• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Table for Humina, Humina?_____completed! 7/30

Italian Margarita... Check!
Grey Goose Slushie... Check!

These are now on my official list for my trip. Great update.

Italian Margaritas are the best, aren't they? So refreshing on a hot day...

Does the Welsh Dragon taste very melony (is that even a word?:rotfl:)? I am intrigued by it's neon glow, and the inclusion of Creme de Menthe amongst all the fruit flavors, but am not a huge fan of melon flavoring.

I'm glad you rectified your earlier error and tried the superior drink...I'm also mightily happy you enjoyed it.

It was so much better! I think the grandmarnier was almost like a dessert drnk or something. A bit to heavy to be satisfying

Thanks for another wonderful update.

Your welcome! Thanks for reading:goodvibes

Can't wait to try that Welsh Dragon!!! Glad you enjoyed the Italian Margarita, I LOVE it!!!!!:thumbsup2

The Italian Margarita was so tasty that I have adjusted by WS budget to fit in more than one.

I don't know how I've missed the Italian Margarita all this time, but its definitely on my hit list for the next visit. Sounds like you had a great time around the WS.

I've been reading some reviews since I started delurking and it seems like this gets skipped over a bit. Though I did read on one person's review that they had a bad one on their last trip:scared: it wasnt' cold enough for something. I'm hoping that's all fixed by the time I get there.

Italian Margarita... Check!
Grey Goose Slushie... Check!

These are now on my official list for my trip. Great update.

The drink lists always get longer don't they:laughing:?

Italian Margaritas are the best, aren't they? So refreshing on a hot day...

Does the Welsh Dragon taste very melony (is that even a word?:rotfl:)? I am intrigued by it's neon glow, and the inclusion of Creme de Menthe amongst all the fruit flavors, but am not a huge fan of melon flavoring.

It's not very melony at all. I don't even like melons, they are the only food I don't really eat, and I love this drink. I think it's just that everything comes together in this drink so I don't even notice that melon flavor lurks within. If you're like me you'll most likely enjoy it.

I have got to get me one of those Italian Margaritas - I love really tart, lemony goodness

Solo trips are the best! I love my Spouse but it's so nice to do what I want when I want to. And I'm glad you're trying Tusker House. They have so many good options. I'm really going to miss it this trip, but I want to give Yak & Yeti a try. You'll have to pile up your plate extra high for me;)

I really enjoyed my solo trip. There will be 8 of us in August (4 adults and 4 kids) and while I'm really looking forward to it I'm also looking forward to my solo time in October:thumbsup2

I'll definitely have an extra dessert or two for you at Tusker House. I think you'll enjoy Yak and Yeti -- I tried it on my last trip and it was a really nice break from the park and I enjoyed the food too:flower3:

I definitely have the Grey Goose Slushie and the Welsh Dragon on my list. I've never had the Welsh Dragon before but it looks good and I like melon, although I know you said it is not overly melony. What exactly is in it?

Hi!

I'm a fellow Friendie, but a little late to the party over here... at least I caught up before you finished :cool1:
I've really enjoyed your reviews/pop culture reference guides and look forward to what you have in store for Sept/Oct.!

I have got to get me one of those Italian Margaritas - I love really tart, lemony goodness

That's exactly what this was- you'll love it.

I really enjoyed my solo trip. There will be 8 of us in August (4 adults and 4 kids) and while I'm really looking forward to it I'm also looking forward to my solo time in October:thumbsup2

I'll definitely have an extra dessert or two for you at Tusker House. I think you'll enjoy Yak and Yeti -- I tried it on my last trip and it was a really nice break from the park and I enjoyed the food too:flower3:

I definitely have the Grey Goose Slushie and the Welsh Dragon on my list. I've never had the Welsh Dragon before but it looks good and I like melon, although I know you said it is not overly melony. What exactly is in it?

Welsh Dragon- Peach Schnapps, Melon Liqueur, Crème de Menthe, Orange Juice, & Pineapple Juice. From what I've read on the boards, it now comes in a keepsake plastic mug (i think it's 9.50) but you can also get it without the special mug.

Hi!

I'm a fellow Friendie, but a little late to the party over here... at least I caught up before you finished :cool1:
I've really enjoyed your reviews/pop culture reference guides and look forward to what you have in store for Sept/Oct.!

Thanks for reading!:goodvibes

OK, so I slacked on the update with this post. It really comes down to the fact that this was turned out to be one of the most horrible days ever, so I was putting off writting about it. I'm sad to say this review is light on the food, so you can scroll down to the picture of food since that's probaby why you're here.

It all started as a normal day:

The usual daily breakfast, consummed enroute to the bus stop.

Breakfast of champions
DSCI0027.jpg

Today was an EPCOT day and I was at the turnstiles appropriately early. I chatted with a Diser, whose name I forgot to write down. So Hello friendly stranger from Georgia!:wave2:

dis169.jpg

worst YMCA formation ever
dis175.jpg

At this point everything was going well. The weather was wonderful, there were nice people to chat with before RD, and I made it into the EPCOT character spot 1st, but let a family with little kids go before me. They do group shot type thing with all the characters for the first in line and I thought it would be better for the family with 2 toddlers than just lil old me.

As I'm leaving the Character Spot, heading towards the Seas I start to feel warm, specifically on the back of my neck. I got onto the Seas with Nemo and realize I'm having a hives outbreak. I've had these about 4 times over the past 2 years, so I know what to do- I start chugging water.

I hitch a ride at the Imagination Pavillion and was all by myself on the ride, so I took a ton of photos, this helped take my mind off of my growing uncomfortableness for a few minutes.

dis206.jpg

dis209.jpg

By the time I get off the ride I realize I need to get to the Odyssey center, where they have the first aid center. Incase you ever need it, they are super helpful and hooked me up with a Clariton, since I am allergic to Benadryl. That's right, the one medicine that is used to clear up allergic reactions actually makes me break out in hives the size of skittles.:sad2: Up until this point the only thing I knew I was allergic to was benadryl. Well that and badly written novels.

After an hour or so at the Odyssey, I decide to get some food, and that's what we're all here for isn't it?

I went to the Tangerine Cafe, and got their Shawarma Chicken and Lamb Platter ( Served with side of hummus, Tabouleh and a Tangierine Couscous salad with fresh Morrocan bread) I asked for flat bread instead of the roll.

dis244.jpg

I know what you're thinking, "You have a hive attack and ordered this?" Well, the yogurt sauce is milk and good, the meat really isn't spicy at all, and the flat bread was great. Nothing on it is anything I have reactions too, and since it's WDW I knew it wouldn't be spicy and mess with my stomach. I've had this meal before, and it is a lot of food. Two people can easily share this, and I didn't come close to finishing it.

bye bye EPCOT
dis254.jpg

After that I went back to my resort, used the showers by the pool to rinse off incase I was having a "contact" situation, then sat and waited for my DME as I noticed that my foot was now swelling.

View as I waited for DME
dis262.jpg

I took the DME to the airport, made my connection and made it to CA by 10:30PM PST. They almost had paramedics meet me, due to the fact that on the last flight my face was turning into Sloth from the Goonies. My Spouse was happy to see me, even though I looked like a lost 13 rounds to Mike Tyson and took me to the hospital.

They had a wait at the ER and the nurse suggested children's benadryl, since most time people with reactions to benadryl just have it to the dye. My swelling was down a bit and I was so tired and sick of waiting at the hospital, so that's what we did. Turns out it's not just the dye in benadryl I'm allergic to. After awaking at 3AM projectile vomiting I was back and the ER and admitted post haste. They thought I didnt' have insurance, and I told them I did, so I wonder if my delay earlier in that night was due to them thinking I was uninsured?:confused3

And after over 24 hours of being covered in hives we discover I'm allergic to:

.... Bananas!:banana::banana::banana::banana:

What kind of person is allergic to bananas? I don't know, but it turns out my having them 7 days in a row did something to me. After more testing it also turns out I am allergic to the Cosmedicine tinted moisturizer I was using. I had gotten it as a sample at Sephora and used it, but the tube I purchased for my vacation made me break out in hives. Sephora has a lovely return policy though, and they allowed me to exchange it later, even though it was partially used.

So it was the perfet storm of allergic reaction. Bananas and makeup. Surface and innards. I can still eat bananas in small doses (I had a smoothie with banana in it recently and was fine) but I can't handle too many my Dr said.

So, that was the last day of my trip. It was terrible being sick all alone on the other side of the country from my home. I'd like to give a big thank you to Disney's nursing staff, the kind people at Delta for helping me on my flights, and the dozen people who I ran into on my airport travels that day who offered me benadryl.:hug:

And thanks to everyone for reading, and commenting!:grouphug:

I'll be back for a round up of of this trip- and also to post a link to the Pretrip report I will be doing for my upcoming trip that is less than 2 months away! I wanted to wait until it was close so that I wouldn't run out of things to say.

Oh my, you poor thing...what an awful way to end your vacation.:hug: Glad you made it home safely to your hubby and were able to find out what was wrong.

I really enjoyed your report, it was so very entertaining!!

Can't wait to start reading your PTR!!!!:thumbsup2

Hives are awful. I get them from one of my most favoritest things-cheese. I can't give up my cheese, so I always have Prednisone handy in case I over indulge. Half the battle is knowing what causes the hives so your lucky you found out. I admit I would have never thought bananas would cause hives. Glad your better now. :goodvibes

What a horrible end to your trip. I'm glad they got you diagnosed correctly and that you are doing better now. :hug:

Looking forward to your PTR:goodvibes

this turned out to be one of the most horrible days ever

Oh, NO! You poor thing. :hug: I am glad you were able to determine what caused the hives so that hopefully you never have to deal with that again.

oh no! that sucks about the bananas! :( at least you figured out what it was though. can't wait to read your upcoming trip!

Awww, Laura; you poor thing. :hug: What an awful way to end your trip. I'm glad you were able to find out relatively quickly what was causing the problem so that you can avoid those pesky naners in the future (unless they are in bananas foster).

Thanks for taking the time to share your adventures with us all - it's really been a fun read. And there have been times when it's felt a bit like falling down a rabbit hole. Would it freak you out to know that my favorite color is also green?

I'll be keeping an eye out for that new report ... I'm sure you're going to have a zip-zap-grabulous F&W trip! :thumbsup2

Oh, what a horrible end to your trip! I used to be the same way with chocolate when I was younger...I could eat a little, but if I had too much, I would develop a high fever and start breaking out. I did grow out of it, so hopefully, your banana issues will go away someday too!

Thanks to everyone! I should have my wrap up posted tomorrow and my new Pre Trip Report!:smickey:

Oh my, you poor thing...what an awful way to end your vacation.:hug: Glad you made it home safely to your hubby and were able to find out what was wrong.

I really enjoyed your report, it was so very entertaining!!

Can't wait to start reading your PTR!!!!:thumbsup2

Thanks for :hug: and for reading!

Hives are awful. I get them from one of my most favoritest things-cheese. I can't give up my cheese, so I always have Prednisone handy in case I over indulge. Half the battle is knowing what causes the hives so your lucky you found out. I admit I would have never thought bananas would cause hives. Glad your better now. :goodvibes

Yeah, bananas? Never would have called that one. I can't imagine cheese though:scared1:

What a horrible end to your trip. I'm glad they got you diagnosed correctly and that you are doing better now. :hug:

Looking forward to your PTR:goodvibes

The horrible ending was part of my excuse for the upcoming trip. "But sweetie, my last trip ending was soooo bad and I got a gread deal on this Sept trip":angel:

I get hives from alcohol....sucks to be me!!!

Oh wow, that's randomer than bananas!

Oh, NO! You poor thing. :hug: I am glad you were able to determine what caused the hives so that hopefully you never have to deal with that again.

I'll never be able to eat Mufungo again! Thankfully it looks like it's not on the Puerto Rico food booth list so I won't be tempted.

Not the breakfast of champions :sad2:

(But that's a good idea with the flatbread sub for the roll, YUM!)

I wonder why they don't give you flat bread to begin with?:confused3

oh no! that sucks about the bananas! :( at least you figured out what it was though. can't wait to read your upcoming trip!

I can't wait to write my upcoming trip report!:laughing:

Awww, Laura; you poor thing. :hug: What an awful way to end your trip. I'm glad you were able to find out relatively quickly what was causing the problem so that you can avoid those pesky naners in the future (unless they are in bananas foster).

Thanks for taking the time to share your adventures with us all - it's really been a fun read. And there have been times when it's felt a bit like falling down a rabbit hole. Would it freak you out to know that my favorite color is also green?

I'll be keeping an eye out for that new report ... I'm sure you're going to have a zip-zap-grabulous F&W trip! :thumbsup2

:goodvibes Thanks again for reading and pimping. It's probably a good thing I won't be in WDW when you will because the encounter could create a time paradox, the results of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space time continuum, and destroy the entire universe! Granted, that's a worse case scenario.:rolleyes1

Oh, what a horrible end to your trip! I used to be the same way with chocolate when I was younger...I could eat a little, but if I had too much, I would develop a high fever and start breaking out. I did grow out of it, so hopefully, your banana issues will go away someday too!

I hope it does too. I can have a little bit, but not enough for a pack of gorillas anymore. My Spouse is sad because I won't make banana muffins anymore.:rolleyes:

Hey, I think we'll be at WDW at the same time! We have a reservation at Bier Garten at 4:00 on Tues, Sept 29. Why don't you come sit at our table??

It's awful having weird food allergies! I'm allergic to coconut oil and you say that and people look at you like you have ten heads. No, I'm not allergic to coconut, just the oil.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter