• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Survey: Is having a live PodCast recording on Castaway Cay a good idea?

Do you think we should have the live podcast on Castaway Cay?

• Yes. It's OK with me if you have it on Castaway Cay.

• No. I would prefer you do it somewhere else on another day.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WebmasterJohn

Genius
Administrator
Hey Gang

We are in the process of working out the details of Podcast Cruise 2.0 events. As you can imagine working with DCL on specifics always remains a challenge, but as soon as we have all the details worked out we will be posting an itinerary of what will be happening on the cruise and when.

One of our big questions revolves around when to have the live recording of the Podcast, so we thought we would get you all involved. Basically we want to know if you think recording the live podcast on Castaway Cay is a good idea or not.

There is a certain coolness factor to this but there are also logistical issues involved.

Most importantly we want our listeners and guests to be able to enjoy as much of the cruise as possible and we are concerned that we might be putting people in the position of choosing between attending the recording and spending time on CC with their families.

So, please let us know if you think it would be a good idea to have the live podcast recording on CC or not. I don't have specifics yet but most likely if we did it on CC the recording would be mid-morning and last about 2 hours. Seating would be provided, it would be in a covered area and we would have a back-up plan in place if it rained.

The results of the poll will help us make a decision. Keep in mind that no one is required to attend any of the events onboard including the podcast taping.

This is not a 'majority rules' type of thing. We are just looking for your input.

Thanks
John

As long as the weather cooperates, I think it might be fun. It will allow us to make more noise when the podcast crew is introduced, but it might scare off the other guests in the area.

Have you though about security to keep non DISers out of the recording pavillion?
Would we be allowed to bring in adult beverages to the recording? LOL

Yes. Yes. Yes. As long as it doesn't conflict with completing the 5K [and I walk slow.] Weather be hanged...as long as the podcast crew is safe.

I can't see anyone saying no to this....

...except those going post-cruise. ;)

I voted no. I'd like to spend my CC day actually doing CC stuff. I thought the way it was done on PCC 1.0 was a good solution.

As long as the weather cooperates, I think it might be fun. It will allow us to make more noise when the podcast crew is introduced, but it might scare off the other guests in the area.

Have you though about security to keep non DISers out of the recording pavillion?
Would we be allowed to bring in adult beverages to the recording? LOL

Yes - we have plans in place that will keep people who did not book their cruise through Dreams Unlimited Travel out of any of the activities we have planned.

I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to bring your adult beverage into the area where the taping will be. As a matter-of-fact I prefer my audiences all liquored up.

I voted no. I'd like to spend my CC day actually doing CC stuff. I thought the way it was done on PCC 1.0 was a good solution.

Agree, as someone who doesnt get to the beach much, I am looking forward to every hour in the ocean. I would be disapointed if I had to miss any time on CC! Unless you can do it at 4pm and convince dcl to stay on the island longer:rotfl: or leave us all there whatever!:rolleyes:

I'm not able to make the cruise this time, but I'm imagining PCC 1.0, and I say that I would have hated giving up the swimming, the beach, and most of all, the PARASAILING to sit somewhere quietly enjoying the taping of a podcast.

Unfortunatley, I have to vote no. It's a very cool idea, but, my girls are looking forward to the CC day the most and I wouldn't want to miss any of the precious time we had there.

Lois! You live in JERSEY and want to go the beach? :rotfl:

I know, I know - DUHGreg is not a beach person. Not only do I live in New Jersey, my sister lives in Manasquan - really, I have no excuses, except for work getting the way, Greg doesn't like the beach and driving "down the shore" is a nightmare on weekends! Give me a restful day on the blue Caribbean!!

Unfortunatley, I have to vote no. It's a very cool idea, but, my girls are looking forward to the CC day the most and I wouldn't want to miss any of the precious time we had there.

Ditto this, but change the 'girls' to 'boys'!

--Hillary

John, is the consideration of CC due to the size of the group? just curious.

What is the weather like on CC in December. Is it warm enough to go in the water? I know in our part of the country that it would be to cool to be hitting the beach and we are about the same Latitude as CC.

Average Temps at Castaway Cay

Month Avg. High Avg. Low Avg. Precip
December 79.0 °F 63.9 °F 2.00 in

Water temp in the Bahamas in December is 72 degrees. That is a little cool for me, but I live in a tropical state.

I voted no, but can we do a recorded dining review of Cookies BBQ with Kevin? :hyper: ;)

What is the weather like on CC in December. Is it warm enough to go in the water? I know in our part of the country that it would be to cool to be hitting the beach and we are about the same Latitude as CC.

Average Temps at Castaway Cay

Month Avg. High Avg. Low Avg. Precip
December 79.0 °F 63.9 °F 2.00 in

Water temp in the Bahamas in December is 72 degrees. That is a little cool for me, but I live in a tropical state.

DW and I did CC in December 2008. The weather and water was fabulous. We did the adult beach. There were plenty of folks in the water. I found it very comfortable and am planning on bringing my mask and snorkel.

I just appreciate being asked but I lean toward having the podcast recording so that it doesn't conflict with CC but I'll attend no matter what.

I voted No...This is my First Cruise ever and I am looking forward to Castaway Cay day and won't want to give any of the time spent on the island up to attend the taping.

This size of the group is one consideration. Availability of venues on the ship and allowing time for all our events are others. In addition we are trying to work with DCL around their schedules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter