Survey: Is having a live PodCast recording on Castaway Cay a good idea?

Do you think we should have the live podcast on Castaway Cay?

• Yes. It's OK with me if you have it on Castaway Cay.

• No. I would prefer you do it somewhere else on another day.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you asked John. I appreciate it.

I did vote "no" though. CC is a big part of why we go on DCL and, if (and I understand that's a BIG if when you're talking about this many people) there's a different choice, I personally would give up almost anything else during the other days and nights to be present for a podcast taping.

I feel the need to join this conversation at this point.

What John wont tell you is that planning the "extras" and logistics for this cruise is close to becoming a 24/7 job. This is in addition to the other jobs that we all have already.

If your feelings are / were hurt, please understand that we are doing everything possible to make sure that you have the BEST cruise ever.

The logistics of finding times and locations for extra activities for 800 people in an already busy itinerary is daunting to say the least.

We are forced to work around DCL's scheduled events and the number of locations on the Disney Wonder that accommodate 800 people are limited.

You are going to have to make decisions on what activities you choose to participate in and what you choose to miss. That's just a fact. No one is going to be able to attend everything DCL offers and still take part in everything the Dis Unplugged offers and vice versa. You will have to make choices.

What ever you (the Pod Cast Team) decides to do is fine with me. Like I said before, I've never been on a cruise before and don't know much about it. I do appreciate that you took the time to ask and to get others opinions..other companies wouldn't have done that. I know that we won't be able to do everything that is offered and I'm ok with that. Options are good and I look forward to making some choices on the cruise. I also have to consider my girls that are going with me and I want them to have a great experience also, so I may have to give up something that I want to do, to be with them on something they want to do...it's all good. My way of thinking is this...I am thankful that we are able to be part of this and will be happy with what ever we do.

I think most of us realize that setting this up, is a LOT of work and we appreciate all that the DIS Team and Dreams are putting into it.

Can't wait to hear what you have in store for us and to meet as many DISers as is possible.

As mentioned previously, there is an inherent flaw with most DIS meets, official events such as PCC 2.0 and DAP and unofficial ones like the Indy meet or the Sweet Meet.

You can't get to talk to everyone/do everything. It is impossible. You need to make the choice which you feel is best for you. Regardless of what is scheduled, someone is going to be unhappy. You have to decide what is going to make your vacation the best/most memorable for your family.

Example:
There are three breakfast meets the morning we sail. Which one to go to? I like to eat at new places to broaden my experience. Two of them are new to me. However, the third is where I am staying and I don't need to wake up earlier to worry about transport to/from the meal. The sleeping in and lack of transportation issues is how I chose. It's not right, it's not wrong, but it is what will work best for me.

BINGO...

Choices and decisions will have to be made... and everyones choices will be the correct one for them:thumbsup2

Since I'm already writing to the "cool-aid crowd", I won't apologize for taking sides or for what I'm about to write.

I said earlier that DW and I took pretty much the same cruise in 2008, leaving Port Canaveral on 12/7/08. I looked back at the prices for that cruise. Counting apples to applies (taxes and cost of transportation to the port), PCC 2.0 is all of $35.00 more than the 2008 cruise cost. I expect DCL, not DU, is the reason for the additional $35 (or more).

For that "additional $35" I get an exceptional singer, two speakers and probably more stuff I don't yet know about.

If they taped the podcast show at 5 am, I'd be there without complaints. I would only hope my vuvuzela-loud snoring wouldn't get onto the recording.

What John wont tell you is that planning the "extras" and logistics for this cruise is close to becoming a 24/7 job. This is in addition to the other jobs that we all have already.

If your feelings are / were hurt, please understand that we are doing everything possible to make sure that you have the BEST cruise ever.

The logistics of finding times and locations for extra activities for 800 people in an already busy itinerary is daunting to say the least.

We are forced to work around DCL's scheduled events and the number of locations on the Disney Wonder that accommodate 800 people are limited.

You are going to have to make decisions on what activities you choose to participate in and what you choose to miss. That's just a fact. No one is going to be able to attend everything DCL offers and still take part in everything the Dis Unplugged offers and vice versa. You will have to make choices.

Totally agree (John just asked the question). We're happy to be going on the cruise and we will do as much as we can! We're hoping to do more socializing than we did last year. We found ourselves enjoying a beer and/or a glass of wine on our balcony every day, only to realize later we were missing fun stuff that was happening elsewhere! And we hope to stay up later (we are old ya know).;)

I like the idea, but since I've never been to CC before, I'd be really torn about what I wanted to do. I'd rather that it be recorded during the stop at Nassau since there really isn't anything there I'm looking forward to.

As mentioned previously, there is an inherent flaw with most DIS meets, official events such as PCC 2.0 and DAP and unofficial ones like the Indy meet or the Sweet Meet.

You can't get to talk to everyone/do everything. It is impossible. You need to make the choice which you feel is best for you. Regardless of what is scheduled, someone is going to be unhappy. You have to decide what is going to make your vacation the best/most memorable for your family.

This was very true at DAP last year, There were several people whom, I would have like to have spent time with, but wasn't able to. I also didn't get everything I hope to do during the weekend accomplished, which is why I planned extra time at Disney this December Pre & Post Cruise.

I am one from attending many conferences & have been apart of planning a few myself, I know planning things so that everyone can get in what they want is hard and sometime logistically impossible. The larger the group makes for tougher logistics are when space is limited. Thank you for the hard work Tracy, John & Kevin are putting in to make this a memorable event for us.

I have heard from many Diser's who were on PCC 1.0 that there were many things they wished they had done but didn't get too on the first podcast cruise. So, I am realistic that I will not get to attend everything planned by the Podcast team and I am fine with that. I will pick and choose what work for me and what I want to get out of this trip, which is having fun spent with Old and New Friends.

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents worth to the discussion.

I voted "yes" for having the taping on CC.

I personally think it will be more comfortable sitting on a beach chair- in my bare feet - enjoying the sea air & sipping an island cocktail while being a part of the Podcast recording.

I understand that the beach is a big part of the cruise for a lot of us, myself included, especially those with children.
I do wonder how many of those with children are planning on coming to the taping anyway? Even if the taping is on board the ship - I see the kids wanting to be doing something else other than sitting in a theater for several hours for the taping :confused3

BAZINGA!!!!!

800?!?!?!?!?!?!

Holy cowsers, that is a boat load of people!!! (Pun intended.:goodvibes) When did we get that high? You should have announced it on the show during rapid fire or something. It'd be awesome to get some more PCC 2.0 publicity on the show....get more DISers along for the fun. Wonder if we can break 900? (Pun intended, again.:goodvibes)

BAZINGA!!!!!

800?!?!?!?!?!?!

Holy cowsers, that is a boat load of people!!! (Pun intended.:goodvibes) When did we get that high? You should have announced it on the show during rapid fire or something. It'd be awesome to get some more PCC 2.0 publicity on the show....get more DISers along for the fun. Wonder if we can break 900? (Pun intended, again.:goodvibes)

forget 900, let's fill the whole boat!!

BAZINGA!!!!!

800?!?!?!?!?!?!

I was thinking the same thing when I read this! :thumbsup2
How many rooms does that equate to?
Are we anywhere near 25% of the ship as far as rooms go?
Thats 33% of the capacity of the ship is it not?
Where's my calculator?

I was thinking the same thing when I read this! :thumbsup2
How many rooms does that equate to?
Are we anywhere near 25% of the ship as far as rooms go?
Thats 33% of the capacity of the ship is it not?
Where's my calculator?

if the maximum number of passengers is 2400, then 800 would be 33%...
pretty impressive!!

so let's see....
if there are 800 people...
how much time can we spend with each person, if we want to speak with everyone individually....

we're on the boat for just under 4 days (board at about noon and disembark at about 8 am)...

but let's just take 4 X 24 hours = 96 hours

96 X 60 = 5,760 minutes

5,760 / 800 = 7.2 minutes per person

so if you want to speak to each person, you only have 7 minutes per person to do that...

carry a stopwatch with you....at 7 minutes...ding...on to the next person...

is that correct? did i calculate that correctly? seems kind of insane...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter