• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The ABC's of Trip Reporting- PLEASE JOIN US ON THE NEW THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
jeesh, and you didn't even PM me for a TR siggie icon! LOL! I was actually watching my PM box today for it.

At least I made it onto page 1 :dancer:

Love the picture!

I definitely NEED a ticker!!! But have pretty much not a lot of time to fiddle around with figuring out how to get it into my siggie without 4 extra brackets, everything on the same line- and well, frankly just getting the darn thing to show up at all is a skill that requires at least an hour. :lmao:

Okay, I got WAY behind on the PTR, but am determined to stay caught up with the TR... I hope you all had a FANTASTIC time and can't wait to hear about it!

I AM SO glad you are here!! We live SO close to one another now, and will be even closer in a few months. Beaverton sux as far as rain (welcome home) goes, but I will admit, it is lovely here. And to think I've come back to some insta-Disney friends!! WOOT!

Already page 3?! I really slipped on this one.

Fabulous intro Liesa. This is going to be something really special. At least I know I'm guaranteed at least a year's worth of entertainment :surfweb:

Did I make page 1?? :hyper:

DANG! Top of page 2!

But, that's still pretty good! :goodvibes Okay, gotta go read.

You did VERY well!! In a thread like this, anything in the first, I dunno, 10 pages is pretty decent. :rotfl2:

Ahhhh, what a perfect intro. It made me warm inside and put a smile on my face. I try to picture myself in your shoes - at the World - in the midst of all you had just gone through/were going through. I just moved from the midwest to the east of the SAME country and it about did me in!

You are an amazing woman! I am honored that I got to meet you. I kept hoping I'd see all three of you at some point during the trip again - but it seems I just missed you more than once! I do hope our paths cross again, I'd love to sit and chat for longer...and in more comfortable seating. ;)

I am here for the ride - and looking for forward to every bit of it.

Is there going to be a contest of how many threads you will fill? :laughing:

I can tell you, I was grinning from ear to ear most of the trip, and at one point the laughter well, umm.... got a bit out of control. I'll leave it at that for the time being.

The move has gone very smoothly so far, the hardest thing right now, is getting Zachy in school, and trying to set up a zillion doctor/ dentist appts. for all of us. UGH!!

I am fairly certain, our paths will cross again- it's just a matter of time. ;) And I'm also very sure our comfortable seating will be the best to be found anywhere in this world, or out. :cloud9:

Hmmm.... that is a great idea. I also have a couple of other games that I formulated during the trip. But for later.

Already page 3?! I really slipped on this one.

Fabulous intro Liesa. This is going to be something really special. At least I know I'm guaranteed at least a year's worth of entertainment :surfweb:

JEN!!!! How are you!!?? Obviously, I've only made it to a couple of threads since being back, but guaranteed, I'll be catching up on all my lovely friends' threads soon! Awesome you are here!!

Seatbelt is fastened and I am along for the ride!!! :goodvibes I have been looking forward to your report!! :thumbsup2

Tracy

You did notice she left not one but TWO posts open for TOC...

:rotfl:

I learned my lesson early on, on the first few threads. What a pain to go back an adjust!! Or worse yet, not be able to!

Here! Going to read.....:goodvibes

YEAH!! Camille is here!! Great to have talked to you yesterday!

I'm here! What a wonderful start of the TR! I hope this TR will keep me entertained through the ghastly Berlin winter....

Why thanks you!! By the way, a little piece of Kathrarina touring style was captured late in the trip!! It was so great to be reminded of you along the way!!

So Berlin has a ghastly winter?? Well, then, we can commiserate together whilst I am here in Porltand- land of the eternal rain.

The second reader in the Central European Time Zone is signing in! I really miss hanging out on the boards in the mornings with you...

I loved your intro, very well written, and you managed to get the essence of three PTRs! And I love the fact that you finally can call yourself a missionary and write about Kazakhstan instead of Blankistan. Freedom really is a wonderful thing which unfortunately very often is only appreciated once it has been lost. :goodvibes I am so happy for you that you have it back! :thumbsup2

Double bonus!! Two Bavarian readers!!! :banana::banana::banana:

The intro is so important- sadly, I may not have reflected the fun and zaniness about to ensue. :lmao: Really, if some readers got the impression that things can't or don't go downhill very quickly around here, they have been mislead. :rotfl2:

YES! Finally, I don't have to be so careful about who/what I really am/was. Did you catch that ambiguity?? Transition is a tough place to be! Yes, freedom is a wonderful, wonderful thing! NEVER take it for granted!

Found you. Now going back to read! Page 2 so not gonna take nearly as long to get caught up as it did when I first joined along on your journey! :banana:

WOOT!! The Marvster is here!

Very well said, Magdalene! Sadly, you now get to experience what some of us had to go through while Liesa was in Blanki...., uh Kazakhstan with the time zone issues! And of course for us getting to share time with you here on the DIS, though not quite as much on the East Coast as the West Coast.

Not being as well versed in the Liesa history as some on here who have been a part of it much longer, I had the Kazakhstan part down from Glenn's DC Meet TR and the pictures of the many gifts Liesa brought with her. I surmised the missionary part, but am glad to have that "mystery" officially resolved.

I am so looking forward to keeping up with this TR from the very start! It is off to a good start Liesa and you know I will be doing a lot of :surfweb: and popcorn:: as we get to travel this long and wonderful journey with you! I'm certain that it will indeed be entertaining, adventurous, touching, compelling and inspiring! I wish I could have been a participant in the latter stages of it, but since that didn't work out, I am so looking forward to experiencing the journey here along with everyone else! :woohoo:

HOnestly, I don't know, for these first weeks how much I can "hang out". There is so much to do- it's overwhelming really. But as things fall into place there will be more time for that- and I do look forward to it!

Yes, our family did clean water projects to the very poorest/ most rural villages. Imagine having to haul water from 1/4 mile away in buckets to clean a school or hospital. We helped with those issues. In a nutshell, of course. :thumbsup2

So glad you're here!! It does promise to be all of the above- very well said! But remember, it's all about what we do with this together!!

Well, I don't respond to trip reports normally, but I caught this one close to the beginning, and it sounds incredibly intriguing, so I thought I would post so I could join in. Hope I can intermingle even though I haven't been around for the pre-trip reports (heading over to read them now!). Can't wait to read more!

OMGosh, OMGosh~~ A new reader!!! :woohoo::yay::dance3::dance3::yay::woohoo:

I am very, very excited!!! You know that, right??

The more mingling you do, the more fun it will be for all of us!! Don't be shy- just get goofy with us, and everything will be peachy!!

:welcome:~!!

Oh Liesa, I'm so excited to finally read about your trip! I was in and out of the third installment of the PTR but I'm here and I'm ready to keep up...as soon as I return from the World on teh 26th. :rotfl:

Really, I'm so very happy this was a wonderful trip for all of you. So well deserved. :goodvibes

Hi TINK!!! I"m so glad you ARE here! You're as busy as me- and so I understand your in and out; no worries there! I'll be over to catch up on yours in the next day or so!

I'm here! I can't wait to hear all about your trip. :banana:

Leslie! My POR friend!!! WHat a lovely breakfast that was with you! So glad you're here, Darlin'- you bring the sparkle!

:teeth:

I wanted to post this last night, but thought I'd save those coveted page 1 posts for new subscribers. :laughing:

Nice. :lmao:

And a couple new ones we did get!!!

I AM SO glad you are here!! We live SO close to one another now, and will be even closer in a few months. Beaverton sux as far as rain (welcome home) goes, but I will admit, it is lovely here. And to think I've come back to some insta-Disney friends!! WOOT!
As if you have nothing to do, this comment pointed out that you get to change your location under your Avatar pic, since you are no longer located in one of the "Stans" in Central Asia!!!! :woohoo:

Again, it is so good to have you HOME! :hug:

Seatbelt is fastened and I am along for the ride!!! :goodvibes I have been looking forward to your report!! :thumbsup2

Tracy

GREAT to have you here, Tracy!! Glad your seatbelt is fastened- it's going to be a bumpy few months. (Anyone know what that's from?)

As if you have nothing to do, this comment pointed out that you get to change your location under your Avatar pic, since you are no longer located in one of the "Stans" in Central Asia!!!! :woohoo:

Again, it is so good to have you HOME! :hug:

Avatar, Schmavatar... takes me months to figure out anything on the CP area. First, I need a cup of coffee- ok, another cup of coffee!! :lmao:

Hi TINK!!! I"m so glad you ARE here! You're as busy as me- and so I understand your in and out; no worries there! I'll be over to catch up on yours in the next day or so!

I was just thinking to myself, "Self? Liesa's using the alphabet for her chapter titles. For a TR. On the DIS. Home of umpteen thousand Disney obsessed peeps. One of her A chapters should be A-Addicted." :laughing:

JEN!!!! How are you!!?? Obviously, I've only made it to a couple of threads since being back, but guaranteed, I'll be catching up on all my lovely friends' threads soon! Awesome you are here!!

I'm home today bed ridden with vertigo or something of the like :sick: Don't fret about catching up on every one else's thread. Especially right now while you try to settle in at home. You'll have a hard enough time keeping up on your own thread! :rotfl:

Good morning, Leisa. I just wanted to say goodbye and I'll see you on the DIS in two weeks (I also sent you a PM).

I've been keeping up - are you impressed? ;)

Now I need to get caught up on everyone else's - Glenn's, Jen's, Tim's, Rosie's and Magdalene/Katharina's. That could take awhile - LOL - so take your time on this one.

I think about you guys a lot and hope that the transition back to life in America goes as well as possible. :hug:

Yeah isn't this rain so lovely?? :rolleyes: But, that is what makes Oregon so green, right? :confused3

Glad you made it all the way back home! I can't wait to hear all about the journey!!

Insta-Disney friends are AWESOME!! :thumbsup2

GREAT to have you here, Tracy!! Glad your seatbelt is fastened- it's going to be a bumpy few months. (Anyone know what that's from?)

Oh - a quiz already! In my reality it is from the Great Movie Ride. But I am thinking it is actually from Whatever Happened to Baby Jane.

Welcome home! Really looking forward to being along for the bumpy ride this time instead of stumbling across it 2 years and 3 full threads into it:confused3.

I'm so glad your trip was everything you hoped it would be.

Since Dan brought flowers to the TR-warming - I thought I would bring a snack....how's a little cake? :cake:

Good morning, Leisa. I just wanted to say goodbye and I'll see you on the DIS in two weeks (I also sent you a PM).
And if Kathy still has a thread when she returns, you can catch up on her trip there! :rolleyes1 In the mean time, you should be able to read some very creative updates while she's gone!!! :banana:
Now I need to get caught up on everyone else's - Glenn's, Jen's, Tim's, Rosie's and Magdalene/Katharina's. That could take awhile - LOL - so take your time on this one.
I guess I post on everyone else's thread too much. So few people feel the need to stay caught up on mine???? :sad1:

And if Kathy still has a thread when she returns, you can catch up on her trip there! :rolleyes1 In the mean time, you should be able to read some very creative updates while she's gone!!! :banana:
I guess I post on everyone else's thread too much. So few people feel the need to stay caught up on mine???? :sad1:

My sincerest apologies Marv! I did not even know you had a thread! My eyes are getting too old for that tiny type at the bottom of your siggie! :rotfl: And I forgot Kathy too! Running to subscribe now but it might take me a bit to get up to speed! :flower3:

My sincerest apologies Marv! I did not even know you had a thread! My eyes are getting too old for that tiny type at the bottom of your siggie! :rotfl: And I forgot Kathy too! Running to subscribe now but it might take me a bit to get up to speed! :flower3:
Hey Glenn was right, being pathetic DOES boost readership!!! :woohoo: (or at least acting like it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter