The Adventurosity Club

Fleagles - may you have good news!!!:cool1::hug::dance3::grouphug:

And if not good, then may you have the strength to handle it.

Well the good news is three parts

- I have a legitimate ticker now!!! YES, a trip is on the books

- DH said we could add another day so we are now staying 4 nights!! I think this is soooo much better.

- We got in BLT for a 1br! I can't wait to try out this resort.

And the bad news...we couldn't get in BLT for December. In fact, for the time we wanted (Dec 5-8), there were only 2 properties available (SSR and OKW), so from a DVC point of view, this time will be crowded.

So we are going Nov 14 - 18th.

I'm bummed b/c I won't be able to meet up with some of you guys ... but hey, I'm going to Disney!!!:banana:

- DH said we could add another day so we are now staying 4 nights!! I think this is soooo much better.

And the bad news...we couldn't get in BLT for December. In fact, for the time we wanted (Dec 5-8), there were only 2 properties available (SSR and OKW), so from a DVC point of view, this time will be crowded.

I'm bummed b/c I won't be able to meet up with some of you guys ... but hey, I'm going to Disney!!!:banana:

Great news, Marshay! November will be wonderful. I'm sad we won't meet this year, but I know it will happen some day!

You are right, it's great that you're still going!! I'm so excited for you to stay at BLT too!!:cool1:

Great news, Marshay! November will be wonderful. I'm sad we won't meet this year, but I know it will happen some day!

You are right, it's great that you're still going!! I'm so excited for you to stay at BLT too!!:cool1:

Believe me, I am bummed about not meeting up with folks on this thread and another one...it would have been so much fun, just to say hi and maybe even to do a ride together (or the kichen sink!)...

When Dec 5-8 was booked up, I asked for any 3-4 nights in November or December and was told they only had BLT 1 br for Nov 13-20. So I immediately snagged up some of those dates.

I guess since it's after the F&W and before T-day and Christmas lights, that is why it isn't as busy.

We decided it was more important to do BLT than the christmas stuff. Although I really do want to go at Xmas (was there in 2004), we want to try out BLT...if we like it enough, we might even be able to add on some more points!:thumbsup2;)

Thanks DisFriends! We appreciate the good thoughts. Still no news though.....we'll keep hoping something happens soon.

On another note: You might get a kick out of this little tid-bit

Last night I was teaching dance and it was brought to my attention that one of my 11th grade Senior Company members had made a comment a month or so ago about her attendance. She's missed quite a few classes and when I questioned her about it she apparently said behind my back.....

"I can come to class whenever I want because my tuition sends Mrs. Amy's family to Disney World every year!" Wow....what a little snot. Can you believe it. By the way, they're behind in their tuition and it's way past time for the Fleagles to go to Disney World. Hmmm.....maybe there is a connection?

Just checking in friends. Wish Eric luck.....the job search is not going well and we're really close to being out of time. :sad2:

Hugs to all of you! :hug:

Thanks DisFriends! We appreciate the good thoughts. Still no news though.....we'll keep hoping something happens soon.

On another note: You might get a kick out of this little tid-bit

Last night I was teaching dance and it was brought to my attention that one of my 11th grade Senior Company members had made a comment a month or so ago about her attendance. She's missed quite a few classes and when I questioned her about it she apparently said behind my back.....

"I can come to class whenever I want because my tuition sends Mrs. Amy's family to Disney World every year!" Wow....what a little snot. Can you believe it. By the way, they're behind in their tuition and it's way past time for the Fleagles to go to Disney World. Hmmm.....maybe there is a connection?

Just checking in friends. Wish Eric luck.....the job search is not going well and we're really close to being out of time. :sad2:

Hugs to all of you! :hug:

Gosh she was a little snot! And tell them to pay their bills so you can go to Disney again!

Sorry, to hear about Eric's job search. These are tough times.

Hey John says to waitlist BLT, as they have not released everything into inventory as of yet. :)

Hey John says to waitlist BLT, as they have not released everything into inventory as of yet. :)

I was thinking about waitlisting but we wanted to reserve "something"... and since we have a Dec Use Year, the points I take from Dec 2009 to book our trip would be borrowed into Nov 2009 and I have to use them by Nov 30, 2009.

Confusing but basically since we booked Nov trip, we'll just stick with that.

But tell John thanks for the info!

PS We are seriously considering buying points at BLT as I discuss in the Pre Trip Report!!! I'm not sure if we can swing it but ...

Hi all!

Busy downloading and editing all of our Disney pics and vids and just had to post this for a certain family to hopefully help brighten their day.

You know who you are!

Hi all!

Busy downloading and editing all of our Disney pics and vids and just had to post this for a certain family to hopefully help brighten their day.

You know who you are!

Wow.....you guys are the best. Truly. Who would have thought that our little Party In The Car tradition would make it this far? It was definitely a good dose of medicine for the Fleagles and I was happy to see the smiles you all had while you were doing the "funky salmon". Disney cheer is contagious. You've made our day. A most sincere thank you for thinking of us on your trip. You really have no idea how much it means. We love all of you!

Amy :grouphug:

3Guys and Katscradle -- Thanks for posting that "Party in the Car" segment -- it was truly wonderful!! What a great tradition for our group.

You guys rock!!:thumbsup2

DD3 and I just completed our Father's Day gift to him. I think it turned out really cute and thought I would share with you all.

This is my first craft since Elie was born ... and it feels so good to get back to crafting!

JPEG021-3.jpg

It's made with wood letters from AC Moore and embellished with paper, buttons, small wood figures, glitter. I mod-podged it to seal it. And I put a pocket in the back of the D's so we could replace the photo in the future.

Hooray for Party in the Car!

Marshay - Love the sweet gift for your DH! I'm glad to got to let your art side take over for a little bit!

I have some really fun late breaking news...
I usually perform at a certain very favorite festival for my summer vacation, but at the very last minute I decided I need a different kind of vacation than a working one, so I am going to Disneyland for 5 nights in July! The very best part is that Missy (tothesea) moved to the Los Angeles area this spring and we'll be able to play while I'm there. I hope to see Wendy (CalDisneyFamily) too!

Hooray for Party in the Car!

Marshay - Love the sweet gift for your DH! I'm glad to got to let your art side take over for a little bit!

I have some really fun late breaking news...
I usually perform at a certain very favorite festival for my summer vacation, but at the very last minute I decided I need a different kind of vacation than a working one, so I am going to Disneyland for 5 nights in July! The very best part is that Missy (tothesea) moved to the Los Angeles area this spring and we'll be able to play while I'm there. I hope to see Wendy (CalDisneyFamily) too!

Oh, I'm so happy for you!!! What fun to go to DL and see your DIS friends. Of course, we want a TR:lmao:

I hate to intrude on this thread but I just noticed it today and watched the "party in the car" video and saw some posts about it. What is the "party in the car" and where did it come from?

Thanks! :-)

Oh, I'm so happy for you!!! What fun to go to DL and see your DIS friends. Of course, we want a TR:lmao:

What I think I'll do is a compare and contrast TR between my February and now July DL trips, as I also must start the WDW December 2008 report :scared1:! I'm determined to do it all! It will be interesting to visit at a super busy time, as usually I avoid crowded times at all costs. In February it was almost deserted because it was cold and rainy, so this will be a whole different experience.

I hate to intrude on this thread but I just noticed it today and watched the "party in the car" video and saw some posts about it. What is the "party in the car" and where did it come from?

Amy, do you want to take this one? It's a super sweet story...

cchev,

Ah, the "Party In The Car".....hmmmm.....just where to begin?

Our family (called the Fleagles here on the Disboard) is a quirky crew of mom, dad, and 4 kids....obviously Disney enthusiasts.

My husband, Mr. Fleagle, is quite a character and we've developed some silly little traditions over the years on our trips to the World. One of which was "party in the car" that Eric (Mr. Fleagle) shared on his last trip report.
Simply put, if we happen to get a monorail car all to ourselves then we break out in a dance and song (we're a theatrical family too) we've affectionately entitled "Party In The Car". The funky salmon is just one of Mr. Fleagles 'awesome' dance moves. ;)

Somehow it's become a funny little bit here on the board........ :hug:

Maybe one day we'll get back to Disney and video the real version for you all.....but it's not looking like that will be anytime soon. :sad2:

Hugs from the Fleagles

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter