• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Survey: Is having a live PodCast recording on Castaway Cay a good idea?

Do you think we should have the live podcast on Castaway Cay?

• Yes. It's OK with me if you have it on Castaway Cay.

• No. I would prefer you do it somewhere else on another day.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That about my limit on most conversations anyway. ;)

so let's see....
if there are 800 people...
how much time can we spend with each person, if we want to speak with everyone individually....

we're on the boat for just under 4 days (board at about noon and disembark at about 8 am)...

but let's just take 4 X 24 hours = 96 hours

96 X 60 = 5,760 minutes

5,760 / 800 = 7.2 minutes per person

so if you want to speak to each person, you only have 7 minutes per person to do that...

carry a stopwatch with you....at 7 minutes...ding...on to the next person...

is that correct? did i calculate that correctly? seems kind of insane...

Anyone else picture a Podcast vesion of 7 Minutes in Heaven there???

No? Just me? :rolleyes1

Just wanted to add that I really appreciate the efforts of the DIS team to gauge the interest on this option. :cool2:

so let's see....
if there are 800 people...
how much time can we spend with each person, if we want to speak with everyone individually....

we're on the boat for just under 4 days (board at about noon and disembark at about 8 am)...

but let's just take 4 X 24 hours = 96 hours

96 X 60 = 5,760 minutes

5,760 / 800 = 7.2 minutes per person

so if you want to speak to each person, you only have 7 minutes per person to do that...

carry a stopwatch with you....at 7 minutes...ding...on to the next person...

is that correct? did i calculate that correctly? seems kind of insane...

I think that sounds about right, especially since you didn't factor in any sleep time.

I think that sounds about right, especially since you didn't factor in any sleep time.

sleep?????? no time to sleep, i've got 800 people to meet....
who knows when i'll have the next opportunity...

so much to do....so little time........ding.......:eek:

We will have to say no. As being from snowy land, the day at the beach is must do. We also definitely want to attend the podcast taping. Will give up time on sea day or Nassau day over Castway Cay day.

Again thanks for asking and looking soooooo forward to PCC 2.0.

While I hate to give up beach time I think this may be a good idea. The theater was full last year and would limit the number of people who could attend. I am also wondering how in the world Disney is going to accommodate 800? for the speakers.

I really do not envy you having to plan for so many people. At least we can say it is going to be one hell of a party. party:

Bumping - relative few people have voted and I want to make sure as many are 'heard' as possible.

The novelty of going to the recording on Castaway Cay is very interesting.

Personally, I've been there twice. Once on PCC 1.0, when now-DH proposed that morning on Serenity Beach. And once on a family cruise with then 6 yo Ian last summer. In both cases, the scheduled ship hours were more than plenty to enjoy the island. That being said, we live in Texas where December may still have 70 degree weather, so I certainly understand the appeal of an entire day on the beach for my northern friends!:beach:

It does have a "coolness" factor, but I also will have to vote no- as I REALLY don't want to miss the recording- but Serenity Bay will be calling me :beach:

BAZINGA!!!!!

800?!?!?!?!?!?!

800! That is a lot of people!
Could be that we might lose some as we get to the final payment date. (other obligations get in the way)
Some people my be "Friends of DISers", rather than diehard DISers and they might not fill up the space for a podcast taping.

800! That is a lot of people!
Could be that we might lose some as we get to the final payment date. (other obligations get in the way)
Some people my be "Friends of DISers", rather than diehard DISers and they might not fill up the space for a podcast taping.

We have folks booking rooms all the time.:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter