• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly Trip Report. Started off, great, and ended not so magical.

MataHari22

DIS Veteran
Hi, I'm Dawn. This trip report will be about my last trip from 11/12 - 11/20/15. I'm single, just me and my constant companion, my dog, Nizzy. (Hate leaving him when I go on vacation!) I love WDW, and I would take a trip there every year, if I could. I have never been to Disneyland, and I would love to go.

image.jpeg
This photo of my was just taken on Christmas Day.

This was the third trip in as many years, that I planned the whole thing, and went with Linda, who was a total WDW newbie. I really do enjoy the planning, and I think I'm going to be lost now that I don't have another trip booked that I can plan.

For more background and other details about the trip, please read/peruse this pre-trip report, so that this trip report will make more sense to you. 'My Very Merry Xmas in November' (checking stuff of the bucket list) WDW Trip. It'll save me some typing, since I have a tendency to prattle on.... :D This way, you'll be all caught up if you weren't following along before.

A lot has happened not just at the end of the trip, but since I got home, as well. So, I've been busy. There are a couple of reasons I've decided to go ahead and do a trip report before every trip detail fades from my memory. (I have a terrible memory, and I'm already forgetting lots of stuff.) One, I thought it maybe it would bring a bit of closure to the trip, since it didn't end well, and two, I had already created plenty of silly cartoons to use in my trip report, which took me hours to do.

Ok, all caught up with the pre-trip report? I'll get started on telling you about this trip.

Chapters:

TRAVEL DAY

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

ANIMAL KINGDOM

1st MAGIC KINGDOM DAY

1st EPCOT DAY

AFTERNOON TEA & MVMCP

LAST MAGIC KINGDOM DAY

EPCOT ~ LAST DAY ~ STARTED OUT WELL, DIDN'T END WELL

The Travel Day Home ~ and that's where the wheels come off and it hits the fan...
& Update of what I've been through since I got home

Last edited:
Travel Day

image.jpeg
Cartoon Created with BitStrips.

Traveling out to Allentown, switching planes in Charlotte, and getting to Orlando went well. Just a little bit of turbulence, but otherwise, fine.

We got to MCO, and ended up waiting a little longer than I have had to in the past, for our Magical Express, like almost 45 minutes. Perhaps in the past, I was just lucky. Not a big deal for me or anything, wasn't going to the parks, I just was tired and wanted to get there and relax for a bit, since I'd been up and on the run since 3am. We just had one stop before ours, and it was AoA, before we got to Pop.

image.jpeg
Riding on the Magical Express!

We got to Pop, and our room wasn't ready yet, so they said they would text the room number, and we went to Everything Pop to get a snack. We left the luggage at bell services and they told us that the luggage would be brought up after the room was ready.

We got a little something at the food court (I got a banana and some milks, this way I'd have a couple for the room) and got the text right when finding our seats. So, that didn't take long to get our room, at all. We ate the snacks, which took up an hour or more. The room was in the same building as last year, which was fine by me. It was right behind the Mickey phone, to the left.

image.jpeg

When we got to the room, my Magic Band would not open the door, so we used her's. When we opened the door, a dude was cleaning the carpets, and he told us they would be wet for a while. I walked back down to the desk, and the same CM who checked us in fixed my band. We relaxed for over an hour, and no luggage. We called and asked and they said it would be right up, and no luggage. So, Linda walked down, and they said they would bring it up. When she got back, her band would not open the door. She went down to the desk (later, before our dinner) and got it working again. Every time we left the room, we checked to see if the band would hopefully let us in when we got back. Never had that problem the other two trips. We finally got the luggage, and put everything away, and freshened up so we could be ready for dinner.

We walked to AoA to have an early dinner. I had never done that before, and it was a lovely walk. Hourglass Lake was pretty. Really enjoyed it, and definitely recommend it if you're staying at Pop, only takes 15 - 20 minutes. I would have sworn I took photos, but there are none on my phone. Change of scenery, exploring, and experiencing new things wasn't the only reason I thought we could head over to the food court there, it was also because I thought that the food at AoA looked better for swallowing options for me, since they changed the menu at Pop, which seemed like burgers, burgers, and more burgers, too me. Does me no good, since I cannot swallow meats, really, and definitely not a burger. I want to say she either had the chicken or shrimp tandoori. I had the roasted veggies with basmati rice, and naan. I was disappointed because the food was very dried out, especially the acorn squash. The taste was ok though. The naan was awful. Very gummy and pasty. I liked the paneer and spinach best, since it was easy to eat.

image.jpeg
Quick service meal from AoA.

It was equally a beautiful walk on the way back, since it was darker. Fun to check out the theming and pool at AoA. When we got back, we relaxed, and went to sleep early, since it was a rope drop morning.

image.jpeg
Took this photo on the way back to Pop from AoA. It's a little grainy, since it was taken with just my iPhone.

Last edited:

I'm in! Sorry to hear it didn't end on a great note but I'm looking forward to reading and seeing your cartoons.

Along for the ride

Looking forward to what's next! :)

Hi, everyone! :wave: Glad to have you all aboard, makes me feel better that I won't be babbling on to myself. :D

I love your BitStrips! (That sounds weird) ...but they are awesome!

Hi, Glad to meet you. Yes, that sounds a little odd. o_O :lmao: Thank you! They are always fun to create. Some of my favorites I've ever done, are in the pre-trip report. I use bits and pieces of BitStrips, photos, clip art, and then also draw in things I cannot find, etc. They can take a lot of time. The Lady & The Tramp, the one with Donald Duck, and the Tea room, took about 4 hours each, to do.

Hollywood Studios Day

image.jpeg
Waiting for them to let us into The Great Movie Ride, for our first ride of the day.

image.jpeg

Got to HS for rope drop, and I was a little nervous as what to expect, because I don't like crowds, and I was used to just being able to go into the park, wherever I wished, right after going through the touch points. I was also nervous about the walk, since I've heard horror stories about people being pushy and stuff trying to get to TSMM. Happy to report, it was not bad, at all. We walked down and towards the Theatre, and all the TSMM people, headed right, and were held there, we stayed to the left, because we were going on The Great Movie Ride. We were the first car to ride of the day to ride through.

image.jpeg
Next, I went on Star Tours a couple of times, since she gets motion sickness, I go alone. Used her FP+ and mine. I love that ride, and like that there are different endings and combinations now, so it's not the same ride every time.

image.jpeg

We then went and did Muppets. I do like that attraction, and definitely wanted to do it, since it may not be there if I get back again, with all the construction in HS. I think I'd miss this attraction should it go.

image.jpeg
The park was still uncrowded at this point, but it certainly did not stay that way!

Then, we went to see Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Took some photopass photos in that area. After that, we meandered over towards the shops to browse and I got some ears over at Edith & Adrian's Head to Toe, since I forgot to pack my sparkly Minnie Ears that I wore that last two years. I got the Mouseketeer ears and had them embroider my name on the back. I had to buy the smallest baby size, for my tiny little head. Lol.

image.jpeg
Sitting under a palm tree, in the sunshine. :) Ignore my huge scar....lol.

We sat and watched the Citizens of Hollywood for quite a while, and then we went over to The Hollywood Brown Derby, for lunch. I had the Cobb Salad, and I believe she did, as well. I had to get it without the meat, and the tomatoes though. It was good. With everything all pre-chopped up, it was by far the potentially easiest thing there to swallow. I also controlled how much dressing I put in and didn't let him toss it, so I could mix and see what I was eating in there. It inspired me to make Cobb Salads again at home. They also were very nice and gave me a little free dessert for my birthday!

image.jpeg

Cobb Salad photo borrowed from themouseforless.com, and a photo of the little dessert they gave me. It was chocolate orange.

Next up on the agenda was The Frozen Singalong. I had no idea what to expect, since I never bothered to see any of the Frozen stuff at HS over the last two years. I was also disappointed with Frozen as a story, so I wasn't holding out hope that I'd like it. I really liked it, it was funny. But I think that's because I was lucky enough to see it with good performers. I wish I could remember the actors name, but he also played Six Bits in the HDDR, and he is just brilliant! Here are a few photos of the gentleman I saw. Some photos are ©jspence from AllEars and the last photo, bottom right, was found on a thread here : Photo credit glennbo123.

image.jpeg

The woman who played opposite him, was also very good, but he really stole the show. The girl who played Anna, was good, Kristoff was fine, and of course, Elsa, is barely in it, so.... But I am glad that I got to see it, because that guy was just great, and really made it an enjoyable show.

Next up, was Beauty & The Beast. It was a skip for the 2014 trip, and with all the uncertainty at HS with what is going to stay, and what will go, we decided to see it. I can say, if it goes, I am ready for that change.

image.jpeg
More crowded than earlier. Me in front of ToT.

By the afternoon, I was pretty surprised at how crowded the park looked. Since I don't ride ToT or RnR, I don't really know what the wait times were, but I remember that walking from one place to another was a little slower than I was used to. It was the most crowded that I have seen. We poked around, did some shopping/browsing. Stopped at Photopass Photographers....

I had to totally photoshop a new Memory Maker with Olaf, so I could have me in the photo alone.

image.jpeg

It took me hours to get redo this photo so that it was only me and Olaf.

Continued next post. --------->

Continued...

We then used our FP+ for TSMM. Wondering if they will give this ride a bit of TLC when they close it to finish up the expansion. I am not sure if it was just my lame hands and arms, or my string on my gun was wonky.

image.jpeg

Me and Linda riding Toy Story Midway Mania!

There was time to kill, so we waited to meet Mike & Sully. We ended up waiting 30 minutes, which was a little longer than I would have liked to wait, but it wasn't like I had anything else to do, so that was ok. Mike was so weird with that eyeball. He was like looking directly into my chest, I was trying to figure out what the heck he was doing. It was so weird/awkward/funny.

image.jpeg

Then, we got snacks to bring to Indiana Jones. (I got a Mickey pretzel. Was a poor choice, I couldn't swallow it.) This is one of my favorite shows in WDW, so I like to see it every trip. The Indiana Jones Trilogy is definitely up very high on my list of all time favorite movies. I know it was just getting dark, we did the last show of the day. Never saw it that late before.

image.jpeg
:D Me, as Indy. :rotfl:Linda, as the guy that won't gimme the whip!

After that, it was time for Osborne Lights. Since it was the first time for me, wasn't sure what to expect. It was very crowded, but it was pretty cool. Wish the photopass line wasn't so dang long, I would have liked to get a photo. We took our time walking around and looking. Linda found that cat. I really liked the lights, but I think I would have enjoyed it more if it wasn't packed with so many people.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Me, checking out the lights. It was pretty overwhelming, actually. A lot to try and take in.

image.jpeg
Linda found the cat, in the purple building, on the far left.

image.jpeg
Peace on Earth.

image.jpeg

Love the Mr. Gold (from Once Upon A Time) sign.

image.jpeg

I wanted to see Fantasmic! since it is a very favorite thing of mine, but Linda wanted to go back to the room, so we left after the lights.

So, that was the first day. Got to do everything I wanted, except Fantasmic! Later on, when I looked at Touring Plans, I saw that it was projected to be a crowd level 6, and it ended up as a level 9. That would explain why it looked crowded to me. Lol. It was a recommend park on easywdw. I kind of thought a level 9, would be far worse.

I often see people question how much walking is involved in visiting WDW. My iPhone showed 13,648 steps for today.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Aw too bad you didn't get to see F! Sounds like a great day otherwise though :)

Glad you got to see the Lights.

Great day, looking forward to the next installment.

Animal Kingdom

image.jpeg
Linda, Minnie & Me in Animal Kingdom. ;)

I have to say, that this park day, was a ton of walking, and felt like a ton of walking. I suppose I could have organized this day better maybe(?), but it was fine, we got there for rope drop, and it was an early day, we basically left after the last Lion King show, which was at 5, I believe. The park was scheduled to close at 6:30, I think. May have even been extended later, because it was pretty busy.

image.jpeg

We got to see DiVine on the way in. I really wanted to see her again, since I hadn't gotten to for the last three trips, I think. I really thought Linda would think she was super cool, but I don't think she was that impressed. Lol. I'm glad we got to see her on our way through the Oasis, and I didn't end up walking back through the park later, and make a special trip for her, in this case.
We did the Safari, first thing. Then, the Pangani Trail. I can't remember if we watched the Tam Tam Drummers first, and then went to get some Starbucks coffee and sat in the sun for like 45 minutes or so, or vice versa. I was freezing. It was chilly that morning and we needed to recharge our batteries in the sunshine.

image.jpeg

Me, after I spent warming up in the sunshine, and feeling better.

We had a 10:30 ADR at Tusker House. I like to eat there, since it has many soft foods that I am usually able to swallow. (If you have no clue what I'm talking about, with the swallowing, that means you didn't read my pre-trip report. So...you should go do that, and get up to speed, as the swallowing thing, is quite pertinent, especially at the end of my trip. Go ahead, I'll wait.... Ok, caught up? Good. ) I usually like to get a pre park open breakfast, but I wasn't able to this time. This ended up being ok, since it takes me so long to eat, Linda was able to eat breakfast items, and then sample some lunch items, too. I managed to eat everything on the plate, except for the cheese blintz. I had scrambled eggs, sausage gravy, mealie pap, a Mickey waffle, and some corned beef hash.

image.jpeg
Yummy Tusker House Breakfast.

We walked all the way over to meet Pluto & Goofy. It was a pretty long wait, but we spent the time playing charades with an app I have on my iPhone. We did this quite a few times throughout the week, and I am so glad I downloaded it, since I can be more on the quiet side sometimes. Not only did it keep us entertained, but it seemed like a few times, the people in line around us we laughing, too. Now whether that was with us, or at us...I dunno.
As we were walking back to go to our FP+ for Safari, we stopped and did It's Tough To Be A Bug.

image.jpeg
Pluto, me and Goofy!

We were going to do Flights of Wonder, but didn't manage to get there. I think we were walking around the trails around the Tree of Life, maybe. I could walk around that tree, and take photos of it all day! I love that tree!

image.jpeg

Me and the Tree of Life.

The Safari was good, and we got stuck in the road a couple of times waiting on animals. Got to see the lions a little more this time, than the earlier ride. I love to do the safari at least two times, once in the morning at rope drop, once in the afternoon with FP+, and if I can squeeze a bonus ride in, just before it closes, that's awesome. Linda didn't want to ride a third time, though.

We met Minnie and Mickey. Since we don't ride Kali, or Everest, I had this character meet as one of my FP+, and the park was pretty busy, so that was good.

image.jpeg
Mickey, me and Minnie. :)

We did the Maharajah Jungle Trek, and then I think we listened to some Indian music, and grabbed a snack at the Yak & Yeti Café. I had some chocolate mousse. We definitely sat there and chatted and relaxed for a while. We also did some browsing in the shops.

The last thing we did was FOTLK, the 5pm show. Love that show, so much fun, and so well done.

image.jpeg
I found Pascal. ;)

This was the recommended day for easywdw, and they had it projected as a 6. Touring Plans had the crowd level for AK projected at a 3, and it ended up being an 8. And actually, now that I look back on that, it says the park was open until 7:30pm, so they did extend the hours the day of.

image.jpeg

So, I made my own Magic shot, here. The background was extremely dark, and I have no idea why he made me pose that way, but not add anything. So, I added some Jungle Book characters, and highlighted the waterfall, since you couldn't see it in the original.

image.jpeg

I added Baloo in the top right photo. Rest are photopass magical shots.

So, that was two days of my trip so far that were way busier than projected. I was always used to going in October, which was a slower time. As we have seen, each year, October has been getting more and more crowded. I picked these dates in November not only for the Xmas stuff, but because it was supposed to be even less crowded than the usual times in October I have been down before. So much for that. Lol. I will say, that while I noticed that it was way more crowded than I was used to, because I had my game plan, rope drop, and all my FP+, it went smoothly. iPhone said, 15,530 steps for the day.

Once we got back to Pop, we grabbed dinner. I just had some mashed potatoes and brown gravy.
We just relaxed and went to sleep pretty early, since we were going to rope drop MK in the morning.

I'm so glad you got a good meal at Tusker House for all of that walking.

Minnie and Mickey in those Christmas sweaters are too adorable!

I agree on the Safari, got to go at least twice!

Following along! I love all your pictures! I'm sorry that your trip doesn't end so magically for you.

1st MAGIC KINGDOM DAY

image.jpeg
The backside of me, and the backside of the castle.

This was our first MK day! Since it was a MVMCP day, and we didn't have tickets, I planned for rope drop. MK is the most magical of the parks, for me, and I'm always excited to get there. Even more anticipation, since this was the 4th day in WDW, and I was finally getting to MK. :D

The plan was to do as many rides as possible before the Crystal Palace ADR at 10:20. We went standby on Peter Pan, first thing, and the line was a little longer than I thought it'd be, but this was the first time through the interactive queue, so it wasn't bad. I liked the queue! Some lovely elements, and playing with the shadows was cute. After that, we went to Pooh. Holy cow, people. That line was soooo loud! It seriously gave me a headache. The wait was also ridiculous. I think it was over a half an hour, maybe 40 minutes, and it felt like twice that, because it was so loud. Did I mention it was loud?? Yeah, I am not doing that again. I must have had a FP+ or something last year, because I do not remember enduring that. It was torturous. In my plans, I had wanted to try and do Dumbo and or Barnstormer, and by the time we got out of Pooh, we had to start walking to Crystal Palace for breakfast.

image.jpeg
Me and Tigger!

I like CP, because not only do I get to meet Tigger, best of all they will make over easy eggs, which I can swallow.

image.jpeg
I had eggs, sausage gravy, a piece of bacon (I ate half of the bacon) a pancake and a Mickey waffle. This Mickey waffle wasn't as light and airy and crisp on the outside as the one from Tusker House. Couldn't swallow it.

After that, on our way back to Fantasyland, we took some photos by the castle. Saw Mickey's PhilharMagic, our first FP+ was to meet Ariel, and then we did the Little Mermaid ride. First time I ever did this meet and greet and Ariel was very sweet. She noticed my necklaces and bracelet. It's amazing that they find people that play these characters so well.

image.jpeg
Meeting Ariel.

image.jpeg

This is one of the photos from my pre-trip report. Has my disneybound Ariel outfit, but it shows the jewelry, so I thought I'd post it here, so you could see what she was talking to me about.

image.jpeg

I found a friend who stowed away in my purse. ;)

We did Enchanted Tales with Belle, with a FP+. I just think that they did so well with the wardrobe, magic mirror, the library, not to mention Lumiére.

After that we walked around a bit, and headed to Frontierland. I wanted to get a churro and a hot cocoa, and get a spot for the parade. I like to watch the parade from there.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
I love the movie Tangled, and I like the character Flynn Rider. One of the things I was looking forward to this trip was meeting Rapunzel and Flynn at the MVMCP, since when I went to the MNSSHP the "princes" we're not there.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

CONTINUED --------->

Post continued...

Of course getting out of there after the parade and into Liberty Square was craziness. It was packed. We decided to ride on the Riverboat. I hadn't done that since my '92 or maybe 2001 trip, so Linda have never ridden before.

image.jpeg
Me looking at the line at The Haunted Mansion, and I was thinking how happy I was that I had gotten a FP+ for it, and wouldn't be waiting in a line like the photo below...
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

We went to ride 7DMT with a FP+. Linda decided after the ride, that she would not be riding it again. She had ridden last year, and was surprised that she got on it then.

After that, we did the People Mover, and actually survived it. No small feat, I understand it's dangerous. The People Mover Is Not Safe!!
Then, we went on Buzz and did Monster's Inc Laugh Floor.

image.jpeg

After that, we went over to Tony's early, since we had a 6:55 reservation. I like Tony's because they make me a version of their Shrimp Scampi that I usually have good luck swallowing. Well, it was very nice because although I didn't ask for it, they sat us outside on the porch.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

But honestly, I was uncomfortable. Back when I was planning, on these boards, I mentioned I had a late ADR on a MVMCP night, and got blasted by a few people that I was trying to cheat the system, and stay late and not pay (it was the only time I could get, I tried to change it for months and nothing else ever opened, quick service at MK, was not an option for me), when all I wanted to do was eat dinner at a place that was good about working with me for my dysphagia. Well, I was just too nervous, and I couldn't stop thinking about that thread, and then I was anxious about what people might be thinking and tried to eat too quickly and couldn't swallow my food and it just ruined my dinner. :( (It sucks struggling with anxiety and depression sometimes.) I didn't even order the pistachio crème brûlée because I was too self conscious that I was taking too long. So, I kind of left on a not so good note that night, and I left hungry.

ETA: I also expected from reading many posts on the disboards, that we would be escorted out of the restaurant, and to the exit, but no one did that. I would think if we were in a restaurant further into the park, that probably would have happened. And I would imagine they have cast members stationed up on Main Street to make sure no one heads back up into the party.

image.jpeg

How I wish my night ended at MK. A little more magical would have been great. :)

iPhone said that we walked 12,839 steps for the day. It was the recommended day on easywdw projected at a 6. TP had it projected as a 4, and it ended up being a 6.

Last edited:
I'm so glad you got a good meal at Tusker House for all of that walking.

Minnie and Mickey in those Christmas sweaters are too adorable!

I agree on the Safari, got to go at least twice!

I wish I would have gotten to download the photo earlier and had it made into my Xmas card this year! They were really cute in those sweaters.

Following along! I love all your pictures! I'm sorry that your trip doesn't end so magically for you.

Hi Dee! Hope you've been well. I am thinking I need to get caught up with your trip reports! I will do that tomorrow!

Great updates! I love the picture of you and Tigger, he's my favorite.

I like the picture of you staring at that HM line. And your Disneybounding outfit, you are too cute.

Sorry you got nervous at dinner :( I remember that thread. You sound like such a nice person. I would have sat there as long as possible (the number of parties are a sore spot with me)

1st EPCOT DAY

image.jpeg

Me in front of Spaceship Earth. ;)

We got to Epcot, and met with Pluto and Chip and Dale wasn't out yet, so we got Starbucks and we met them as soon as they came out.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Wasn't so keen on my Chip & Dale pix, the character's handler wasn't being very nice. This was the best of the lot.

We watched Jammin' Chefs, and then I had a FP+ for Test Track. She didn't want to ride, and didn't want to go on any another ride, so I rode 2x, since she wasn't going to use the FP+.

We took some photos around the fountain. I know I finally got to taste the Beverly for the first time, and if I didn't look so hideous in the video, I would post it, because it was funny. It tasted like grapefruit to me. Nasty, foul, grapefruit. I never liked grapefruit.

image.jpeg

Me at the fountain.

We walked to World Showcase, and it was nice, because there was no one there. I took some photos of the lagoon, and Eiffel Tower and we met Belle.

image.jpeg

We wandered around, and when the shops opened, poked around in there. I actually ended up purchasing some perfume in France, and shipped it home. I bought a 4.2 oz bottle of Guerlain , Aqua Allegoria - Mandarine Basilic. It's something completely different than what I normally wear, but I smelled so many fragrances in those shops, and that one, I immediately liked, and I still liked it after I sat with it a bit. It was a splurge for me, but I had saved money all year and not bought anything for myself, so that I could buy whatever souvenirs I wanted (within reason, of course, I mean, I couldn't just buy anything... $$$ :rolleyes1). :D

image.jpeg

After that, it was time to eat lunch in Chefs de France. I was looking forward to it, because after all my ADR research, I saw they had something that looked perfect for me with my swallowing issues. They had a lobster bisque. I really enjoyed it! And the best part is, I finished the whole bowl. :D IIRC, Linda ordered Tartine au Poulet et Légumes Provençaux (Open-faced sandwich topped with chicken, roasted eggplant, zucchini, provolone cheese and sun-dried tomatoes). I have to say, it looked hot, bubbly, crunchy and delicious. Everything I cannot eat. Lol.

image.jpeg

When we were done with lunch, we went to see Impréssions de France. I love that music, and I know the movie is dated, but I like it anyway. ;)

We got some ice cream next door there, and the wait was long, and the ice cream very disappointing. It was expensive, too. Now, I do not mind spending money on things I enjoy, but it was grainy, and I tasted nothing. It was supposed to be a pear and chocolate. Pear something, for sure. I basically ended up tossing it.

Continued --------->

Continued from above...

image.jpeg

The plan was to meet Aladdin and Jasmine, but we missed that. We decided to walk over to the next on the list, U.K., and British Revolution. Walked a bit in UK and took photos, since that is one of my favorite areas.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I just love this little cottage! There are quite a few things at WDW that I would love to just pick up and bring home and plop it down right on my parents' property. Of course Cinderella Castle would be on that list, and so would this cottage.

image.jpeg
Alice was funny, she went skipping past me while I was taking photos and talking to herself, so I took photos of her. And in the one, I don't know what she was doing, but it looked like she was bedding over and chatting, so I added the White Rabbit. :D

While waiting in the garden for British Revolution, I ordered three bulky items from the Shop Disney Parks App, to take advantage of the free shipping that was going on. Well, I didn't realize that the default for shipping was to your WDW resort. It was very tiny, and I never even saw it, to change it to ship to my home! My mistake, for sure, first time using the app! This was going to be a problem, because all I ever pack is my wheeled carry on, and my jansport back pack as my personal item. I immediately called the number on the app after I saw it was being shipped to the resort (it was just after BR was finished with their set, which I really enjoyed) and finally got a person and asked them if they could please change it, and please ship it to my home. He told me there was no way to do this. No way to cancel the order.... I kept pressing, and he promised someone would call me back, which as it turned out, no one ever did, and it was shipped to the resort. I was not a happy camper.

After that we saw Voices of Liberty and The American Adventure. I always enjoy hearing them sing. Course I sat on the floor, and then couldn't hardly get my lame keister off the floor! Ugh.

image.jpeg

Plan was to meet Mulan, but I didn't get to. We went to the quick service Chinese place, and I though some dumplings might be swallowable, I may have gotten one down, so that was a fail. Linda got shrimp fried rice, I think and I don't think she finished it, so it must not have been all that good, because she likes Chinese, and doesn't get to eat it home, ever. Her husband doesn't like it.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Since I didn't get to meet Mulan, I created my own magic shot, with Mushu.

We didn't get a very good spot to see the acrobats in China, and we also missed the beginning. I hate to say it, but they were not that good. I suppose (I hope) that they were just having an off night. Messed up juggling, multiple times, messed up the tumbling on the bouncy leg things a few times... Messed up on the yo-yo rope thinkers... It was awkward to watch. I felt bad. The guys were kind of a train wreck.

Went by Norway, and then went through Mexico and the Grand Fiesta and in the shops. I know I got a chocolate milk, and I'm not sure if I bought a snack, or had a package of BelVitas cookies with me, but I was going to eat that while waiting for Illuminations.

I wanted to go to the spot where we were last year, it was a great view next to one of the roped off sections for the wheel chairs, near the Point of Entry Shops. She wanted to sit on the wall of a planter, and one of those boat docks was there, and I knew it was going to be a blocked view. She wanted to stay, and I folded. Needless to say, I couldn't see but a tiny piece of the show, 75% was blocked. Not only that, but while we were waiting, some woman, came an sat down next to me, in a spot that would no way fit her, and she literally sat her butt down, on my thigh, and squished me on the stone! I yelped! And could barely manage to squeak, "Please, Get off me!" I had a bruise on my leg immediately, she was a bigger lady, and with my anemia, I am very fragile, and bruise very easily. Thank god, I didn't end up with something broken. Her child, an older teenager, was flat out on the lying right in the middle of the walkway, lying there on her side, no one could pass. What is wrong with people?! Otherwise, it was a good day. Although, I was starting to get the cold that Linda had. :/

Touring Plans had the day projected as a crowd level 3 out of 10, and it ended up being a 7. It was a recommended park day for easywdw and projected at 4 on Josh's calendar. iPhone said I walked 16,004 steps.

These days so far, were definitely busier than I ever thought they'd be. All I can say, for me, it was a good thing I was prepared with a plan for each day.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter