Tax refunds

Mine is slated to DD tomorrow, will let you know if it doesn't show up

**** it was in my bank this am 3/26**** Hope yours arrive soon

We filed yesterday. Met with the accountant at 2, the return was accepted by 5pm. She told us that with returns filed now, they are only taking about a week to refund, but of course she said not to quote her on it. I feel so bad for everyone who tried to file early and had all the problems. It would really piss me off.

Only people with education credit are having problems.

Ours were accepted within the hour also, it's a processing error that held up filers with that specific credit.

Our status has not changed, but today we were able to order a transcript for the first time. Hope its a good sign.

If you were able to order transcripts today.. you should receive your DD date in a few days..

I was able to order mine the middle of last week but my screen didn't change... but when I pulled everything in to FAFSA to verify it all checked out correctly.. Then in a day or so I had a DD date and my money was in when it was supposed to be...

So, the end if near for you, FortForever.

ETA: we had the education credit forms that were stuck in limbo for a while..

We had education credit as well and we filed on 2/18 and didn't hear anything until today. Very frustrating since we are using our tax refund well most of it for our family vacation this year. DD is March 29th.

PrincessNancy96 said:
If you were able to order transcripts today.. you should receive your DD date in a few days..

I was able to order mine the middle of last week but my screen didn't change... but when I pulled everything in to FAFSA to verify it all checked out correctly.. Then in a day or so I had a DD date and my money was in when it was supposed to be...

So, the end if near for you, FortForever.

ETA: we had the education credit forms that were stuck in limbo for a while..

Good to hear!

Thanks for the info :-)

I filed on Feb. 1 and knew that it would be longer than usual because of the education credit. Little did I know that it would end up being a 2 - 3 month process.:rolleyes2

I was able to order transcript today..hoping for a ddd soon we leave for Disney on Monday, couldn't cancel trip we were using the $ for food and spending sure hope it comes soon. We filed on Feb.14 and was accepted Feb.15. We had the Education credits. Just knew doing are taxes early we would have had the $:furious: in plenty of time.

Ours were accepted within the hour also, it's a processing error that held up filers with that specific credit.

Our status has not changed, but today we were able to order a transcript for the first time. Hope its a good sign.

I had education credit and I have gotten my refund. I did do a paper return and not electronic. It took 3 weeks from the time I mailed it until it was direct deposited in my account. I didn't mail it until the end of Feb though.

I had education credit and I have gotten my refund. I did do a paper return and not electronic. It took 3 weeks from the time I mailed it until it was direct deposited in my account. I didn't mail it until the end of Feb though.

tarheel618 said:
. I didn't mail it until the end of Feb though.

That is why it was so fast. People who filed before the mess was straightened up were still stuck in error dept.

If you sent yours in just as it had been resolved, it would have been completed while ours were lined up waiting to get manually put back in the system.

Essentially, you're a line jumper. ;-)

We met with the accountant during President's week and waited a week or two for some paperwork relating to my mother in law's estate. Our return was deposited into our account yesterday :)

My post on the H&R Block Facebook page:

OMG really!?!?!? I called the IRS because I'm "still processing" (I did have Topic 152 briefly last week but it disappeared) and the guy told me that I am really still processing and it will be another 4-6 weeks from March 26. OMG! I don't care about the money as much as I do about losing Financial Aid. Lucky me was selected at random for a financial aid audit and I need to use the IRS data retrieval tool, which can't be used obviously until the return has been processed. I'm beyond furious now.

I am so frustrated! I can't imagine how those that are depending on the refund for something must feel. Grrrrr. I'm pissed at the IRS and H&R Block now. It was only 600,000 returns out of tens of millions. How can it possibly take that long!?!?!?!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter