Surprised the kids, wife, and my readers w/ a 2 week trip to AoA!(*NEW* 11-7)

Hey was lurking and now posting...:wave2:

You got some really great pictures at AoA ... Little Mermaid section super cute...also like all your photos of the Cars section... It looks like it would be a great area to stay for a little guy's special trip... (Sometimes I think Disney gets so into the Princesses they forget the guys... but I think they're getting a lot better with that...)

Also looks like a really great food court at AoA...

You will have to do Jedi Academy someday... it really is pretty awesome...:thumbsup2

Love TSM but I think that everyone makes it over there first thing in the morning should get a Disney Survivor Award...;) (That rush for TSM is not something they show on the Vacation CDs...)

Finally caught up! AoA is awesome looking! I know we want to stay there one day. It is good to know that Disney provides all of that soap when you really don't need it :rotfl: Great start to the first day in the park!

Thank you so much for the links at the beginning of your report. Having 2 of my own children, sometimes I don't get the luxury of sitting and reading all the great comments from everyone. That is just the way life with children goes sometimes! :thumbsup2

I am in love with AoA!!! They offer some really good food options and the room is so cute. The theming is right on in the Cars area.

I have to say again that Parler and Noelle are just so adorable!! My fav pics are Parker with his shades on and Noelle with her cute hair band. I always put those on my girls when they were younger but of course they never lasted long on them either. Tell Candi as long as you get a good pic before she pulls it off, she is doing good.

Can't wait for some more pics and another update!

I do love me a good burger.
and nothing trumps a homemade seasoned burger on the grill:thumbsup2

Hey was lurking and now posting...:wave2:

You got some really great pictures at AoA ... Little Mermaid section super cute...also like all your photos of the Cars section... It looks like it would be a great area to stay for a little guy's special trip... (Sometimes I think Disney gets so into the Princesses they forget the guys... but I think they're getting a lot better with that...)

Also looks like a really great food court at AoA...

You will have to do Jedi Academy someday... it really is pretty awesome...:thumbsup2

Love TSM but I think that everyone makes it over there first thing in the morning should get a Disney Survivor Award...;) (That rush for TSM is not something they show on the Vacation CDs...)
:welcome: out of lurkdom.
very true...i think they were forgoten about alot in the past...

but it seems disney is trying make up for it with things like the cars section, the pirate league, etc...

i think it was a great idea to not do the rope drop there, the CM's were always yelling at people to walk etc...now it seems there was no issue with that and everyone was much calmer and safer going to the rides.
the jedi school did sound pretty neat, i might have to sign up next time.:thumbsup2

Finally caught up! AoA is awesome looking! I know we want to stay there one day. It is good to know that Disney provides all of that soap when you really don't need it :rotfl: Great start to the first day in the park!

there were other days when she would see our bottle that we were using was running low so she would leave 2 for us...but we would generally get 2 days out of a bottle so it wasnt an issue.

Thank you so much for the links at the beginning of your report. Having 2 of my own children, sometimes I don't get the luxury of sitting and reading all the great comments from everyone. That is just the way life with children goes sometimes! :thumbsup2

I am in love with AoA!!! They offer some really good food options and the room is so cute. The theming is right on in the Cars area.

I have to say again that Parler and Noelle are just so adorable!! My fav pics are Parker with his shades on and Noelle with her cute hair band. I always put those on my girls when they were younger but of course they never lasted long on them either. Tell Candi as long as you get a good pic before she pulls it off, she is doing good.

Can't wait for some more pics and another update!
i know what yo umean, i speed read alot of reports...it can take a long time to catch up and comment on every one that you want.

she does look really cute in them, but sadly doesnt leave them on long.:rolleyes:

hoping my photopass arrives today in the mail so i can use those for the next update...and also get it out to the others in my group..they shipped it last friday so should be here any day.:rolleyes1

:wave2:Hi Dan. I have been a lurker on most of your trip reports.
I did see a little boy in the AoA food court on my last trip that looked very familiar, but I could not place him until I looked up and saw you and Candi. I would have spoken but you guys looked like you were in a rush, so I did not want to bother you.

:wave2:Hi Dan. I have been a lurker on most of your trip reports.
I did see a little boy in the AoA food court on my last trip that looked very familiar, but I could not place him until I looked up and saw you and Candi. I would have spoken but you guys looked like you were in a rush, so I did not want to bother you.
:welcome: thanks for coming out of lurkdom.

you should have said something we would have said hi back. were we eating? or walking through?

hope we weren't yelling at parker, there were a few times he was a stinker in there.:)

Caught up on your tr, looking forward to the rest.
glad you are all caught up.:thumbsup2

thanks, hope to have one up today still.

Chapter 8. Out of my way woody.

After our first trip on TSM, we did a bathroom break and had about 10 minutes till buzz and woody were to start there character session, we have always missed them in the past with the line being over and hour after we ride TSM, but with us getting into the park early and riding and offer by about 9:00 it was time to do something we have never done before.

Meet the guys.

The line to wait for them is really neat and provides some good pictures as you wait your turn...

First you come across the box buzz came in on andys bed.
DSC03907.jpg

then we have the alien claw game.
DSC03908.jpg

Noelle is excited but not sure what she is excited yet for.
DSC03909.jpg

Stinky pete makes an appearance.
Noelle had a blast running around his area.
DSC03911.jpg

Still not sure what im suppose to pumping myself up for daddy?
DSC03912.jpg

looks like bullseye has been through this area. we never found the others letters to spell andys name out from his prints.
DSC03913.jpg

then we came across woodys shoe prints.

DSC03915.jpg

some of the detail along the walls.
DSC03916.jpg

clever wording for the cast members only door.
DSC03920.jpg

hmm, i think ill hold onto mommy not sure what is around the corner we are about to come across.
DSC03917.jpg

ahh those guys.
DSC03921.jpg

still not sure about them...so ill go ahead and play with my teeth coming in the side of my mouth.
Photo0152FourBySix.jpg

parker was thrilled to see the guys around the corner.
Photo0157FourBySix.jpg

parker had no problem, blowing right past woody and running straiht into buzz...
DSC03922.jpg

here are a few pictures of the shots that are included on the photopass CD when you visit a character.
Photo0147FourBySix.jpg

Photo0156FourBySix.jpg

Photo0149FourBySix.jpg

he didnt want to let go of buzz
Photo0160FourBySix.jpg

the first interaction was a success...noelle didnt want down but had no issue with them.
Photo0168FourBySix.jpg

then we let parker have his own photo shoot with his best friends.
so excited his eyes were closed.
Photo0172FourBySix.jpg

then they were open.

Photo0178FourBySix.jpg

sorry dont have time for more, im at my picture limit and have a few things to do before the weekend.

Oh my goodness, those are some great pictures! I have never seen the pictures from the waiting area for that meet and greet, those are just adorable, absolutely love them.

Makes me want to make the E's go in there next time, just for that! They haven't had a picture with Buzz since they were 1 and 2!

Great update! Erica and I waited in that queue in 2008 but that's the last time (we didn't wait in line last trip b/c Seth was only 13 months old and at the time wasn't into Toy Story yet) and I don't remember a lot of the detailing. It's all so awesome! I cannot wait for him to see all this when we go in May. Toy Story is his absolute favorite and he will totally dis Woody and run to Buzz too! He LOVES Buzz - that's who he's gonna be for Halloween. Thanks for posting all these - great stuff! So cute how Parker was so excited. I hope Noelle keeps up the good work with the characters. :thumbsup2

Love the waiting area for Woody and buzz pics.

Looks like the kids had a blast, especially Parker.

All pics are so cute :)

Oh my....those pictures are so much fun. Those kids are so cute and you can just see the excitement radiating out of them.

Am I spying a certain t-shirt on a certain princess? It looks a bit familiar to me.

Aweee...look at the joy in his eyes meeting those characters. That's what makes Disney vacations so special!

Great pictures, your family is so cute!

I see your little one is a year old..we're thinking about taking our son Parker is Disney in Feb. which will put him at about 16 months..how did you handle naps..meals..meltdowns lol etc....my parents are coming along with us..but i'm just concerned it may be a little overwhelming...did you guys survive ok?!

What a great meet and greet.
I can see the excitement in the kids. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter