The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly Trip Report. Started off, great, and ended not so magical.

Hi there!
Just finished reading both your PTR and TR and I feel really bad about the sour ending. My mother is a breast cancer survivor (thankfully, it was stage 1 and we discovered and treated it quickly, but she still had to have surgery, chemo and radiotherapy), my father is nearly blind and has had numerous serious health problems, all due to diabetes (including kidney failure-which led to kidney transplant, and a heart attack that required heart surgery) and my MIL died due to lymphoma (we didn't get along, but it was a difficult period for my wife), so unfortunately I'm no stranger to health issues and physical disabilities. I cannot fathom treating my lovely parents the way your friend treated you. I mean, you are a survivor, a fighter, and with all you've been through, I believe we can afford you a moment or two of stress and spite! :cutie:
I'm really sorry she was such a b**** to you, and like others have said before, I think she was extremely selfish and non-understanding. I hope you get to go back soon to WDW and redo your experience, this time with a happy positive outcome.
I'm taking my mommy to the world for the first time in May and I hope she has a blast, like you seemed to have for some moments, despite everything. And I wish you all the best, keep holding on and being strong. I never met you, probably never will, unfortunately, but I want you to know that I admire you and you've inspired me. :hug:

Hi there. Thanks for all the kind words. Sorry to read about your MIL, and I am sending all good vibes to your parents. I hope you have a fabulous time with your mom. :hug:

And, for anyone who may be curious for an update...
Well, she still is not speaking to me. In fact, kind of a funny story to tell. About a month ago, I had to get up really quickly and just sort of tossed my iPad to the side and jumped out of bed. My naked dog, Nizzy, then stepped all over and sat on my iPad. I was typing to someone in that Facebook messenger app. I could see that the dog was hitting all kinds of stuff on the screen, since he has no fur it's just like a person's skin touching... When I came back, and picked up the iPad, it was in a totally different app. I remember thinking God knows what the heck he did. The next day, I got a message from Linda. I must have debated for a couple of hours whether to open it or not. When I finally did, this is what I saw. So, the dog called Linda when he stepped and sat on the iPad. Apparently, you can call someone in Facebook messenger. I had no idea you could even do that. She never called back or contacted me in any way, and still has been ignoring everything I post on Facebook. In truth, I'm not sure what I would have done if she actually would have called me back.

image.jpeg

Meanwhile, I have been trying to figure out a way to take a trip to Disneyland somehow. It's so hard when you're older and single and don't have anyone that wants to travel.

I never knew you could do that either in FB. I know the situation isn't funny, but it's hilarious that your naked dog did all of that!

How are you feeling lately? I hope you are feeling well :)

I never knew you could do that either in FB. I know the situation isn't funny, but it's hilarious that your naked dog did all of that!

How are you feeling lately? I hope you are feeling well :)

Hi, there. :wave: Nice to see you. Hope you're doing ok. I'm hanging in there. Still having swallowing issues. Stuff isn't getting stuck as much, hardly at all, but I keep getting stuff in my lungs. :( Have s swallow study on 4/18.

It really is funny. He has also called people on my phone by stepping all over it. One time, someone even came to check on me, because I wasn't answering the phone. Meanwhile, it was Nizzy. Phone wasn't shut off after I made a call. Should have put it to the lock screen, but didn't. He sat on it an pd called someone. It's happened a few times. I've even accidentally called people after talking to someone else. Just holding the phone, and not getting right out of my contacts or favorites screen.

Be well. :)

I am glad this got bumped; I remember your restaurant thread! Very glad most of your trip was okay and that you're feeling better, and I am sorry about your friend. I echo a previous poster: you don't anyone any explanations for how you pack. Hell, I am a chronic overpacker and find your skills impressive.

I have to say, that this park day, was a ton of walking, and felt like a ton of walking. I suppose I could have organized this day better maybe(?), but it was fine, we got there for rope drop, and it was an early day, we basically left after the last Lion King show, which was at 5, I believe.

This made me chuckle, because on our September trip I said the exact same thing. I did a lot better with our DHS day but when it comes to AK my planning skills are a mess.

Came across your thread and wanted to send you some support!!! I admire that you apologized for being snippy, but really it happens to all of us when we travel and I feel a true friend understands that! Holding a massive grudge is not helpful or nice! she sounds so much like an ex friend of mine, a women that was always right and never understood that how she did things was not the only way in the world (in our case it was parenting styles).

Stand up for yourself too! You don't need or deserve all that drama and nothing is ever the fault of one person! I hope you have many more wonderful trips, including to WDW!!!

I am glad this got bumped; I remember your restaurant thread! Very glad most of your trip was okay and that you're feeling better, and I am sorry about your friend. I echo a previous poster: you don't anyone any explanations for how you pack. Hell, I am a chronic overpacker and find your skills impressive.

This made me chuckle, because on our September trip I said the exact same thing. I did a lot better with our DHS day but when it comes to AK my planning skills are a mess.

Thank you. I guess I feel like I need to explain, because so many people feel the need to tell me I should only pack what I can handle myself. Since I cannot even raise my arm above my own head, and can barely manage a full gallon of milk to pour myself a drink, that doesn't leave me a lot to work with, as far as packing goes. :rolleyes2 All I can say, is that I pack as little as I can, and I do think I do pretty well. :D

As far as Animal Kingdom, I was just thinking about this again, the other day. I did end up crisscrossing a little that day, but that happens at the parks sometimes, like when rides are closed or steps need to be switched for some reason. I think what makes it feel even worse at AK is because the park is huge, and there's less rides, with some of the "attractions" being things you walk through, like the Discovery Trails, Pangani Trail & Maharaja Jungle Trek, and The Oaisis... That park just has a lot of walking right from the get go. Still my favorite park next to MK. The other thing I was thinking about was how all the night activities will effect plans. I liked that it was a shorter day where I got to relax at night. Now, it's another long park day, once that new stuff is added.

Came across your thread and wanted to send you some support!!! I admire that you apologized for being snippy, but really it happens to all of us when we travel and I feel a true friend understands that! Holding a massive grudge is not helpful or nice! she sounds so much like an ex friend of mine, a women that was always right and never understood that how she did things was not the only way in the world (in our case it was parenting styles).

Stand up for yourself too! You don't need or deserve all that drama and nothing is ever the fault of one person! I hope you have many more wonderful trips, including to WDW!!!

Thank you. It's really a shame she couldn't seem to accept my apology.

I hope I can find a way to travel, too. :)

Just wanted to let you know that I read through the thread and enjoyed your report, even though it had a not so happy ending.
You sound like a great person who has been through a lot, and hopefully this doesn't diminish your love for Disney and desire to travel. I hope that all works out for you!

Just wanted to let you know that I read through the thread and enjoyed your report, even though it had a not so happy ending.
You sound like a great person who has been through a lot, and hopefully this doesn't diminish your love for Disney and desire to travel. I hope that all works out for you!

Definitely hasn't diminished my love for Disney! Thank you. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter