The ABC's of Trip Reporting- PLEASE JOIN US ON THE NEW THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

All7OfUs

<font color=darkorchid>We too are so very NOT into
Once every so often, an opportunity presents itself that has the potential to be utterly cathartic in both grand and small ways. An opportunity that, when taken seriously, and acted upon steadily, in order to ensure its reality, has the promise of seeing great things unfold before the very eyes of the active participant.

Welcome to such an event. Welcome to the story in which 3 ladies of very different backgrounds yet, bonded together by a very special friendship, enjoy such an opportunity!! If you are looking for a Trip Report to Disney World in which only the events of the day are listed in the order they occurred, with little else, this is not the chronicle for you. I warn you now (or rather bring you glad tidings, depending on your point of view) that this will be a VERY long, and very detailed, story in which personalities interact with one another, and where hopes, dreams, disappointments, humor, and feelings are formulated and shared with you, our dear readers.

I will warn you now that the first many weeks of this Trip Report will involve a VERY long journey of JUST getting to Disney. You’ll travel along with me all the way from the heart of Central Asia, through Germany, Washington DC, and on into Orlando. Of course there will be 11 full days of Disney Hoopla after that, but I don’t think you’ll want to miss the drama of traveling over 14,000 miles to get to the House of Mouse.

If you haven’t guessed by now, every chapter will start with a new letter of the alphabet. I imagine by the time it’s all said and done, we’ll have gone through all 26 characters several times. If you don’t believe that, you haven’t followed the pre-trip reports very well.

Let us introduce ourselves, first. From left to right: LeeAnn ,extraordinary mom of 5, wife to a pastor, elected school board member of the 2nd largest district in Oregon, and all-around busy lady- beautiful in every way; Mary (Maroo to most of us), angel in DISguise who pours her life out over and over every day, lover of life, servant to the core. Me, Liesa, mom to 5 amazing kids, wife to an all-around great guy, missionary in Central Asia until last month for 10 years, and instigator of the trip.

I have called this chapter: A is for Anticipation. This is because this was a trip actually 2 years in the making! 2 years ago, I, Liesa, began to get an idea- an idea to take a vacation with a few good friends. At the time, I did not know that this trip would serve as a small window of time between “my 2 lives”. The timing of this trip, although not planned at first, ended up being sandwiched exactly between moving from Kazakhstan, where I’ve lived the last 9 1/2 years, and back to the US to “start over”. I have no doubt that this was no accident.

If you are interested in the myriad of hopes and dreams resting on this week, or getting to know us better, you can read it all HERE,, and HERE,, and HERE. In a nutshell this was a dream born of longings. I longed to just experience rest- rest from living in a foreign country, speaking a foreign language, from ugly surroundings, rude manners, and no place to find respite from it all. I was tired of homeschooling, cooking, laundry, cleaning, all in a place where my utilities come and go like the husbands of Elizabeth Taylor. I was weary of many things, and this would be just one piece of a long line up of “fixes” in an ongoing restorative process.

Anticipation was definitely the operative word leading up to this 12 day extravaganza. Thousands of hours were spent dreaming, planning, yearning and longing for every detail. We made lists, charts, spreadsheets, and journals for every conceivable detail even remotely associated with our travel, resorts, meals, shopping, and park time. Hundreds of phone calls, e-mails, conversations, and chats went into our weekly, and even daily, routines. It was exhilarating to watch it all come together- each and every detail. It was a wonderful thing of grace and beauty to watch our friendship grow from complete strangers to close soul mates.

Come with us now, on a journey of epic proportions, as we journal out our adventures of conquering the World of Disney together! Along the way you can expect more than a few laughs, maybe a tear or two, lots of banter and chatter between the chapters, and a whole lotta pictures. I can’t guarantee I’ll tell our story in order all the time, but I can guarantee that I’ll bring you along as if you were with us, and a reply to every thought you share.

Don’t be shy! Let us know what you are thinking, encourage us, let us get to know you, just feel free to share whatever’s on your mind. It’ll only be as fun as you make it- remember, as with all things in life: You’ll get out of this, as much as you put into it. Until Next Time…
Have a Magical Day!

OH My, It Can't Be Pt. 1
Oh My, It Can't Be- Pt. 2
Oooooooooooooh Baby, You're Letter O is UP!
P is for Positively Phenomenal Passages- Pt. 1
P is for Postively Phenomenal Passages- Pt. 2
Let's P-p-play Where's This Letter P?! + Current Game Scores!
Q is for Quintessential DISMeet!
A Bit of Life News
Letter P Picture Answer
A Few Little Souvies, Now Ain't That Just Groovy
Quick! Guess your Letter Q!!
A Fabulous New Set of Wheels!
R is for Returning "Home", Wherever That May Be- K; S and R!!
Letters R and S in our Letter Guessing Game!
T is for Taking the Tent Out of Trailer!
U is for US Army Undergraduate!
5K Fun (?)
Letter T- Where in the World??
Letter U- Where in the World??
V is for Very, Very Cool Vacation!
W is for Wicked Fun DISMeet!
X is for eXtra eXciting DISMeet with eXciting and eXhiliarating Company – Pt. 2
Y is for YES! There IS More DISMeet!
Z is for Zinger of an Ending of the Pre-Disney Drivel

A is for: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, She's Off!!
A is for AIRPLANE! -Maroo (1-3)
B is for: Baaaaack and Forth, Baaaaack and Forth... Liesa (1-5)
B is for: BACK UP! Bugs and Bazoombas!! Maroo (1-6)
C is for Chinese Culinary Concoctions! Liesa (1-11)
D is for Destination: Stardom Debut! Liesa (1-16)
C is for Crappy Computer- Maroo (1-17)
D is for: DISFriends! Maroo
E is for Exceptional Existential Enjoyment! Liesa- 1-19
EF4!!!! maroo- (1/21)
F is for: Flunking Class, But Finding Fauntleroy!! Liesa- 1/22)
G is for: Glitter and Glam! Liesa (1/27)
H is for: Hooray for Hollywoodland! Liesa- (1/30)
G is for: Grand Arrival! maroo- (1/31)
I is for: Incredibly Intoxicating Indulgence! Liesa (2/3)
K is for: KA-CHOW That Wraps Up DAY 1! Liesa (2/7)
L is for: The real LIVING Pinocchio! maroo (2/8)
M is for: Magic at Monsters! Maroo (2/10)
M is for: My Mug-Related Moronic Moment! Liesa (2/11)
N is for: No WAY! Not a Missionary! maroo (2/13)
O is for: Onward, To Future World! Liesa (2/15)
P is for: Please Pursue POST HOST #2! Liesa (2/18)
Q is for: Quite a Christmas! Liesa (2/23)
P is for: Priceless Palace Pictures! maroo (2/27)
R is for: Real Life: Returning to Re-Learn! Liesa (3/1)
S is for: Something Seriously Seedy! Pt. 1- Liesa (3/2)
S is for: Something Seriously Seedy! Pt. 2
T is for: Taking the Rosy Road to Taking Down Lunch! Liesa (3/7)

I'm in! Page 1 Baybeee!

Darn you, Glen. You beat me to second. :headache:

Liesa, great start. I am so looking forward to reading this TR and sharing your experiences with you. I am pretty sure I'm taking the laptop with us so that we don't get too far behind.

Darn you, Glen. You beat me to second. :headache:

Liesa, great start. I am so looking forward to reading this TR and sharing your experiences with you. I am pretty sure I'm taking the laptop with us so that we don't get too far behind.

Trust me, it would have taken weeks had I not written the bulk of it like 6 months ago. :rotfl2: Your next installment could take a week or MORE to get posted.

And as for extra time while on vacay... well, let's just say I missed way too much in my trip notes due to excessive amounts of fun!

jeesh, and you didn't even PM me for a TR siggie icon! LOL! I was actually watching my PM box today for it.

At least I made it onto page 1 :dancer:

Love the picture!

Okay, I got WAY behind on the PTR, but am determined to stay caught up with the TR... I hope you all had a FANTASTIC time and can't wait to hear about it!

Ahhhh, what a perfect intro. It made me warm inside and put a smile on my face. I try to picture myself in your shoes - at the World - in the midst of all you had just gone through/were going through. I just moved from the midwest to the east of the SAME country and it about did me in!

You are an amazing woman! I am honored that I got to meet you. I kept hoping I'd see all three of you at some point during the trip again - but it seems I just missed you more than once! I do hope our paths cross again, I'd love to sit and chat for longer...and in more comfortable seating. ;)

I am here for the ride - and looking for forward to every bit of it.

Is there going to be a contest of how many threads you will fill? :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter