want to ride again. I would have like to ride twice, but again, she didn't want to take the band off for fear of losing it. Geeze Louise. (I cancelled her FP+.) I sat next to a big guy, that hung on for dear life. Only kidding, sort of.

image.jpeg

Continued next post ------------>

After that, there was some rain showers coming through. We ended up just hanging out in Bonjour! Village Gifts. I also had wanted to try and meet Gaston, but couldn't seem to time it right, and Linda also didn't want to wait.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I have resting beyotch face, I didn't even have to make a grumpy face to fit in with this dude. Lol

After the rain shower passed we walked over to BOG since that line to check in for your ADR seems like it's always huge. This was our first dinner there. We had eaten lunch there last year. The chef was very sweet. He took his time with me and asked me lots of questions and then put together a plate for me. A little cup of the potato soup, a little cup of French onion without the bread and cheese (they are choking hazards), cauliflower purée, and some roasted eggplant and zucchini. I was able to eat enough that I was full, and could not order any desert.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg image.jpeg

image.jpeg

It was after 6:30 when we got out of dinner and we headed down to the hub. We had FP+ for Wishes. Linda wanted to call her husband so we just went in there early, plus I kind of wanted to be in there before the parade because of how the crowd levels had been running. We watched the tops of the floats from there. Then watched Wishes.

After Wishes we went up to Frontierland and watched the Electric Parade from up there. After that, I honestly don't remember if we did much else. It was EMH (12am), and I remember I did want to stay late, but we left by 10, I believe. Hate when it's time to leave MK for the last time.

The iPhone has 11,768 steps for the day. It was not a recommended day from Josh, since it was EMH (and his calendar had it as level 2), but since I had no park hoppers this trip and wanted to see the parade and Wishes, I went anyway. Touring plans projected it as a 6 and crowd levels ended up as 8.

Last edited:

I love milk. I seriously crave it if I don't have a glass or two a day. Must be my Irish heritage, I don't think my people would have survived without milk!

Glad you liked the Tea at the GF. I did the princess one with my DD, I think it's the same menu although they switch out the pastries at the end for cake.

How nice of the chef to prepare a special meal for you at BOG.

I'm so confused, why was your friend scared to take off her band and give you the FP? Doesn't sound like she was the most amiable travel companion!

I love milk. I seriously crave it if I don't have a glass or two a day. Must be my Irish heritage, I don't think my people would have survived without milk!

Glad you liked the Tea at the GF. I did the princess one with my DD, I think it's the same menu although they switch out the pastries at the end for cake.

How nice of the chef to prepare a special meal for you at BOG.

I'm so confused, why was your friend scared to take off her band and give you the FP? Doesn't sound like she was the most amiable travel companion!

I get a lot of people preaching to me about how I shouldn't drink milk. Drives me nuts. They should just worry about the food and drink they put in their bodies not what I put in mine.

Majority of the chefs are pretty good about trying to make something you can eat, and a few have really gone above and beyond. I always email guest services when they do. I appreciate being able to eat something. Disney is taxing on a healthy body, and I'm not exactly healthy, makes it even harder for me to get through the day if I don't have enough calories in me. Also, at 105 lbs, it's not like I have weight to lose.

With the FP+ and MB, she did that prior times, but she was now paranoid after losing her band that day of the party. She had me put on one of my magic band sliders snd that sucker was not going to accidentally slip off anymore. I had told her to bring her extra magic band for back up, and she didn't. I brought my last years band. If she would have brought hers, I would have just wrapped it around my purse and been able to easily use the FP she didn't. We won't be traveling together anymore, so it won't be an issue... I will be finishing up my report throughout today, into tonight, I hope.

Last edited:
EPCOT, AGAIN, & IT'S THE LAST DAY OF THE TRIP, STARTED OFF WELL, ENDED BADLY.

Last day was spent at Epcot, and we were there for rope drop. We went straight to Soarin', and we also had a FP+ for it later, because I know that Linda said it was one of her favorites. After Soarin', we did Living With The Land.

Next up was Spaceship Earth, which we had a FP+ for. The last few times I've been through that ride, the smell kills me. I'm not talking about the burning/fire smell. There is something else besides that. Like body odor or something. I've had to breathe into my scarf to get through it. Ack.

image.jpeg

We then went to World Showcase and it wasn't crowded at all, because it wasn't yet open, so I took a bunch of photos.
It's so beautiful. Here are a few shots I took, edited and with HDR applied.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
After that, we went to Les Halles for an early lunch and I had more of that yummy Lobster Bisque and I also got a little box of Macarons to snack on throughout the day. Cannot really find them here, and it was nice for a little treat.

image.jpeg

When done with lunch I thought we would see about the character meet with Aladdin and Jasmine, since we missed that on the first Epcot day.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

A camel in a fez, because fezzes are cool. :D

image.jpeg

Obviously, I made a little magic shot of my own, here. When I met them, I said, "Hello, Princess Jasmine, hi, street rat." They both quickly said, "Diamond in the rough!"

We went back to Future World. Ready for a rest we went to Ellen's Energy. Then, used our FP+ for the Character Spot. After that, we did the Seas and Turtle Talk and that stuff.

image.jpeg

We took a little 3 o'clock snack and coffee break. I ate the rest of my Macarons. Then we headed to Soarin' to use our FP+. Looking forward to when the new movie is running and the expansion is done.

Continued below ------>

image.jpeg

Missed posting this shot in Morocco above, so I'm posting it here. Lol

We then headed back to world showcase. I think we decided to take the water taxi, just for something different to do. We did some window shopping and I had wanted to see Matsuriza, but somehow we didn't. Idk if I had the show times wrong or what. I thought there was supposed to be a show at 5pm.

We went through the shop in Japan to look around in there until our ADR, which was at 5:50 at Teppan Edo.
We were seated and our chef came out pretty much right away. We were the last two at the table/grill to be seated. The chef was very entertaining. I got the Miso soup, but I thought it was terrible. It was not at all what I was used to eating. It tasted fishy, sour and like seaweed, but none of that in a good way. Also it was really "thin" and didn't feel like it was going down right. It was giving me "the cough" like it was going into my lungs. Didn't eat it. I ordered the scallops because I can usually swallow them when I make them at home. The chef was entertaining.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Well, the food was good, but I couldn't eat it, and I ended up choking and aspirated. Badly. Now, I know I joked about this, but I seriously didn't think it would happen. (See this post if you have no idea what I'm talking about.) It was bad. I must of got a lot in my lungs, because I was really having trouble breathing. I couldn't eat my food. Linda finished her meal. I needed to use the ladies room, and I was really not good. I couldn't take a full breath at all. I was getting a little dizzy and have to say, I was a tad nervous about totally locking the stall door behind me, so I just sort of wedged the door, so if anyone needed to, they could just push on the door. I pretty much thought I was going to pass out, twice. On the way out of the ladies room, I told Linda, this is not good. I had to sit. I was really struggling. I sat down in the waiting area.

I had aspirated on a green bean once, while I was in the hospital, after one of my surgeries. They had given me oxygen, and it definitely made a big difference for me. So, I thought that if I could just get to first aid, that some oxygen would help me. I looked up first aid on my phone, and the only one I saw was at the front of the park. No way was I going to be able to make it all the way there. I told Linda that I needed her to go speak to management and figure out how to get me to first aid, or to get them to me... The restaurant manager came out to speak to me, and I don't think he was really understanding what I was saying. Then, an upper management CM gentleman in plaid (I couldn't remember his name) came and talked to me. I explained to him my issue and how I was sure oxygen would help, and he informed me that first aid did not have oxygen and he would need to call Reedy Creek EMTs. That was kind of the last thing I wanted to do. One, because I knew that they were going to want to take me to the hospital. Two, because of everyone looking at me and I didn't want to have a "scene". I pretty much had no choice, because I could only take shallow breaths and couldn't stop coughing and wheezing.

I closed my eyes and tried to block everything and everyone out and just concentrate on my breathing. Thank goodness that I worked on stress relieving techniques, calming behaviors, and things to help with anxiety and panic attacks with my doctor for a few weeks before my trip. I definitely needed it now.

When the EMTs got there my heart rate was 150. Oxygen saturation level was 76 and BP was 150/110. Couldn't breathe and head was pounding. I explained the whole thing, cancer survivor, have disphagia, blah blah blah, was trying to tell them that I would be fine with oxygen. No ER! They were a little dubious. One guy said that I was having a panic attack. I'm like, no, I am not having a panic attack. I get panic attacks and know what they are. I aspirated. The other guy did hook me up with oxygen, but said he wasn't sure how long they would be able to stay there with me, and they may have to take me to the ER, but he said he'd give me some time, and see. One good thing was that they had the gurney blocking where I was sitting, and then the upper management cast member, and some other had formed a semi circle where they were facing out, and that was basically blocking me from the view of the other guests, which was good. One of my serious anxiety triggers, is people staring at me. All I could see, was Linda on my left, and in my far left peripheral vision, another couple next to her. I had glanced over in that direction and the couple looked concerned and worried and not judgmental or anything, which helped. I just closed my eyes, and put my head down and concentrated on my breathing and tried to relax.

After they hooked me up a while, levels came down. Ox sat 92 and heart rate lower at 114. They actually did still want to take me to the ER, but I had heard Linda saying about how we had an early flight, and all that, and I thought with some rest I would be ok. I still felt pretty dire though, but at least I could mostly breathe again. I had to sign saying that I was refusing to go to the ER, but they made me promise that if I needed to, I would call 911 from the hotel phone.

The manager was so nice, I knew I was not going to be able to walk all the way out of the park. He said he wanted to get me a car and drive me straight home to Pop. I thought if I had a wheelchair I could take the bus. I felt like I was already causing issues and didn't want to be a pain. He insisted. Which honestly, thank goodness he did, it was the best thing, and I wouldn't have made it there with the bus. He got wheel chair and he pushed me out. It was raining so me and Linda put on our ponchos. He wheeled me and led us around the backstage area where a plaid came to drive us back to pop. His name was Chris. He was very nice, and worked there for years, started in the college program. Really nice kid. (I of course sent emails to guest relations about all this when I got home to thank those two guys for going above and beyond.) I tried to give Chris a tip, which he would not accept.

I was supposed to pack, but the short walk to the room was killer, and I literally crash landed, fully clothed, into the bed. I told Linda to please take care of setting alarms or scheduling a wake up call, do whatever necessary to make sure we were up at 4 am, since I'm the one who always does all that stuff. I stuck my head under the covers and I actually fell asleep.

I woke up at 1:30 am and felt horrible. Breathing wasn't that great, I still couldn't cough up whatever the heck was in my lungs, and my head was freaking pounding! I mean pounding like migraine status, I was about half afraid that I was going to get sick. I was seriously thinking I was going to have to call and end up in the ER. I remembered that I forgot to take my thyroid meds, and if I don't, that will actually give me a headache, so I took that, and I actually went back to sleep, and figured I would (hopefully) wake up and see how I felt at 4am.

I woke up and still did not feel well, but was a little better than I was a few hours earlier, thank goodness. I had to pack my stuff, because I didn't do it when I got home, since I just crash landed.

I will break here.

Last edited:
I wish I could remember the actors name, but he also played Six Bits in the HDDR, and he is just brilliant! Here are a few photos of the gentleman I saw. Some photos are ©jspence from AllEars and the last photo, bottom right, was found on a thread here : Photo credit glennbo123.

Thanks for the photo credit Dawn! Yes, that guy was awesome as Six Bits and I have no doubt he stole the spotlight in the Frozen show too.

I like your cartoony pictures. And I'm impressed that you've made a couple of your own magic shots!

I've stood in that line for Haunted Mansion that you took a picture of, last summer was the most recent time, and I can tell you that it is HOT!

Sorry to read that your dinner at Tony's was less than magical because you felt self-conscious from some things said on the Dis.

And really sorry to read about the difficulties you were having in your last post, not fun. I hope your trip home went okay.

First the magical stuff...love that picture with Jasmine and Aladdin! And I love the camel picture.

So sorry about the medical incident. That must have been so scary, I know you were very careful to pick certain restaurants and meals. Very thoughtful that they got you a wheelchair and a private ride back to the hotel.

Oh my gosh, how scary! I'm so sorry that happened :(

Thank you. I know this is going to sound crazy, but it's not really that scary for me anymore, it's more frustrating than anything else. After having problems swallowing for the last 7 years, I am used to it. :( Granted, that time was worse than usual.

Thanks for the photo credit Dawn! Yes, that guy was awesome as Six Bits and I have no doubt he stole the spotlight in the Frozen show too.

I like your cartoony pictures. And I'm impressed that you've made a couple of your own magic shots!

I've stood in that line for Haunted Mansion that you took a picture of, last summer was the most recent time, and I can tell you that it is HOT!

Sorry to read that your dinner at Tony's was less than magical because you felt self-conscious from some things said on the Dis.

And really sorry to read about the difficulties you were having in your last post, not fun. I hope your trip home went okay.

Hi! You're most welcome! I try and give photo credits, because I get annoyed when people steal my photos, so I try hard to be respectful. I was glad to find the photo, I didn't have much info to google with, since I have no clue what his name is! He is just great! Seems like a show stealer in what ever production he's in. :D Thank you, and I'm glad you like the artwork and cartoons. I used to do a lot of photomanipulations and a lot of artwork, but it has been more challenging for me to do so, and I have mostly stopped doing so. I will do my trip photos and make some albums with those. I do everything on my iPad, and it's pretty easy to do. Thank you so much for all your kind words, they are very much appreciated. :) Going to finish up and post about the trip home, tonight.

First the magical stuff...love that picture with Jasmine and Aladdin! And I love the camel picture.

So sorry about the medical incident. That must have been so scary, I know you were very careful to pick certain restaurants and meals. Very thoughtful that they got you a wheelchair and a private ride back to the hotel.

I cannot even believe that happened. One of my worst nightmares. This was one of the things that I gave an example of when I was working with my dr about my anxiety and panic attacks. I probably jinxed myself kidding about it. :P I'm just glad it wasn't worse, because that could have gone sideways very easily. At least I didn't have a panic attack on top of it, and my breathing didn't get so bad, that I had no choice but to go to the ER.

do you have a link to the pretrip report? I should read that first, huh?

Hi! :wave: The link is in my signature, but some people have signatures turned off, I guess, and in which case, you cannot see it, so.... Here you go. :) 'My Very Merry Xmas in November' (checking stuff of the bucket list) WDW Trip. (closed)

I cannot even believe that happened. One of my worst nightmares. This was one of the things that I gave an example of when I was working with my dr about my anxiety and panic attacks. I probably jinxed myself kidding about it. :P I'm just glad it wasn't worse, because that could have gone sideways very easily. At least I didn't have a panic attack on top of it, and my breathing didn't get so bad, that I had no choice but to go to the ER.

It sounds like you did so well calming yourself down, I am very impressed! It's hard to do that.

It sounds like you did so well calming yourself down, I am very impressed! It's hard to do that.

Very hard, I worked with my dr every week for almost 4 months on trying to manage my anxiety better. I am happy to say that I have made some progress.

The Travel Day Home ~ and that's where the wheels come off....

Now, I will say, this is my version of what happened when everything hit the fan. I am well aware that there are at least 3 sides to a story, my side, her side, and the sides any other observers....

Some background. For the last three years, Linda has always commented about what I pack. All I ever bring is my carry on (the standard 45 linear inches, with wheels) and my jansport back pack as my personal item. That's not anymore than most every other traveler these days, and it's less than some others do bring, since plenty bring a suitcase that needs to be checked. I have told her, repeatedly, why I bring the things I do. Not to mention, there are things that I bring, that have a lot of pieces, and she benefits from them, and does not have to carry, like my cell phone (that needs the cables and charger and jackery bar), and my camera (that also needs a lot of batteries or a battery charger). She uses my cell phone to call home at least once a day, and she certainly wanted some of the photos and video I have taken. I am also the one to carry all the tickets, the plans, etc.

She has questioned, repeatedly, why I bring my own hair dryer. I have told her, repeatedly, that I have to because I cannot physically brush my hair with, or put the hairdryer in my right arm. I cannot physically get my arm up to my head to brush my hair. I can barely do it with my left. (I have peripheral neuropathy and other issues from radiation. My hands and arms are extremely weak, and are numb and painfully tingle 24/7. I actually had to cut all my hair off because I wasn't able to take care of it. It was long. :( ) The dryer I have is a brush and dryer combined. I can pretty much manage it with my left arm and make my very short hair, look halfway decent.

image.jpeg

Also, there are reasons why I do not usually wear my golf skirts or shirts twice. Despite showering daily, and all kinds of deodorant, I can still get sweaty, especially in warm Florida, and I don't feel like being uncomfortable and wearing every article of clothing I bring twice (or more). If she wants to wear her all her clothing two and three times a trip, that's cool. I'm not comfortable doing that. I may wear a couple of skirts twice, maybe. My little, thin, cardigans (I bring 2, since I tend to get chilly) a few times, but I want a clean shirt for each day, and for my 7 days in the parks, I bring 5 skirts. I don't find this to be unreasonable or outside "the norm". I have explained my reasonings about this to her, in depth, why I need to do this, and I will spare you details, but trust me, there is good reason why I cannot bring less clothing. (Unless I wanted to laundry, which I am not doing on vacation.) Linda and I have been over this ad nauseaum over the last three years.

Now, back to 4 am and the morning we were leaving. I was mostly packed up, because I had packed up majority of my stuff before I had left for the parks on my MK day, but didn't do anything that night before, because I crash landed, because I felt so awful. I had a slight problem, in that I ordered those three sweatshirts from the Shop Disney Parks app, and they were big bulky things, and I didn't realize that on the app, the default was to ship to your WDW resort, NOT HOME! I called and tried to get them to change it so it could be sent home, but they wouldn't. So, I needed Linda's help to zip my suitcase because of those damn sweatshirts. Now, if they would have been shipped home, it would not have been an issue. And, if my hands and arms were better, I would have been able to zip the damn suitcase myself! But since my hands and arms are completely numb and extremely weak, (I cannot button buttons anymore, tying shoes is very difficult...it's very bad) I couldn't do it and needed her help to zip it. Well, she started in with me YET AGAIN about the packing. I said, "that's not fair, Linda, I didn't pack this stuff, it was a mistake, which I didn't catch."

She keeps picking, and saying stuff...she brings up the hair dryer again, and why did I need to bring that? I just dropped it and changed the subject.

Well, now, I need to get home, and I'm dragging because I still don't feel well, and cannot take a full breath and I'm coughing, even more than I usually do. So, it's not exactly easy for me to be managing my bags, but I sucked it up. I walked all the way through the resort to catch the Magical Express, and through MCO airport and everything, but I was really hurting. Heart rate was definitely high, and I'm sure my oxygen level was not where it was supposed to be, since I still couldn't take a deep breath. I also had a wicked headache. I never once complained, just tried hard to focus on getting my keister home.

Not to mention, I was the one who had to take the lead and navigate and get us everywhere, and get the tickets, etc, because she cannot seem to do that. I really wanted her to, because I was feeling so poorly, but she just couldn't do it. I asked her to handle the tickets and stuff...she couldn't figure out how to get the boarding passes. So, although I was feeling like ****, I still had to take the lead. I don't know about you, but when you're not feeling well, it's really helpful when some one steps up and has your back.

On the fist plane, I was really feeling it. Couldn't take a deep breath. I just closed my eyes, and tried to focus on my breathing. I didn't say a word, just tried to relax meditate and breathe. Tried to keep from coughing. She said that when we got to the next airport, she would carry my backpack. The stubborn part of me, didn't want her to do this, but the part of me that was having trouble breathing, was thinking I better let her help me, because I didn't want to be up at 36,000 ft or whatever, and have complications because I cannot freaking breathe.
So, I let her.

Well, she puts my backpack on, and says, "OMG, this is so heavy." I said, "Yes, it's not light. That's what I have always carried." She goes, "I really need to teach you how to pack."

THAT WAS IT! I'd had it. I was at the end of my patience with this crap, and her second guessing me on what she feels I need to pack. I snapped, and said, "Linda, I don't know what to tell you, because I used everything that I packed! What would you have liked me to leave home?!" I will be totally honest, and say I was pretty angry. I'm sure I sounded super nasty. She goes, "Well, I don't know why you couldn't just use the hair dryer at the hotel." :furious:

OMG!!!!! How many times do I need to explain that it's impossible for me to use a regular dryer??? :mad: I was so pissed at her, that I couldn't even talk. Seriously. I even said, "You have me so annoyed right now, that I cannot even talk to you. We have been through why I packed the way I do, repeatedly, and if packing less works FOR YOU I'm glad. Packing your way doesn't work FOR ME!" Then, she asks me what gate we had to get to. Meanwhile, I was so annoyed, I couldn't even remember. Both of us had just looked at the board, so obviously she didn't remember either. Then, she says, maybe you should go look at the board again. How about you give me a break and figure out where we need to go, since I cannot breathe and I feel like crap? Nope. Once again, I had to take the lead.

I just needed help, and that's hard for me to admit. I HATE that I need help doing stuff sometimes, I HATE that I cannot do things I used to be able to do, and that I cannot do my own hair, and that I have problems dressing myself.... I don't need her making me feel like I'm an idiot and I don't even know how to pack!

When we finally got to the gate for the next flight, I had calmed down a little. I tried to apologize. I knew I snapped. But honestly, I feel like she kept pressing my buttons. As I was trying to apologize, she just kept saying that she was trying to just give me advice to make it easier for me. Show me a better way to do things. :sad2: Huh??? I tried yet again to explain why I couldn't do things the way she does. That I was physically incapable of doing so. Well, she was pissed, and she wasn't having it.

Well, when we got to the airport in PA, she wanted to stop for coffee. I said ok. I got a cup, too. My hands are so bad and so numb, and I was so fired up and just wanting to get home, that I didn't feel that the cup was so hot, and I ended up with a second degree burn on my thumb. I mean, I felt it was a little uncomfortable, but I was just trying to soldier on and get the heck home. Didn't notice it until that night!! Took these pictures, because I couldn't even believe I got a second degree burn! This is how bad my hands are. I'm not even kidding. :( I should have known if it was hurting me a little, that means it would really be painful for a normal person and should have stopped and put it down.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Nice burn, right?

I tried to apologize to her on the ride home. (She never said a word about pushing my buttons though.) She just ignored me.

Anyway... Linda was avoiding me when we got home for almost two weeks. I was posting things on Facebook and she wasn't answering, she was ignoring photos from our trip and not talking to me, or taking my calls. Finally, on 11/30, she took my phone call, and she was still pissed off at me. I completely owned the fact that I got nasty and snapped at her. I apologized repeatedly, and not a half-assed apology, mind you. Not like, I'm sorry you think I upset you nonsense. It was a totally accountable apology. She, however, feels like she did nothing wrong. She tried to tell me that she was only kidding when she said she needed to teach me how to pack. It certainly didn't sound that way to me. Especially that she has been bringing it up for three years. She turned that whole bit back on me, and said I was just defensive, and she was just trying to give me good advice. She also said that she could care less about what I pack. That it didn't matter to her. Well then, why the heck have I had to hear about what I pack from her for the last three years? I told her I didn't feel well, felt sick and horrible and couldn't breathe, and I didn't need advice, I just needed help, and not to be chastised and told I don't even know how to pack. She then told me that because I'm sick it doesn't give me the right to be unkind, and then she said that she has never spoken to anyone unkindly. Ok. I don't even know where to go with that. I've heard her snap at her husband. I have heard her say unkind things, so idk what the hell she is talking about. She also said she will never go anywhere with me again..... Blah blah blah.... I'll spare you the rest. I don't know where to go with someone who thinks they've never been unkind (whom, btw, constantly talks behind people's backs all the time, mind you) and someone who doesn't think they contributed in anyway to that incident, and in me getting mad. I have heard her say many an unkind thing. You cannot live, and be in relationships with one another, and not make mistakes, and not say stupid things and not do stupid things. That's life, stuff happens. I am sure I will make mistakes again. I am human.

Her birthday was 12/7 and I wished her a happy birthday, (on FB) which she ignored. So, I suppose I have joined the ranks of the three out of four of her children that she no longer speaks to, as well as her own brother and sister, that she no longer speaks to.

So, that's what happened. I hate that what could be my last WDW trip ended this way.

IN OTHER NEWS

Obviously, eating wasn't going so well for me after I got home, and I was really afraid that I was going to end up with pneumonia. I was pretty borderline there, and it didn't help that Linda had given me whatever cold she had while we were down there. I was basically eating only mush and drinking liquids, but I had a gastroenterologist appointment scheduled on 12/16, and I knew he was very likely to order an endoscopy and a dilation (to check for anything bad, given my history with cancer, and try and stretch out my esophagus since I have a stricture from radiation damage.)

So, I had the endoscopy done on 12/21. He said that he dilated me from 3mm to 8mm. There was a tear though, and I had a sore throat and ear pain for about a week. I have been able to eat a little better. I still eat extremely slowly, but food isn't getting constantly stuck. I cannot even believe that I was able to eat a tuna sandwich on un-toasted bread for the first time since 2009. I was also able to eat two breaded shrimp. I even ate boneless skinless chicken breast pieces! I mean, I cannot even believe that. Granted, it was only 2-3 ounces, but still. It's a start.

I am going to have another stretch tomorrow, so please send some good vibes my way if you would be so kind. I am a little nervous about it.

Hi there. I have read your whole pre trip journal and now your trip report and wanted to send good vibes your way for your stretch and everything else. I've had 3 of those done myself (for a different reason) and they aren't fun. Secondly, I wanted to say that I am sorry that you had that incident the last night of your WDW trip and were so sick and were with someone that didn't seem to want to help. Reading the whole TR before the end I felt like Linda was being totally selfish with riding things etc. You were being very considerate of her and things she would like to do and she wouldn't ever seem to wait for things that you wanted to, not cool!

The day you traveled home she was completely out of line. She needed to MHOB and just be a real friend and help you out. I have several severe chronic illnesses and I get very weak at times and just need help with things and someone to have my back (even though I am stubborn and most of the time don't want to let them lol). So I totally feel you on this and I am sorry that you had to deal with what you did at your happy place and on the way home. I hope you get to go visit WDW again soon and I wish you much luck and pixie dust pixiedust: tomorrow with your procedure!:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter